• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo's First Samurai: Takamaru for SSB4 (Final Request: Ask the US HW devs to add Takamaru)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Finish playing :p saw potential for a stage.
View attachment 19503

A screen like this is in pretty much every world and is somehow recognizable, just add murasame castle on the background and there you go.
I've just had the same though when I've went through that part of the game 15 times (due to obvious game overs), perfect for a 3DS exclusive stage.

8-bit on 3DS
HD on Wii U
That ought to add even more variety between both versions, so I agree with this notion. Murasame Castle in the Wii U version and Akasame Cliffs in the 3DS version.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
ICs got icicle mountain, Pit got skyworld.
Im sure takamaru is going to have an HD stage, retros are known for being reimagined for modern days, and i have the feeling that is going to be the same stage for both versions.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I don't see why they would go to all the trouble of making a realistic stage for both games to be honest.

One, yes, because he too will be modernized, but it will give more variety to make 2 different stages, and making an 8-bit stage will be easier than remaking a realistic stage into stereoscopic 3D. I know they did it for Megaman and Litle Mac, but Mac only really has one location (although I think they could have done a scrolling stage based on the running sequence with Doc Louis riding across on a bike), so having it look different is odd, and Sakurai clearly loves the Yellow Devil... unless we get a boss fight on the realistic stage I don't see what reason they'd have to make it more complicated for themselves especially when it would look better to the average member of the public to make two different stages.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
I don't see why they would go to all the trouble of making a realistic stage for both games to be honest.

One, yes, because he too will be modernized, but it will give more variety to make 2 different stages, and making an 8-bit stage will be easier than remaking a realistic stage into stereoscopic 3D. I know they did it for Megaman and Litle Mac, but Mac only really has one location (although I think they could have done a scrolling stage based on the running sequence with Doc Louis riding across on a bike), so having it look different is odd, and Sakurai clearly loves the Yellow Devil... unless we get a boss fight on the realistic stage I don't see what reason they'd have to make it more complicated for themselves especially when it would look better to the average member of the public to make two different stages.
They could also made a "robot masters capsule" stage on 8bit or something like that.
Thing is we dont really know what determinates a stage getting in both versions, and i doubt is "because is easier to make".

My assumption is because they want certain situations to be global in both games, "yellow devil" the standard boss of the games, "the ring" as an standard neutral stage, and "murasame castle" as an stage full of ninjas :p

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

They could also made a "robot masters capsule" stage on 8bit or something like that.
Thing is we dont really know what determinates a stage getting in both versions, and i doubt is "because is easier to make".

My assumption is because they want certain situations to be global in both games, "yellow devil" the standard boss of the games, "the ring" as an standard neutral stage, and "murasame castle" as an stage full of ninjas :p
The fact that Sakurai felt the need to make this abomination appear in both versions and that he appears WAY too frequently on both stages shows that he has a serious hardon for him. Here's to hoping that the team actually tones down his appearances to make me hate him even less.

On the subject of both stages being done, another reason why I think they could do two different stages is because you don't see anything from Uprising being reused for the Wii U version in terms of content. Despite the stage having an Uprising flair, it's more of a love letter to the first Kid Icarus due to the layout requiring that platforming during your fights.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
Hey all, my alerts for this thread have been broken, so I've just been catching up now.

For the music part in the OP, can we include the Douchuumen remix from Samurai Warriors 3? It's probably my favourite rendition of the theme to date.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tdVkYtWf4k
(also, yes, I did upload this video :p)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey all, my alerts for this thread have been broken, so I've just been catching up now.

For the music part in the OP, can we include the Douchuumen remix from Samurai Warriors 3? It's probably my favourite rendition of the theme to date.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tdVkYtWf4k
(also, yes, I did upload this video :p)
Sure thing, I'll add that too since I loved how mellow the remix is.

Hong

The Strongest
THE MYSTERIOUS MURASAME CASTLE IS COMING TO US AUGUST 7TH!!! THEY MENTIONED TAKAMARU!
:D I can't wait. Been a few years since I've played this game, which is a few years too long IMO.

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
Holy crap. We're finally getting this game.

Also, the guy on the stream is actually doing pretty well.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
THE MYSTERIOUS MURASAME CASTLE IS COMING TO US AUGUST 7TH!!! THEY MENTIONED TAKAMARU!
Really? Well that's interesting.

Can't help but wonder what that means for Takamaru's chances...

bentendo222

Smash Apprentice
I supported Takamaru since the beginning, but when Greninja was revealed, I started to think he probably won't be in. And now Nintendo is releasing his game on VC soon, which means he still has a shot!

Dj.D

Smash Apprentice
Takamaru's game is played live at San Diego comic con now. Maybe his chances of being a character in the next smash have increased a lot now?

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
I can finally play Murasame! :chuckle: Could it possible they're hyping up his possible reveal...?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Wow, not only is TMMC coming to the US, but they went out of their way to mention Takamaru...

If that isn't setting up for revealing Takamaru, I don't know what is.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Well, finally decided to step in here to see how you guys are reacting to this revelation and...
...well, looks like it didn't explode as greatly as I imagined you would, but it looks like you still exploded regardless. In a good way of course :)

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, finally decided to step in here to see how you guys are reacting to this revelation and...
...well, looks like it didn't explode as greatly as I imagined you would, but it looks like you still exploded regardless. In a good way of course :)
I hope you weren't expecting it to explode like the Shulk or Robin threads.

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
We'll have a real explosion after he's announced.

If you know what I mean...

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
There aren't as many active members here as the other big threads, so we aren't exploding quite as much as we were before.

But this is huge. First time this game is being released in the US. Ever. HYPE.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Looks like I got beaten to the punch but YES MOTHER****ING TAKA TIME.

August 7th, lessgoooooooo

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
This is as close to Raiden as I'll get in Smash Bros, so I guess I'm supporting Takamaru after the sudden reveal of a translated release of Masomayonnaise Castle in the US.

I mean, why exactly would they want to do that?

Perhaps to prevent the "Marth Debuted in Smash BRos" issue?

Hmmmmmm?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Having Takamaru confirmed for Smash in the August Nintendo Direct would be such a nice surprise. I am totally buying the game, by the way.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
As one of the oldest of all Takamaru supporters, all I have to say is that I respect Nintendo even more than usual for giving such a game like Murasame Castle public attention. They not only said that the game was getting a Western release, but publicly announced his name during a Smash event at Comic-Con? Quite the major surprise indeed.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The special surprise was a US release date for a virtual console game that's not Smash Bros.

Did not disappoint.

#Hype

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
Yeah, I figured there wouldn't be a character reveal during Comic-Con. It just seemed too low-key. They usually publicise these things days in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom