• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo's First Samurai: Takamaru for SSB4 (Final Request: Ask the US HW devs to add Takamaru)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Thanks guys. Also, what's this I'm seeing about a -new- Mysterious Murasame Castle mix in the game? I think this character is going to get a playable appearance sooner more than later when I think of how he's being treated, even with his Assist Trophy status in this game. What other trophy reps of entire franchises got their own music in game again?

Marakatu

Smash Ace
Thanks guys. Also, what's this I'm seeing about a -new- Mysterious Murasame Castle mix in the game? I think this character is going to get a playable appearance sooner more than later when I think of how he's being treated, even with his Assist Trophy status in this game. What other trophy reps of entire franchises got their own music in game again?
There was a Golden Sun track in Brawl, but Isaac is nowhere to be seen in Sm4sh... :(

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
http://www.twitch.tv/gema_yue/b/567742352?t=1h57m12s

Gema at least played the full soundtrack, but clearly listened to the songs he wanted to listen to fully (*cough* *cough* Mario *cough*). At 1:57:12 of the video, he only plays a snippet of it.
Here it is.

Last edited:

Marakatu

Smash Ace
About the new remix, I like it. You know, when I first heard the Brawl remix of Shin Onigashima, I hated it. I had nothing to do with the atmosphere of the original game. Now I like it, because it's a great track by itself.
Whenever I hear the new remix of the Ground Theme of The Mysterious Murasame Castle, I'll just imagine that Takamaru is fighting ninjas in New Orleans.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I think I had to laugh at his performance when slashing. Him slashing looks... retro. Like, he repeats the same motion the same way so fast that it's funny.

I think the guys had fun giving us this impression that he's still "stiff" from his 8-bit outings. (Still wish he had his fireballs though)

Otherwise, he performs just dignifiedly. And is blazing fast!

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
I was already starting to be a little nervous about not seeing Takamaru in any of the gameplay we've had, thinking he might be Wii U exclusive. But thank god he's in the 3DS as well, looks awesome! I hope they keep his Japanese voice in the international versions of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom