• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NFL Thread

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I'd give GB the advantage after a close game at home for the Vikings, but I think it depends on the weather. The Vikings are a dometeam, but I think they're better-built for handling bad weather., so it'll be close again.

M@v

Subarashii!
Vikings were playing the game of their lives and Aaron Rodgers was playing one of the worst games of his career. Won't happen 2 years in a row.

:phone:
A-Rods stats for the game:
365 yards and four touchdowns

That's a bad game alright.

You know what depresses me about the Steelers season the most? That Big Ben turned into Tony Romo the last 2 relevant games of the year.

Landry

Smash Ace
Green Bay is a 7.5 point favorite. I'd take the Vikings to cover for sure.

Jem.

Smash Master
8-8 sure does feel like 3-13 in pittsburgh, sheesh lol.

Some teams would be like **** YEAH 8-8
When you get rings, The fans expect to keep getting them. 9-7 felt like 15-1 for the Giants last year. 9-7 this year feels like 2-14.

11-5 feels like 14-2 for me as a Seattle fan, since this is only the 3rd time in franchise history we've finished with more than 10 wins.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Here's what I ended up with for my first playoff round:

QB: Peyton Manning (Bye)
RBs: Adrian Peterson (vs. GB), Arian Foster (vs. CIN)
WRs: Demaryius Thomas (Bye), Randall Cobb (vs. MIN)
TE: Rob Gronkowski (Bye)
K: Matt Bryant (Bye)
Def/ST: Denver (Bye)

I figure Denver will go far, hence the buildup there. The Gronk was a shoe-in, especially with a bye so he'll get x2 next week. Picked AP because he's AP regardless of who wins that game, but I figure GB will win so I picked Cobb. Thomas is in because of Denver and I don't see a better option for a team that may go far. Got Arian Foster because I didn't want to choose between Marshawn Lynch and Alfred Morris and end up with no x2 next week...if Texans can't win against the Bengals....

Still kinda stuck on a kicker. I'd pick Matt Prater but I have enough Broncos on the roster and wanted to balance out the NFC/AFC contingents. I'm more or less taking the Packers as my NFC Championship Fantasy option, but Mason Crosby...ew. >_>

Edit: My strategy is to use multipliers and good matchups, and not just the latter. So I'm picking Foster because I'm picking Texans to win and while I think they'd lose to the Pats again, it's a decent matchup for a x2 multiplier (whereas the Pats love to split carries on their backs). Bryant's there for the sake of hoping the Falcons' offense is still potent.

Jem.

Smash Master
Arian Foster is probably gonna get shut down vs the Bengals tbh

Bengals have a really good D and everyone in the NFL knows the formula to beat the Texans: Make Matt Schaub beat you.

I personally think the Texans are gonna finish one of the great NFL collapses going from 1st seed to 3rd seed to eliminated in a 3 week span. Bengals have a real good matchup on them.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
I can't see that defense shutting down Arian Foster to the point of the game being on Schaub's shoulders... Bengals haven't faced a good run game in like forever. Last time they faced a top-10 run team was KC several weeks ago, which may only be a top-10 run team now because of Jamaal Charles running loose the past few weeks.

Yeah the Texans have been slow lately, but they essentially mulligan'd the Vikings game after Foster came out, and then the Colts were just high on emotion it seemed. I can't see them screwing up against the Bengals.

Peeze

Smash Master
I hate doubting my team, but i really don't see Ponder playing two good games in a row.

Especially not in Lambeau. But yeah i hope i'm wrong

Jem.

Smash Master
Lol Redskins just brought the bad mojo.. Calling Richard Sherman a cheater publicly? Why would you even do that to give someone on the other team motivation..

Jem.

Smash Master
I can't ever recall someone publicly calling someone you're playing in the post-season a cheater when you don't know if he did it or not lol.. I've never seen a reason to trash talk pre-game and give the other team something to juice them up even more for the game. Just like Tom Brady only got the "uMad bro" from Richard Sherman because Brady was talking smack in the game, but because he's Brady everyone wants to act like Sherman did it randomly lol. Like, if someone called Ray Lewis a murderer before a game.. You know that'd jack Ray Lewis up since he believes he's innocent. Just like I didn't see a reason for Sherman to do the Optimus Prime thing for Megatron.. Yeah Megatron was shut down hard that game, but I still never saw a purpose to do it.

Also, the highest ranked defense the Redskins beat was.. wait for it.. 14th ranked. Seattle's D won't be nearly as humiliating as the Cowboys was giving up 275 yards rushing, and RW and the offense will do enough to win. Yeah, I'll give the Redskins D coordinator some props, he's good at confusing people. People said the same thing about Belichick and other tough D's Seattle played this year.. I have never seen Russell Wilson confused once yet this year. He's thrown a couple stupid passes trying to force, but who doesn't :p. But confused? Haven't seen that yet from the kid yet

I guess my predictions before the playoffs start tomorrow.

Texans finish one of the great NFL collapses.. Bengals - 21 Texans - 20
Aaron Rodgers defends home despite another good AP day. Packers - 27 Vikings - 21
Ray Lewis comes back and the Ravens win an emotional game. Ravens - 20 Colts - 17
RW continues to beat the odds and beat the guy he's most compared to. Seahawks - 24 Redskins - 20

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Some people like talking. Some people don't. Some like listening to themselves talk. Others could care less. Some get motivated by calling others out, of which they're not going to care if it's legitimate or not.

M@v

Subarashii!
I would pick my playoff bracket, but most of these games are too close to call X_X

I will call green bay > minnesota especially since ponder's out, and seahawks > redskins.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Hoooo boy. AP got stopped big time. Still got 99 yards though. Feel like Morris or Lynch will get more, but oh well. Glad I swapped Cobb out for Jennings at the last minute, got decent points out of him.

Reizilla

Joe Webb sucks.

I'm glad the Texans proved they can still play. I expect a much better game than the last time they went to Foxborough.

Jem.

Smash Master
Wowww both six seeds were so terrible, neither game was rather enjoyable if you werent a fan of the teams

-6 passing yards at halftime for the Bengals, 6 passing yards for the Vikings at halftime.. AND ANDY DALTON MISSING AN OPEN AJ GREEN FOR A TOUCHDOWN FOR POTENTIALLY A CHANCE TO WIN IF YOU HOLD ON?! YOU GOTTA MAKE THOSE PLAYS IN THE POST-SEASON

And Webb.. "You know whats better than getting sacked? Nearly coughing up a pick six while about to get sacked.. Twice" WTF JUST TAKE THE SACK LMAO I thought it was gonna happen twice

Let's effing gooooo Seahawks :D

Reizilla

Colts time! :D

Bruce Arians is apparently in thehospital right now. Does that give us enough emotional charge to cancel out Ray Lewis' retirement?

Reizilla

I slept through the first three quarters and this is gay. Andrew Luck time, please? :(

Top Bottom