• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo's First Samurai: Takamaru for SSB4 (Final Request: Ask the US HW devs to add Takamaru)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Well damn, now I can't help but hype the next Nintendo Direct. :drflip:

Last edited:

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
You know, looking back at the Mii Swordfighter's netural special attack, one of them is a ninja shrunken. And what other swordsman can throw shrunken? Takamaru.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Time for a sequel, that dated game did not grab as much attention as a new one would warrant!
Even if the Nintendo Land version looked better, I think he still would be a very enjoyable character to play as.

Does he have a female counterpart to boost his chances? :p

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You know, looking back at the Mii Swordfighter's netural special attack, one of them is a ninja shrunken. And what other swordsman can throw shrunken? Takamaru.
Again, that was a Mii dressed as Takamaru and not the real Takamaru. In his game of origin, he throws kunai knives instead. :p

Last edited:

Reila

Yeah, I mentioned this when Samurai showed the picture with the shuriken. Some people think it could be based on Greninja's Water Shuriken, but I doubt that is the case. Either way, it probably doesn't mean much for Takamaru's chances. :p

Last edited:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
As one of the oldest of all Takamaru supporters, all I have to say is that I respect Nintendo even more than usual for giving such a game like Murasame Castle public attention. They not only said that the game was getting a Western release, but publicly announced his name during a Smash event at Comic-Con? Quite the major surprise indeed.
He was in my top three supported characters (right next to Megaman and Lyn) in the pre-Brawl days after finding out about him. I do hope that this is leading to his time. I will be there buying the game on VC from moment one on Takamaru Thursday™.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Time for a sequel, that dated game did not grab as much attention as a new one would warrant!
Even if the Nintendo Land version looked better, I think he still would be a very enjoyable character to play as.

Does he have a female counterpart to boost his chances? :p
In my opinion, Nazo no Murasame jo has actually aged better than the original Legend of Zelda. That should tell you something, especially considering that the original Legend of Zelda is my third favorite NES game.

That said, I fully support a sequel/remake.

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
In my opinion, Nazo no Murasame jo has actually aged better than the original Legend of Zelda. That should tell you something, especially considering that the original Legend of Zelda is my third favorite NES game.

I can see a Murasame Castle "Uprising" in the future :p Do it Sakurai!

Fantastic News to hear that the game is finally coming to America!

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I wonder how many of our current guests will become supporters by the end of the day. :D

Itty Bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Itty Bit♪
3DS FC
2878-9679-6999
So the direct is on August... at the same day as the release date of Murasame Castle...
Hrgh... I don't like to admit it, as it's gonna bury what little hopes I had left of Lip making it in, but it looks like you guys might have this in the bag. not that I should be jumping to conclusions or anything.
But nonetheless, here's to hoping Takamaru makes it in along with his game coming to virtual console. I know I'll be giving it a try either way~ ^^

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

I'm with ya, pal. The haters are following her like pesky ninjas rats to rub it in our faces or rain on our parade. If they don't like it, they can make like a tree and bark up another one if they please. :smirk:

So the direct is on August... at the same day as the release date of Murasame Castle...
Hrgh... I don't like to admit it, as it's gonna bury what little hopes I had left of Lip making it in, but it looks like you guys might have this in the bag. not that I should be jumping to conclusions or anything.
But nonetheless, here's to hoping Takamaru makes it in along with his game coming to virtual console. I know I'll be giving it a try either way~ ^^
Thanks for the support, and this is coming from someone who supports both Taka and Lip. ;)

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
So you Americans are finally getting the game too? Well, congrats.
Again, that was a Mii dressed as Takamaru and not the real Takamaru. In his game of origin, he throws kunai knives instead. :p
Actually, he doesn't throw kunai. He throws knives. The regular kind.

Kunai might work as an alternative, though, since Sakurai doesn't want knives in Smash.

Last edited:

Reila

I just checked the supporter list and around 50 people became supporters since February (when I registered here and became one). I didn't expect almost 100 supporters for an obscure character like Takamaru. That is kinda nice.
Wait, when was the date for the Nintendo Direct confirmed?

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Well, here's hoping for a Captain Rainbow reunion someday.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I just checked the supporter list and around 50 people became supporters since February (when I registered here and became one). I didn't expect almost 100 supporters for an obscure character like Takamaru. That is kinda nice.

Wait, when was the date for the Nintendo Direct confirmed?
That was quite the surprise to considering that Habanero barely updates topics like this. Though it could contribute to the fact that some people actually played Samurai Warriors 3 or Nintendo Land first as opposed to playing a ROM of Murasame Castle. But things are going all the way around now that everyone can enjoy the original game legally without having to do so.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
There's a direct in August?

Also, don't be down. I'll be popping into the Lip thread soonish to show more support. Takamaru, Lip and Mike Jones are the last holy grails I have before I feel completely fulfilled in a Smash game roster. (Inkling has my early top level support for Smash 5/Smash DLC though).

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
That was quite the surprise to considering that Habanero barely updates topics like this. Though it could contribute to the fact that some people actually played Samurai Warriors 3 or Nintendo Land first as opposed to playing a ROM of Murasame Castle. But things are going all the way around now that everyone can enjoy the original game legally without having to do so.
I feel a bit glad now for volunteering the new OP write up as well as pushing the move set in the Project M thread. Any visibility is good visibility especially when I know I try hard not to be too enthusiastic or force things on people. :p

Edit: Speaking of which @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan look what gif just started to work after all this time:

If you'd like to replace the Kenshin image with this gif, that'd be awesome. Also, the image that's currently right above the "Supporters" header should be right under it. The idea is that it's a group shot of all our boy's friends and thus supporters put together. :p

Last edited:

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
This news is very exciting! Can you sign me up as a supporter? Hopefully Takamaru doesn't forget to bring :lucas:with him when he comes over.

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
So Takamaru's game is finally getting a VC release in the US? I'm liking where this is going. I really hope this means he'll make it into Smash! :3

Seen that you guys are talking about a supporter's list, I definitely support Takamaru so count me in! I want on the list!

Now that I think about it because I'm somewhat new here I'm not on any supporter lists for any of my wanted newcomers. I need to fix this soon.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
You mean the announcement? Here it is:

This is the European launch trailer. We'll have to wait a bit for someone to take the segment out of the Twitch stream archive as well as the Treehouse introduction of the game.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm back, everyone! Takamaru's been one of my most-wanted, but after Greninja's reveal I lost quite a bit of hope (and finished Xenoblade and had to funnel all my newcomer frenzy into Shulk.)

Some interesting developments today, and I'm glad people over here will finally get to play his game. I still find it odd we don't have a Retro rep, and sure hope Sakurai sees that Takamaru is a prime choice, even if Greninja took his shurikens. (Honestly Kunai would be more interesting anyway.)

Reila

This is the European launch trailer. We'll have to wait a bit for someone to take the segment out of the Twitch stream archive as well as the Treehouse introduction of the game.
Really? Sorry then :p I took the video from the thread about the announcement on NeoGAF.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I don't see what the big deal is.

Swords are just big knives.
He doesn't want any realistic weapons in Smash if they're commonly found around the house if he can help it. It's one of his philosophies. He doesn't want kids pretending to be their favorite smash character with a real weapon and hurting themselves.

Well, it looks like I'm late. Is there a link so I can watch what happenned?

Also, this is a great day to rate Takamaru's chances. :b:
Here at 2:30:40.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The best part is that even if he doesn't make it intially (which now is looking more and more likely), he's going to be a prime choice for DLC, assuming they do DLC and he doesn't have some other role in the game that's major.

Still, I'm hyped. (And...sort of feel like a poser for not visiting much at all since April and coming back like this. Forgive me, but I tend to stay away if I think I'll get my hopes up and get disappointed. I've loved Takamaru all along, though! :happysheep:)

Reila

The best part is that even if he doesn't make it intially (which now is looking more and more likely), he's going to be a prime choice for DLC, assuming they do DLC and he doesn't have some other role in the game that's major.

Still, I'm hyped. (And...sort of feel like a poser for not visiting much at all since April and coming back like this. Forgive me, but I tend to stay away if I think I'll get my hopes up and get disappointed. I've loved Takamaru all along, though! :happysheep:)
I know that feel. I am staying away even from Ridley's thread to try to avoid any massive disappointments. :i6rkW:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Are they teasing Takamaru?
EDIT: Wrong Thread this was meant for the SDCC thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom