• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Tier List on 5th June - What do you think we have to expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
Peach will probably rise one or two spots (probably just one); Pit will probably go down one (switching with Peach)

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Yeah, then this lead to thousands of lives being lost in 9/11 due to the government working with a bunch of other countries so Bush could pass his 'republican' laws, not to mention bankrupt the country... Then the Iraq war where more lives were wasted all because of oil.
LOL

Clueless person is clueless.

And why the heck do people keep claiming PT should be Mid-tier? I'm not even close to seeing that. One pro picks him up and suddenly everyone thinks a character should sky-rocket......

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Huh? We're not even comparable. Mine's significantly better because of how much better of a player I am. I don't have to main Ganondorf to be better with him than Ganondorf mains. >_>;
I'm sorry, I don't think I've ever seen your Ganon before. Just because you could do well in low-tier tournaments doesn't mean you can use Ganon well against everyone else.

For the record, I beat PhantomX's Ganondorf in dittoes, and he's a far better player than I am too. I also go pretty even with Vex, who also is a far better player than I am. I know dittoes are not an end-all be-all when it comes to matters like these, but it proves that I know how to use Ganon just as well as the pros do.

Come at me.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I'm sorry, I don't think I've ever seen your Ganon before. Just because you could do well in low-tier tournaments doesn't mean you can use Ganon well against everyone else.

For the record, I beat PhantomX's Ganondorf in dittoes, and he's a far better player than I am too. I also go pretty even with Vex, who also is a far better player than I am. I know dittoes are not an end-all be-all when it comes to matters like these, but it proves that I know how to use Ganon just as well as the pros do.

Come at me.
I believe you meant, "Get at me". Step that trashtalking game up.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Nugguhs don't know **** about Luigi..

-His defense is complete garbage
-No range
-Only one reliable kill move (F-Smash)
-He is the easiest character in the game to grab
-A lot of his moves have A LOT of ending lag (such as Super Jump Punch, Luigi Cyclone, Green Missile, and all of his smashes)
-He has a lot of trouble scoring KOs.
-Recovery is predictable and incredibly easy to gimp

The only positive things that I see in Luigi in this game are his recovery (distance wise), and the insane amount of power in his F-Smash. Everything else is crap.
Look at Luigiking's post and he just outright pwnt you. A few of mine my 2 cent's I like to input.
- Nah not really it's pretty alright actually. Somewhere between medicore to slightly above average. but in a defensive game like brawl.. yeah you get my point lol
-doesn't completely hinder him but still taken accounted for.
- LOL spacing anyone? Also shield pokes is fun to bait.
- SJP can be gurateed'd depending on the char, Luigi cyclone can be ended in the air so you won't be fully punished, green missle is LOL. All of his smashs are safe on the block.
- Not really, most luigi's will kill around below 120% depending on such things.
- Agreed but not completely easily to gimp depending on button mashing skills. Look up Boss kid.

Luigi still has great attack speed and getting missfire can get really early kills. Side smash is great, it has big speed and power. The problem is that he is slow moving and poor range that makes him easy to camp and gives him trouble with great ranged characters like Marth and Dedede. Additionally, Luigi is 1 of the 5 that can be infinited by the King.
Misfire is only 1/8th chance. Don't count on it kid. Slow moving doesn't hinder him. It actually HELPS him.

Luigi's projectile is not so useful, it has bad range and it's not enough good to compensate his slow moving and bad range combination.
It's one of the staples of luigi's game. Luigi should be lucky to have projectile when some chars don't. He has SOOOOO many follow ups when it comes to fireball-ing. Actually it's some what " decent" to compensate for his aerial speed and bad range combination.

Projectile is still a longer reach than his melee attacks, so I would say projectile spam can still be useful for zoning purposes and seeking opportunities to strike.

Agreed. This man knows something about Luigi.

Luigi is a very good, balanced character but perhaps not broken enough to be high tier. :p
He's not THAT balanced. Unless ur mario lol. Some say he has the ability to take it to the bottom of High tier at the best, but eh tourney rep and Mk dominating is lolful.

I think Luigi is really good in a lot of ways, the main thing that sticks out to me on the occasion that I play him is that his out of shield game is awfultastic...other than that I mostly see strengths, but brawl is a defensive oriented game.
Lrn2PSnub. It's not that hard really. And his OOS game is slightly around average or so. But i agree with your last part

O_o
-No range is fairly true
-Plethora of kill moves (Uppercut - 40%+, Fsmash - 70%+, Usmash sweetspot - 90%+, Nair - Early 100s, Bthrow/Dsmash - 120%+) I'm sure you can land one of those before 120%, every other Luigi player does
-Should ending lag on green missile even count? And the rest of those moves don't matter as far as ending lag goes, barring maybe cyclone
-Wrong
-True story there

I think you may just suck, but I could be wrong.

And Luigi's OOS game is alright if you learn to powershield pretty well, which you will playing as the slippery little guy very fast. Upsmash and UpB are pretty **** OOS, nair isn't bad either.

Lol I love you Luigiking. Have my babies for ****** people =]
I dissagree with luigi moving down. I think he is staying the same. Also Luigi is a great character most of the things said about him aren't true. He has great killing mobility. He can kill people at 70 with his Up B which actually is not that tough to hit with, it even has comboes leading into it. His jab is amazing and can lead to a free hit almost guarenteed. His Fsmash tippered up is godlike also. Sadly I think Samus is near the bottom now :\.
That's what I predict too with his position. lol fsmash tipper?
Luigi will not move down, but for not the reasons you stated.

For 1, he has great killing potential. He lacks the range. That is all.

It is true his Up-B is a guaranteed kill on most people at 70%, save for a few heavies, but it is anything BUT easy to land it. It is a punishing move and a move that requires a bit of mindgames and tactical play to land.

agreed

Also, it does have combos into it. But those combos can VERY EASILY be DIed out of by someone paying any attention to the match. The most reliable one is the *** -> Uppercut, and even that can be perfect shielded if done completely on the ground.

another's strawman's arguement lol. Luigi is so sexy when it comes to juggle traps. People fall for it all the time =]. Luigi has slightly harder time only with people who have stalling moves like Marth.

His jab is nothing amazing. Any character that has a multi-hit Jab can do the same things Luigi can do (Jab, attack, etc.), save for a few of the more bulky characters or the characters that just don't matter to much.

ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME? LMFAO You must be a total fool. You need to look up his data on his jab. that thing is the meat of his entire game lmao. Not all characters have a frame 2 jab and have inescapeable/escapeable followups for it not to mention when you get jabb'd ppl will think it's a jabupb. (mindgames all dai inorite) You need to look up your data kid LMFAO..

And Luigi's F-Smash has no special properties that I know of when it is hit with the tip of his finger. His fingers are not Marth's Swords. Sorry. Missed the "Up" part. You are right. Up tipped it is goddly.

lol @ the tipper. his up angled fsmash has iasa frames, it's safe and can kill like around 70s or 80s

And Samus is deserving of her current tier position.
His jab comboes are not VERY EASILY DIed out of, his up B isnt THAT HARD to hit. His up B can kill @ 70 and all you need to hit it is to jab your opponent or follow up on a simple mistake. Its not the easiest thing to hit with but for something that kills at 70 its as easy as it can get.
Just because other characters can jab cancel like luigi doesnt mean it isnt a amazing set up. Luigi has the 2nd best jab in the game imo. If you expect to get perfect shielded then grab its all about the outsmarting the other player in a match.
I would love to prove you wrong about Samus as I very strongly dissagree but considering I have no evidense to back it up then I won't even start I will just let time do the work. To many scrubs these days anyway.
who has the first best jab game ? Dont tell me snake lol.

His Jab combos are, admittedly, not hard to get out of with regular DI, but throw in some Smash-DI and you have some issues.

The second part are fundamentals of what to do if something will fail or is likely to.

I've played Samus and I see no real reason that she'd go up significantly. Sure, she has the potential to go up, but potential needs to be worked out. I doubt it will matter much, anyways.

I am guessing you and me have 2 very different play-styles. It makes some things easier for one of us to do and manage then the other. This skews our opinions of how things are applicable. Let's leave it at that, shall we.

Um what? You expect a mere human to react to a frame 2 Jab? I don't think it'll be that easy to get out of unless your jesus who can react at frame 1 speed. :laugh:
ganon worse then falcon...ionno.......
ily biglou... you tell dem nugguhs mangz...

Done with my massive big post that was responded like 40 pages ago :laugh:

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
wasn't the last tier list in january? and tier lists are every 6 months? so therefore the next list would actually be in june?
just posting to say that i'm stupid and actually meant july

because july is the sixth month after january, not june.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
What xDD-Master said.
I think a short brief 2 line for each character explaining their position would be great.
Okay, I will do that for you for the current tier list (2.0), and if you want, I'll make a posting when the new tier list is released stating the same.

Meta Knight
Because the SBR Members voted so.

Snake

Falco

King Dedede

Mr. Game & Watch

etc.

going up

Marth
Stop overestimating Marth. He's not Top 5 material, sorry.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Spadefox, those write-ups didn't meet the criteria AT ALL, I'm sorry to say.

If it were up to me, I would try and fill out those "two short sentences", like this for example:

Meta Knight
There's also nothing you can do about it.

Snake

Falco

King Dedede

Mr. Game & Watch

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Pokemon Trainer will have to go to mid tier.

They're mid tierish character(s).

Charizard is a solid mid tier character,
Squirtle is a Solid Wario (bandana, and his own personalised 'round' oval box, with a waft that slides horizontally instead of vertically....)
and Ivysaur is ... is... pretty mediocre.

Oh the joys~.
At least Ivysaur does very well against Snake. It's even. However, the other matchups are either equal or beaten by the other two Pokémon.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
going up

Meta Knight
Fix'd.
I don't see how you can resist Meta Knight. Not with... eyes so enchanting, a voice with such timbre, and a nice big sword.

Also, he's better than Marth.
Meta Knight for -1 on the next tier list.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Marth is better than FOOL(Yes, YOU)CO.

I'll get you for your insubordination against the holy reign of King Marth, Spadefox.
Queen Marth is horrible.

Bowser has horrible aerial mobility :p
I don't really play Bowser anymore, anyway, and stopped discussing about him, so I don't care for that try of a cheap shot. *yawn*

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
SpamusFox.

A lot of people are saying that this tier list is gonna be great... but I have a feeling that I'm mainly gonna see comments about how much it sucks.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
A lot of people are saying that this tier list is gonna be great... but I have a feeling that I'm mainly gonna see comments about how much it sucks.
Of course it'll suck.

Every character has to be top tier, duh.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
SpamusFox.
At your service. :3

Of course. People who're content aren't gonna comment, and people who jump at SBR members' throats for whatever reason are going to post a lot. Haha. It's usual. You won't get pats on your back for your good work, but always pushed down for minor unaccuracies.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
SCREW YOU SBR MEMBER, YOU AND YOUR unINACCURACIES WILL SCREW OVER GENERATIONS FOR GENERATIONS!

But seriously, Dedede is 3rd best, The sbr will forever ROCK unless people figure out how to extra inch DI d3's chain grab <3.

Also, Samus has really bad weight and bad range.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
But seriously, Dedede is 3rd best, The sbr will forever suck unless people figure out how to extra inch DI d3's chain grab <3.
Wolf is 2nd best.
Why?
Because I can say so.

:wolf: What's the matter scared? :wolf:

Frown

poekmon
No, MK is the second best. Samus is the best.

Why? Because her usmash is soooooo good.

EDIT: Oh yeah. Now I remember. Samus is the worst character in the game.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Wolf is 2nd best.
Why?
Because I can say so.

:wolf: What's the matter scared? :wolf:
I think you misquoted me good sir, please revise your post as to not display complete and utter inaccuracies in my opinion on the matter of Dedede's down throw.

Wolf is so invalidated by D3...

Pikachu....kinda...

Sheik (kinda)

.... oh what a shame...

What's more shameful is that Fox is invalidated by everyone.... Poor wolf.

Nic64

Smash Lord
DDD is weird for me, as a solo character I'd question him even being top 5 but as a secondary/co-main he is easily top 3 IMO...in that regard I'd put him above Snake as number 2 actually.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I think you misquoted me good sir, please revise your post as to not display complete and utter inaccuracies in my opinion on the matter of Dedede's down throw.

Wolf is so invalidated by D3...

Pikachu....kinda...

Sheik (kinda)

.... oh what a shame...

What's more shameful is that Fox is invalidated by everyone.... Poor wolf.
Umm... wut?

Sarcasm: The bane of a Marth main.

Lol, rhymes too, see wut I did thar?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I think the joke is on you, good sir.
No, it very clearly isn't.

Marth for mid tier, if it happens my head would explode with laughter at the inevitable response.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
SCREW YOU SBR MEMBER, YOU AND YOUR unINACCURACIES WILL SCREW OVER GENERATIONS FOR GENERATIONS!

But seriously, Dedede is 3rd best, The sbr will forever ROCK unless people figure out how to extra inch DI d3's chain grab <3.

Also, Samus has really bad weight and bad range.
Samus has really bad weight? Care to clarify?

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
From what I remember, Samus is tied with Wario, Charizard, Yoshi, as the 4th heaviest horizontally, which is even heavier than Ganon and King Dedede.

and, considering how "good" her recovery is, I wouldn't be surprised to see her survive as long as Bowser (against horizontal transaction attacks).

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Marth is so going down. I can't believe people think he's going to stay where he is, or actually go up :laugh:

I'm going to make a tier list now because everyone is doing it.

S Tier
MK- Shouldn't be in a tier by himself at the top.
Snake- Definitely second in this game. I know guys like Samurai Panda and DMG disagree for legit reasons, but I live ther region where Ally reigns. Nuff said.

A Tier
DDD- Chaingrab is way too good. Counters Snake (who is now on the same level as MK remember), even if that matchup is closer than everyone thinks (55-45). Also, M2K has stated that the matchup between MK and DDD is closer than everyone thinks.
Wario- Deserves to be here. I think he is interchangable with DDD for 3/4 tbqh. He's the Brawl version of Melee Jiggs, and there are lots of great Wario players that are proving it.
Diddy- Very, very good character that deserves to be this high.
Game and Watch- I know many are going to disagree with me putting him this high, but Game and Watch is way too good. The problem is that all the best Game and Watch players have godly players in their region that make Game and Watch look bad (NOJ, UTD Zac, Hylian, Omega Black Mage). Still a very good character, and I refuse to believe that he is worse than Falco or Marth.
Falco- What a drop off since the last tier list. He went from third to tenth on Ankoku's list (or something like that). He also no longer counters Snake, but still has a pretty close matchup with MK. Many will argue he should be higher than GW, and I think that's fine, but he's not better than Diddy.

B Tier
Marth- He's horrible :p I think if Roy_R and NEO are still the only Marth players doing anything worthwhile with him by the next tier list, he's going to drop to the bottom of B tier. I just see ZERO potential with this character, and he gets ***** too hard by the top 3 characters in the game.
Ice Climbers- I think they are definitely A tier material, but it might be a little controversial if I put him there lol. I play in a region dominated by Lain and Ambrose, so I know the true potential of these guys. When more and more people start to play Iceys (which they will), and more and more people play at the level Lain and Ambrose and Meep are playing at, Iceys will be in A tier.
Pikachu- THRZY BABY. But seriously, Pikachu is an amazing character with nearly endless potential imo. Anther shows it. Imagine if more and more Pikachus emerged displaying even half of the skill of Anther's Pikachu! Incredible.
ROB- I play with Holy, and his ROB is amazing, but I just don't see much potential for this character. He probably won't drop this low on the actual tier list, but I'm not sure where to place him right now. Maybe above Pikachu?
Kirby- Kirby is amazing. I play with Percon, who is probably the 2nd best Kirby out there, and he does some crazy stuff with him. I think Kirby has crazy potential and could go a little higher if more people played him, but he's severely underplayed.

I think that's where the major drop off starts when it comes to tournament viable characters. Olimar is right after Kirby IMO, but there just aren't enough Olimar players playing him at a well enough level to warrant him a spot in B tier IMO. I don't really care about the other characters, but I know for sure that Sonic, Peach, Pokemon Trainer and Fox will be going up. Oh, and Falcon is not the worst in the game. That would be Ganondorf.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Excuse a foreigner to not always speak 100% perfect English.

I hate when people make fun of my spelling, English is not my first language. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom