• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Announces Splatoon At Apex 2015!

WobbleKopter

Smash Rookie
From what i have seen so far from splatoon, it looks like it has some techniques just begging to be be abused (in a good way.) I can see the meta game developing into something really competitive, and I'm super hyped to see it at Apex.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Wait, what? Is Nintendo aware that this is a fighting game tournament?
Holy hell. If you don't see why Nintendo would want to create PR and hype for a competitive game at a competitive game tournament by narrowing it to being about fighting games, you're missing the mark completely.

THE HYPE THE HYPE THE HYPE
H
E

H
Y
P
E

Last edited:

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Super excited. I had predicted this or Pokken Fighters... so glad I got one of the two. As far as other announcements... who knows. Can't wait!!!

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
They're bringing the Splatoon demo to Apex? That's actually really awesome. Anyone who's going, make sure to tell us all about it.

As for that other announcement they're hinting at...they wouldn't drop the Mewtwo trailer there, would they? Or could it be something like a Pokken character reveal?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
As for that other announcement they're hinting at...they wouldn't drop the Mewtwo trailer there, would they? Or could it be something like a Pokken character reveal?
How 'bout both? Announcing Pokken during the more hardcore and traditional fighters tourneys (like MK and USF4) and Mewtwo DLC in the Smash tourneys.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Wait, what? Is Nintendo aware that this is a fighting game tournament?
Then why is Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire also present?
pokemon is at apex its not a fighting game
Splatoon and PKMN are teeeechnically fighting games in their own sense. PKMN being a turn-based strategy fighting game. I mean, you really cannot say the part of the game featured at APEX is not a fighting game. It's Pokemon BATTLING for goodness sake. Sure it's not a traditional fighter, but it's still a fighter in it's own sense.

Splatoon is also a combat based game, (or a paint the sh*t out of everything game i think i don fuggin know).
It's got guns n junk in it, so there must be some element of combat in there, so it's existence at APEX is also reasonable.
_
Also,

eep

Last edited:
Splatoon and PKMN are teeeechnically fighting games in their own sense. PKMN being a turn-based strategy fighting game. I mean, you really cannot say the part of the game featured at APEX is not a fighting game. It's Pokemon BATTLING for goodness sake. Sure it's not a traditional fighter, but it's still a fighter in it's own sense.

Splatoon is also a combat based game, (or a paint the sh*t out of everything game i think i don fuggin know).
It's got guns n junk in it, so there must be some element of combat in there, so it's existence at APEX is also reasonable.
_
Also,

eep
Now that's REEEEEALLY pushing it. :laugh:

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
I honestly hope this is a one time thing. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for Nintendo to sponsor tournaments for their games, but I think Smash should be the focus until Splatoon is released and we even SEE a competitive community rise up. Pokken Tournament however, should go to APEX for sure. I just want the focus to remain on fighting games and Nintendo not to overdo it with Splatoon or any other future games.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Just incase you don't know, the Smash Bros facebook said something about this too!

SPLATOON DLC?! MELEE HD?! I DON'T EVEN KNOW ANYMORE!

Last edited:
Just incase you don't know, the Smash Bros twitter shared this too

SPLATOON DLC?!
Or because it's at a mainly-Smash tournament. Plus that ain't even Twitter. :rolleyes:

Just kidding. Maybe there will be Smash news too, and Nintendo is using social media to start speculation. The most I expect is Mewtwo.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Or because it's at a mainly-Smash tournament. Plus that ain't even Twitter. :rolleyes:

Just kidding. Maybe there will be Smash news too, and Nintendo is using social media to start speculation. The most I expect is Mewtwo.
I edited the post

link2702

Smash Champion
is it just me or does the squid girl from splatoon in that image look a tad more.....idk...eviler than usual?
Its those teeth....look like they belong to a vampire.

is it just me or does the squid girl from splatoon in that image look a tad more.....idk...eviler than usual?
Its those teeth....look like they belong to a vampire.
It's a design they're going for. Squid-like teeth, hair, eyes....

I like it.

Top Bottom