• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Ah.

Is the maintenance live yet?
No, I think the NNID maintenance starts in a fe.... wait. The NNID Maintenance Info is gone. The NNID thing isn't listed for 1-5pm anymore. Now it's just online maintenance for 2-7pm
Also Splatoon has its own separate maintenance for tomorrow which wasn't listed yesterday.

Anyway, so apparently maintenance starts in an hour.

Last edited:

Chrono.

For some reason, I'm expecting a massive system update to be rolled out for both consoles after everything's said and done. Hopefully it brings along some new features :p.
Yeah pretty much

I'm just expecting a big firmware update

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Can I just say something?

I hate how people have to bother Nintendo everywhere for a Nintendo Direct. I get that we all want it and it's been months since the last time it happened but to pester Nintendo on every single piece of media for it when the company is still trying to recover from their CEO and get used to new management and rennovation just shows impatience and selfishness

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Hmm so the Canadian elections and the Nintendo maintenance are happening on the very same day..

Obviously whoever wins the election becomes a mii costume for Wave 5.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I had a dream last night that the next wave of DLC brought Waluigi, Young Link and Snake.

You may take this as truth and from henceforth refer to me as Prophet Beam.

Blessings are free (with a small donation)

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I just hope whatever Kojima does next, it's not a Metal Gear ripoff. This trend of ex-developers going off and making sequels with the serial numbers filed off bugs me.

gameonion

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gameonion
3DS FC
4382-1966-1902
I just hope whatever Kojima does next, it's not a Metal Gear ripoff. This trend of ex-developers going off and making sequels with the serial numbers filed off bugs me.
cough wheeze snort

mighty no 9

puke

Seriously though, that was a trainwreck...

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I don't mind games being inspired by other games as long it's something standing on it's own. Making something exactly the same all but in name is kind of lazy in my opinion.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Imo, it's not a problem if a game of those styles and quality havent been made in a while. A metal Gear just came out this year so I seriously doubt he'd immediately make Wooden Cog or Plastic Screw this soon.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Imo, it's not a problem if a game of those styles and quality havent been made in a while. A metal Gear just came out this year so I seriously doubt he'd immediately make Wooden Cog or Plastic Screw this soon.
You forgot Titanium Turbine

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
cough wheeze snort

mighty no 9

puke

Seriously though, that was a trainwreck...
I dunno. I actually enjoyed the demo aside from some questionable level design here and there. The only thing that was legit terrible are the graphics, specifically the character models. It just doesn't look like a $4,000,000 game at all. I wonder how much went to marketing...

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
What would you prefer for Kojima :
That he create is own indy compagnie like Playtonic or that he is hired by some cool compagnie?
He's a big name developer so he could get end up with some company. He should probably go to Nintendo since they love to delay and would actually let him finish his game.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Actually, Kojima's a fan of Kamen Rider and such, collects the action figures iirc. I think he'd be able to do a game with the typical dark and edgy stories Kamen Rider is known for. It does fit Kojima a bit imo. I'd love to see what the guy would do with a beat-em-up

D

Deleted member

Whether Kojima chooses to develop a Metal Gear spiritual successor, a spiritual successor to one of his other works (Snatcher, Policenauts, Zone of the Enders, etc.), or something original entirely, I wish him good luck.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I want Not-Snatcher and Not-Policenauts.

Especially those two because Kojima is freaking incredible when he does games like those. Metal Gear is fine but let's be honest if it ain't like Rising with Platinum, someone is gonna screw it up without Kojima looking over

Be happy, Yuji Naka hasn't made a Sonic ripoff at all since he left Sega.
Although what he made was Not-NiGHTS and that doesn't look any enticing

He's a big name developer so he could get end up with some company. He should probably go to Nintendo since they love to delay and would actually let him finish his game.
Actually Sony will give him the budget and full freedom.

Despite Nintendo being helpful to great developers, they won't give Kojima the freedom he wants and really don't see him working at Nintendo.

Either them or Namco-Bandai and have him team up with Harada

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, looks like it's truly official, then. Kojima is no longer at Konami. Though many rumors and indicators already pointed out in that direction. What he does next is something only time will tell.

Considering his colleagues at Kojima Productions (obviously not called this anymore) remain at Konami, he will have to find himself new people to work with.

In regards to Smash, I think this means Snake's chances hit rock-bottom...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What Kojima should do is go join Sakurai on smash bros, help produce amazing DLC. Then when DLC is over, he and Sakurai take a year long vacation. Then they come back and make the most bad *** Kid Icarus sequel for the NX and then roll in profits and relief!

Ezequieleste

Smash Apprentice
Well, looks like it's truly official, then. Kojima is no longer at Konami. Though many rumors and indicators already pointed out in that direction. What he does next is something only time will tell.

Considering his colleagues at Kojima Productions (obviously not called this anymore) remain at Konami, he will have to find himself new people to work with.

Meanwhile, Snake's support thread (myself included) and his chances of getting in Smash:

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I would say that is probably true, there is still that 4chan rumor that states that in 2016, Namco will be announced as the new owner of metal gear's ip as Konami is supposedly done with it. If this is true, Snake would still have a shot, but that's unlikely currently.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
What Kojima should do is go join Sakurai on smash bros, help produce amazing DLC. Then when DLC is over, he and Sakurai take a year long vacation. Then they come back and make the most bad *** Duck Hunt sequel for the NX and then roll in profits and relief!
Fix it for you.:)

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
It was already made public he was leaving back in May. So if his chances did hit rock bottom, it was a while back and not now. If he didn't leave now he would have left in December.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom