• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Tier List on 5th June - What do you think we have to expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigman40

Smash Master
Eh, wouldn't matter to me sine Yoshi's placement is always barely above bottom tier. If it's any higher than what I would be guessing then I might be surprised

B!squick

Smash Master
Nah, the Bowser boards, and every Bowser main is content with Bowser's current position. At the brink of Low Tier. *shrug*
Like I said, I want Bowser IN low tier so I can own at the Low Tier Tournys.

And anyway, I know Bowser is the greatest, I don't care if a list made by people who aren't me say otherwise. His most common match ups (the higher tiers) are an up hill battle as are random mid and low tier characters, but I don't think that's nearly enough to make him go down. Honestly though, if it wasn't for DeDeDe more people might actually play and win with Bowser.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Like I said, I want Bowser IN low tier so I can own at the Low Tier Tournys.

And anyway, I know Bowser is the greatest, I don't care if a list made by people who aren't me say otherwise. His most common match ups (the higher tiers) are an up hill battle as are random mid and low tier characters, but I don't think that's nearly enough to make him go down. Honestly though, if it wasn't for DeDeDe more people might actually play and win with Bowser.
dude, no. Just no. Bowser is trash and will always be. LOLOLOLOL!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ok here's the straight up truth:

Wario does not get wrecked by Dedede.

Dedede arguably goes even with Wario. That's all I am gonna throw out for now. The general rule of thumb, however, is that the larger the stage is, the easier it is for Wario to win. Platforms also generally go in his favor, moving platforms are a super bonus lol.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
You guys should tell me how much sheik has raised in the new tier list....Although I highly doubt I'll be pleased where you put her unless she like high tier >.>

How about this, my birthday is june 2, tell me then..or now for a early birthday gift =3

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Sheik is 19th on the new tier list.
<--- is happy. Thank you, that's about as far as I saw sheik jumping in this up coming tier list with her current meta game. If what you say is true then that only proves sheik is starting to catch the eye of some of the "big wigs"

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yeah, I thought he wasn't one of the sbr but hey, that's the magic spot I thought sheik would raise to so I believe it....seriously though, I would like to know.
While were at it, I'd like to know where Kirby is, and my Birthday's in December, so if you want to give me a super early B-day present because I can't wait a whole entire week, could you tell me?

Iwan

Smash Ace
Marth is DEFINITELY dropping, rofl. Wario and Diddy are both better characters than him. The only character above him that might be worse is G&W. I suspect D3 will drop actually. D3 mains are just fortunate enough not to run into more Olimars and Falcos.

Marth is really a deadly character, but when he has negative match-ups vs. MK, Snake, and D3, it's hard. Sure, he beats Falco and G&W, but few players even use these underused characters, because of their one-dimensional playstyle.
I agree with this ten-fold. Marth will drop...I also think Zelda is dropping, zss is going up, ganon is dropping, sheik will go up, and Falcon will go up.

Guess we'll see.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
thats a stupid reason.
1 person is all it takes to make a character good.
Because then you know how good the character can be.

Its like if all snakes sucked balls, but we had ally.
Then thats all we need to know that -> snake is good.

And melee marth wasnt believed to be top tier'ish at first until ken owned it up with him.
Agreed, if you have one person doing very well with a character, it could just mean that they are either very unpopular for whatever reason, have a steep learning curve, or both.

IMO that's why the tournie results list should not be the same as the tier list, because it only reflects the flux of players using certain characters. Larger tournies (50+) are a better determinant of which characters are viable IMO, because Ganons aren't going to win that size of a tournie consistently even if there were a **** load of Gannie mains.

Matchups are a better determinant than the tourney list in general, but they have a lot of bias/propaganda in them.

IMO, look at how the best players of each character stack up against each other and you'll see your current metagame balance.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Marth is DEFINITELY dropping, rofl. Wario and Diddy are both better characters than him. The only character above him that might be worse is G&W. I suspect D3 will drop actually. D3 mains are just fortunate enough not to run into more Olimars and Falcos.

Marth is really a deadly character, but when he has negative match-ups vs. MK, Snake, and D3, it's hard. Sure, he beats Falco and G&W, but few players even use these underused characters, because of their one-dimensional playstyle.
Yeah, he's better than G&W, who should also drop.

Nexus Bond

Smash Apprentice
Spadefox and Xyro, you guys seem to be implying that the tier list has already been finalized. If so, is it coming out on June 5th, or will it be out earlier?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Spadefox and Xyro, you guys seem to be implying that the tier list has already been finalized. If so, is it coming out on June 5th, or will it be out earlier?
It will come out next week, no sooner. There's still a few things to discuss and finishing it up completely.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Who will release the new tier list XD ? (I now very unimportant question)

Also the SBR should give reason for every character and their placing in the new TL... would be very nice ^^

|RK|

Smash Marketer
That would take too long and is unlikely, although it would clarify the tier list and cause more positive reactions to it. It would also increase its accuracy and stuff...

IxxI

Smash Fence
What xDD-Master said.
I think a short brief 2 line for each character explaining their position would be great.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
yay i hope they read this and will make some explantion for each character (Like IxxI said... just two sentences or something like that)

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Metaknight is not moving from top, that's for sure. Maybe he won't have his own tier (maybe), but there's no chance of him not being top.

TP

Smash Master
What xDD-Master said.
I think a short brief 2 line for each character explaining their position would be great.
I disagree with this due to how they make the list. It is unlikely that ANY member of the SBR will completely agree with the list. Therefore, who would write the explanations? "Yeah, Toon Link is above ZSS because some members of the SBR don't like characters they don't understand." That would be great for our confidence in them.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
It's similar to how any functioning government works. The less they tell us, the better off everyone is.
Yeah, then this lead to thousands of lives being lost in 9/11 due to the government working with a bunch of other countries so Bush could pass his 'republican' laws, not to mention bankrupt the country... Then the Iraq war where more lives were wasted all because of oil.

Like I've said before, Wario is going up, and Mario might go up a bit, that cape is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom