• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo's First Samurai: Takamaru for SSB4 (Final Request: Ask the US HW devs to add Takamaru)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staarih

Smash Master
How much Taka's game will cost? $10 or more?
It's 4,99 € in Europe, not sure how that translates into dollars. But yeah, I recommend everyone to buy it, there can never be too much support for Takamaru! I haven't played it in a while since I uploaded it, I should definitely get on board again (whoever said the game is hard wasn't lying haha!).

Marakatu

Smash Ace
My bad, it's not out yet. It looks like it'll be up in three hours. I didn't now that because I don't have a 3DS. Heck, there's no eShop in my country. X(

Marakatu

Smash Ace
Where do you live then? O.o
Brazil. There used to be an eShop here, but there were some problems involving the use of credit cards and now the only way to access the eShop is to register your console as an American console, but that's a grey subject.
There are some indications that the eShop may be back in the future. Sony managed to make the Playstation Store work here, despite facing the same problems.

Itty Bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Itty Bit♪
3DS FC
2878-9679-6999
I just finished downloading it too! This game is pretty relentless, ninjas everywhere XD
I like it a lot so far c:
it was $4.99

Last edited:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
So, anybody is playing the game for the first time today and want to share their impressions?
This game is ridiculously fluid, has nice colorful and easily discerned graphics, and the music is ace. I'm actually kinda surprised at how much I enjoy the game right from the jump. I guess with me always having a bit of love for twitch action titles of varying types (Megaman/X/Zero series, Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, W101, etc) I come from the right background to enjoy this, but at the same time, it's funny that I really don't have an immediate game to draw a parallel to despite MMC having elements from all of these minus jumping/platforming.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Time for a title change now that I've gotten my copy. Time kill ninjas and dodge Shinobu's for the third time. XD

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Reading through the manual is great, they actually took the time to give the powerups and little aspects of the game unique "West only" localizations.

Blue Sandals = Liquid Feet
Red Sandals = Quick Feet
White Bow = Ninja Arrow
Blue Bow = Flurry
Circle of Fate, Spread Shot and Triple Shot replace King, Bishop and Rook

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Got it!
Murasame in America Finally!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm halfway through Akasame Castle and I'm loving this game even more. The controls feel way more smoother compared to my old PS3 Controller and keyboard. How far did the rest of you go?

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
I just got through the first castle. This game is a lot of fun and controls nicely, but I feel like it's really niche since it's brutally difficult by modern standards.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I just got through the first castle. This game is a lot of fun and controls nicely, but I feel like it's really niche since it's brutally difficult by modern standards.
True, though most classic gaming veterans like myself wouldn't have that much trouble. Dark Souls is the closest thing to "Nintendo Hard" in modern day gaming. You just have to keep tapping the attack button soon as a shiruken hits you in order to block it and Cloak will be useful against enemies like Fire Shinobu and Spear Samurai.

I'm dealing Akasame right now and a combination between the Rook and Windmill Blades one tactic on dealing with him. You should see the guide here for more help and to find the locations of each item.

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Nazo_no_Murasame-Jou/Akasame

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
True, though most classic gaming veterans like myself wouldn't have that much trouble. Dark Souls is the closest thing to "Nintendo Hard" in modern day gaming. You just have to keep tapping the attack button soon as a shiruken hits you in order to block it and Cloak will be useful against enemies like Fire Shinobu and Spear Samurai.

I'm dealing Akasame right now and a combination between the Rook and Windmill Blades one tactic on dealing with him. You should see the guide here for more help and to find the locations of each item.

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Nazo_no_Murasame-Jou/Akasame
Yeah, I never really grew up with that stuff and only relatively recently have started getting into that type of game with stuff like the NES Zeldas and Mega Man, so I'm a bit overwhelmed at times. The thing about a good game is that if it's fun enough, you'll want to keep trying until you're good enough to beat it.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yeah, I never really grew up with that stuff and only relatively recently have started getting into that type of game with stuff like the NES Zeldas and Mega Man, so I'm a bit overwhelmed at times. The thing about a good game is that if it's fun enough, you'll want to keep trying until you're good enough to beat it.
That last part was basically my usual gaming motto, especially when it came to getting into RPG's like Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts (especially the latter due to the difficulty spikes). Here's to hoping that Nintendo has something else up their sleeve for Murasame Castle like a new game, thought finding out who the hell would develop it is the major problem. Sure there's Kamiya, but he's already busy with Scalebound and Bayonetta 2. We'll see once we know of its sales sometime this month.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So has anyone made it to the second castle yet (presumably without save states, it's only fair since I have the GBA port)?

I want to know if anyone has gotten farther than me yet. :p

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm only at the second world (with savestates. Because I'm a noob).
I'll admit though, I only real nitpick with it right now is that I can't switch directions while going in a direction (it's probably the Zelda player in me). Other than that I like it.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So has anyone made it to the second castle yet (presumably without save states, it's only fair since I have the GBA port)?

I want to know if anyone has gotten farther than me yet. :p
I'm already in Ryokusame Castle, just have to get across the entire pond section without dying once since you do need the Blue Sandals in order to make it out of the overworld safely.

RidleyDX

Smash Ace

Speaking of hype, GameXplain is already hyping up this game for all of Nintendo's fans. Watch everyone buy the game just because of GameXplain's informative video. :troll:
Yeah gamexplain ok, as you can tell by my user name I don't always agree with the things they say lol. Also I just beat the first boss but the last bomb he threw killed me as well.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'll just tell any future supporters out there, that you guys will have a stronger start due to what has happened in this day and age, and remember that if you guys get stumped over ideas just simply look into other samurai in other fighting games and learn about the varies martial arts of using a katana like laido and kenjutsu.

Meanwhile, I'll just wait for another samurai to return in another fighting game series, Baiken for Guilty Gear Xrd.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'll just tell any future supporters out there, that you guys will have a stronger start due to what has happened in this day and age, and remember that if you guys get stumped over ideas just simply look into other samurai in other fighting games and learn about the varies martial arts of using a katana like laido and kenjutsu.

Meanwhile, I'll just wait for another samurai to return in another fighting game series, Baiken for Guilty Gear Xrd.
Thanks for the wise words, Xenoblaze. I think a few of us like @ bksbestbwoy bksbestbwoy have been taking inspiration from plenty of iado fighters like Baiken in his moveset. Just watching such characters fight can easily give us plenty of ideas for the character along with a more zoning playstyle to suit his game's origins. The wait for Smash 5 will be pretty long, but it will definitely be worth it if he's having a bigger start up for the next title thanks to the localization.

Now that you've reminding me, I'm still waiting on her to be in the next Guilty Gear along with Bridget. :facepalm:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
You know, this made me think a lot of Pocky and Rocky crossing with Legend of Zelda. Still stuck on first castle though, harumph. Takamaru game too stronk.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink

I never imagined that this glorious day would come so soon. Let's get this party started.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You know, this made me think a lot of Pocky and Rocky crossing with Legend of Zelda. Still stuck on first castle though, harumph. Takamaru game too stronk.
Find the Fire Powerup and the Rook Shogi pieces. They are IF NOT the most useful combination in the game, but the most OP combination in the game you need to survive any castle or kill all bosses easily.

I'm starting up my game again to beat Ryokosame's snowy and watery hell of a castle tonight.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Any tips I should have before starting Muramase Castle?
Get a good idea of where every white pill, shogi piece (Rook, King, and Bishop), equipment (Inazuma Thunder and Invisibility Cloak) and subweapon (Fire, Windmill Blade) before you begin a level. The right subweapon and shogi piece combination might be able to make you nearly invincible in battle. Also, look out for the princesses since they might be a vengeful spirit in disguise. Lastly, tap the attack button in the direction of any ninja's shiruken to block it.

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Nazo_no_Murasame-Jou/Ryokusame

Marakatu

Smash Ace
I was watching Gamexplain's video and I saw that the kunais now travel all the way to the edge of the screen. It wasn't like that in the Japanese version, right? Or I am having a brain fart?
Perhaps they changed that to make the game easier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom