• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
If I had to pick characters for MvC4:
For cut veterans, I'd say Mega Man and Cyclops. How the hell the two were taken out of 3 confuses me. I'd also throw in Captain Commando and Gambit. Maybe SonSon for the odd retro appeal.

For newcomers, I can't really a lot for Marvel (since I admittedly am not the biggest know-it-all when it comes to comics), but for Capcom I'd say Asura from Asura's Wrath, and Ryu from Breath of Fire (Seriously, this kid transforms into a dragon, it writes itself!), and Jon Talbain from Darkstalkers.

Edit: Remember to fact check before listing off characters. -MVG

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I've always had a huge soft spot for all of the MvC1 helper characters. Arthur, Michelle Heart, Lou, Unknown Soldier, Ton Pooh, Pure and Fur, Saki etc. I'd love any one of them in a future Capcom cross over.

I think MvC3 also suffered from not having a few samey characters like Ken and War Machine too. In a Capcom All-Star game, how can you not have Ken, or Zangief even?

If I had to pick characters for MvC4:
For cut veterans, I'd say Mega Man and Cyclops. How the hell the two were taken out of 3 confuses me. I'd also throw in Captain Commando and Gambit. Maybe SonSon for the odd retro appeal.

For newcomers, I can't really a lot for Marvel (since I admittedly am not the biggest know-it-all when it comes to comics), but for Capcom I'd say Asura from Asura's Wrath, and Ryu from Breath of Fire (Seriously, this kid transforms into a dragon, it writes itself!), Jon Talbain from Darkstalkers, and Bruce Willis Bruno Dellinger from Dynamite Cop.
Dynamite Cop is SEGA....

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I've always had a huge soft spot for all of the MvC1 helper characters. Arthur, Michelle Heart, Lou, Unknown Soldier, Ton Pooh, Pure and Fur, Saki etc. I'd love any one of them in a future Capcom cross over.

I think MvC3 also suffered from not having a few samey characters like Ken and War Machine too. In a Capcom All-Star game, how can you not have Ken, or Zangief even?

Dynamite Cop is SEGA....
It is? Well **** what was I thinking? Changing it.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I'm about 90% sure Jon Talbain would have been a character, Niitsuma constantly brought him up as someone he wanted to add. I also wonder what the hell happened to Cyclops. The original leak of MvC3 from Captivate said that he was in along with Magneto, Spiderman, Wolverine and Storm.

I seem recall Seth Killian stating that Megaman X and Gene nearly made it into UMvC3.

Tessa is an interesting choice, what made you come to think she'd be one? I think Rouge may have been a possibility due to being considered for Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. Or maybe we'd have got another veteran like Captain Commando.

Blade would have been amazing but I always felt Deadpool kind of took his spot. I'd like to think that we'd have got a Spiderman villain too.
I remember talks about Donovan. I've heared that they wanted Jon Talbain, but was never able to find a source.

They essentially said Cyclops was boring because all he could do is shoot a beam.
I heared people at Capcom were interested in adding Tessa.

Seth only said Mega Man, not X.Rouge is Marvel though. If I had to bet Commando was left out due to having to make 3D models and animations for all his partners. Also him and Jin weren't even considered for the Ultimate version apparently.

All the major Spidey villains had legal and technical issues. I picked Blade because he was originally heavily considered for the vanilla version, but left out because too many swords, but they would go against things they say all the time and added Vergil anyway.

Last edited:

Mr.X98

Smash Journeyman
I missed the Alex in SV5 conversation? what a bummer! Might as well say my peace now...

Alex was one of my favorite characters in Street Fighter 3 and I always thought that focusing the story plot unto a character with an unorthodox grappling style really changed up the feel of the game in the long run. I think that choice is why I enjoy when storylines are relegated unto different individuals within the same universe.

If he does make it into the game I will be ecstatic, but my only wish if he gets redesigned is if he gets his original costume as well, I am quite fond of the design choice in SF3 and I would love to brawl with that costume on.

And that's my 2 cents (more like a dollar based on the amount I crammed into this...) Anyone else feel this way?

PS. This is what I was trying to finish to put on this thread for reference of his original design, but apparently I was late to the party...

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Real Talk just forget Marvel and crossover with someone else. You got 3 different game companies you can easily crossover with (Sega, Namco-Bandai and Square-Enix), a few anime companies to do a TvC thing again and even just go do Capcom Fighting Jam but with Marvel's gameplay.

There is one last company they can go to for a crossover but let's be honest, it's a damn pipedream so let's leave that idea alone

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Does that company happen to be Nintendo?

Or dare I say it's Konami?
It actually was Konami.

As for Nintendo vs Capcom, that is known as a 'In case of Emergency, Break Glass' game where it's that one game where they can easily have the biggest moment in gaming history.

Square did it last June with the FF7 remake and Sega has one with Sonic Adventure 3

Chrono.

Real Talk just forget Marvel and crossover with someone else. You got 3 different game companies you can easily crossover with (Sega, Namco-Bandai and Square-Enix), a few anime companies to do a TvC thing again and even just go do Capcom Fighting Jam but with Marvel's gameplay.

There is one last company they can go to for a crossover but let's be honest, it's a damn pipedream so let's leave that idea alone
DFC is a pretty decent game.

If they had gone full blown SEGA Vs Dengeki instead of just "Animu Girls Ft. Akira" I would've been more inclined to get it

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
DFC is a pretty decent game.

If they had gone full blown SEGA Vs Dengeki instead of just "Animu Girls Ft. Akira" I would've been more inclined to get it
All they had to do was make a Sega team with Akira, Selveria, Kazuya (from Yazuka series), Sonic, Joe Musashi and a Phantasy Star character and it'll be perfect than just playing as SAO and Oreimo characters. At least Railgun characters are in there

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I went into the Halloween avatar bandwagon too.
halloween doshrekingo.png

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Man, if in the unlikely case a MVC4 was ever made, I'd just want most of 3's guys back, plus Mega Man for Capcom. Edgeworth would be awesome too just because he's Edgeworth, or if they went with the Franziska Von Karma idea they had for 2.

But for Marvel? I'd just wonder where the hell Black Widow is, considering it's really awkward that all five of the other original MCU Avengers were playable. :p Falcon, Daredevil, Vision, and Scarlet Witch would also be the bee's knees. I'd say Ant-Man, too, but I love how he's part of Hawkeye's moveset.

The obvious choice for MvC4 is Agent Coulson.
Also this. There's so much he could pull from just from Agents of Shield alone.

It actually was Konami.

As for Nintendo vs Capcom, that is known as a 'In case of Emergency, Break Glass' game where it's that one game where they can easily have the biggest moment in gaming history.

Square did it last June with the FF7 remake and Sega has one with Sonic Adventure 3
Sega already used that one . . . it's called Sonic 06 :troll:

all that matters to me in MvC is Joe, Phoenix, Amaterasu, and Nova

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Would anyone be up for another Phantasy Star Universe? Back in the day I didn't have good internet and I couldnt afford a subscription to PSO, but I personally really like PSU. I didn't get to finish it though. My PS2 broke.....I even already had PSU: Ambitions of Illuminus jyst ready to go when I finished it...

Chrono.

Would anyone be up for another Phantasy Star Universe? Back in the day I didn't have good internet and I couldnt afford a subscription to PSO, but I personally really like PSU. I didn't get to finish it though. My PS2 broke.....I even already had PSU: Ambitions of Illuminus jyst ready to go when I finished it...
I would but SEGA would just not localize it.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Konami vs Capcom would be the best. Nemesis vs Pyramid Head tho.

Damn it Konami.
Man, if in the unlikely case a MVC4 was ever made, I'd just want most of 3's guys back, plus Mega Man for Capcom. Edgeworth would be awesome too just because he's Edgeworth, or if they went with the Franziska Von Karma idea they had for 2.

But for Marvel? I'd just wonder where the hell Black Widow is, considering it's really awkward that all five of the other original MCU Avengers were playable. :p Falcon, Daredevil, Vision, and Scarlet Witch would also be the bee's knees. I'd say Ant-Man, too, but I love how he's part of Hawkeye's moveset.

Also this. There's so much he could pull from just from Agents of Shield alone.
Daredevil would be the bees knees, but if we were to get characters from the MCU I think we should get Loki and Thanos. I guess Captain Marvel aka Ms. Marvel too, and Black Panther if they can make him interesting enough (which is why he wasn't added to begin with).

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
If I had to pick between the two, I'd say Von Karma; but I wouldn't mind either one. I could see them being a less corny version of Wright's gameplay (and there needs to be a Steel Samurai reference in Edgeworth's moveset somewhere. It just wouldn't be the same without one).

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Real Talk I would play the hell out of Shonen Jump vs Capcom just to see hype and insanity behind it.

To bad it has so many BS licensing issues

Chrono.

Edgeworth makes the most sense to add imo, Franny would be cool though (though I assume she'd have a much more traditional moveset).

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'll be honest, if Mega Man was in MvC3, him, along with Zero and Tron Bonne would have been a really great Mega Man series roster in a crossover.

Even so, MvC3's roster isn't that bad on the Capcom side. Some of the earlier Capcom vs. games had the Capcom side made up almost entirely of Street Fighter characters. The crossovers with SNK are particularly guilty of this.

Real Talk I would play the hell out of Shonen Jump vs Capcom just to see hype and insanity behind it.

To bad it has so many BS licensing issues
Any crossover with an anime/manga company is always a legal nightmare when released outside of Japan.

Take Shounen Jump, for example. It may be easy to make a Jump crossover in Japan, given the rights are all shared by Shueisha, the editor of the Jump magazine. However, in North America and Europe, each of Shounen Jump's manga series' rights may be held by different companies. When attempting to release such a crossover outside of Japan, all of those companies must agree to it.

In fact, when Capcom released Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, they had to go through this kind of stuff to get it released outside of Japan. And as far as I know, one of the characters on the Tatsunoko side had to be removed in international versions as a result.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I'll be honest, if Mega Man was in MvC3, him, along with Zero and Tron Bonne would have been a really great Mega Man series roster in a crossover.

Even so, MvC3's roster isn't that bad on the Capcom side. Some of the earlier Capcom vs. games had the Capcom side made up almost entirely of Street Fighter characters. The crossovers with SNK are particularly guilty of this.

Any crossover with an anime/manga company is always a legal nightmare when released outside of Japan.

Take Shounen Jump, for example. It may be easy to make a Jump crossover in Japan, given the rights are all shared by Shueisha, the editor of the Jump magazine. However, in North America and Europe, each of Shounen Jump's manga series' rights may be held by different companies. When attempting to release such a crossover outside of Japan, all of those companies must agree to it.

In fact, when Capcom released Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, they had to go through this kind of stuff to get it released outside of Japan. And as far as I know, one of the characters on the Tatsunoko side had to be removed in international versions as a result.
MvC2 was basically X-Men vs Street Fighter 2. MvC3 did a great job of having a diverse roster. Still wish Capcom wouldn't ignore Onimusha so much.

I thought that one Tatsunoko character was left out for being too Japanese lol. We got the better deal though, getting 4 bad ass exclusive characters.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

True. It's one of the many reasons Jump All-Stars finally got over.

I rather go for Capcom vs SNK 3 than for Jump All Stars vs Capcom

D

Deleted member

You are correct about the character removal. A genie named Hakushon Daimao had to be removed from the international release due to licensing issues in Europe. The character themes for the Tatsunoko characters had to be removed as well, and on the Capcom side, only Roll's theme played during the credits when arcade mode was beaten with her.

Some Daimao Gameplay (Featuring Viewtiful Joe):

Last edited by a moderator:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I mean, putting things into perspective, imagine if Nintendo's franchises were licensed by different companies outside of Japan. Suddenly, a game like Super Smash Bros. becomes much harder to release outside of Japan.

The first Project X Zone game had some music altered due to rights issues. Not even the main theme of the game made it. They had to replace it with a new song. Of course, I don't believe this will be a problem for the sequel given they already announced a Western release, whereas the first one was only considered for a Japan-only release, only released outside due to fan demand.

And I guess the sequel wouldn't have existed if it weren't for the fan demand in the West for the first game.

Chrono.

I mean, putting things into perspective, imagine if Nintendo's franchises were licensed by different companies outside of Japan. Suddenly, a game like Super Smash Bros. becomes much harder to release outside of Japan.

The first Project X Zone game had some music altered due to rights issues. Not even the main theme of the game made it. They had to replace it with a new song. Of course, I don't believe this will be a problem for the sequel given they already announced a Western release, whereas the first one was only considered for a Japan-only release, only released outside due to fan demand.

And I guess the sequel wouldn't have existed if it weren't for the fan demand in the West for the first game.
...And then it went on to get mixed reception.

Makes me wonder if it'll alter the sales of the sequel in any way... (especially since they're being rather quiet about the gameplay)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom