• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I wonder if they will ever get around to MvC4. I know the whole Disney thing, but hopefully it could still be possible.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Really?! How many other characters were planned? I know Doc Ock and a male Darkstalkers character, but that's it. Didn't Venom get cut because the game couldn't handle his animation or something?
Venom because of advertising reasons. They probably wasn't gonna advertise the Flash Thompson Venom considering Eddie Brock wasn't Venom anymore at the time.

He was Anti-Venom which is a entirely different beast.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I'm just surprised Capcom never gave a reason as to why Daredevil wasn't added. They gave reasons for exclusion of every god damn Marvel character you can think of, but never explained Daredevil's absence.
Really?! How many other characters were planned? I know Doc Ock and a male Darkstalkers character, but that's it. Didn't Venom get cut because the game couldn't handle his animation or something?
The only characters we truly know we're meant to be in are Gene and Mega Man, though there was a lot of talks about potentially getting a male Darkstalkers in (it was mainly Donavon and supposedly Jon Talbane?).

Doc Ock was left out do to technical limitations and Venom was left out due to legal reasons.

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Just finished Plague of Shadow, and I liked it more than the original campaign : a lot of power combinaison and more character development. The bosses are too easy thought.
Or the ones that lurk behind your figmas. View attachment 77458
Times Square is an interesting place where creeps in friendly costumes gather.
True story : I was sitting and a store with some friends, watching the streets. There was a "Woody" outside. Each time he turned his scared face in my direction, I had the horrible impression that he would stare at me and teleport to my location to kill me.

They are scarier when they took of their mask : it looked like they are walking demons with the throat open and a scarf as their blood.

"Friendly" isn't the term I would use.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Venom because of advertising reasons. They probably wasn't gonna advertise the Flash Thompson Venom considering Eddie Brock wasn't Venom anymore at the time.

He was Anti-Venom which is a entirely different beast.
I'm just surprised Capcom never gave a reason as to why Daredevil wasn't added. They gave reasons for exclusion of every god damn Marvel character you can think of, but never explained Daredevil's absence.

The only characters we truly know we're meant to be in are Gene and Mega Man, though there was a lot of talks about potentially getting a male Darkstalkers in (it was mainly Donavon and supposedly Jon Talbane?).

Doc Ock was left out do to technical limitations and Venom was left out due to legal reasons.
Good. I heard it was because of Venom's animations, I knew it was bull**** lol
I thought AntMan would be neat but then I remembered that he can't really be done because shrinking. I wouldn't mind Cloak and Dagger either, there's enough to work with those two

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I still dont know why after all these years they never made a DC VS Marvel game.Like they could make way more money with that than they could with a MVC game.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I still dont know why after all these years they never made a DC VS Marvel game.Like they could make way more money with that than they could with a MVC game.
They would have to nerf Superman for the 9,456th time in order to make the Avengers and Batman have a chance at scratching his chiseled face.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Good. I heard it was because of Venom's animations, I knew it was bull**** lol
I thought AntMan would be neat but then I remembered that he can't really be done because shrinking. I wouldn't mind Cloak and Dagger either, there's enough to work with those two
I;m glad that there's at least an Antman easter egg though.
And I'm so happy someone else has faith in Cloak and Dagger ;_;
I thought I was the only one.......aside from maybe a few hundred others...

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I wish Ms. Marvel got in as a replacement for Rouge, but instead of kissing she had energy blasts.
(If you know of Rouge's backstory you'd know why that makes sense).

Oh, and we should had gotten classic Jill, and have Black Widow take a slightly edited version of the move set that was made for new Jill. It would have been perfect.

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Ima be real right now, if Marvel vs Capcom 4 became a thing and was PS4/Xbox One exclusive because Sony/Microsoft game them the money to acquire the license and make the game, I would consider buying them straight up.

Though I can see the PS4 exclusive happening more because Sony seem to be in love with Fighting games thing gen (SF5 and KOF XIV, both big name title sin the FGC and are already PS4 exclusive).
I wonder how people would react to MvC4 being Wii U (NX?) exclusive. I can almost taste the salt in the air....the delicious taste of nerd rage.

I might prefer a TvC2 before that though.

Chrono.

I wonder how people would react to MvC4 being Wii U (NX?) exclusive. I can almost taste the salt in the air....the delicious taste of nerd rage.

I might prefer a TvC2 before that though.
If TvC2 doesn't happen I'd at least want Baroque to come back.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
A potential Marvel vs Capcom 4 should have Moon Knight.

But if there's one thing I'd like to see it's Carnage.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If Marvel vs. Capcom 4 ever becomes a thing, my fingers are crossed for:

- Mega Man because why is Mega Man not in MvC3 especially after being in the previous two just whyyyy
- Nilin from Remember Me
- Apollo Justice
- The REAL Jill Valentine (not this Nina Williams wannabe bull****)
- Venom

Also if you could cut Trish for Lady that'd be great and Chris for Leon that'd be great

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's because there's more than 6 characters that they need to know.

:troll:
To be serious for a second, say what you want about MvC2, but I will say that honestly I can't blame Capcom for its balancing issue. If there's one thing I've learned, it's that trying to have a vast and diverse cast all the while keeping everyone balanced with each other is an utter nightmare. Even with a small cast you'll run into problems for X being better/worse than Y and vice versa. Even things as small as oversights or bugs can majorly impact a character's performance.

And when you're trying to fit over fifty characters into one spot, you're bound to get a divided roster. Even games like Smash 4 with some of the best names in gaming devoting their time into it along with the use of patches has still gotten its issues with balancing. It's inescapable.

/tangent

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

CAPCOM Side:
- Mega Man because why is Mega Man not in MvC3 especially after being in the previous two just whyyyy
- Leon S. Kennedy (if there's only 4 Resident Evil characters, replace Chris)
- Nilin from Remember Me
- Apollo Justice
We need Zangief otherwise who will crush man's skull like sparrow's egg between thighs?

I don't think Metal Face will be in MvC, Regi. :drshrug:
I don't care. Just give me Carnage.

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
Figured I should hop on the bandwagon of avatar change (especially since the ballot is over, registering my propaganda as pointless). So now I am a sp00py ghost. Feels a bit empty without Chorus Kids and Pichu, but I will persevere.

Again, I'd post more, but a lot of the time I feel that there just isn't much for me to contribute (other than when I draw/edit stuff). Like, for example, right now it's MvC3 talk? I've only ever watched the game during big tournaments for the fun of it and most the time I have no idea whats going on. Deadpool and Phoenix Wright are cool though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Chrono.

- Nilin from Remember Me
- Apollo Justice
- Venom

Also if you could cut Trish for Lady that'd be great and Chris for Leon that'd be great
This. plus Nero from DMC and an MH Hunter (I know the MH devs apparently didn't like the idea but it's nice to dream)

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
UMvC3 was pretty good in all honesty. A few roster omissions aside the game was very fun. The worst thing was when Niitsuma said that they would have added 8 more characters if they delayed it.

Considering no one wanted UMvC3 only 9 months after MvC3 released, and everyone would have loved 8 more characters, I would have said it would have been for the best.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

- Nilin from Remember Me
- Apollo Justice
- Venom

Because he's not much of a brawler, he just has a bunch of projectiles, which we already have Arthur for that anyway. Not to mention we also have Zero who is cooler and who you guys wanted more anyway.
Essentially reasons they gave. Then they planned on adding him in the Ultimate version anyway.

Chrono.

Because he's not much of a brawler, he just has a bunch of projectiles, which we already have Arthur for that anyway. Not to mention we also have Zero who is cooler and who you guys wanted more anyway.
Essentially reasons they gave. Then they planned on adding him in the Ultimate version anyway.
We got a lawyer in this game.

That's a pretty flimsy reason.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Do I hear Marvel vs Capcom 3 talk?
After researching a bit I made a list of the 8 characters I think would have been added if there was more time.

So that I can make myself sad.
I'm about 90% sure Jon Talbain would have been a character, Niitsuma constantly brought him up as someone he wanted to add. I also wonder what the hell happened to Cyclops. The original leak of MvC3 from Captivate said that he was in along with Magneto, Spiderman, Wolverine and Storm.

I seem recall Seth Killian stating that Megaman X and Gene nearly made it into UMvC3.

Tessa is an interesting choice, what made you come to think she'd be one? I think Rouge may have been a possibility due to being considered for Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. Or maybe we'd have got another veteran like Captain Commando.

Blade would have been amazing but I always felt Deadpool kind of took his spot. I'd like to think that we'd have got a Spiderman villain too.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
This. plus Nero from DMC and an MH Hunter (I know the MH devs apparently didn't like the idea but it's nice to dream)
"This" to all of it?
Well, the Monster Hunter devs could always change their minds. ;)
I'm not actually a fan of DMC and I think 3 is enough characters from it...which is why I suggested Lady replace Trish.
What does Nero do?
We need Zangief otherwise who will crush man's skull like sparrow's egg between thighs?
Chun-Li.
You've seen that girl's legs right? XD

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This reeks of hamstering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom