• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NFL Thread

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
I don't even see the old football thread in the Pool Room anymore.

Start it back up folks, the lockout ended forever ago.

Who's having wings on Week 1?

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Mmmmm.....wings...

I'm more than likely going to have a pepperoni pizza week 1.

I'm looking forward to the season, especially now since the Lions are a team that actually has potential to contend for a playoff spot. It's been a long time since I've been hyped for Lions football.

However, I'm always hyped for the NFL because it's such an awsome game. I'm predicting a Packers vs. Ravens Superbowl this year. The Packers defense and offense are too good and for some odd reason I think Baltimore is going to do alright. Had they not deflated like a balloon in the 2nd half of the Divisional round against the Steelers last season, they would have had a great chance to get by the Jets in the AFC Championship to contend for a Superbowl. Heck, the balloon didn't just deflate, it popped that game.

Then again, there's always New England to contend with, along with Indianapolis.

I'm just ready for it to all get underway. It seems like a lot of teams have potential this year to do something great, along with the players themselves.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Should be a good season.The colts are screwed if manning has to miss a huge chunk of time.
always rooting for my jets

Geerz

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna have to say falcons and patriots in the super bowl. If the falcons let matt ryan have a little freedom in the playoffs then they will go to the bowl (otherwise, I'd say packers)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I wish the Cowboys were up on this again, the Texans however are but they kind of suck already, Vince Young however was doing great last I checked, I think.

:phone:

Big_R

Smash Champion
I'm a buccaneers fan and i'ma stay wit em. On top of the ship in tampa bay wit em. other teams forfeit scared to play wit em. no losin in the raymond james stadium

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I'm sorry I couldn't hear you over the sound of my SUPERBOWL.

(Sorry, I'm still adjusting to being a fan of Green Bay and actually being proud of as much)

OmegaXXII

Oh yeah, my favorite Superbowl will always be the one that took place in 2004, it was here in Houston, it's was great, not to mention Justin and Janet. :D

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
This is what I love about football. Just 12 posts in and we already have fans of 5 differet teams (Lions, Jets, Packers, Panthers, Bucs). In most other sports most fans just love the hometown team for the most part. In the NFL there is always variation.

Just 9 days away until the season opener between the Saints and the Packers. Despite all the lockout talk and whatnot the season is just around the corner. I'm calling for a Packers victory over the Saints by a score of 27-20.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I've thought about watching the NFL this season due to the NBA Lockout crushing my very soul. Still need to pick a team to bandwagon though. Leanin' towards the Cowboys-- mostly because my best friend is from Dallas and those are the games I'd be watching.

OmegaXXII

Xsyven, the Cowboys are a good team, if you go with them you won't regret it, I've also been a long time Raiders Fans woo yea!!

OmegaXXII

Oh we are dawg, I just need some convincing brother, I just like the Cowboys though, Green Bay Packers? Hmm...

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
noooo xsyven

Cheer for Green Bay with me!

EDIT: SharkAttack knows whassup
I used to root for Green Bay when I was little because it sounded like Green Day. This was around when Dookie was new, so that's what-- 1994?

OmegaXXII

Good team.

Didn't even make the playoffs.
Well, they almost did this past season, but they ended up losing, maybe they'll have a better season?

FYI I guess I'll keep an eye on the Packers and note how well they play, who knows, I might be cheering for them as well.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I've always believed in supporting the local team so I'm backing the Bucs this season. Really hoping they can pull it off this year.

OmegaXXII

@Omega: Pretty much any Packers playoff game from this past season was a showstopper.
Yes, I've heard some good stuff about them, like Chad Cliffton and Charles Woodsan are some of the players I've caught in the past, I haven't keeping up with them but I plan to this season just to see how well they play this time around.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I've always believed in supporting the local team so I'm backing the Bucs this season. Really hoping they can pull it off this year.
Best Utah has to offer as far as local teams is Denver.

I guess I can root for the Broncos.

Plus, Tim Tebow is so dreamy.

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
Houston Texans I assume? Yeah, I wish I could root for them like I did a couple of years back, to bad they also end up disappointing since most of the players on there are whack imo.
It wouldn't matter if it was an entire team of Ryan Leafs I'd still root for them. That's part of having a favorite team.

Superbowl prediction for this year: Ravens vs Packers

Underdog team of the year: Browns

theeboredone

Smash Legend
This is the year 49ers stay below .500

Frank Gore just wasting away.

I just realized how cool it would be if we could have sports emblems next to our user names :D

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
This is the year the Cowboys surprise everyone and go 16-0.

Hell, I'd settle for winning a playoff game. I do think we can steal this hotly contested division this year though. 'Skins are better than they appear, Eagles aren't bulletproof, and the Giants have too many injuries.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Skip Bayless said the Cowboys will win the NFC East over the Eagles LOL. Both teams will go 10-6 with the Cowboys winning the tie breaker.

Eagles do have some weaknesses...mainly on the D-Line, linebackers, and their o-line is still suspect. But the Cowboys D last year was TERRIBLE.

Redskins have Grossman as their starting QB...fail.

Giants...it's all on Eli. That's all I'm gonna say. He can't throw that many INTs.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
But the wonderful Cowboys D will be bolstered by the new Rob Ryan intensity. /hope

And the Skins have a very solid team, enough so to cover for a fairly awful QB.

Btw: Jags cut Garrard today. While I don't agree with the move, at least they're willing to concede defeat on that prospect. Will the 49'ers ever cut Smith?

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
I'm a Cowboys fan. I'm really hoping to see a lot better out of them this year... With Wade gone, I think things will be a lot better. We'll see how Jason Garrett does with the team.

Btw: Jags cut Garrard today. While I don't agree with the move, at least they're willing to concede defeat on that prospect. Will the 49'ers ever cut Smith?
I really don't see why they did that :/ Probably shouldn't have cut him...I disagree with the move too.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Rumors are, Garrett is more like Jimmie Johnson than we could've hoped. No way to know for sure yet though.

And I agree with you Bored, Garrard is still a hell of a good QB/backup.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Those are always fun to watch, but highly overrated...like the games :troll:

Gonna be a strange atmosphere given the games are gonna be on 9/11

But on a more positive note, this girl I made friends with in one of my classes...not a bad looker AND she's a big fan of sports. She's been playing Fantasy Football for 5 years now LOL.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
She's got a penis. Sorry to be the one that broke it to you.

In Texas, gurls don't watch sports that often. :C

Top Bottom