• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
True, but it could be justified by saying they were more powerful in a dream state or something like that. I could see them making Wart a threat somehow if they wanted to.
Or we cold have Peach stay playable, and still have Wart look like a threat without kidnapping Peach, since 3D World shoe Peach doesn't need to be captured to show threatening a villain is

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I'd totally want a playable Goomba in Mario Kart, but I felt it may be best to leave him be the obstacle you constantly run over and laugh at. :3

And I forgot about the Wario Ware characters...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Or we cold have Peach stay playable, and still have Wart look like a threat without kidnapping Peach, since 3D World shoe Peach doesn't need to be captured to show threatening a villain is
True, but peach also had her own game where she saved everyone, yet she still gets captured. So I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't end up playable, but I would love if she did.

Starlight_Lily

It's nonsensical, but it's still happened.
"How can Mario race against is younger self?"
Hey, we all know Mario & Luigi Partners In Time gave us a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why, E. Gadd built a time machine, so the younger selves could come to the present to race their older selves.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Well now
image.jpg

I see why people aren't that fond of HD remakes :shiro:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Hey, we all know Mario & Luigi Partners In Time gave us a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why, E. Gadd built a time machine, so the younger selves could come to the present to race their older selves.
Yeah... That wasn't the best exemple...
How can Mario produce fire underwater?
How can there be breathable air in space?
How can planet as small as those in Mario attract Mario like that?

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Bananija Bananija
Not saying they can't. Nothing stops Nintendo from making a Goomba magically drive without hands. ^^ But with my self-made limited Space Roster of 35, I just decided to leave him out.

Starlight_Lily

Yeah... That wasn't the best exemple...
How can Mario produce fire underwater?
How can there be breathable air in space?
How can planet as small as those in Mario attract Mario like that?
Simple, fire can actually be hotter then water, so it stays, and the water evaporates around it, since there is so much water it doesn't look like any water is evaporating.
Rosalina makes space her *****, in otherwords the luma is what keeps Mario alive, and as for that level in Super Paper Mario, there paper, paper doesn't need to breath.
Laws of gravity, the all the small planetoids and meteors have higher gravity then Mario, so he gets attracted to it.

Yes I did just explain things in Mario with real life Science, cause somones gotta teach you lot this. That's right I did all that just to make you learn in your down time :troll:

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Magic, power ups in the Mushroom Kingdom are pretty much seen as magic of the Mario world, or at least I do in my headcanon
Rosalina makes space her *****, in otherwords the luma is what keeps Mario alive, and as for that level in Super Paper Mario, there paper, paper doesn't need to breath.
Laws of gravity, the all the small planetoids and meteors have higher gravity then Mario, so he gets attracted to it
My point was to show how little to no sense things in Mario games can have, but thanks for making learn stuff.:b:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
K. Rool was as popular heading into Brawl as he was heading into SSB4. And that's really saying something, considering that the only other characters who were in high demand for Brawl who remained just as wanted for SSB4 were Ridley, Isaac, and Mega Man.

He's as far from a bandwagon character as you can get. If you want to see a bandwagon character, look no further than characters like Shantae who got a massive following out of nowhere. Or ones like Geno and Krystal who were massively popular Pre-Brawl and now only have a fraction of the support they once did.

We still have people acting like there's going to be more Mario Kart 8 DLC? :facepalm:
To be fair, I think you're underestimating Krystal's support this time around. Evidence indicates she's still a top 10 most wanted newcomer internationally. Maybe the fraction is around 6 or 7/8ths or something. Granted she doesn't have the relevance or the rumors giving her steam, but she's got staying power for sure. It's not like she went from consideration to nothing. Another thing to add is that her supporters haven't been as loud as pre-Brawl. The approach was more measured and thoughtful, partly because we had to be careful to not attract more haters since Krystal is a character that already has an unfair amount of people hating her just because.

That said, Rool for sure hasn't waned at all and has perhaps even gotten more popular with time. Ridley was the top dog pre-release but since the boss status and Sakurai basically saying he's not going to make him playable, Ridley has dropped off significantly in popularity sadly. Not sure about Isaac from pre-Brawl, but I do remember he was pretty highly requested but not super popular I guess. He's probably gotten relatively more popular too.

Oh, and I've been a Shantae fan for years but never thought she'd ever be considered for Smash so she was never in the forefront of my mind. Basically, I think Shantae had plenty of fans out there already that maybe hadn't considered her for Smash, but other fans and Wayforward reminded them that Nintendo was accepting. The ballot made nearly anything possible if you had enough support and thus it encouraged bandwagons. But before any bandwagon could've happened, the fanbase had to start from somewhere at least is what I'm saying. Likewise, is Inkling support just a bandwagon or just the response to a great new IP? It's very difficult to get a bandwagon unless there's at least something substantial to build off of, even if it's just hype.

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Well nowView attachment 78928

I see why people aren't that fond of HD remakes :shiro:
Is that actually how the remake looks?
There's really no reason to make Goku and Krillin thinner outside of "I don't like the chubby look"...
And I personally think the thinner look and longer necks are terrible.
My eyes are burning like I've been solar flared
*_*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom