• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Announces Splatoon At Apex 2015!

Deidd

Smash Rookie
NNID
Deiddmage
3DS FC
3711-8869-5675
AYYYYYY Mad hype for this

D

Deleted member

Can't wait for Weeaboo Loli Squid Paintball FPS to make it's debut.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Now, the only question is whether or not Splatoon will even be competitively viable.

Considering how popular he is, I'd be surprised NOT to see Mewtwo in Pokken, but I'd also be surprised to see him announced before he is released for Smash 4.
I wouldn't be surprised if Mewtwo is announced for Pokken before Smash. Both are different games.

Also, I just realized how much more hype for Mewtwo would be created. Smash and Pokken could benefit from each other.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I wouldn't be surprised if Mewtwo is announced for Pokken before Smash. Both are different games.

Also, I just realized how much more hype for Mewtwo would be created. Smash and Pokken could benefit from each other.
I think it'd be smarter to just tease him at Apex, rather than a full reveal, to keep the hype train rolling.

Last edited:
I think it'd be smarter to just tease him at Apex, rather than a full reveal, to keep the hype train rolling.
How much more can they possibly tease an already revealed Smash character though? Screenshots? A short cinematic part of a larger trailer? It's all or nothing if you ask me.

EDIT: I gotta stop double posting. I'll wait a bit longer before my next post.

Last edited:
I was speaking of Pokken.......

For Smash, I agree for the "Mewtwo Strikes Back" trailer.
Oh, of course. I say all or nothing for Pokken too. Mewtwo has a legacy in Smash. When it comes to other games, a normal reveal is fine.

Last edited:

Aelo

Smash Rookie
Splatoon seems like the best alternative of a competitve Nintendo game this time around. Plus, it looks like an amazing shooter overall. I'm always happy to see Nintendo focusing on hardcore gamers too, while at the same time creating friendly games available for everyone to play. I'm definetely expecting more and more improvements from Nintendo in the future. They definetely have the potential to push competitve games far from extremely violence/complexity.

If there's another announcement, I hope it is the official reveal of Pokkén Tournament in the west + Wii U announcement (one can dream)

Or Mewtwo. I'd be happy with any of those, to be honest.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
SPLATOON! Can't say I'm not surprised, *guy hands me stack of money* I had a feeling they would bring Splatoon, after all its a fighting game, and I expect to see it as an official Apex 2016 tournament. As for the announcement, crossing fingers for Wolf.( Didn't JC supposedly almost drop a leak about Wolf or Falco way back in July?)
Anyway, get hyped, with this song.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Splatoon and PKMN are teeeechnically fighting games in their own sense. PKMN being a turn-based strategy fighting game. I mean, you really cannot say the part of the game featured at APEX is not a fighting game. It's Pokemon BATTLING for goodness sake. Sure it's not a traditional fighter, but it's still a fighter in it's own sense.

Splatoon is also a combat based game, (or a paint the sh*t out of everything game i think i don fuggin know).
It's got guns n junk in it, so there must be some element of combat in there, so it's existence at APEX is also reasonable.
_
Also,

eep
Technically that can be considered in a very liberal sense as having fighting game qualities but, no, I wouldn't label them as fighting games and labeling them as such I s very misleading. That's just splitting hairs and makes everything confusing. It's like saying Wii Fit is a fighting game cause your fighting your own flabbiness.

As well, I'm pretty sure that the poster was referencing traditional fighting games which, arguably, Smash is apart of.

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
That's cool, I personally have zero interest in Splatoon but I approve of Nintendo bringing it to Apex for people to try it out because they're pretty much doing what all the fighting game devs do in events like PAX and EVO, that and I get the feeling they want Splatoon to reach a competetive level so that it may appear in future APEX events.

That said I hope they do this for Pokken Tournament next year.

NotaSkeleton

Smash Cadet
I actually hope this game gets a thriving competitive scene. It looks like it lends itself pretty well to competitive play, but, I don't know. I've never played it.
Either way, I'm not sure if Nintendo really care about that at all and are just using Apex to market their new game or if they genuinely believe in this game being played competitively. I guess we'll see further down the year.

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
I have a feeling this isn't the only thing... THEY WOULDN'T HAVE A NINTENDO BOOTH FOR SPLATOON... AT APEX??? THAT IS UNUSUAL EH? EH?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm not getting Splatoon to play it competitively.
I'm getting it to play just for fun.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Er... sorry. I just got to excited and overhyped XD. Well, at least at APEX we have Splatoon and a suprise announcement.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Plot Twist: It's playable in Apex because they plan to announce the Inklings as DLC characters.
I actually wouldn't mind that. At all. I already play around with Mii Gunner, so some unique mechanics on top of that general playstyle? I'm good with that.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Also, if the surprise announcement is just Mewtwo's trailer... That would actually be really disappointing. Even if the trailer's cool, etc., it would just be telling us something we already know.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Also, if the surprise announcement is just Mewtwo's trailer... That would actually be really disappointing. Even if the trailer's cool, etc., it would just be telling us something we already know.
Well someone already said something very interesting:
I have a feeling this isn't the only thing... THEY WOULDN'T HAVE A NINTENDO BOOTH FOR SPLATOON... AT APEX??? THAT IS UNUSUAL EH? EH?
Splatoon + a simple trailer, no matter how awesome it is, doesn't seem booth-worthy........

Top Bottom