• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Tier List on 5th June - What do you think we have to expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The concept of sonic being mid-tier is funny

Just think about it for a second...

LOL
Haha, Sonic Mid-Tier...

the SBR must be getting a taste for Steak Bleu.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
yo reflex.

Im going to have to see a PT thats NOT you pulling top 3 or higher at a big notable tourney before I think about PT being mid tier. Because theres no way people should be able to concede to Pt being midtier based ENTIRELY on your actions. because I dont see any other PT pulling result anywhere near what you are doing.

Which leads me to believe that PT is not good, but reflex is amazing.

Sonic is a character that i could concede to mid tier because theres a number of different people catching impressive tourney results with him

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
just so you guys know. we are done makin it. now we are just makin sure it all looks right.

JUNE 5th!

PREPARE YOURSELF!!!!!

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
What to expect?

SBR ARE *******! NUBS! SAMUS IS BROKEN CUZ I CAN'T BEET HER! :mad:
I did beat you with Samus IIRC.
But it was over Wi-fi, so of course it doesn't matter.

Game & Watch is probably going down; Sonic might go up, as might Zero Suit Samus.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I did beat you with Samus IIRC.
But it was over Wi-fi, so of course it doesn't matter.

Game & Watch is probably going down; Sonic might go up, as might Zero Suit Samus.
Yes you did, well done.
Yes, it was transatlantic wifi, well done.

So why get so horny over it?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
just so you guys know. we are done makin it. now we are just makin sure it all looks right.

JUNE 5th!

PREPARE YOURSELF!!!!!
He's lying. We were actually planning on announcing a delay, and to expect the tier list sometime around August.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
The internet.

It is serious business Teran.

But yeah Mid-tier isn't good enough. He needs his own Steak tier, as I/many other people have already said.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I just realized I quoted the wrong post.

Regardless, it was well done since I can play in lag and you can't obviously.

Vermy

Smash Champion

JUNE 5th!

PREPARE YOURSELF!!!!!
You'll get no sympathy from me.

PT will be higher, and us PT mains deserve it. All the ATs and dedication have finally paid off. Alot of people "second" PT, but because its a 3in1 character, you need to put alot of effort into all 3 before you're at a state to be tourney viable.

As for someone getting "top 3". I think making top 8 is plenty. Tourney results points have proven that both PT mains and Sonic mains have done the long yards, and have earned a higher spot. Bottom of Mid tier at least.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The internet.

It is serious business Teran.
The internet. That should be at the top of the Tier List.

Regardless, it was well done since I can play in lag and you can't obviously.
I'm so ashamed, I cry every night when I realise I can't play in a red connection. ;3

complexity1234

Smash Apprentice
yo reflex.

Im going to have to see a PT thats NOT you pulling top 3 or higher at a big notable tourney before I think about PT being mid tier. Because theres no way people should be able to concede to Pt being midtier based ENTIRELY on your actions. because I dont see any other PT pulling result anywhere near what you are doing.

Which leads me to believe that PT is not good, but reflex is amazing.

Sonic is a character that i could concede to mid tier because theres a number of different people catching impressive tourney results with him
thats a stupid reason.
1 person is all it takes to make a character good.
Because then you know how good the character can be.

Its like if all snakes sucked balls, but we had ally.
Then thats all we need to know that -> snake is good.

And melee marth wasnt believed to be top tier'ish at first until ken owned it up with him.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
What to expect?

SBR ARE *******! NUBS! SAMUS IS BROKEN CUZ I CAN'T BEET HER! :mad:

In retrospect, all I expect is Falco moving down, and Captain Falcon staying exactly where he is.
No dood.

Falcon is SOOOOOOOOO broken.

He's just too fast

goodkid

Smash Lord
I can see Sonic moving. Sonic has been under-rated since the beginning. I can see Zelda/Sheik moving up with time, not this list though. Maybe next time once we have some tournament results to prove their viability. Most of their match-ups are pretty even vs high tier. Zelda can't get chaingrabbed by Falco or D3 :O. ZSS should move up a lot, the players have gotten better & she has been placing a lot higher.

Anyone heard of Typh's PT? He gets top 8 in the Cali tournaments. That's the only other player I know that reps PT and places.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
You can just look at PT's moveset/traits and see that he's a potential mid-tier canidate. You don't need tournament results to evaluate the game data that's already in front of you. Sonic looks like a mid-tier, so does PT. No, Sonic's moveset and characteristics aren't that much better than PT's, if at all.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
You can just look at PT's moveset/traits and see that he's a potential mid-tier canidate. You don't need tournament results to evaluate the game data that's already in front of you. Sonic looks like a mid-tier, so does PT. No, Sonic's moveset and characteristics aren't that much better than PT's, if at all.
PT's moveset and aerial mobility (especially for squirtle) are much better than Sonic.

Sonic deserves mid-tier because of how much options he has to use against his opponents and obviously of how well he has been placing in tournaments.

lol@ sephiroth

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
If it were up to the Smash community, everybody should be moving up in the Tier List.

F*** I'm saying it, if you look at Mr Saturn's traits, he's an obvious Mid Tier candidate.
He's also a hard counter for Jigglypuff.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
If it were up to the Smash community, everybody should be moving up in the Tier List.

F*** I'm saying it, if you look at Mr Saturn's traits, he's an obvious Mid Tier candidate.
Not really. I don't really see people seriously advocating a higher spot for random characters like Marth, G&W, Bowser, Peach, Mario, Wolf etc.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'

If it was up to the smash community, we would get no where.

And be tier-list-less

:(

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Not really. I don't really see people seriously advocating a higher spot for random characters like Marth, G&W, Bowser, Peach, Mario, Wolf etc.
I can very clearly see people arguing for all of those characters to go up, lol.

Nic64

Smash Lord
Snake being as good as second best is more debatable than that lol

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I can very clearly see people arguing for all of those characters to go up, lol.
Nah, the Bowser boards, and every Bowser main is content with Bowser's current position. At the brink of Low Tier. *shrug*

But yea, I see Marth mains all over the place advocating that Marth is oh so good. I dunno.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
thats a stupid reason.
1 person is all it takes to make a character good.
Because then you know how good the character can be.

Its like if all snakes sucked balls, but we had ally.
Then thats all we need to know that -> snake is good.

And melee marth wasnt believed to be top tier'ish at first until ken owned it up with him.
By that logic, Ganon should move up because Koskinator ***** ****, as should Link due to Legan, Izaw, etc. (Sorry Link players... I'm forgetting all your names.), right?
Mario should also move up due to Boss, and you know what, **** it, every character has at least one player who destroys in tournies, so lets just put everyone in S tier and be done with it.

are you serious? falcon is the least broken character in this game! if you think the lowest tier (so far anyways) is going to move up more than 1 space, than you really are a noob
You sir, fail at detecting sarcasm.

Xyro77

By that logic, Ganon should move up because Koskinator ***** ****, as should Link due to Legan, Izaw, etc. (Sorry Link players... I'm forgetting all your names.), right?
Mario should also move up due to Boss, and you know what, **** it, every character has at least one player who destroys in tournies, so lets just put everyone in S tier and be done with it.

You sir, fail at detecting sarcasm.
there is no point in arguing. The we(sbr) have made our choices. Id say its by far the MOST accurate list we have created.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Yes. I at least feel rather pleased how well this tier list came out to be - despite me not really being able to influence it by much.

Still, it will be better than any of the last 2 tier lists.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Awesome. That's good to hear. Can't wait to see it.
Congrats in advance to you guys on all your hard work.

Xyro77

Yes. I at least feel rather pleased how well this tier list came out to be - despite me not really being able to influence it by much.

Still, it will be better than any of the last 2 tier lists.
yes i agree. The first and 2nd list had a few characters in places i just couldnt understand. Fox was nearly low tier....WTF

Xyro77

fox should be closer to low tier now than he was before
i disagree 100%. However, whats done is done. The list is really quite good, MAJORITY of people will be happy. We have had MANY MANY events/vids/personal expertise(sp?) to help base our votes. Its funny cause MOST fo us kinda all view it the same way. Well, except for low tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom