• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Announces Splatoon At Apex 2015!

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
Well someone already said something very interesting:

Splatoon + a simple trailer, no matter how awesome it is, doesn't seem booth-worthy........
Yeah, Nintendo wouldn't make a whole booth at APEX just for that. Either they just give away free New 3DS' or give away Shirts or Games, I dunno... But what I know is that I'm not gonna be there and I'm gonna be sad watching it on twitch lol :D

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750
As much as I am excited for Splatoon, APEX is a fighting game tournament. We should be getting a Mewtwo reveal trailer along with having him playable there.
I don't know... I'm kinda smelling a Mewtwo showing up
(the second twitter post...)

Last edited:

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Honestly watching Splatoon Tournaments could turn really hype
Specially if the stream highlights where the action is through the member's screens.

But 8 capture cards + wiius though

BluHawk007

Smash Rookie
Honestly watching Splatoon Tournaments could turn really hype
Specially if the stream highlights where the action is through the member's screens.

But 8 capture cards + wiius though
Hopefully there is a spectator mode of some kind. It'd be really neat to see the map on streams.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Hopefully there is a spectator mode of some kind. It'd be really neat to see the map on streams.
I think there will be, I noticed a few things even GameXplain didn't (I left a comment on their latest analysis), including the possibility of a similar feature available in the Plaza.

SmashF13ND

Smash Rookie
I'm hoping to hear about the release of mewtwo or even a mewtwo joins the battle trailer for smash4

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Better than PM, this is a real game made my a game company, nice.

Also kappa thing

Last edited:

Pabmyster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pabmyster
I thought the blizzard warnings were vastly incorrect? Like, WAY off. That's what I just read on the NJ weather site... as in minor flurries to no snow at all.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
So looking forward to this game. Happy it's rolling out in May right after I'm done with this semester. I would hope people who do play these fighting games attending these huge tournaments and compete aren't oblivious to the other great games considering I've noticed and spoke to people who just have no interest in anything but... Well, Smash Bros (or any game they consider themselves competitive). To each their own.

I know if I went to APEX, it'd be a great distraction and I'd probably just go to play Splatoon than compete, myself.

Though.. I would have love to see Mewtwo gameplay shown... And who knows, it might still happen.

D

Deleted member

"keep your eyes peeled"
MEWTWO! MEWTU! MYUUTSU! MYUUTU! MEW2! MYU2! AAAAAAAHHHHHGGGRRRAAAHHHH MEWTWO JOINS THE BATTLE! WHOO! MEWTWO PSYCHO BREAKS THE COMPETITION! WOOO!

I just had to let that out, sorry.

Pokken winds up getting revealed instead of Mewtwo*
Please no...

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Couldn't care less, honestly.
Seems like a worse version of Freedom Fighters multiplayer, sort of.

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
You wanna know what would be intense?

Mewtwo now available for free download.
Mewtwo revealed as a playable character in Pokken Tournament
Pokken Tournament now available to download for free on Nintendo eShop!
Diddy Kong Nerf Update is now available to download!

bound_for_earth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theflaminglefty
i wish it was a mewtwo dlc reveal not splatoon i dont know if im exited or not about splatoon period.

ck2399

Smash Rookie
Man, I have no idea what to think of this game but it still sounds promising!

blur128

Smash Rookie
This game looks interesting based on the trailer. I hope this is something that people end up liking. I get the feeling this game will be fun given that it has online play and that the online play is not laggy. i have a strong feeling this game will have a select crowd and the quickly die off with no one playing online. I hope I'm wrong though. This looks fun.

Top Bottom