• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Star you might find thisinteresting too.

Apologize if link doesn't work, on my phone now.

:phone:
Whatever it is, it is going to look beautiful on the Wii U I know that. Who knows, maybe they will revive or create a new series.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
All of this Rare discussion is causing me to reminisce over how much I loved Diddy Kong Racing back in the day.

My childhood. :'(

I WORKED MY BUTT OFF FOR THAT STUPID CLOCK CHARACTER!
Haha, yeah Tic-Toc and Drumstick took forever to get. I still don't get why Donkey Kong wasn't playable in that game, though. If they made another Diddy Kong Racing game, it would be awesome if they included actual Donkey Kong characters (I know Diddy Kong Racing DS had Tiny and Dixie, but I mean more) and you could race on some of the animal buddies the Kongs have.
I loved Diddy Kong Racing as well a great deal.

If you feel old, I actually even remember the promotional video that was given away to promote the Nintendo 64 back in the summer of 1996.
I still have the VHS of that. I remember I heard 36 bananas was the maximum you could get, but my cousin and I thought once you got 36, you could face Wizpig instantly, lol! :laugh: It turns out all they did was make you go the maximum possible speed. :glare:

@ Starphoenix
Sweet. Hopefully they make the next "Barrel Roll" game (
Star Fox
) have a more interesting art direction. Quite honestly, Adventures, Assault, and Command had terrible art, plot, and game play directions.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Whatever it is, it is going to look beautiful on the Wii U I know that. Who knows, maybe they will revive or create a new series.
I would like to see Retro Studios try their hand at making a new series. However, I have a feeling their next title will either be Metroid Prime 4 (or whatever the next first person Metroid is called) or the resurrection of another Nintendo series.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@ Starphoenix
Sweet. Hopefully they make the next "Barrel Roll" game (
Star Fox
) have a more interesting art direction. Quite honestly, Adventures, Assault, and Command had terrible art, plot, and game play directions.
Adventures was fine for the most part. I'd like to see them go back to the fur shading from that game. If you want to show off a system's power, you can't go wrong with that.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
This is the kind of crap that kept me away from Sony. Say what you want about Nintendo, but their advertisements did not give me nightmares.

http://youtu.be/0dpzhMMFk5U
http://youtu.be/i_u_AZjYm0A

I would like to see Retro Studios try their hand at making a new series. However, I have a feeling their next title will either be Metroid Prime 4 (or whatever the next first person Metroid is called) or the resurrection of another Nintendo series.

I agree. If for no other reason but to give them some room to breathe.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What do you guys think of each character getting their own emblem? We've already seen this in the Mario games. To be fair, though, this would be pretty difficult for some characters. I'm having a hard time as it is picturing what the Zelda characters would have for each character.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
No, and I also don't think that Luigi, Paper Mario, or Geno should have their own emblems.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am most likely not going to get another home console after the Wii U (heck, I have not even decided whether I am getting the Wii U). I am looking forward to see a generation leap of graphics for franchises such as Zelda and Metroid, however, I don't think graphics are really necessary for their other major properties such as Mario, DK, and Kirby. I am more looking forward to see if the Wii U has any special features to it.

I have mostly just been playing my games I have bought over the years. However, I am definitely looking forward to Kid Icarus Uprising.

On a sidenote, its eery how quiet Nintendo has been about the Wii U. There has been basically nothing about the system since its debut at E3 last year. I am also noticing much less hype for the Wii U than there was for the Wii (even after it came out that the Wii's controller was a motion-controlled remote and its graphics were not up 360/PS3 level).

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I don't buy anything that isn't a fighting game, Smash or Mario Kart. I'm done pretending like I enjoy anything else. Skyward Sword was 100% a mistake to buy :I

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Adventures was fine for the most part. I'd like to see them go back to the fur shading from that game. If you want to show off a system's power, you can't go wrong with that.
Don't get me wrong, Adventures was a fairly good game, but it wasn't very memorable at all. All I remember is like weird green skinned enemies, the dumb dinosaur kid, Krystal, some interesting Arwing levels, and Fox wielding a staff.
On a sidenote, its eery how quiet Nintendo has been about the Wii U. There has been basically nothing about the system since its debut at E3 last year. I am also noticing much less hype for the Wii U than there was for the Wii (even after it came out that the Wii's controller was a motion-controlled remote and its graphics were not up 360/PS3 level).
Nintendo is saving the hype. I am expecting Nintendo to unveil some BIG games for the Wii U, which may include the next F-Zero, a future Wario Ware and/or Ware Land title, Pikmin 3, the next canon Mario game, Smash Bros. Wii U, Zelda Wii U, Mario Kart Wii U, the next Metroid (I expect a brand new step in the series), and the next Star Fox title. I expect at least two or three of those to be shown/revealed sometime this year.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I don't buy anything that isn't a fighting game, Smash or Mario Kart. I'm done pretending like I enjoy anything else. Skyward Sword was 100% a mistake to buy :I
I pretty much enjoy all of the series that have playable characters in Smash Bros., with the exception of Metal Gear and Ice Climber. I have not played ROB's games though.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
ROB's games are a joke even with ROB himself. Personally I only bought a copy for the Pin Converter inside.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Chrono, please don't ever put Metal Gear in the same sentence as Ice Climber again. Metal Gear deserves better than to be compared to that garbage game... :laugh:
Metal Gear is certainly a quality series. I just don't enjoy it. Ice Climber though is definitely sub-par.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Enjoy =/= must buy for me though. I enjoy OoT, but I will NEVER buy it. ect.

Oh, I like a lot of different racers, not just Mario kart.

Just tell me you're gonna get on SC5 (if you haven't already) and SFxTK ASAP.
Oh, and I like Pokemon, WAY TOO MUCH. And, if they come out on 3DS or Wii U :I

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Just tell me you're gonna get on SC5 (if you haven't already) and SFxTK ASAP.

I, myself, have no interest in Fire Emblem and Pokemon to a certain extent, but I can easily get back into loving that one.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Honestly the only series with playable characters in smash I am not too interested are the Ice Climber (just one game though) and Gyromite/ROB (it is funny looking, though). The rest I pretty much love.

Anyways, it is getting late, so I'm hitting the hay. Talk to y'all later! :cool:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

Midna4Smash.

I want that costume. SO ****ING BAD.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
*Yawn*

Soooo what has happened here WHOAAA

Maan, I totally hate the fact how Rare just had to leave Nintendo with all the goodiness they did with em, and ever worse is that Rare started to go more inferior from there...
Just think Banjo-Kazooie in Gamecube! Or Wii! Or so many else!

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
*Yawn*

Soooo what has happened here WHOAAA

Maan, I totally hate the fact how Rare just had to leave Nintendo with all the goodiness they did with em, and ever worse is that Rare started to go more inferior from there...
Just think Banjo-Kazooie in Gamecube! Or Wii! Or so many else!
Conker Bad Fur Day 3D. If that happens then my life will crumble to pieces. Conker Bad Fur Day ruined my childhood

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
If conker somehow gets into ssb4, I'm not buying the game. Seriously.

That game was freakin hilarious :laugh: But Conker's one of those Rare fellows, ain't he?

So, no really good news, except this:

Serebii said:
For those of you with the English language games, the Mewtwo WiFi event is live a day early. This event is accessible by all English language games and is due to end on either February 26th or March 6th. This Mewtwo is special in that it knows moves it should learn at a later point and one it doesn't naturally learn: Psystrike, Shadow Ball, Aura Sphere and Electro Ball so be sure to get it while you still can.
The reason why they cannot identify the end point is because two official websites are stating two different end-times. Websites: Get yo **** together!

EDIT: Ok, we may have some Grey news, but with photo proof.
http://i.imgur.com/IwnFE.jpg
Photo's a scan of CoroCoro, but Idk if it's real or not. I'll look into it.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Who gives a **** Pichu

I want this stage back SO MUCH. Love the theme, love the gimmick, love the background. I'm glad the song is in Brawl, truly I am, but if we get stages from every previous Smash(PLEASE JEEZUM), Brinstar Depths simply MUST. Regular ol' Brinstar already has.
Oh god, YES PLEASE

This too!

Same for me & Banjo Kazooie. Rare was the N64! Microsoft:glare::glare::glare::glare:

48 +/- 2. Not including transformations.
Dammit, y'all are making me nostalgiac again :(

All of this Rare discussion is causing me to reminisce over how much I loved Diddy Kong Racing back in the day.

My childhood. :'(

I WORKED MY BUTT OFF FOR THAT STUPID CLOCK CHARACTER!

WHAT THE HECK? O_O
This isn't helping, dammit, I LOVED DDR :cry:

Don't get me wrong, Adventures was a fairly good game, but it wasn't very memorable at all. All I remember is like weird green skinned enemies, the dumb dinosaur kid, Krystal, some interesting Arwing levels, and Fox wielding a staff.

Nintendo is saving the hype. I am expecting Nintendo to unveil some BIG games for the Wii U, which may include the next F-Zero, a future Wario Ware and/or Ware Land title, Pikmin 3, the next canon Mario game, Smash Bros. Wii U, Zelda Wii U, Mario Kart Wii U, the next Metroid (I expect a brand new step in the series), and the next Star Fox title. I expect at least two or three of those to be shown/revealed sometime this year.
F-Zero Wii U... PLZ let this happen!

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Too many imagination popping up. Can y'all at least think a little more, please?

You guys are predicting a lot of 3rd party characters. And most of the character's attacks and movements could be unfair and broken. :/

Just Saiyan.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The general consensus is, that IF 3rd-parties are coming back, Mega Man is the only new one to actually expect.

I guess a few pages back we were discussing Slime, Pac-Man, and probably some more junk, but they don't really have high hopes.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
But would we really know that megaman will be in ssb4?
Although there was games of him on Nes/snes, it's still looking like it is only for capcom to decide.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=305536

This guy brings up some good points.
Most notably that "Pra" and "Mai" are typically nicknames for the two in Japan. I'm starting to be convinced that it was them after all.
And that Pichu having no data in the game could lead to P+M being his intended replacements.
His entire argument is "No in Japan ever did it." I call BS because I doubt the kid knows about the entirety of Japanese history. It's actually the random box, not Plusel and Minun.

-Ice Climbers have two files where Pra-Mai has one
-No characters has abbreviated names. Even zero suit Samus is spelled out
-There is no other file for the random box
-Pra_mai can also be short hand for "every player"

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
That game was freakin hilarious :laugh: But Conker's one of those Rare fellows, ain't he?

So, no really good news, except this:

The reason why they cannot identify the end point is because two official websites are stating two different end-times. Websites: Get yo **** together!

EDIT: Ok, we may have some Grey news, but with photo proof.
http://i.imgur.com/IwnFE.jpg
Photo's a scan of CoroCoro, but Idk if it's real or not. I'll look into it.
Hmm nice find Asage I think Keldeo is supposed to get revealed in a few days too.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
WELL, Mega Man's the only one exceedingly popular enough to be able to make it. No one else really comes close. If not Mega Man, then no one else. He's not even on the level Sonic was back in the Brawl days.

THE WAY I SEE IT.

@SmashChu: I doubt it's the random box.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The general consensus is, that IF 3rd-parties are coming back, Mega Man is the only new one to actually expect.

I guess a few pages back we were discussing Slime, Pac-Man, and probably some more junk, but they don't really have high hopes.
Hey you, don't diss Slime! Actually do not diss anyone from Square Enix, frankly. In Japan there are probably more requests for a Square Enix character than anyone else.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
WELL I LIKE SLIME BUT HIS CHANCES ARE JUNK.

I probably like him more than Mega Man since he's so ridiculous, lol.

And cute. :3

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
WELL, Mega Man's the only one exceedingly popular enough to be able to make it. No one else really comes close. If not Mega Man, then no one else. He's not even on the level Sonic was back in the Brawl days.
I agree. But just to make sure, there needs to be a petition and a ton of messages to capcom so the chances can increase in the future. Thus, making megaman playable.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Too many imagination popping up. Can y'all at least think a little more, please?

You guys are predicting a lot of 3rd party characters. And most of the character's attacks and movements could be unfair and broken. :/

Just Saiyan.
You're right. Let's nerf Snake and make him older. New character approaches :troll:

Any thoughts on my find for Grey, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom