• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
NEW STAGE:

Nintendo 3DS Sound.

You fight on the WAVELENGTH which acts as the main platform. It will move according to the sound it picks up. The parakeets fly around, acting as shifting platforms. OR, you can just hit them and they'll make a random noise using one of the sound files you have saved.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yeah, I'm seeing Mushroomy over Delfino myself. I love Pictochat, but I see them making a similar stage based uopn a more recent product. As for Onett and Hyrule Temple, I don't know. To be honest, the way past stages have returned has been kinda funny, Sector Z is pretty much Corneria and Dreamland became Green Greens in a way in the jump from SSB to Melee. In fact, most of the original stages were reinterpreted for Melee. I would like to see something like this, where beloved location become reimagined for new installments.
That is why I brought back Sector Z. If no Melee stages return that would eliminate Corneria. That would mean no Great Fox stage. So, my intuition tells me Sakurai may look towards Star Fox 3D and bring back a revamped Sector Z. If anything more for the 3DS than the Wii U.

The Desk from Smash 64's intro would make for a good stage
Actually I am thinking more along the line of Chibi Robo.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Oh god, Sector Z returning would be TOO great

Dat background remade in HD graphics...

Chibi Robo? You mean that game about the little robot who had to stay charged all the time?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wait a minute do you realy ask why Waluigi isn't in a main stream Mario game ? :awesome:

Edit: And Wario is a bad guy who have no reason to help mario =/ I still don't see why he was used in super mario 64 DS.
Because Wario isn't an actual bad guy. He's an Anti-Hero. He was a bad guy ONCE. And a hero(or close to) in the rest.

And Miyamoto didn't make Waluigi, Hudson did. Hudson is getting shut down. That's MOST likely why he wasn't in Mario Kart 7. So he may disappear off the face of the planet since the creators are gone.

Wario will do whatever he can if it gets him cash. Help Mario? Sure, because he'll get payed in the end by taking most(or all) of the coins. It's really not hard to make him a reasonable choice or to make him fit in.

Re:Stages: They've always remade Mushroom Kingdom in each game, and haven't brought it back. As for a course, that's hard to say. Luigi's Mansion probably will be the only one.

Also, the returning courses were only of the SERIES from the first Smash. Thus, Metroid, F-Zero, Mario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, StarFox, Pokemon and Earthbound have ever gotten returning courses so far. So it might not change in the next Smash. I don't see any one-off non-character series having much of a chance of a return. So, no Hanenbow, etc.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yep, your poll received quite a bit of votes from the Smash community over at NeoGAF.
Did you take it over there? I trust you, I just, don't want like, some random craz taking it to BandanaDee4Smash.com or anything like that.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Why stop at Sector Z?

WHERE IS YOUR SENSE OF ADVENTURE?

The Great Fox should be just as it is in Brawl/Melee, except it warps from planet to planet. It always starts in Corneria, and ends in Venom. Of course, after Venom, it just resets back to Corneria. WHAT HAPPENS IN BETWEEN IS RANDOM.

There's so many locations in the Lylat System to choose from, I dunno why they went with such boring ones in Lylat Cruise. They weren't even recognizable!

I can understand that wasn't the point, but IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
And Miyamoto didn't make Waluigi, Hudson did. Hudson is getting shut down. That's MOST likely why he wasn't in Mario Kart 7. So he may disappear off the face of the planet since the creators are gone.
Just when I remove your QUOTE from my signature, saying how you thought Rare made Star Fox, you go and do this. Camelot made Waluigi.

DO SOME RESEARCH.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Wow Oasis. Using size 4 font to advertise something, that's so my thing.

Not friends anymore.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Because Wario isn't an actual bad guy. He's an Anti-Hero. He was a bad guy ONCE. And a hero(or close to) in the rest.

Wario will do whatever he can if it gets him cash. Help Mario? Sure, because he'll get payed in the end by taking most(or all) of the coins. It's really not hard to make him a reasonable choice or to make him fit in.
Touché.
And don't make me dream for Waluigi, please, he will stay just to make us unhappy.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481

Nope. waluigi was made by Camelot.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Xhampi: Hey, he got full movement in Brawl. Sakurai apparently has some liking for the guy. He even got a Trophy twice.

@Zzuxon: I keep forgetting that. Admittably, Hudson uses him the most, I believe. Weren't they the first ones to give him a story-related role in Mario Party 3?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Also i don't know if it was asked before so what do you think about this as a stage:

The pokemon dream world.
Whoa, blew me there. That's going right in my VVV blog in Stages. Thanks for the great idea there.

Yeah, Dream World is HUGE, so no doubt bringing a STAGE that involves it would be intelligent.

@Metal Atta boy. Pokemon Forever, baby!

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
Even I wouldn't expect Smash 4 to take until 2017. Something tells me 2015. After all, Brawl's development took from October 2005 to January 2008, a span of 2 1/4 years. If Smash 4 took exactly 1 year longer to develop, it would take from this April until July 2015.

I expect to shatter the calm with this comment about music, but...: If each stage should have an average of 5 choices for music, every stage should have only music that pertains to the recurring environment. For example, a Gang-Plank Galleon stage should only use tracks such as Gang-Plank Galleon (DKC), Lockjaw's Saga (DKC2), Jib Jig (DKC2), Snake Shanty (DKC2), and Gloomy Galleon (DK64).

Now, about the maps. The first Zelda stage I'm hoping for is LaNayru Desert, because... out of the 5 Zelda stages, Hyrule Castle (#103), Great Bay (#205), Hyrule Temple (#206), Bridge of Eldin (#304), and Pirate Ship (#331), none of them have exactly been towns, except for Great Bay to a very short extent, and even that wasn't as civilization-like as the nearby Zora Hall. This is why I can't expect Skyloft.

And where does Cursed Shadow keep all those SSB4 character rectangles?

Here is my starter stage wish-list:
1. Either Comet Observatory or Starship Mario (Super Mario Galaxy arc)
2. Either Good Egg or Sky Station Galaxy (Super Mario Galaxy arc)
3. Vine Valley (DK Country)
4. Either Gang-Plank or Gloomy Galleon (DK64)
5. Lake Floria (Zelda: Skyword)
6. LaNayru Desert (Zelda: Skyward Sword)
7. Elysia (Metroid Prime 3: Corruption)
8. Pirate Homeworld (Metroid Prime 3: Corruption)
9. Mountain/Cloud World (Yoshi's Island)
10. Onion Ocean (Kirby: Return to Dream Land)
11. Nutty Noon (Kirby: Return to Dream Land)
12. Meteor (StarFox)
13. Area 6 (StarFox)
14. Pokemon Collosseum
15. Any Sand Ocean course (F-ZERO GX)
16. Twoson (EarthBound)
17. Any landmark in the Daein Empire (FE: Path of Radiance)
18. One Wario stage
19. Perplexing Pool (Pikmin 2)
20. The City (Animal Crossing: City Folk)
21. Giant Swamp (Super Mario Bros. 3)
22. Icicle Lake (Ice Climber, stage made from scratch)
23. Underworld (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
24. Battlefield (with night forest theme)
25. Final Destination (with desert theme)

D

Deleted member

I don't see why SSBF should give up, I mean, I support Waluigi. Does he not know the **** I have to go through with Waluigi haters, while still keeping my support?

All he has to deal with are those that want Zoroark more. I have to deal with Toad supporters, Paper Mario supporters, Bowser Jr. supporters, Daisy supporters (on occasion), and Waluigi haters. And that's also them ignoring the fact I support Toad, Bowser Jr., and somewhat Paper Mario and Daisy. That's right. The flak I get is just because I also support Waluigi.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Just to say what was mentioned earlier. Hanenbow is absolutely horrible and so are Mario Bros., 75m, Icicle Mountain (take away the lack of frction and the fish and we'll talk), Flat Zone 2, Mushroomy Kingdom, Distant Planet, and ESPECIALLY NEW PORK CITY. Wario Ware is a slight exception as taking away the hazards make it suck less. Same goes for Port Town.

Just because a design is unique doesn't mean it's good. I hope Sakurai realized that from Brawl. It's strange, but I'd like to see development look back at 64 and then go from there. It's got the basics of the series' design. No overly complicated DI work, no C-Stick, no momentum canceling. Best of all, the stages feel like extractions from the actual games and don't play crappy.

And as I've said several times, if you want to build support the right way, do stuff like posting art work on Sakurai's twitter or something. If that can work for Poison, it's worth a shot.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I never had a problem with Distant Planet to be honest. I'm not too competitively knowledgeable, so Kuma, can you tell me some of the "bad things" about it? I actually wanna know. /and also too lazy to look it up...

@Asage Did you see my Black and White Stage Concept from the other day?

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Distant planet isn't horrible and icicle mountain should lose the fish and increase the traction but it should still be somewhat slippery. (would make a good IC CP)

@opposum
There's a walk off, the OHKO monster, the water interferes too much.

:phone:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I never had a problem with Distant Planet to be honest. I'm not too competitively knowledgeable, so Kuma, can you tell me some of the "bad things" about it? I actually wanna know. /and also too lazy to look it up...

@Asage Did you see my Black and White Stage Concept from the other day?
Out of the ones I mentioned, it's probably the one with the least few problems. Mind you, I don't play competitively so this is just my opinion.

My problems with include feeling like a generic design, the rain making one part of the stage unusable, and said stage element makes walk-offs stupid. Compare this to the Mario Kart stage which is much larger and size and the proper idiot proof mechanics can make it more manageable.

@disfunkshunal
IDK, if I were to want any of the slipperiness back, it'd just be like Luigi's stop animation where he goes farther than Mario. That's it.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Just to say what was mentioned earlier. Hanenbow is absolutely horrible and so are Mario Bros., 75m, Icicle Mountain (take away the lack of frction and the fish and we'll talk), Flat Zone 2, Mushroomy Kingdom, Distant Planet, and ESPECIALLY NEW PORK CITY. Wario Ware is a slight exception as taking away the hazards make it suck less. Same goes for Port Town.

Just because a design is unique doesn't mean it's good. I hope Sakurai realized that from Brawl. It's strange, but I'd like to see development look back at 64 and then go from there. It's got the basics of the series' design. No overly complicated DI work, no C-Stick, no momentum canceling. Best of all, the stages feel like extractions from the actual games and don't play crappy.

And as I've said several times, if you want to build support the right way, do stuff like posting art work on Sakurai's twitter or something. If that can work for Poison, it's worth a shot.
STAGES SHOULDN'T MOVE. THEY AREN'T BALANCED. WHAAAAAA.

What I read.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Why don't you say something beyond your noncontributing post, Chu?

I just don't like the idea of a moving stage. There's nothing wrong with that. Again, the simplest of the three Smash games had relatively static stages and I never hear any problems with those save for Saffron being banned whenever Ness is involved.

@Oasis
Why so much hate against tournament players?

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Out of the ones I mentioned, it's probably the one with the least few problems. Mind you, I don't play competitively so this is just my opinion.

My problems with include feeling like a generic design, the rain making one part of the stage unusable, and said stage element makes walk-offs stupid. Compare this to the Mario Kart stage which is much larger and size and the proper idiot proof mechanics can make it more manageable.

@disfunkshunal
IDK, if I were to want any of the slipperiness back, it'd just be like Luigi's stop animation where he goes farther than Mario. That's it.
That's what would make it a good CP as long as it isn't as slippery as it is in brawl because that's over kill. Ice climbers have poorish traction on every other board, why not give them one where they have perfect traction

:phone:

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
Customizable moveset, if they don't become the new Fighting Team.

That, and the announcer was actually asked to do a fun announcement of the characters that people wanted.

Among them were Mii, Ridley, Krystal, and MegaMan, notably.
I think that was fan made, though.

Anyway...

Regarding the whole "Miis should be playable" and the moveset thing... Some of you might not like these examples, but... ever heard of Capcom Vs SNK 2's groove system? I say adapt a similar mechanic.

Let's look at body types. We've got skinny, normal, and fat.

Now let's look at height types. We've got short, normal, and tall.

Now, with these six combinations in mind, we pick one from each group and combine them to get a varied amount of movesets that would fit the specific Mii in question. Short and skinny? You get Mario, Kirby, Y/TLink, Olimar as possible moveset choices... Fat and tall? Bowser, Charizard, Donkey Kong. Just plain normal in both accounts? Link, Falcon, Luigi...

Or, if you feel like that wouldn't work, I'd like to imply a star system, reminiscent of Sonic Battle, having our Mii being the equivalent of Emerl. As you unlock a character, however, you unlock all of his moves (Let's face it, it'd probably be boring if you could only get a move or two unlocked per battle). With this star system, you have a set fighting style for your Mii that can be balanced (seeing as Mii-moves would be nerfed or buffed according to the original move that is emulated).

These are just ideas, and I'm not really with the whole idea of Miis being fighters, but if it happens, might as well be a well implemented thought out system that, hopefully, won't be abused (unless hacked).

Off-the-record, should the Mii be Wi-Fi available or not? If he does, there should be specific ranks (organized by fighting skill OR by Mii star ratings).

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I hope all stages are banned in competitive play so the tourney**** won't try to ruin this game too.
How does competitive play ruin the game for you? I'm seriously curious because the change from melee to brawl shows that sakurai does not care at all for the competitive community and any of the things they ban are for tourneys only.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
While it does seem logical to give a character a home field advantage, that doesn't seem like it would work well in this type of game. This isn't Pokemon. This is also why I'm not fond of elemental properties of an attack playing a role in things like matchups.

@LC-DDM
What you're proposing is more of a character creation mode than a custom groove system. The latter is more like Street Fighter X Tekken's gem system. Come to think of it, I wonder if you could use something like that for Peach and her turnips. Land four hits and get access to a stronger turnip for the next 20 seconds.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
How does competitive play ruin the game for you? I'm seriously curious because the change from melee to brawl shows that sakurai does not care at all for the competitive community and any of the things they ban are for tourneys only.
One more word out of you and I'm going to Fox only YOUR Final Destination, and you won't have NO ITEMS left when I'm done with ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom