• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
For some reason, I thought the second to last character in Minun's name was Nu, not Na. That's what you get for only knowing some basics of Japanese. I always feel bad when I screw these things up.

It still raises the question as to who or what pra_mai was. Maybe it was a placeholder and the programmer felt for some reason to call the folder that for the variable name.

D

Deleted member

I've been thinking about Pra_Mai and considering the option that is WAS Plusle and Minun (I don't believe it, but I like to theorize).

At first, I was unsure how they would work, if they share the same file (Nana has her own from Popo, but it's smaller). Then I thought of something. Plusle and Minun are typically stronger when they touch tails. So what I thought is, what if the whole time, they were meant to have their tails together? I know, the idea is stupid, but it is plausible.
Already covered that, Try.

Just checked; Mewtwo was simply "mewtwo".

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
One reason why I think it's not them:
Lucario is not "Rukario" and Mewtwo was not "Myuutsu" in the data. (Although, I think Mewtwo was "Mew2", so that point may be moot)

Guess that means MechaMew2 has more of a shot. :troll:
Mewtwo was Mewtwo.

EDIT: God damn ninjas.

Also: 最強 is all anyone needs to know.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Kuma: Don't worry about it. I get mixed up occasionally on Katakana as well.

@Oasis: :rolleyes:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I want 最強なのよ!on an apron.

Serve a Strong Sammich to my Sexy Senorita.

Who knows what that has to do with Smash Speculation.

UH. Teddy (Mother 1) for Sm4sh. Reminds me of Franky.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
マイナン

That, directly translated, become Mainan(even had one of my Japanese friends go over it). She knows what's up.

Mai, the first half, is what it should read as.

プラスル is Purasuru when directly translated. Something doesn't add up here in the translation. Not to mention, why wouldn't they translate the entire thing?

Skyleaf

Smash Cadet
マイナン

That, directly translated, become Mainan(even had one of my Japanese friends go over it). She knows what's up.

Mai, the first half, is what it should read as.

プラスル is Purasuru when directly translated. Something doesn't add up here in the translation. Not to mention, why wouldn't they translate the entire thing?
Wha? Right, those are the direct translations in romaji.

But when Plusle's name is said in JP, it starts off sounding like "Pra". PraMai is just a quick and easy way to shorten the names. Sakurai has referred to Smash Brothers on his Twitter as スマブラ, which is SumaBura (SmaBra), short for:
スマッシュブラザーズ

It's common in Japanese borrowed words. Air Conditioner is just EaKon -> エアコン (AirCon).

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
HELL YES.

10kraids
We need some more Kraid in this forum!

I want to see this guy slash a small rotating stage a bunch(again). This is the only stage I play at when I play Melee nowadays. :bee:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I want Brinstar Depths remade in HD graphics. And with Ridley, I can have the original Metroid boss duo against Samus... :3

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am glad to see that there is a lot of love for Brinstar Depths and Fourside. I pretty much loved all the choices Sakurai made for returning stages in Brawl, however, those two really stuck out as what I missed from Melee.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
It makes it move across the screen.
Ah. That would've been the Strongest thing the universe has ever seen.

Unrelated to Brinstar Depths(which makes BD with it's abbreviation :awesome: ) : Paper Mario stage+this=:bee:

We also need this on a Yoshi stage.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Dang, a lot to quote this time. However I am glad we are all discussing something other than characters. :D

Oh god, Sector Z returning would be TOO great

Dat background remade in HD graphics...

Chibi Robo? You mean that game about the little robot who had to stay charged all the time?
I was thinking Sector Z would be really good on the 3DS iteration of Smash. Imagine the Great Fox standing out as well as the space junk floating in the background. Missiles will fly into the Great Fox. The depth would do wonders for such a stage.

Yes, that same Chibi Robo.

Also i don't know if it was asked before so what do you think about this as a stage:

The pokemon dream world.
Never heard of the place before.

Did you take it over there? I trust you, I just, don't want like, some random craz taking it to BandanaDee4Smash.com or anything like that.
Yeah I did. I wanted to post the link there since I figured you probably were not able to. The sample size is decent and you do not have to worry about people spamming Anthony Higgs or anything crazy. I'll keep track of it over there.

Why stop at Sector Z?

WHERE IS YOUR SENSE OF ADVENTURE?

The Great Fox should be just as it is in Brawl/Melee, except it warps from planet to planet. It always starts in Corneria, and ends in Venom. Of course, after Venom, it just resets back to Corneria. WHAT HAPPENS IN BETWEEN IS RANDOM.

There's so many locations in the Lylat System to choose from, I dunno why they went with such boring ones in Lylat Cruise. They weren't even recognizable!

I can understand that wasn't the point, but IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN.
Hey I'm all for it, but I think Lylat Cruise already has the warping space ship stage motif down.

Just to say what was mentioned earlier. Hanenbow is absolutely horrible and so are Mario Bros., 75m, Icicle Mountain (take away the lack of frction and the fish and we'll talk), Flat Zone 2, Mushroomy Kingdom, Distant Planet, and ESPECIALLY NEW PORK CITY. Wario Ware is a slight exception as taking away the hazards make it suck less. Same goes for Port Town.

Just because a design is unique doesn't mean it's good. I hope Sakurai realized that from Brawl. It's strange, but I'd like to see development look back at 64 and then go from there. It's got the basics of the series' design. No overly complicated DI work, no C-Stick, no momentum canceling. Best of all, the stages feel like extractions from the actual games and don't play crappy.
I'll give you 75m, Mario Bros and New Pork City; but Flat Zone 2 (well maybe), Mushroomy Kingdom and Distant Planet are not that bad of stages. If you want to talk about bad stages I am surprised you did not mention Rumble Falls.

STAGES SHOULDN'T MOVE. THEY AREN'T BALANCED. WHAAAAAA.

What I read.
Heyyyy Chu. What are your thoughts on my Rhythm Heaven stage?

Wait, you don't have a Yoshi stage in that list, Star. For shame. Yeah its not that big a series, and it hasn't had anything new in forever, but F-Zero and Earthbound got a stage in your list, so it should too. >:V
Exactly, Yoshi has not received a new game so I did not give him a new stage. Yoshi's Island is already a great stage and I cannot what would prompt a new Yoshi stage? Unless Sakurai decides to revisit Yoshi's Story? But he has done that stage three times already, is a fourth really necessary? As for F-Zero, F-Zero received a new stage to correlate with a character I think is very likely. Earthbound is probably going to receive a new stage because, well, if it doesn't there probably won't be an Earthbound stage... The Melee stages likely won't be coming back, and given how despised New Pork City is I doubt Sakurai is going to go through the effort of bringing that stage back. That means Earthbound has to have a new stage, Saturn Valley does the trick.

yani

Smash Lord
I am glad to see that there is a lot of love for Brinstar Depths and Fourside. I pretty much loved all the choices Sakurai made for returning stages in Brawl, however, those two really stuck out as what I missed from Melee.
My two favorite stages :bee:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
And with Star answering that question, I have results for the next round. We're at 390 votes, and I was in the mood to make it now (Suck it, I'm calling it Poll 400 results). This time around EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER IS ON THE RESULTS. I went insane doing this. Insane.

[COLLAPSE="Top 50 Roster"]

Super Mario
• Mario
• Luigi
• Peach
• Bowser
• Toad
• Yoshi

DK
• Donkey Kong
• Diddy Kong
• King K. Rool
• Dixie Kong

WarioWare/Land
• Wario

Kirby
• Kirby
• Dedede
• Meta Knight
• Bandana Dee

Legend Of Zelda
• Link
• Zelda/Sheik
• Ganondorf
• Toon Link

Pokemon
• Pikachu
• Jigglypuff
• Pokemon Trainer Kanto
• Lucario
Mewtwo

Metroid
• Samus/ZSS
• Ridley

F-Zero
• Captain Falcon
• Samurai Goroh

StarFox
• Fox
• Falco
• Wolf
• Krystal

Mother
• Ness
• Lucas

Fire Emblem
• Marth
• Ike
• Roy

Kid Icarus
• Pit
• Medusa
• Palutena

Smaller Franchises
• Game & Watch
• ROB
• Ice Climbers
• Olimar
• Little Mac
• Isaac

Third Party characters
• Sonic
• Snake
• Megaman

[/COLLAPSE]

Not much changed, heck, Zoroark got swapped for Roy. That's it.

[COLLAPSE="Mega Results from HELL"]
A Tier

• King K. Rool (265)
• Ridley (260)

B Tier
• Mewtwo (248)
• Isaac (232)
• Little Mac (224)
• Toad (217)
• Krystal (206)
• Megaman (201)

C Tier
• Medusa (172)
• Dixie Kong (166)
• Samurai Goroh (150)
• Palutena (146)
• Bandana Dee (145)
• Roy (142)

D Tier
• Saki (135)
• Bowser Junior (134)
• Ghirahim (134)
• Zoroark (134)
• Shulk (122)
• Takamaru (120)
• Victini (119)
• Black Shadow (119)
• Ashley (113)
• Super Mari RPG (110)
• Pichu / Bros (109)
• Paper Mario (108)
• Starfy (108)
• Plusle & Minun (105)
• Waluigi (101)
• Caeda (100)
• Mii (100)

E Tier
• Banjo & Kazooie (99)
• Ray MK (94)
• Claus / Masked Man (91)
• Tom Nook (91)
• Captain Syrup (89)
• Bomberman (86)
• Chrome (83)
• Impa (82)
• Professor Layton (80)
• Meowth (78)
• NO 3rd PARTIES (81)
• Lip (77)
• Tingle (72)
• Lyn (71)
• Balloon Fighter (66)
• Pac-Man (65)
• Sukapon (64)
• Deoxys (63)
• Doc (59)
• Majora (59)
• Mach Rider (59)
• Final Fantasy (58)
• Hector (57)
• Andy (57)
• Kamek (56)
• Dragon Quest (55)
• Mona (54)
• Pokemon Trainer Hoenn (54)
• Black Knight (54)
• Elite Beat Agents (53)
• Vaati (52)
• Pokemon Trainer Johto (52)
• Anthony Higgs (52)

F Tier
• Pokemon Trainer Unova (49)
• Fawful (48)
• Magnus (48)
• Matthew (48)
• Dark Samus (46)
• Porky (46)
• Alex of Golden Sun (46)
• CastleVania (46)
• Jimmy T (45)
• Micaiah (45)
• Dillon (45)
• Sabure Prince (45)
• Rayman (45)
• Felix (44)
• Tetra (43)
• Young Link (43)
• Kingdom Hearts (43)
• Travis Touchdown (43)
• Muddy Mole (42)
• Cranky Kong (41)
• Funky Kong (41)
• Ephiraim (40)
• Chibi-Robo (40)
• Toon Zelda (39)
• Duster (39)
• Kumatora (39)
• Street Fighter (39)
• Pokemon Trainer Villain (38)
• Midna (37)
• Captain N (35)
• Jill of Drill Dozer (35)
• Shy Guy (34)
• Gardevior (33)
• Isa Jo (33)
• Pokemon Trainer Sinnoh (32)
• Poo (32)
• Prince Fluff (31)
• Slippy (31)
• Ninten (31)
• Ryu Hayabusa (31)
• Pokemon Trainer N (30)
• Peppy (30)
• Toon Ganondorf (29)
• Eirika (29)
• Eggplant Wizard (29)
• K.K Slider (29)
• Baby Mario (28)
• Demise (28)
• Wolf Link (28)
• Sylux (28)
• Captain Rainbow (28)
• Elza (28)
• Villager (27)
• King Boo (26)
• Daisy (25)
• Leon (25)
• Jeff (25)
• Mike (24)
• Orublon (24)
• Flint (24)
• Kanan (24)
• Mike Jones (24)
• Soren (23)
• Baby Luigi (22)
• Paula (22)
• Dr. Crygor (21)
• Knuckle Joe (21)
• Panther (21)
• Bubbles (21)
• Liz (20)
• Tales Series (20)
• Genesect (19)
• Jody Summer (19)
• Darkrai (18)
• Louie (18)
• Boney (17)
• Yarn Kirby (16)
• Blood Falcon (16)
• Resident Evil (16)
• Demille (15)
• Urban Champion (15)
• Pico (14)
• Excited Biker (14)
• Baby Bowser (13)
• Dark Pit (13)
• Lololo & Lalala (12)
• Elliwood (12)
• Sigurd (12)
• Alice (12)
• Kyle Hyde (12)
• Soul Calibur (12)
• Donkey Kong Junoir (11)
• Deathborn (11)
• Alex Roivas (11)
• Ryota Hayami (11)
• Daroach (10)
• Heracles (10)
• Ryuta (10)
• Dr. Stewart (9)
• Ana (9)
• Ayumi Tachibana (9)
• Dr. Write (9)
• John Rami (9)
• Welt (9)
• Kalimba Tiki (8)
• Marx (8)
• Ashley Robbins (8)
• Hunter (8)
• Labrador / Grey Tabby (8)
• Lark (8)
• Magolor (7)
• Leaf (7)
• EVE (6)
• Loid (6)
• Diskun (6)
• Tamagon (5)
• Celice (4)
• Teddy (4)
• Hero of Magic Starsign (4)
[/COLLAPSE]

Oh, and Star, can you link me to that forum and the thread? I wanna see

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Exactly, Yoshi has not received a new game so I did not give him a new stage. Yoshi's Island is already a great stage and I cannot what would prompt a new Yoshi stage? Unless Sakurai decides to revisit Yoshi's Story? But he has done that stage three times already, is a fourth really necessary? As for F-Zero, F-Zero received a new stage to correlate with a character I think is very likely. Earthbound is probably going to receive a new stage because, well, if it doesn't there probably won't be an Earthbound stage... The Melee stages likely won't be coming back, and given how despised New Pork City is I doubt Sakurai is going to go through the effort of bringing that stage back. That means Earthbound has to have a new stage, Saturn Valley does the trick.
[sarcasm]NOW NOW, let's remember Sakurai's apparent care for relevancy.[/sarcasm]

:awesome:

Summit, Mario Bros., and both Flat Zones, as well as Luigi's Mansion, Pictochat, 75m, and Delfino Plaza say otherwise.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Oh, and Star, can you link me to that forum and the thread? I wanna see
This is when I introduced it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=34869918&postcount=2727

Sir Ilpalazzo, or however you spell his name, drops by every now and then.

[sarcasm]NOW NOW, let's remember Sakurai's apparent care for relevancy.[/sarcasm]

:awesome:

Summit, Mario Bros., and both Flat Zones, as well as Luigi's Mansion, Pictochat, 75m, and Delfino Plaza say otherwise.
Actually there is some truth that new games, or ones released in the interim between Smash Bros titles, tend to influence stages more than anything else.

Summit and Flat Zone 2: Both Ice Climbers and G&W needed new stages as both Melee stages did not return.
Pictochat and Delfino Plaza: Released, or created, after Melee.
Luigi's Mansion: Was released two months prior to Melee, so it fell into the Mario Galaxy category.
75m: Was a popular stage request, although more specifically as 25m.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
The REAL reason K. Rool wasn't in Brawl.

GY: Just saw a comment of yours on a King K. Rool Ship Deck 2 video.
GoldenYuiitusin(on Youtube) said:
Sad to say, Dixie can't be a clone. Diddy has a tail, Dixie does not. Diddy has a Peanut Popgun. Dixie does not. Diddy has Rocketbarrels. Dixie does not. Dixie has a ponytail that she can attack and fly with. Diddy does not. Dixie has a guitar. Diddy does not.
Um... What? DK64 begs to differ. :laugh:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Third Party characters. As you may know, I am not a fan. Nooooope. No how, no way. I am, however, into ONE way of including them. And that way is this. Five. No more. No less. FIVE of them. The five being, from the BIG FIVE (I'm coining this term). SEGA, Konami, Square Enix, Namco, and Capcom. And this is what the roster would look like:

Sonic (No one else. SEGA has no one else who can trump him)
Snake / Bomberman (Bombs is by ALL LOGIC a smarter addition to a Nintendo game than Snake, but Snake made it in, so... I'm just giving pointing out this option)
Megaman / Ryu (Someone is going to cry if we don't get Megaman, and I don't care. Ryu is a great choice. Don't make me goes salesy on your ***. We would get Chris or Jill if I did. Anyways, Ryu is a good choice, and so is Megaman, either would be dandy)
Black Mage / Slime (No Sora, and screw Cloud. We could go with Chocobo, but I think BMage is much more iconic, as is FF in general)
Pac-Man (I wanna put Nightmare on here, but I know better. Let it be known though, I love me some SC)

Boom. That's how I wanna see third parties done. No Ubisoft, no Level-5 none of dem. I want my big five, and that's it.

And I edited it Yani

D

Deleted member

The REAL reason K. Rool wasn't in Brawl.

GY: Just saw a comment of yours on a King K. Rool Ship Deck 2 video.

Um... What? DK64 begs to differ. :laugh:
Lol, that was made before I remembered that he had one in DK64.

How I would do 3rd Parties: Snake, Sonic, and Mega Man. Boom. Done. I wouldn't mind plenty of others, but these three are enough, honestly.
Heck, for all I care, just leave Snake and Sonic as is. It's clear Sakurai wanted Snake only, just to add Sonic due to sheer demand and popularity.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I doubt it was Plusle and Minum, mostly because they did not have their own separate spots like Diddy/Dixie, Zelda/Sheik, Samus/ZS Samus, or even Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik.
So many people say this, but the only other option was it was a random button. If you guys are so sure it wasn't Plusle and Minun or something along that lines, why don't you guys just say "I think it was a random button"=???

Also eoww Chrono. I couldn't stand Brinstar Depths. Too glitchy. But I loved Kraid's appearance, the location, and the music. That theme is just so awesome, it's beyond words.

Fourside was okay, the glitches aside, although it was absolutely nothing like anything out of EarthBound (the same goes for Onett). I just didn't like the glitches. I think Fourside would be a lot better with the new mechanics in Brawl (roof techning and whatnot).

@ Starphoenix
Rumble Falls wouldn't be considered a "bad stage" if it moved slower (like in Balanced Brawl). In Balanced Brawl it is actually really fun to play. The same goes with Mushroomy Kingdom, especially Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Third Party characters. As you may know, I am not a fan. Nooooope. No how, no way. I am, however, into ONE way of including them. And that way is this. Five. No more. No less. FIVE of them. The five being, from the BIG FIVE (I'm coining this term). SEGA, Konami, Square Enix, Namco, and Capcom. And this is what the roster would look like:

Sonic (No one else. SEGA has no one else who can trump him)
Snake / Bomberman (Bombs is by ALL LOGIC a smarter addition to a Nintendo game than Snake, but Snake made it in, so... I'm just giving pointing out this option)
Megaman / Ryu (Someone is going to cry if we don't get Megaman, and I don't care. Ryu is a great choice. Don't make me goes salesy on your ***. We would get Chris or Jill if I did. Anyways, Ryu is a good choice, and so is Megaman, either would be dandy)
Black Mage / Slime (No Sora, and screw Cloud. We could go with Chocobo, but I think BMage is much more iconic, as is FF in general)
Pac-Man (I wanna put Nightmare on here, but I know better. Let it be known though, I love me some SC)

Boom. That's how I wanna see third parties done. No Ubisoft, no Level-5 none of dem. I want my big five, and that's it.
Pretty much hits the nail on the head. Just from your poll alone it is quite clear people prefer Sonic and Snake above all the others. Megaman makes sense, although I would prefer Megaman X I know it will end up being Classic. Choosing a Square Enix character is hard for me, but I still side with Dragon Quest. I am actually a lot more open to Pac Man thanks to SFxT. You have to admit Pac Man in that mech would be an interesting fighter.

Sonic the Hedgehog
Solid Snake
Megaman
Slime (aka Rocket)

I'm set.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Golden
Agreed. Mega Man, Sonic, and Snake are really all we "need." Pac-Man would definitely be a worthy choice, though, given how popular he is and how important Pac-Man is to gaming. Heck, Pac-Man was the Mario before Mario.

Slime or the Black Mage have some merit, and maybe even Ryu (Ninja Gaiden; he was a huge 3rd party character on the NES) have some important history with Nintendo. I wouldn't mind Tails, though, given how important he is to the Sonic series (and how important the SEGA/Nintendo rivalry was in the 90's).

D

Deleted member

@ Golden
Agreed. Mega Man, Sonic, and Snake are really all we "need." Pac-Man would definitely be a worthy choice, though, given how popular he is and how important Pac-Man is to gaming. Heck, Pac-Man was the Mario before Mario.

Slime or the Black Mage have some merit, and maybe even Ryu (Ninja Gaiden; he was a huge 3rd party character on the NES) have some important history with Nintendo. I wouldn't mind Tails, though, given how important he is to the Sonic series (and how important the SEGA/Nintendo rivalry was in the 90's).
This. I'd rather have characters like Gray Fox and Tails than a bunch of other 3rd Party series.

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
Exactly, Yoshi has not received a new game so I did not give him a new stage. Yoshi's Island is already a great stage and I cannot what would prompt a new Yoshi stage? Unless Sakurai decides to revisit Yoshi's Story? But he has done that stage three times already, is a fourth really necessary?
There was Yoshi's Island DS in November 2006, but that should really only factor into the 3DS Smash Bros.

People HATED Yoshi's Story. They're probably not going to pull that one again. By the way, only 2 stages in the Smash Bros. series were Yoshi's Story related. Yoshi's Island (Melee) derives from Super Mario World.

My stage wishlist list got ignored, but if you read it over, you'll know I think it's time Sakurai looked into the individual worlds in Yoshi's Island (SNES). This time, I'm hoping they do a stage based on World 5, which is an icy mountain and sky world. Why not make that the next Yoshi stage?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
There was Yoshi's Island DS in November 2006, but that should really only factor into the 3DS Smash Bros.

People HATED Yoshi's Story. They're probably not going to pull that one again. By the way, only 2 stages in the Smash Bros. series were Yoshi's Story related. Yoshi's Island (Melee) derives from Super Mario World.

My stage wishlist list got ignored, but if you read it over, you'll know I think it's time Sakurai looked into the individual worlds in Yoshi's Island (SNES). This time, I'm hoping they do a stage based on World 5, which is an icy mountain and sky world. Why not make that the next Yoshi stage?
Actually the Yoshi's Island stage in Brawl is based off of Yoshi's Island DS. Says so in the icon. Sad to hear about Yoshi's Story, I love that game. :(

Your list was not overlooked I just have not had the chance to respond to it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I liked both the Yoshi's Story game and course. But eh.

We have gotten a Yoshi, Kirby, and Donkey Kong past course every single game. I doubt that quota won't be filled.

Then Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Pokemon, Earthbound, and F-Zero got added to the mix.

Other series might get past courses, but I do expect those 8 by default.

yani

Smash Lord
I'm cool with just Snake & Sonic. I understand Mega Man is a popular choice too, so why not? I love Pac-Man too so no complaints. I'm not really interested in Square reps. Just their Nintendo characters :smirk:

But if I had to pick a Square rep, it'd be Slime.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
This. I'd rather have characters like Gray Fox and Tails than a bunch of other 3rd Party series.
I'm not sure about Gray Fox (I think Revolver Ocelot is the obvious #2 for the Metal Gear franchise), but Tails definitely would make sense.. Heck, they could throw in Tails and Knuckles... just because I like Knuckles a lot. ;)

Still, I kinda have a hard time seeing Mega Man as solely a 3rd party character. Growing up I always viewed him as a Nintendo character because he was the star of a big series on Nintendo console games. Plus he was probably the biggest 3rd party character in the NES/SNES-era of Nintendo. Really, I think, in a way, that makes him a Nintendo character. Really, you can't have Nintendo being as popular as it is without Mega Man. The original Mega Man games were a big reason why the NES and Famicom got to be so popular. Heck, Mega Man was even on that weird (and inaccurate) Captain N cartoon! :laugh:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
What are your guess in regards to total amount of playable characters? My guess is anywhere from a minimum of 39 to a maximum of 53.

yani

Smash Lord
Still, I kinda have a hard time seeing Mega Man as solely a 3rd party character. Growing up I always viewed him as a Nintendo character because he was the star of a big series on Nintendo console games. Plus he was probably the biggest 3rd party character in the NES/SNES-era of Nintendo. Really, I think, in a way, that makes him a Nintendo character. Really, you can't have Nintendo being as popular as it is without Mega Man. The original Mega Man games were a big reason why the NES and Famicom got to be so popular. Heck, Mega Man was even on that weird (and inaccurate) Captain N cartoon! :laugh:
Same for me & Banjo Kazooie. Rare was the N64! Microsoft:glare::glare::glare::glare:

What are your guess in regards to total amount of playable characters? My guess is anywhere from a minimum of 39 to a maximum of 53.
48 +/- 2. Not including transformations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom