• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Are you Snakey by any chance?
Nope, I am not. That would actually be ChronoBound's alter ego. It is not difficult to find me on NeoGAF, my username is the same. The only places where I have different usernames are at Gamefaqs and Nsider. Now a days I spend more of my time at Nsider.

Oh cool. I wanted Toad playable. Though if he did dislike him, I say it would affect his chances. Sakurai from what I've gathered does go around to the developers of the original series looking for their approval, like when he went to the Zelda guys for the TP designs. Also, I like your stage choices, but some of the returning stages are a bit iffy in my opinion.
Yeah I would not worry about it. Toad is one of his favorite creations, he just doesn't like him in Mario Kart for whatever reason.

Cool, finally an opportunity to discuss something. What stages do you think are iffy?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Made some changes in my blog. It's called ValiantVictoriousVictini(V.V.V). Go check it out if ya want.

I'm going to be making polls on Serebii and Smogon. Anyone got better sites for me to post polls on?

@lordvaati That's not what I meant.

yani

Smash Lord
Ahh okay. I tend to not pay attention to people's usernames at GAF since it's massive, but I noticed an Oasis type roster so I knew it had to be someone here :awesome:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
you know, after reading up for a while, I now REALLY support Bandana waddle Dee for the game.

I just dismised him as a random Wadle dee, but I was so wrong-beside the playable character thingin RTDL, this guy was th Waddle Dee captain who worked under dedfede and one of you Test your Might opponents in Super Star. in fact, that eath breaking punch could be a perfect Down B or FS for the guy.

anyway, I feel I should contribute something, since I haven't been here in forever.

these are my personal buff/nerf lists-characters I feel should be buffed nerfed, whatever.

Buffs

GanonDorf
Link
Lucas/Ness
Bowser
Captain falcon
Mario
Yoshi
Samus
Jiggs

Nerfs
Meta Knight
Diddy kong
Snake
Falco
Wario

Undecided on
Pokemon Trainer
King DeDeDe
Zelda

everyone else is fine as is IMO.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
you know, after reading up for a while, I now REALLY support Bandana waddle Dee for the game.

I just dismised him as a random Wadle dee, but I was so wrong-beside the playable character thingin RTDL, this guy was th Waddle Dee captain who worked under dedfede and one of you Test your Might opponents in Super Star. in fact, that eath breaking punch could be a perfect Down B or FS for the guy.
That reminds me. I found something really funny in Return to Dream Land. I was playing True Arena with Waddle Dee, and thought, "Hey... Does Waddle Dee have an info page like the Copy Abilities?" I looked, and LITERALLY the first line said, "Hey, it's everybody's idol!" It was so hilarious! :laugh:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Whatchu by mean "iffy", Star?
Oh that was in response to Dekuboy. He disagreed with some of my choices for returning stages in my stage roster I posted yesterday.

Thatta boy! It is even possible he is the same Waddle Dee that helped Kirby in Kirby 64. Who knows...

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Well, I personally doubt 75m, Delfino Plaza and Pictochat will return for starters. But as I said, it's just my opinion. A real solid list, I just want to add that a Pikmin 3 stage will most likely happen (I know there's nothing to work off yet, but just something I think should be kept in mind) and I see Hyrule Temple and Onett returning funnily enough. Temple is a real fan favourite and Onett is just a perfect stage to represent Earthbound.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am still waiting on those Kid Icarus Uprising OVAs to be released. There are six of them planned, and we are now six weeks away from Uprising's released. I am hoping next week, but I can see them pushing them off all the way until two weeks before Uprising's release.

Also, its funny how there has been so little discussion despite it coming out today that "Miyamoto does not like Toad" and Liz not being a lord in FE13. I mentioned earlier today that Toad's chances are volatile (though it was mostly due to his strong competition he has). I don't think the statement means much because there was a statement in which Miyamoto said the opposite (I think Star's theory that it might be some sort of inside joke is plausible).

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Lol, how would you know if that's all he fits in if he's never been in any main series game
Because Waluigi has no unique qualities to make him worthy of being in the greatest video game franchise ever (the canon Mario franchise).

Also, why the heck do people want Krome/Chrome so badly when his game isn't even out yet=??? We don't know anything about him. As far as we know, he's a serial chicken rapist.
There are going to be two reactions from this.

1: Those that believe that a Tekken character is now likely.
2: Those that believe this validates the "pro/tourney" Smash Bros community.
#1 is a big "nope" because Tekken characters, like all fighting game original characters, and dull and uninteresting. Although this definitely goes back to me always bringing up that Pac-Man always has had some chance of appearing in smash bros. Pac-Man would seriously be a perfect fit.
If it took a Tekken developer to make you realize #2, that's silly.
However, I think this confirms that Namco wants a Nintendo/Smash Bros crossover (along with Capcom).

Marvel vs. Capcom vs. Tatsunoko vs. Namco vs. SNK vs. Nintendo for the WINN!!!!
I give up.

I will now admit that Victini has no chance and will be nothing more than a Mew-like Pokeball. Might as well admit that Zoroark will be in since I've been feeling that scenario for awhile.

With that, I do not feel as my presence is necessary anymore and my hype for the game has drained a lot. Goodbye everyone.

:sad:
The jury is still out on what new Pokémon will be playable. The game is literally about half a decade (give or take a year or two) away from coming out. By the time the game is out, I'm going to be out of college (unless something between then and now makes me want to get a Masters Degree), and I'll be in my mid-twenties. Most of you high schoolers will be in college or fresh out of college.

To be quite honest, you should have more reasons to come here than 1 character. Like to annoy Diddy Kong by reminding him old hags won't be in smash... :awesome:

I remember when Ridley was de-confirmed and how sad that made me, but I eventually got over it, and enjoyed Brawl Melee because it is awesome. Besides, it is just one character. There is no reason to put all your hopes in emotions in it. It's like in sports. You want your team to go the distance and win the big dance, but most seasons they are garbage. I'm a 49ers fan, and I've watched them be in the dump for a decade after two decades of owning the league. Then this year, they climbed to the top of the mountain, but fell short in the game that decided who was going to the Super Bowl. It is sad, yes, but you gotta move on. You gotta be more hopefully until tomorrow. "For now, I will lay down and bleed, but I will rise again, and be victorious."

Besides, everyone's favorite character ever, Johnknight1, could still be playable in smash... :awesome:
*goes back to leading the Toon Link fanbase like a cult leader without being emotionally over the top like half of these posts are*
Have you guys seen my poll around other sites? It got a lot of votes recently, and I mean, A LOT. More than usual. Which is weird because Im just not around much anymore.

Anyways, K. Rool, Ridley, Mewtwo, Isaac, Little Mac, Toad, Krystal, and Megaman are always the highest ranking in my poll (There is a decent margin between them and other characters)

Would everyone be dandy if they all just got in Smash?
I would piss myself with excitement if K. Rool, Ridley, Issac, Little Mac, Mewtwo, and Mega Man were in Smash Wii U and/or Smash 3DS. I would be moderately happy for Toad, and (if her character, personality, and symbol of the degrading of the Star Fox brand remains the way it is now) I would be really annoyed if Krystal made it in smash.

By the way guys, if my username on some sites is also faceurhell (and Holy Diver on steam).

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Chrono: Hum, I think they might just come after the game's released, there's been next to nothing shown about the OVA's, even Japan. Not to mention that if they get localised, the dub would surely take sometime too.

I again think that whatever it is, Toad has some big chances. Still supporting him. Whatever Miyamotoh sez.

BTW Chrono, hmm, how to put this, if I drew you as a FE-styled character, how would you be like?

:phone:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Miyamoto doesn't like Toad? ...But he made CLONES of him just for New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Something doesn't add up.

I mean, I can believe Sakurai doesn't, but Miyamoto? ...Yeah, no. Now, if you change Toad to Waluigi, I can totally believe that.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well, I personally doubt 75m, Delfino Plaza and Pictochat will return for starters. But as I said, it's just my opinion. A real solid list, I just want to add that a Pikmin 3 stage will most likely happen (I know there's nothing to work off yet, but just something I think should be kept in mind) and I see Hyrule Temple and Onett returning funnily enough. Temple is a real fan favourite and Onett is just a perfect stage to represent Earthbound.
Well 75m I see coming back because I see one of the arcade stages returning. Since I do not think it will be Mario Bros my vote has gone to 75m. Plus, because I have speculated that we will probably have two new Donkey Kong stages in the next game having a stage other than another jungle motif would probably make more sense. Either way you slice it both of the Brawl Donkey Kong stages weren't very good, so it is just picking your poison in my mind.

Delfino Plaza is actually a recent flip on my part. Before I had always pegged Mushroomy Kingdom as the one I have speculated would probably return, but I have gone back and forth on these two stages. I still may end up switching back later on.

Pictochat is actually a pretty popular stage from what I have seen. It is also pretty unique. I can see it returning.

Onett and Hyrule Temple I do not see returning. Every game has only brought back stages from the game immediately before it. For now there is no precedent to suggest otherwise, but I am not going to say it cannot happen.

As for a Pikmin 3 stage I know we will inevitably have one, but since the game has not been revealed I have nothing to work off. Eventually I will add one onto my list, but for now I have just left it off. The only reason Kid Icarus: Uprising and Luigi's Mansion 2 stages are on my list is I have enough material to be confident on how a stage would work. It's funny how I process it but I have my reasons.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
BTW Chrono, hmm, how to put this, if I drew you as a FE-styled character, how would you be like?

I don't know. My favorite Fire Emblem characters are Alvis (FE4), Canas (FE7), and Fin (FE4/FE5, the older character in my avatar). I guess just draw Crono with a monocle and lord's cape, I don't know.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Alright everyone, I put the list of stages inside the collapse tag this time. For those wanting the list you will find it in there.

[COLLAPSE="S_R"]

Here is the list of stages

1: Starship Mario
2: Luigi's Greater Mansion (Luigi's Mansion 2)
3: Bowser's Castle
4: New Mushroom Kingdom (New Super Mario Bros. Wii)
5: Rainbow Road

6: The Stage
7: Diamond City
8: Sunset Shores
9: The Flying Kroc
10: WuHu Island

11: Underworld (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
12: Skyloft
13: Hyrule Castle
14: Geothermal Power Plant
15: Skytown Elysia

16: N's Castle
17: Tin Tower
18: Cookie Country
19: Fountain Gardens
20: Sector Z

21: Urban Ruins (Sin and Punishment)
22: Saturn Valley
23: Dragon's Altar
24: Red Canyon
25: The Ring

26: Cyber Holosseum
27: New Smashville
28: Elemental Lighthouse
29: Orange Star Headquarters
30: Gluglug Lagoon

31: Final Destination
32: Nintendo
33: Built To Scale (Rhythm Heaven)
34: Gaur Plains
35: Battlefield

The returning stages are self explanatory, but for those that do not wish to look here they are.

1: Delfino Plaza
2: WarioWare
3: Pirate Ship
4: Norfair
5: Lylat Cruise
6: Distant Planet
7: Castle Siege
8: Smashville
9: Yoshi's Island
10: 75m
11: Pokémon Stadium 2
12: The Halberd
13: Port Town: Aero Dive
14: Skytown
15: The Summit
16: Flat Zone 2
17: Pictochat[/COLLAPSE]
Mario series: I'mmah include past stages when I bring this up, but personally I believe both Delfino and Luigi's Mansion are going to be returning stages, and thus I wouldn't think that we'd get a new Luigi's Mansion, even if we are getting a new Luigi's Mansion game. That said, the only thing I'd question here is the lack of a retro stage as well as sticking to Mario Kart. I know Rainbow Road is the logical next step after Mario Circuit, but it still seems slightly redundant with the Mario Galaxy stage there.

Wario Series: Any comment as to how Diamond City will work? Also I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of any Wario Land stage, but I suppose not every series can get two new stages.

DK Series: Seems good. I'd have gone with Krem Quay, but Flying Croc is just as good.

Kid Icarus: I think its a bit early to say what will come from this.

LoZ Series: Hyrule Castle seems a bit....generic. Also its sort of been done. Personally I'd go with a dungeon stage instead.

Metroid Series: Given the Geothermal Powerplant, wouldn't the past stage be better if it were Frigate Orpheon?

Pokemon: I really like Tin Tower, but I feel that its a little samey when paired up with N's Castle. Yeah they are different, but it just feels like the franchise isn't being fully represented, but hey what do I know.

Kirby: Nothing really to mention here.

Star Fox: I've been really hoping for a Sauria stage. Also Sector Z with those looks, and Lylat Cruise are sort of similar, at least aesthetically.

Other Stuff: Not much else to really comment on, since I either don't have anything to say, don't know enough to say, or if I had anything to say it'd be more questioning about how the roster would reflect the stages. Its actually sort of difficult to say anything though without proper descriptions. I guess ICs/G&W didn't get a new stage though, eh? In that case I propose New Smashvile to be snowy.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Miyamoto had good reason to choose Toad, as Toad's size worked with Mario and Luigi in NSMBWii.
He could've chosen Wario and Waluigi too. Or just Wario and Toad. The only thing notable is that he purposely made TWO Toads instead.

Hell, he even said that Peach wasn't playable due to the dress being hard to animate. So... yeah.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Can we all just agree that we haven't played 75M and Hanebow more than like a dozen times=???

Seriously, I haven't played Hanebow since the week I unlocked it. That stage is garbage. The last time I played 75M was on wifi because Sneak (2.0; you might know him guys, because he is awesome) kept choosing it to annoy me one day in our daily one on ones. :laugh:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I like Hanenbow. :3

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I would rather have Impa replace Sheik, Waluigi replace Luigi, Tingle replace Ganondorf, and Krystal replace Falco, than see Hanebow return.

THAT is how strongly I hate Hanebow!!! :mad:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I thought he said peach wasn't playable because her body type was different where as the toads were more similar but I could be wrong.

Hanenbow is fun when you're not serious and don't really intend to fight. Like a pokebrawl or if you turn on smart bombs only and just use them to make the flowers.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I thought he said peach wasn't playable because her body type was different where as the toads were more similar but I could be wrong.

Hanenbow is fun when you're not serious and don't really intend to fight. Like a pokebrawl or if you turn on smart bombs only and just use them to make the flowers.

with Peach he said it was issues with her floating or something.

the problem is you could say the same thing about Waruiowre, but that stage is still fun regardless.

Hanenbow you have to FORCE it to be fun.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
That's entirely subjective, IMO warioware isn't really fun regardless and I don't play seriously on that stage either.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Do you think Hanenbow will return Star?
Does anybody even like that stage?

Mario series: I'mmah include past stages when I bring this up, but personally I believe both Delfino and Luigi's Mansion are going to be returning stages, and thus I wouldn't think that we'd get a new Luigi's Mansion, even if we are getting a new Luigi's Mansion game. That said, the only thing I'd question here is the lack of a retro stage as well as sticking to Mario Kart. I know Rainbow Road is the logical next step after Mario Circuit, but it still seems slightly redundant with the Mario Galaxy stage there.

Wario Series: Any comment as to how Diamond City will work? Also I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of any Wario Land stage, but I suppose not every series can get two new stages.

DK Series: Seems good. I'd have gone with Krem Quay, but Flying Croc is just as good.

Kid Icarus: I think its a bit early to say what will come from this.

LoZ Series: Hyrule Castle seems a bit....generic. Also its sort of been done. Personally I'd go with a dungeon stage instead.

Metroid Series: Given the Geothermal Powerplant, wouldn't the past stage be better if it were Frigate Orpheon?

Pokemon: I really like Tin Tower, but I feel that its a little samey when paired up with N's Castle. Yeah they are different, but it just feels like the franchise isn't being fully represented, but hey what do I know.

Kirby: Nothing really to mention here.

Star Fox: I've been really hoping for a Sauria stage. Also Sector Z with those looks, and Lylat Cruise are sort of similar, at least aesthetically.

Other Stuff: Not much else to really comment on, since I either don't have anything to say, don't know enough to say, or if I had anything to say it'd be more questioning about how the roster would reflect the stages. Its actually sort of difficult to say anything though without proper descriptions. I guess ICs/G&W didn't get a new stage though, eh? In that case I propose New Smashvile to be snowy.
Mario: My rule with the returning stages have been to keep them following the precedent we have established so far. One returning stage for each franchise. The reason why I included a Luigi's Mansion 2 stage and Rainbow Road is because of the idea of "spiritual successor" stages. Sometimes in Smash Bros we have had a type of stage in one game that is built upon by another stage in the next game (ie., Mushroom Kingdom 1&2, Green Greens 1&2, etc). Rainbow Road is a popular request pre-Brawl and now, so for that one it is not that difficult to imagine becoming playable. As for redundancy between Rainbow Road and Starship Mario I really cannot see how much more redundant when we have had stages even more redundant (Pokémon Stadium 1 & 2 anyone?). Besides how I developed Starship Mario is going to take away many of those perceived similarities.

Kid Icarus: From what I have seen the stage will likely take place in one of the cities we see, or the underworld. Since we will likely see Skyworld return I am opting for the opposite atmosphere.

Zelda: Actually Hyrule Castle is very from the old Smash 64 incarnation. This is the Hyrule Castle Interior. The stage takes cues from A Link to The Past, Twilight Princess and the Zelda Wii U tech demo. Trust me, it is not what you are thinking.

Wario: Diamond City I can envision being along the lines of "Saffron City 2.0", but with more quirkiness to it. A lot of WarioWare cameos.

For those interested I just finished my Rhythm Heaven stage concept not to long ago.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
He could've chosen Wario and Waluigi too. Or just Wario and Toad. The only thing notable is that he purposely made TWO Toads instead.

Hell, he even said that Peach wasn't playable due to the dress being hard to animate. So... yeah.
Wait a minute do you realy ask why Waluigi isn't in a main stream Mario game ? :awesome:

Edit: And Wario is a bad guy who have no reason to help mario =/ I still don't see why he was used in super mario 64 DS.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Well 75m I see coming back because I see one of the arcade stages returning. Since I do not think it will be Mario Bros my vote has gone to 75m. Plus, because I have speculated that we will probably have two new Donkey Kong stages in the next game having a stage other than another jungle motif would probably make more sense. Either way you slice it both of the Brawl Donkey Kong stages weren't very good, so it is just picking your poison in my mind.

Delfino Plaza is actually a recent flip on my part. Before I had always pegged Mushroomy Kingdom as the one I have speculated would probably return, but I have gone back and forth on these two stages. I still may end up switching back later on.

Pictochat is actually a pretty popular stage from what I have seen. It is also pretty unique. I can see it returning.

Onett and Hyrule Temple I do not see returning. Every game has only brought back stages from the game immediately before it. For now there is no precedent to suggest otherwise, but I am not going to say it cannot happen.

As for a Pikmin 3 stage I know we will inevitably have one, but since the game has not been revealed I have nothing to work off. Eventually I will add one onto my list, but for now I have just left it off. The only reason Kid Icarus: Uprising and Luigi's Mansion 2 stages are on my list is I have enough material to be confident on how a stage would work. It's funny how I process it but I have my reasons.
Yeah, I'm seeing Mushroomy over Delfino myself. I love Pictochat, but I see them making a similar stage based uopn a more recent product. As for Onett and Hyrule Temple, I don't know. To be honest, the way past stages have returned has been kinda funny, Sector Z is pretty much Corneria and Dreamland became Green Greens in a way in the jump from SSB to Melee. In fact, most of the original stages were reinterpreted for Melee. I would like to see something like this, where beloved location become reimagined for new installments.

EDIT: Well you covered most of my points in your last post. Well played sire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom