• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NFL Thread

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Peyton was the one with the bad play at the end, but the defense was the one that choked tonight.

And the refs.

/Seattle fan

theeboredone

Smash Legend
As Skip Bayless likes to deem him. Greatest Regular Season QB. Remember, Peyton also had a total of three turnovers. Very Un-Manning like given the fact he's been solid all year + destroyed Baltimore earlier in the year.

Cold weather + Playoffs = Not good for Peyton.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
1-1. Thought Denver and San Fran would win barely. Clearly wrong on those.

Anyone else go "Flacco Waka Waka" when Flacco makes a good play? lol.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Ughh!....I wish I could watch the Seahawks/Falcons game today, but a contract dispute between my local cable operator and my local Fox station has led to a dispute over fees on who charges who. I don't know the specifics, but as of right now in the NW Ohio/SE Michigan area there is nothing airing on Fox.

Thankfully the Superbowl is not of Fox!

I have no idea how any of these games are going to go down today. I didn't think Baltimore would be able to go into Denver and win. I also don't think I've ever witnessed an NFL game go into 2 overtimes. That is rare. I wonder how real the Ravens really are. This is their 2nd AFC Championship appearance in two years. I'm looking forward to seeing New England vs. Houston.

Peeze

Smash Master
Man the packers got trashed. How do you let one guy destroy your team when you've gamplanned for him?

i think he single handedly had more yards than the entire pack squad.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Ughh!....I wish I could watch the Seahawks/Falcons game today, but a contract dispute between my local cable operator and my local Fox station has led to a dispute over fees on who charges who. I don't know the specifics, but as of right now in the NW Ohio/SE Michigan area there is nothing airing on Fox.

I have no idea how any of these games are going to go down today. I didn't think Baltimore would be able to go into Denver and win. I also don't think I've ever witnessed an NFL game go into 2 overtimes. That is rare. I wonder how real the Ravens really are. This is their 2nd AFC Championship appearance in two years. I'm looking forward to seeing New England vs. Houston.

I live in SE michigan (ann arbor) and Im watching the game right now o_0

who's your cable operator?

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
well so far the risky coaching decisions have cost seattle
falcons looking good but still gotta half to play
happy for them if they can win this
matt ryan and tony Gonzales deserve it

broncos secondary
lolwhatwereyoudoing

packers
your defense is trash fix it
dont bring me rodgers without a full team

Reizilla

Www.thefirstrow.eu

Man the packers got trashed. How do you let one guy destroy your team when you've gamplanned for him?

i think he single handedly had more yards than the entire pack squad.
Says the guy with AP on his team.

Reizilla

Manning barely lost in the divisional round and Tebow got 3rd down Tom Brady punted on?

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Who is your cable provider? Also a bit surprising, because Fox is a basic channel.
Buckeye Cable is my provider (I'm from Ohio, hence the name Buckeye). Luckily, I was able to watch the final 5 minutes of this game. I ran a race today in the afternoon, and once I finished, the game was on two televisions for everyone to watch inside a cafeteria.

On the drive where Seattle scored to take a 28-27 lead, there were a lot of people standing around me that were amazed with how Russell Wilson escaped the lineman attempting to sack him. They were going to call out race awards, but held off for the final minute of the game because everyone was locked into the game lol.

The Houston/New England game is looking good right now. That 55 yard FG by Graham was big going into half. I hope this come down to the wire.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Best fantasy week ever. Gronk will have a 3x multiplier going into next week!

...Oh. I think I'll just keep him there to remind me of how dumb I am about picking injured players.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Seattle is gonna be scary for years to come. Youth + Good coach + QB = Scary.

Seattle clearly showed heart and grit of the city that I live in. Never before have I seen such resiliency from a 5'10 QB in Russel Wilson. Words cannot express how his wavy hair swayed when he walked back and forth on the sideline. Words cannot express how he pointed his finger on the blitz pick up, showing just how much of an intelligent man he is.

Marshawn Lynch. Wow, I can't believe he fumbled that ball, but he thankfully redeemed himself. He was going hard, and he was clearly the best running back in the game, despite that subpar run from Rodgers in the end of the first quarter.

I should also note that Seattle would have won this game had Pete Carrol not shown his inexperience of pro football by not going for 4th and 1 in the second quarter, and then messing up the 2 minute drill before the end of the first half. Clearly, when you look at how this game played out, my hindsight shows that they should have kicked two field goals and won the game.

Overall, I'm proud of my Seahawks. I am now going to dry my tears with my signed Lynch jersey. Though when I think about it. Lynch doesn't cry, and if he saw me crying like this. He would probably truck stick me out of my room.

Go Seattle.

Jem.

Smash Master
The heartbreak.. It was strong with that game yesterday.

I again refuse to call the Seahawks defense elite. I don't care if your #1 in points allowed. They also gave up 5 late 4th quarter leads this year.. unacceptable.

But hopefully the whole country just learned as I've always said.. Russell Wilson could be successful wherever he went. Doesn't need a run game, doesn't need the best WR's in the game, doesn't need a defense. HE PUT THE TEAM ON HIS BACKKKKK with no run game while down 20.. Really thought we pulled off the impossible until we went into prevent defense. Thing that sucks is there are multiple simple ways we win the game too. Taking 1 of the 2 field goals in the first half, not trying to ice the kicker, not going into prevent defense.. But hey that's Football for ya. What a game. Gotta avoid these slow starts though on the road.. Can't rely on Russell Wilson playing flawless

Also, today reports came out Russell Wilson wasn't in the locker room for the cleanout because he was watching game film.. He is gonna continue to be special

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
^ Love the post!

Championship weekend is my favorite weekend of the NFL Playoffs. Being 1 game away from the Superbowl is a major accomplishment, along with being one of the last 4 teams playing. Some teams, like the Falcons, 49ers, and Ravens haven't been there in years, while teams like New England go all the time.

If the 49ers, Falcons, or Ravens go, the majority of fans will be happy that these teams finally got over the hump. If New England makes it, then some fans will be amazed at how they can do it year after year. That really is special when a lot of times hardly ever get that far. It's not always so much the teams, but players as well. Tom Brady might be playing in the 6th Superbowl of his career, along with Bellichick in the aspect of coaching. On the flipside many players struggle to even make the playoffs, or even be successful upon making it. Tony Gonzalez finally won a playoff game in his long career. Even Payton Manning struggles to get a playoff win at times. Doesn't he have about 4-5 playoff runs where he's been eliminated in the 1st game?

There have been numerous games during Championship weekend that have been flat out amazing. Here are some just to name a few:

2012: Giants vs. 49ers - Epic overtime game.

2012: Ravens vs. Patriots - The Ravens were very close. A dropped pass for a touchdown to take the lead, then the missed FG to take it to OT.

2010: Vikings vs. Saints - Another great game that went to overtime. I couldn't believe Favre came back in the game after taking a beating. This game changed soo much in the NFL, such as the bounty scandle and the overtime rules.

2008: Giants vs. Packers: Frigid temperature at Lambeau Field. It was like -16 with a windchill of -24. After that game several Giants players were sick for a few days. I'll never forget the fans reaction when the Packers won the coin toss and opted to take the ball. Momentum was strongly on Green Bay's side, yet Favre threw the pick to Webster, which led to Tynes game winning Field Goal.

2007: Patriots vs. Colts: My favorite game between Brady and Manning. The Patriots were dominating this game early, and Manning was struggling. The Colts were down big at half, but they came back and won. Manning never gave up on challenging New England's defense, even after Asante Samuel picked him off at least twice I believe. For sure once. Once Bob Sanders picked off Tom Brady and went to the ground for the gauarnteed win, it was something. Manning finally made it to the Superbowl, and Brady was denied going. This game wasn't too far off the Patriots 2005 Superbowl win against the Carolina Panthers.

There are many more games to add, but that would have made for a real long post. Anyone remember how many NFC Championship Games the Eagles took part in before finally going in 2005? It was like 3 or 4. When Tampa Bay won the Superbowl in 2003, they had to go through the Eagles in the NFC Championship, and the Eagles would constantly beat them in the playoffs year after year.

Looking forward to Sunday!

Jem.

Smash Master
Lolll Ter who is your team? Sherman still had a monster game. He single handedly saved the game from being like 40-0 at halftime lol

Also I will be pretty shocked if the Patriots don't win the Superbowl at this point. The better team lost yesterday between the Falcons and Seahawks. Kind of expecting the 49ers to beat them by 10-14. If Russell Wilson can torch them with no run game, so can Kaep with potentially a run game with Gore and probably a defense that shows up unlike Seattle's

M@v

Subarashii!
WELP, time to root for the refs in the AFC championship game for the second year in a row.

You don't know how much this back-to-back afc championship game crap has hurt me as a steelers fan. Its like being Ash Ketchum, and having to watch Gary and Team Rocket play for the pokemon league championship.

Not only that, the only team I still liked a lot is out (Seattle). And I have a strong feeling Baltimore is winning the Lombardi. Trust me on this; that team will refuse to die. It was the same exact situation when Jerome Bettis was playing his last season in Pittsburgh, and we tore through the playoffs as a 6 seed all the way to Detroit, and the championship podium.

The only fathomable way I could stomach my least favorite team winning a superbowl is because of #52, and the chance to sweep them next season.

*sigh*

As for the NFC side, I'm going to say I want the falcons to get the super bowl. Atlanta still hasn't got a lombardi, and neither has Tony Gonzalez. While people question if Ray Lewis is the best Linebacker ever, there is no question Tony G. is the best Tight End to ever play the game. And like Ray, he's done after this season from the looks of it.

The 49ers can wait. The new era Steelers suffered through about 3 AFC championship losses before breaking through.

#Harbaugh bowl de-hype

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Lolll Ter who is your team? Sherman still had a monster game. He single handedly saved the game from being like 40-0 at halftime lol

Also I will be pretty shocked if the Patriots don't win the Superbowl at this point. The better team lost yesterday between the Falcons and Seahawks. Kind of expecting the 49ers to beat them by 10-14. If Russell Wilson can torch them with no run game, so can Kaep with potentially a run game with Gore and probably a defense that shows up unlike Seattle's
Wasn't Sherman also responsible for Roddy getting a 50 yard TD?

Patriots offense this year is the second highest scoring offense. The first best was the 07 Patriots. I still think the Ravens D is suspect, and it's gonna be hard to continue the emotional roller coaster. I hope they do get through, since I will be rooting for a Harbaugh bowl.

Alternatively, it's always fun to see Brady lose to whatever NFC team in the Super Bowl.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Brady is 3-2 in his Superbowl history. Those two losses were both to the Giants, and New York is not in this year. In those 3 wins, New England won by a Field Goal all 3 times. It's like Adam Vinetari was the game hero. Against the Rams it was a last second Field Goal. I don't quite remember if it was the same against the Panthers and Eagles, but I think it was against Carolina.

Edit: Adam Viniteri kicked the game winning Field Goal with no time remaining against the Rams
Against the Panthers there was 4 seconds left when he kicked the game winning Field Goal.
Against the Eagles, the Patriots were up 24-14 with under two minutes left. Game ended up being 24-21 in the end, with McNabb throwing an interception to Rodney Harrison.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Brady is 3-2 in his Superbowl history. Those two losses were both to the Giants, and New York is not in this year. In those 3 wins, New England won by a Field Goal all 3 times. It's like Adam Vinetari was the game hero. Against the Rams it was a last second Field Goal. I don't quite remember if it was the same against the Panthers and Eagles, but I think it was against Carolina.

Edit: Adam Viniteri kicked the game winning Field Goal with no time remaining against the Rams
Against the Panthers there was 4 seconds left when he kicked the game winning Field Goal.
Against the Eagles, the Patriots were up 24-14 with under two minutes left. Game ended up being 24-21 in the end, with McNabb throwing an interception to Rodney Harrison.
Brady is also 0-2 after Spygate :troll:

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
thats actually why i partly want brady to win
so we dont have to talk about championships with him with a asterisk and speculation
i still think hes one of the greatest quaterbacks ever but for him to utterly solidify his greatness he needs to win another ring
falcons/patriots superbowl would be fun

strawhats

Smash Master
I want Ravens to win...Human Interest story(feel good Cinderella Story with Ray Lewis's retirement and all driving his team to an inspiring championship run)

Also think it will be the 49ers coming out of the NFC

Top Bottom