• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NFL Thread

Jem.

Smash Master
I hope the Packers play the Seahawks in the playoffs. They aren't scared.

:phone:
I think that would be one hell of a game as a Seahawks fan who was at MNF. Both teams have something to prove -- Everyone says the Hawks didnt deserve to win, Packers want to prove they should win in this matchup. Have the Packers played a team who does the read option?? Seattle's offense has changed a lot since week 3. Only thing that sucks is that it would be in Lambeau, but I just get the feeling if Seattle wants to make a deep playoff run, they'll have to play Green Bay. I personally think if the season ended today, the NFC Championship game would be Seattle @ Green Bay. I'm not confident in Atlanta until I see them win a playoff game, and I'm not too sure if San Fran can win @ Green Bay in the divisional round. It isn't week 1 anymore.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Patriots have a horrible record of playing in Denver (something like 1-5 or something like that).

Gotta say Denver is the heavy favorite int eh AFC now, especially with Houston slipping these last few weeks.

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
Im mad.

Despite giants winning the game today against the Phildadelphia Eagles, they're not advancing to the playoffs because of the stupid Bears!

ARGHHHHH!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Patriots have a horrible record of playing in Denver (something like 1-5 or something like that).

Gotta say Denver is the heavy favorite int eh AFC now, especially with Houston slipping these last few weeks.
I think Brady is like 2-7 or something lifetime vs. Broncos. And now they have Manning, who is my MVP of the year. They've been hot since their third lost early...which was to the Patriots. But we'll see how healthy stuff turns out. Patriots had a solid win over Miami today so hopefully they rest up and move forward.

...No, they're not making the playoffs because of the Falcons and Ravens. Look at the bigger picture. >_>
Pretty sure playoffs has nothing to do with Falcons and definitely nothing with the Ravens. You're spouting nonsense.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Okay, so realistically they have themselves to blame for not making the playoffs, but I was citing how they lost badly to both of those teams. Not nonsense at all.

Jem.

Smash Master
Seattle @ Washington best wild-card game.

I think betting wise Seattle will be the underdog, but I like their chances if they dont turn the ball over on being confused and tricked like Romo or if their defense doesn't give up 250+ rushing yards like the Cowboys did. If Redskins are pounding the ball like they were though, could be mighty difficult for the Seahawks. Morris and Lynch and RG3 and Russel Wilson? Who could ask for a better and more exciting/explosive wild card.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Seattle @ Washington best wild-card game.

I think betting wise Seattle will be the underdog
Vegas has Seattle favored. Thanks for playing.

On the AFC front, Peyton is my favorite QB, so I'm hopping he doesn't have a subpar QB performance like he usually does in the playoffs. I'd like to see them or the Colts rep the AFC. The feel good story of Chuck Pagano is something I can root for. The NFC is obviously the 49ers, no brainer there.

Jem.

Smash Master
Vegas has Seattle favored. Thanks for playing.

On the AFC front, Peyton is my favorite QB, so I'm hopping he doesn't have a subpar QB performance like he usually does in the playoffs. I'd like to see them or the Colts rep the AFC. The feel good story of Chuck Pagano is something I can root for. The NFC is obviously the 49ers, no brainer there.
I bet by the end of the week Redskins are favored in Vegas. No one will bank a serious amount of money on Seattle on the road. The only reassuring part is that the Redskins have less sacks than the Seahawks lol. Rams put on a clinic but their pass rush is one of the best.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Honestly, whats the chances of the Vikes running the table? I'd rather have seen peterson break the record and make history.
Because actually making the playoffs in how long? is less important than Peterson being able to shatter some record probably every following season in his sleep because he's unstoppable.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I have Texans > Bengals
Colts > Ravens (setting up a rematch in Foxborough and Peyton's old team coming for a visit)

And then I have the Vikings beating the Pack again and don't really care about the last one, but I guess Seattle-SF round 3 would be cool if the Vikes do win.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Was gonna go hard on the Playoff Challenge since I missed out on regular Fantasy, then realized I have no idea how these playoffs will go. None of these teams except the Broncos seem convincing, and that makes me wary of even the Broncos...

M@v

Subarashii!
I think seattle might be the first team to go to the superbowl with a rookie QB.

Even if Russell has a hard time, the rest of the team has been playing so solid recently.

Will probably be broncos pats AFC championship unless the colts or bengals stay hot.

Ravens aren't going far; been in a tailspin for a month.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
It's because they're black.

And yeah, Seattle definitely has the best chance any rookie QB team has had in a long time.

Jem.

Smash Master
Only thing that scares me is 3 straight road games. It only takes one off day to end it all for them.

All the players and coaches are saying the Rams giving them the best punch they had was the best thing to happen to them. The past few weeks it didnt even feel like real games the way they were dominating. They were in a dog fight and that's what it's gonna take.

The poise Russell shows though.. It gives you hope they can go anywhere and pull it off though. And the reassuring thing is that they have yet to lose a game by more than 7 this year.. If they're tough and physical they will have a shot anywhere. 3 straight road games would be something though from a Seattle fan haha. It sounds weird, but Russell Wilson preaching to never get too high and never get too low as a fan almost has me the same way. He's showed me he can pull out the clutch play. That 3rd down play vs the Rams was like.. Vintage rookie Russell. Not many people make that play to avoid the sack and get a 50 yard pass off to Tate. Seahawks achilles heel if they do lose is going to be the inconsistent pass rush. It feels like Bruce Irvin a lot of games you wouldn't know he was playing.. He needs to step up, Clemons can't do it all for him. Can't give elite QB's time to throw

If the Seahawks get past the Redskins though.. Julio Jones and Roddy White vs Brandon Browner and Richard Sherman? Wowweeee.. Let the fighting begin. That's gonna be a dog fight with trash talkers on every snap.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
If anything, I don't think the Redskins will pull a victory over Seattle if Wilson continues his thing.

However, a Colts victory would be amazing if only for Pagano. ;~;

Jem.

Smash Master
I dunno, even if the little man wasn't on my team.. I'd be rooting for his team. RG3 and Luck were expected to do his thang. Number 75 pick wasn't supposed to be playing at their level.

The passing stats for RG3 and RW are almost freaky-similar.

Although, a lot of people dislike the MNF result, and it's hard to like Sherman unless he's on your team. He's like Cortland Finnegan in that aspect. I don't think I'd like Sherman if he wasn't playing for the Seahawks, but you never know lol.

M@v

Subarashii!
If anything, I don't think the Redskins will pull a victory over Seattle if Wilson continues his thing.

However, a Colts victory would be amazing if only for Pagano. ;~;
Also amazing because its against the Ravens.

Wish ravens would go 0-16 every year; it'd make me happy :)

Also, we are forgetting the most important part of this playoff picture people:

Peeze

Smash Master
But no seriously seeing a 29 year old record getting broken is much more monumental than being one and done in the playoffs.

And they last made the playoffs after the 09 season. Not that long ago.

Top Bottom