• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
One more word out of you and I'm going to Fox only YOUR Final Destination, and you won't have NO ITEMS left when I'm done with ya.
That's a stereotype and you know it(I hope)
When was the last time a fox won a national, and FD is almost never CP'd in tourneys.

Edit: So beside making for a good comedic video, how has the competitive community ruined the game for you (unless it was all sarcasm)

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Why don't you say something beyond your noncontributing post, Chu?
What more do I need to say. Post sums it up nicely.

I just don't like the idea of a moving stage. There's nothing wrong with that. Again, the simplest of the three Smash games had relatively static stages and I never hear any problems with those save for Saffron being banned whenever Ness is involved.
You know you can turn them off right?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Wait, you don't have a Yoshi stage in that list, Star. For shame. Yeah its not that big a series, and it hasn't had anything new in forever, but F-Zero and Earthbound got a stage in your list, so it should too. >:V

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
That's a stereotype and you know it(I hope)
When was the last time a fox won a national, and FD is almost never CP'd in tourneys.
Geez, you guys can't take a joke.

Why not contribute to the discussion instead of posting like a Youtube user? You and Toise are really bad about this.
I did contribute. You were whining and crying about moving stages and I pointed that out. You can turn them off. No need to just straight up not have them.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That's because you're a baby.
Or because my Native American blood is more than likely stopping it, thank you very much.

Back on topic, what's your deal with tournament players anyway? That they don't use certain stages or avoid items because of the randomness?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Personally, I feel that its good that there's variety in the stages. Scrolling stages are fine because they bring something different. If you don't like them, you don't need to play them. Fairly simple. If there's a unique idea for a stage, I say go for it. Just remember to have other things to balance it out. Standard no-hazard stages are good too after all.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Sorry, I'm working on those little icon thingies, and I have to vent my frustration. Earthbound has SO MANY stupid characters.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Or because my Native American blood is more than likely stopping it, thank you very much.
Same here. My Nairtive American blood ;D

Anyone? Oh, okay.

Oasis, you don't have to make every character >: Plus, EVE.

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
While it does seem logical to give a character a home field advantage, that doesn't seem like it would work well in this type of game. This isn't Pokemon. This is also why I'm not fond of elemental properties of an attack playing a role in things like matchups.

@LC-DDM
What you're proposing is more of a character creation mode than a custom groove system. The latter is more like Street Fighter X Tekken's gem system. Come to think of it, I wonder if you could use something like that for Peach and her turnips. Land four hits and get access to a stronger turnip for the next 20 seconds.
It makes you think though, either one of the examples could be applied, and if done right, be one of the main points to even have a Mii in the first place.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I think the only stage that gets near-universal hatred is Hanenbow.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It makes you think though, either one of the examples could be applied, and if done right, be one of the main points to even have a Mii in the first place.
I still don't think Miis should be in Smash. I don't care how big they've gotten, the very idea of them being in Smash doesn't sit well with me.

D

Deleted member

I've been thinking about Pra_Mai and considering the option that is WAS Plusle and Minun (I don't believe it, but I like to theorize).

At first, I was unsure how they would work, if they share the same file (Nana has her own from Popo, but it's smaller). Then I thought of something. Plusle and Minun are typically stronger when they touch tails. So what I thought is, what if the whole time, they were meant to have their tails together? I know, the idea is stupid, but it is plausible.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
@Poppy- Mario Bros. is another one, or at least it should be
I think it's okay. It would be a LOT better if you could turn off Shellcreepers and Sidesteppers like the other items. They CAN be picked up and thrown.

@Disfunk: That's why I said near-universal. :awesome:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'll never forget when I first got the Wario Bros event where you unlock the Mario Bros. stage. I thought, "Wait. I should walk off and kill them from behind! The enemies do it, and it IS Mario Bros, afterall."

I won it on my second try.

I just hope we have no more "Hanenbow" stages...

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I think moving stages should be limited to less than 1 in 8 maps in Smash 4. And they should move slowly, I'd say less than 1/2 the speed of Mushroomy Kingdom is good.

And (raises flame shield) competitive play ruins the atmosphere for me. The 2 biggest reasons:
*Because I happen to like the installments where Kirby, Pikachu, and Ness aren't flimsy and unusable.
*Metagames, tier lists, advanced tactics, and banned stages... it kind of rubs me the wrong way. Don't ask me to explain it better, because I can't.

And because of the franchises the Miis have been a star of (Wii Sports/Play/Fit/Music, I call it the "White Four") are a symbol of what's wrong with Nintendo.

I think Mario Bros. is worse than Hanenbow because they deliberately threw the basic gameplay of Smash out the window with Mario Bros.

No-one wants to comment on my 25 starter stage ideas?

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
I still don't think Miis should be in Smash. I don't care how big they've gotten, the very idea of them being in Smash doesn't sit well with me.
Doesn't sit well with me either, but might as well pitch out a few ideas.

Hell, I don't like Mewtwo but I'd still rather see him in, booting GW out.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I've been thinking about Pra_Mai and considering the option that is WAS Plusle and Minun (I don't believe it, but I like to theorize).

At first, I was unsure how they would work, if they share the same file (Nana has her own from Popo, but it's smaller). Then I thought of something. Plusle and Minun are typically stronger when they touch tails. So what I thought is, what if the whole time, they were meant to have their tails together? I know, the idea is stupid, but it is plausible.
Prasle is Plusle. Minun is still Minun. Although the second would be spelt like Ma-Na-N using Kanji as is.

Anyway, I would expect it to say Mi instead unless the people who translated it did it wrong. Or Bulbapedia's wrong. :p

Also, that'd be funny. You know you're in trouble with a Tag Team in Brawl tails you.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I hope that people are not seriously saying that stages with environmental hazards should be removed from Smash Bros. Why not just turn, you know, just play on stages without environmental hazards?

On a side note, I miss Brinstar Depths and Fourside.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The hate for Hanenbow makes me sad. :3

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'd be happy with a hazard switch.

@HF
Minun is approximated as Ma-i-nu-n in KATAKANA. Kanji and Katakana are not the same.

Plusle is approximated as Pu-ra-su-ru in Katakana.

D

Deleted member

One reason why I think it's not them:
Lucario is not "Rukario" and Mewtwo was not "Myuutsu" in the data. (Although, I think Mewtwo was "Mew2", so that point may be moot)

Guess that means MechaMew2 has more of a shot. :troll:

yani

Smash Lord
The hate for Hanenbow makes me sad. :3
Me too :(

I mean I understand why people dislike it, but I'd hate to see a series get its representation cut.

The only stages I really dislike are the moving ones. Mushroomy Kingdom, Rainbow Cruise, Rumble Falls :mad:.

Big fan of Summit. (The fish could leave though):smirk:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I hope that people are not seriously saying that stages with environmental hazards should be removed from Smash Bros. Why not just turn, you know, just play on stages without environmental hazards?

On a side note, I miss Brinstar Depths and Fourside.
Brawl workshop imported four side into brawl. It was/is one of my favorite boards too.

Yani, you like new pork? Ew, why

:phone:

Skyleaf

Smash Cadet
I, for one, would f***ing LOVE Plusle and Minun... Minun's one of my favorite Pokes evar.

I'd be happy with a hazard switch.

@HF
Minun is approximated as Ma-i-nu-n in KATAKANA. Kanji and Katakana are not the same.

Plusle is approximated as Pu-ra-su-ru in Katana.
Don't teach Japanese to these people, please.

Pleeeeeeeease. (Note: Plusle's Japanese name isn't spelled with a sword..)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Oops, spelling error.

Although you could spell it with a sword. Zorro does that **** all the time.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I want this stage back SO MUCH. Love the theme, love the gimmick, love the background. I'm glad the song is in Brawl, truly I am, but if we get stages from every previous Smash(PLEASE JEEZUM), Brinstar Depths simply MUST. Regular ol' Brinstar already has.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
One reason why I think it's not them:
Lucario is not "Rukario" and Mewtwo was not "Myuutsu" in the data. (Although, I think Mewtwo was "Mew2", so that point may be moot)

Guess that means MechaMew2 has more of a shot. :troll:
Yeah, the consistency makes it questionable.

@Skyleaf: I honestly can't remember which was which. Nor do I care enough anyway. Mainan is how it should translate from Japanese, but Bulbapedia disagrees.

So it's hard to say if it's even right. It still could've been them, but if it's random, eh, makes sense.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I doubt it was Plusle and Minum, mostly because they did not have their own separate spots like Diddy/Dixie, Zelda/Sheik, Samus/ZS Samus, or even Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom