• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo's First Samurai: Takamaru for SSB4 (Final Request: Ask the US HW devs to add Takamaru)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'll certainly download it now that it's finally coming to us, when does it release?

If only we could get Panel de Pon in its original form as well.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'll certainly download it now that it's finally coming to us, when does it release?

If only we could get Panel de Pon in its original form as well.
August 7th, which is in 6 days.

By the way, The Operation Murasame Ca$ale page is complete and the first post is so well written that many people should know what it is and why it's worth the purchase. All I need is for most of the supporters on this page to start following it and spread the news of its existence so that we can really start some traction.

Without further adieu, here its is.

http://operationmurasamecasale.tumblr.com/

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I may not have believed Takamaru was going to be a character in this game, or supported him, but I believe he's dead set for newcomer in the next smash

Dj.D

Smash Apprentice
Let's hope Takamaru is truly playable in the next Smash. Though I also have this worry that he could be used as an assist trophy again, like certain characters are.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Let's hope Takamaru is truly playable in the next Smash. Though I also have this worry that he could be used as an assist trophy again, like certain characters are.
Which is why need to make sure that this game sells well in America. You can follow Operation Murasame Ca$ale and share it with your friends or any other Nintendo related page so that anyone can see why the game is truly worth a purchase. We do want this game to get the Sin & Punishment: Star Successor treatment after all and Nintendo really wants this game to do well if they had shown this off at SDCC for a great reason. I'll make sure to update the page daily and add some tips/insight on the game's objective or tell a story behind certian characters.

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
you know what, takamaru was my second most wanted newcomer, and on some days my most wanted. but at the same time i was also a silent lucina supporter cause i thought that would never happen! how wrong was I haha

i all seriousness though, now that this week is over i think i'm fine with takamaru's status as an assist for this round of smash. sure i wanted to see him playable so bad, mostly because i see nazo no murasamejou as probably the most underrated nintendo game ever and probably one of the best nes games. it's also in my top 10 best games ever made and hardcore games like dark souls are born form the difficulty murasame castle created.

also because i just really love samurai's. one of my best friends calls me a samurai because of my character and i even look like one when i put my hair in a bun. he also gave me a key chain from his visit to japan at the beginning of this year which says ''samurai'' in japanese.

all just little personal reasons why i would have loved to see takamaru in smash.

the biggest reason is just that wanted to see the franchise being revived. it's something nintendo doesn't fully have yet; japanese mythology styled games. sure it does hint to it from time to time with it's existing franchises, but i never really went full like okami did.

i mean even after the success okami had, and lets say even the success studio ghibli movies had outside of japan, it seems there is enough interest for games/products about japans history.

maybe i'm just grasping for straws now, but all i wanted to say is that even though i'm happy takamaru is in the game at all, and even in the second to best role; it just sucks that such a kick ass character like him is not playable.

it sucks cause i really wanted to see a murasame castle stage as well, and that still could except for the fact is probably won't. i always imagined it as fighting in front and on top of the murasame castle with pink cherry blossoms all over the place. and when the lighting strikes the sky becomes red and the castle pitch black, referencing the tittle screen.

i wanted to hear a remastered version of the main/overworld theme which is like one of my favorite video game tracks ever, also this could still happen but i think we're just getting a port of the nintendoland version
( which is, in no way a bad thing at all mind me not )

and most important like i said before; i just want the franchise to be revived. oh well

here's hoping for murasame castle uprising

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
you know what, takamaru was my second most wanted newcomer, and on some days my most wanted. but at the same time i was also a silent lucina supporter cause i thought that would never happen! how wrong was I haha

i all seriousness though, now that this week is over i think i'm fine with takamaru's status as an assist for this round of smash. sure i wanted to see him playable so bad, mostly because i see nazo no murasamejou as probably the most underrated nintendo game ever and probably one of the best nes games. it's also in my top 10 best games ever made and hardcore games like dark souls are born form the difficulty murasame castle created.

also because i just really love samurai's. one of my best friends calls me a samurai because of my character and i even look like one when i put my hair in a bun. he also gave me a key chain from his visit to japan at the beginning of this year which says ''samurai'' in japanese.

all just little personal reasons why i would have loved to see takamaru in smash.

the biggest reason is just that wanted to see the franchise being revived. it's something nintendo doesn't fully have yet; japanese mythology styled games. sure it does hint to it from time to time with it's existing franchises, but i never really went full like okami did.

i mean even after the success okami had, and lets say even the success studio ghibli movies had outside of japan, it seems there is enough interest for games/products about japans history.

maybe i'm just grasping for straws now, but all i wanted to say is that even though i'm happy takamaru is in the game at all, and even in the second to best role; it just sucks that such a kick *** character like him is not playable.

it sucks cause i really wanted to see a murasame castle stage as well, and that still could except for the fact is probably won't. i always imagined it as fighting in front and on top of the murasame castle with pink cherry blossoms all over the place. and when the lighting strikes the sky becomes red and the castle pitch black, referencing the tittle screen.

i wanted to hear a remastered version of the main/overworld theme which is like one of my favorite video game tracks ever, also this could still happen but i think we're just getting a port of the nintendoland version
( which is, in no way a bad thing at all mind me not )

and most important like i said before; i just want the franchise to be revived. oh well

here's hoping for murasame castle uprising
I can understand that you feel the same way we do about the issue, though waiting for the next game is the best option for now. What we could be doing now is education people on how good of a game Murasame Castle is so that they could buy it for their 3DS next week. Helping push the sales of the game for America would be a great way of helping Nintendo out and letting them know that we are ready for a Murasame Castle Uprising/Slice Out Wii. Just go to this link and reblog it on your Tumblr page or just share the link on any Nintendo related forum that you could find. This could be one of the biggest things that we Takamaru supporters could do for this month. ;)

http://operationmurasamecasale.tumblr.com/

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Woah, I sure missed some serious ****.

Guys, it's not that big a deal.
I agree that our priority should be making a fuzz about how great Mysterious Castle is, which is bound to make Nintendo happy, rather than demand Takamaru DLC and make a stubborn guy like Sakurai mad.
But if there are people who'd like to support Takamaru for DLC, it's not like they're holding Sakurai at gunpoint. The man can make his own decisions, wether the movement is considered dishonorable, shameful, or unappreciative.
To each his own.

But I agree that Takamaru's case is hard to bring forth from Assist Trophy.
If it were someone like Isaac, that's easy. He's got Felix and Matthew to take over. If any of their trophies are available, then it's a matter of model swapping them.
But Takamaru... There's no other Nintendo character to my knowledge who has that 4-Way windmill kamas that he throws. Heck, there isn't even a NEXT character in the franchise to go to if Takamaru were to become playable. That's why I don't have much faith in an AT>PC transition.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Woah, I sure missed some serious ****.

Guys, it's not that big a deal.
I agree that our priority should be making a fuzz about how great Mysterious Castle is, which is bound to make Nintendo happy, rather than demand Takamaru DLC and make a stubborn guy like Sakurai mad.
But if there are people who'd like to support Takamaru for DLC, it's not like they're holding Sakurai at gunpoint. The man can make his own decisions, wether the movement is considered dishonorable, shameful, or unappreciative.
To each his own.

But I agree that Takamaru's case is hard to bring forth from Assist Trophy.
If it were someone like Isaac, that's easy. He's got Felix and Matthew to take over. If any of their trophies are available, then it's a matter of model swapping them.
But Takamaru... There's no other Nintendo character to my knowledge who has that 4-Way windmill kamas that he throws. Heck, there isn't even a NEXT character in the franchise to go to if Takamaru were to become playable. That's why I don't have much faith in an AT>PC transition.
If you want to help, I could use some fan made art or banners to really get this movement kicking. For now, you can share the Tumblr page to any Classic Gaming or Nintendo related site so that we can get people more interested in buying the game. You can also say or send the same thing to anyone you know with a Nintendo 3DS.

Anyone else that wants to help, they can state their business and tell me what they want to help with. I'll start updating the page soon as I get 20 or so followers when things can really get some traction. Who knows, maybe this could help not only Murasame Castle but Nintendo in the long run if we can actually change many Americans' opinions on this gem.

Edit: I have a few people from Facebook backing me up for now and that's quite the accomplishment for today.

Last edited:

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Just wanted to say farewell to this thread now that Takamaru sadly got deconfirmed. Funny story was that I that monday was in Skövde for the ESA speedrunning marathon to run Mysterious Murasame Castle, which I did on Wednesday. I took this moment to give a shoutout to you guys as well, 10:25 into the video.

Feel free to watch the whole run if you want, I was overall happy with it and feel like I did a good showcase. It's hard to go into too much detail in such a short game. :)

I'll cya in a few years for the Takamaru in Smash 5 hype!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just wanted to say farewell to this thread now that Takamaru sadly got deconfirmed. Funny story was that I that monday was in Skövde for the ESA speedrunning marathon to run Mysterious Murasame Castle, which I did on Wednesday. I took this moment to give a shoutout to you guys as well, 10:25 into the video.

Feel free to watch the whole run if you want, I was overall happy with it and feel like I did a good showcase. It's hard to go into too much detail in such a short game. :)

I'll cya in a few years for the Takamaru in Smash 5 hype!
That playthrough was so beautiful that I wish that I could have the skills of such a skilled speedrunner like you. That shoutout pretty much sums up everyone's reaction to the news, though we got over it. All we can due for now is enjoy his throwing skills when we summon him in Smash and wait for the Smash 5 hype in 5 years. All that's left to do is to make sure that EVERYONE buys this game on their 3DS (America included) during the time Smash 4 has its run (hence Operation Murasame Ca$ale's existence). I've sold 25 people on the idea so far since yesterday and it feels good to make people see how much of a classic it is. ;)

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Speaking of new developments, I'm currently trying to lead a one person revolution in the Project M clone engine thread and feeling pretty good about all the people showing up adding Takamaru to their lists or generally being good sports about him.

It's still very important that those of us Takamaru supporters who haven't done so already (especially those of you who have never voted or used all your full votes) stop by the thread and leave a "+1 Takamaru" whenever possible. If you've already used your full votes, remember that half votes (+1/2 Takamaru) are unlimited and do make a difference.

I've also taken to redoing my move set one more time to better reflect both the projectile weapons Takamaru is famous for as well as the Rook, Bishop and King power ups. I'm still struggling to find a way to implement the basic throwing knives interestingly though. lol

You can see the changes in the "Takamaru for Project M" link in my sig. @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan I'd definitely appreciate your input on that.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Speaking of new developments, I'm currently trying to lead a one person revolution in the Project M clone engine thread and feeling pretty good about all the people showing up adding Takamaru to their lists or generally being good sports about him.

It's still very important that those of us Takamaru supporters who haven't done so already (especially those of you who have never voted or used all your full votes) stop by the thread and leave a "+1 Takamaru" whenever possible. If you've already used your full votes, remember that half votes (+1/2 Takamaru) are unlimited and do make a difference.

I've also taken to redoing my move set one more time to better reflect both the projectile weapons Takamaru is famous for as well as the Rook, Bishop and King power ups. I'm still struggling to find a way to implement the basic throwing knives interestingly though. lol

You can see the changes in the "Takamaru for Project M" link in my sig. @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan I'd definitely appreciate your input on that.
Great, I'll stop by and do what I can to help since I've been thinking of Project M for a while. Thanks for the reminder.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I haven't used any of my votes. How does the voting system work, exactly?
You just mention a character's name and give them a full vote (1) or a half vote (1/2). You can only make a maximum of 5 votes (half votes included) and any character with the most votes will be a higher priority character for the clone engine. That's how the overall voting system works for Project M. Just click the link under @ bksbestbwoy bksbestbwoy 's signature with Takamaru's name and you'll be there.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Hey guys.

I was coming up with some color swap ideas for Takamaru in general.

This is what I came up with:

1.- Default
2.- Rythm Heaven inspired
3-- Samurai Goroh inspired

4.- Red team
5.- Blue team, famicom colors "retro" inspired
6.- Green team, Captain Rainbow inspired

I think these would be ideal. :)

BTW, I hope everyone's heading off to the Project M Clone character suggestion thread to give our Samurai boy a FULL vote. You can also give him just half a vote, but you'll just have to live with the shame afterwards. XD
j/k

Anyway, some P:M exclusive color ideas.

This is really all we CAN do for our good Takamaru.
And, obviously, keep thanking Nintendo for bringing his game westbound. Just remember, Mother fans weren't as lucky, so let's show them some appreciation. :D

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Just wanted to post that I've finalized my Takamaru move set and finally managed to highlight his projectiles (and how his game worked in general) more in this move set. I'd love to get some feedback from @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan @Pacack and the other members of this thread who've played the game as well. As always, the link to it is in my sig (the first link).

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Well, its a shame that Takamaru is not playable, but at least he is referenced in the game and hopefully he will be a candidate for the next iteration of Smash Bros.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Therefore, the character is envisioned as a "jack of all trades" in a vein similar to Link while skewing more towards offense than the defensive Link. While his blade has noticeably less range than other sword fighters (Katanas are shorter than the European broadswords and rapiers which inspire the swords used by Link and Marth; at most he has Marth's vBrawl range), this is made up for by the speed of his attacks as well as his projectiles.

The character base for Takamaru would actually be Link. On top of providing the necessary articles to be referenced for his projectiles, the relationship between the two brother series cannot be understated. Whereas Johnny was the biggest influence on my ideas for Lyn, Baiken, another Guilty Gear character, and Kenshin Himura of the Rurouni Kenshin anime series served as the greatest inspirations for my ideas for Takamaru.

Running speed: Between Marth and PM Pit (Closer to Marth)
Wall Jump: Yes
Wall Cling: No
Tether: No
Reflector: Yes (First draw of Forward Smash)
Fall Speed: Fast
Weight Class: Lightweight
Jump heights: Average (think Fox)

Jab: Takamaru swings his sheathed sword once from left to right. Pressing jab again has him do it again from right to left. The third jab has Takamaru draw his sword, thrusting it by the hilt forward at an opponent's midsection before deftly sheathing it again.
F-Tilt: Takamaru draws his sword and swings it forward similar to the third downward dance of Marth's Dancing Slash before sheathing it again. Unlike Marth's however, this can be angled upward, straight forward or downward.
D-Tilt: Takamaru sweeps his sheathed blade forward along the ground to hit his opponent's ankle with the lowest part of the scabbard. Can be rapid fired.
U-Tilt: Takamaru flicks/draws his sword hilt out and upward near himself hitting an opponent with the butt of the blade. This launches opponents for juggles. "...I wasn't finished speaking."
F-Smash: Takamaru does a two step Battoujutsu styled draw similar in style to Himura Kenshin's final attack in the Rurouni Kenshin series. The second swing is generated with a second press of the A button.
D-Smash: Takamaru unsheathes his sword and drops on one knee stabbing the ground in front of himself. A quake is then generated in a small area on both sides of himself launching opponents upward somewhat. (Think PM Wario's down smash)
U-Smash: Takamaru does a short hop knee kick that launches upward before drawing his sword in a solid attack arc above himself then sheathing his sword before landing. This attack arc is similar to Meta Knight's Up Smash.
N-Air: Takamaru performs a single hit by Lyrics" style="text-decoration: underline !important; padding-right: 0px !important; padding-left: 0px !important; margin-right: 0px !important; margin-left: 0px !important; border: none !important; display: inline-block !important; float: none !important; font-weight: bold !important; height: auto !important; min-height: 0px !important; min-width: 0px !important; vertical-align: baseline !important; width: auto !important; text-transform: uppercase !important;">SPINNING draw slash from left to right with great force. The momentum of this draw spins Takamaru around allowing the attack to create a ring around himself. (Think of Dante's jumping heavy attack in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 or Roy's N-Air performed by Takamaru unsheathing his sword with the momentum from the draw spinning him around once before he re-sheathes the sword.)
F-Air: Takamaru draws his sword and slashes a straight horizontal arc in front of himself before quickly sheathing his sword. (Note: Moves referenced in links are not an indication of how I perceive their actual distances.) Can be used for carry combos but does not have a lot of active frames.
B-Air: Takamaru performs a somersault in the air slashing from under to behind himself in a manner similar to Baiken's H guard cancel attack from Guilty Gear.
U-Air: Takamaru sweeps his katana above his head after a draw. This is similar in nature to Baiken's Youzansen.
D-Air: (Ryu Tsui Sen) Takamaru draws his sword straight downward in a power streaking movement then re-sheathes it. The attack has a very small range and active time but is a true spike.

Neutral B: Fireballs: Takamaru can launch will-o-wisp style fireballs that travel straight forward with this move. Holding B generates a larger wisp made of multiple fireballs that moves forward in a coil motion before exploding and scattering in a cross like pattern. This is in reference to the You cannot store this charge however.

Forward B: Windmill Swords: Takamaru throws a circular projectile forward that travels like a Frisbee while creating a small circle of wind as it flies forward. Holding the B button before letting go charges this move, making Takamaru throw four of these projectiles forward in a stack while generating a larger and more intense tornado. This is in reference to the Bishop Shogi piece power up found in his game. These winds push people out while dealing damage. (Think of Link's vBrawl Gale Boomerang except it does damage as it pushes and doesn't come back to Takamaru) This attack can be angled. When thrown against the floor, the blades roll along the surface of the stage.

Down B: Throwing Knives: Takamaru pulls out a set of throwing knives holding them between his fingers when this move is performed. When pulled out, these act as a new item to be tossed with the A button or dropped with the Z button. Depending on how long the player holds the button on the initial draw, Takamaru will pull out a single knife, two knives or two sets of two knives (two knives per hand). These can either be tossed all at once (Smash toss) or one after the other (tilt toss). The knives only travel a short distance before disappearing in a poof of smoke regardless of where you throw them. Throwing them downward while in the air . This move is a direct reference to how The Mysterious Murasame's Castle gameplay worked, trading off Takamaru's adept swordplay for ranged weapons until he got close enough to deal with opponents. It also highlights the four way throwing Takamaru could employ while traversing the grid based design of his game.

Upward B: Empty Dash: After a short animation of an invisibility scroll unrolling (the unfurling scroll could do light contact damage), Takamaru slams his palm down on it and "teleports" a set distance in this state before reappearing. Holding the control stick in a given direction determines the trajectory of this move. When moving along the ground, a small cartoon-like circle shadow gives players a by Lyrics" style="text-decoration: underline !important; padding-right: 0px !important; padding-left: 0px !important; margin-right: 0px !important; margin-left: 0px !important; border: none !important; display: inline-block !important; float: none !important; font-weight: bold !important; height: auto !important; min-height: 0px !important; min-width: 0px !important; vertical-align: baseline !important; width: auto !important; text-transform: uppercase !important;">VISUAL cue to track his movement. When used in the air, after disappearing in the initial tuft of smoke, a small scattering of sakura petals help players to tell where he is as he moves through the air. (Think of Fox's Fire Fox or Smash 4 Pit's Wings of Icarus; Takamaru charges then leaps in a direction set by the control stick before becoming invisible a la Shiek's Up B)

Spot Dodge: Takamaru leans to the side hand on his hilt looking attentively at whatever just passed him by.

Air Dodge: Takamaru is wrapped into his invisibility scroll as Sakura petals show where he is headed before the cloak is cast off.

Grab: Takamaru reaches out for the opponent with one hand outstretched.
Pummel: Takamaru jabs the butt end of his katana at the character's midsection.
Forward throw: Takamaru does a turn around back kick hitting the opponent square in their jaw launching them forward.
Back throw: Takamaru performs a turn around sword draw slice after positioning himself behind the opponent's back.
Up throw: Takamaru throws an clay bomb explosive downward that launches the opponent into the air.
Down Throw: Takamaru jumps on top, stomps once (think Kirby's down throw with a single kick down) and jumps off landing on the other side of the now downed opponent.

Final Smash: Inazuma Lightning: After donning the Helmet power up (thus appearing in a state of visible intangibility), Takamaru stabs his katana into the air where it is struck by lightning. This burst of lightning is large (think Pikachu's Volt Tackle burst) and can be used three times in total while moving about in this state. During this Final Smash, the Invincibility Theme from Mysterious Murasame Castle plays in the background.

Other Animations:

Knockdown: Takamaru lands face in ground. His feet twitch every now and again similar to his damage animation from the Famicom title.
Broken Shield: Takamaru teeters in place alternating one foot with the other
Crouch: Takamaru sits seiza style with his dominant hand in drawing range of his sword.
Up Taunt: Takamaru draws his blade and swings it twice in a lightning fast manner before posing in the Famicom box art pose
Side Taunt: A small circle shadow appears in front of Takamaru who then looks down. A tanooki appears (with the SMB3 sound effect) before him and the two give each other a nod in approval before the tanooki vanishes again.
Down Taunt: Takamaru seats himself on the ground in seiza style and meditates calmly.
Love it, this moveset definitely suits the aesthetics of Project M while pertaining to the many nods of The Mysterious Murasame Castle. What really interested me the most was the specials since all of them seem to have these unique mechanics that would be very effective in battle. I can really see many hardcore Smashers enjoying his playstyle whenever there's an official Project M tournament, especially the many projectiles that he have and his many quick strikes. Lastly, having him wear the Kabuto helmet during the Final Smash is a nice touch for a samurai like him. Good job on the moveset and I'm glad that there's a growing amount of supporters for him to be in Project M.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
I think my costumes were quite good. They're based on some things from the series itself. Maybe the red costume could be a little more red than orange, and I guess the fabulous trimmings are no longer relevant, but otherwise I think they're perfect.

For reference, they're Earth Demon (Red), Aosame (Blue), Ryokusame (Green), Sword Samurai (White+Black), Ayame (Pink), Original NES Palette, and the Captain Rainbow Palette.

I do think Project M should go this route though. It would feel more authentic and more along the lines of what the Smash developers do with their costumes.

Last edited:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Haha, reading through that, I spotted a moment where I let my mind trail off without finishing the thought. The Fireball's properties when B is held for the full charge is supposed to reflect the way the Rook power up works. Also, the King shogi piece power up is for the Windmill Swords, and the knives when thrown downward can meteor (albeit lightly since a projectile meteor is nuts; dat ain't Megaman).

Last edited:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I think my costumes were quite good. They're based on some things from the series itself. Maybe the red costume could be a little more red than orange, and I guess the fabulous trimmings are no longer relevant, but otherwise I think they're perfect.

For reference, they're Earth Demon (Red), Aosame (Blue), Ryokusame (Green), Sword Samurai (White+Black), Ayame (Pink), Original NES Palette, and the Captain Rainbow Palette.

I do think Project M should go this route though. It would feel more authentic and more along the lines of what the Smash developers do with their costumes.
I'd like to see you do these but with the original Famicom box art of Takamaru.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
I was actually planning on doing them with the new high-res art but then... well, AT day happened. I'll start on them soon.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I was actually planning on doing them with the new high-res art but then... well, AT day happened. I'll start on them soon.
If you do them, I'll post them in the P:M thread and your notes on their authenticness. I pretty much agree.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
I'm not sure about the Clone Engine idea. Nintendo dislikes Project M. If he's included, Nintendo may not include him in future Smash titles because they are that stubborn.

But screw it, I voted anyway.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
If you do them, I'll post them in the P:M thread and your notes on their authenticness. I pretty much agree.
I'm also going back and making the old costumes a little more Smash friendly. I'll post both versions when I'm done.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
While I've never been an active supporter or thread participant, I decided to give Takamaru a final farewell on Miiverse. I hope this little drawing captures the character well enough.

Yeah, he's kind of angry that he didn't get in. But he's also in deep thought, contemplating his eventual entry into Smash 5/6 (or Project M).

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
All right, they're done. Here are the costumes done with SW3 Takamaru:
And here they are done with the original art:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I'm not sure about the Clone Engine idea. Nintendo dislikes Project M. If he's included, Nintendo may not include him in future Smash titles because they are that stubborn.

I feel like no matter what, Sakurai and Nintendo are going to do what they want. It's their IPs at play, not those of the PMBR.

@ ThatShadowLink ThatShadowLink , you should post those and your reasoning behind them in the CE thread.

Last edited:

Blue Fang

Smash Cadet
NNID
RedIdol82

Just something I whipped up in Photoshop for fun, the 1986 All-Stars! Thought the Takamaru thread wouldn't mind checking it out

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Just something I whipped up in Photoshop for fun, the 1986 All-Stars! Thought the Takamaru thread wouldn't mind checking it out
The right represents Super Smash Bros, the upper left represents Brawl, and the lower left represents whatever the hell they'll call the 5th Super Smash game. Either way, well done with this fun Photoshop even though it had no hidden meaning from the start.

Tomorrow's the day that Murasame Castle hits America, I highly advice EVERY ex-supporter in this thread to start buying this game tomorrow for some phenomenal sales. Who knows, maybe a Sin & Punishment situation can come out of what happens for this week.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

Sakurai likes Project M

He even took a few things from it and added them.

Welp, I voted for the PM Back Room to add Takamaru and my boy Meowth.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Come guys, tomorrow's the big day where everyone shall know the name of Takamaru. Since everyone loves the similarities between this and Zelda, people will still buy it regardless now that I've seen several people say something positive about it unlike the last time. Well, I'll do my last bit of advertising on the movement to give it that final boost before it begins. Now Nintendo, you'll definitely be impressed with the interest now thanks to Comic-Con and arguably Sakurai (some people are actually getting the game just because of his Assist Role based on what I've seen in YouTube).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'll be purchasing Takamaru's game tomorrow to show Nintendo my support for Takamaru and his future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom