• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Oryia

Smash Rookie
I was the short girl with black hair. Played against Yoko (think that was her name) in the first round. She barely won!

C-J

Smash Cadet
It's early. And i'm tired. But i'm leavin to el paso. wish me luck guys. I wish i could be sleeping, but then again i wish i could win today.

I"ll need all the luck haha. seeya guys

Do good guys. Learn as much as you can.

I agree ABP, Alpha's got a beatsly Samus, and so does Sinz, and Sinz beat Vangalon in some free play, but he's got to beat him in the tourney...

ABP, I might do a smaller smash thing with a few people today, just wait.

We do need a place like that. That would be really, really nice. Ah well...

I'll be looking forward to seeing you and your sister sometime, C-J. Peace.

Oryia

Smash Rookie
Yeah I did.

Went to the tourney today, but only got a chance to play once. I left for a few minutes to go sit outside because all the driving all morning left me queezy all day. And while I was out, they called my name and I was not there. I lost the first round to another Sheik player, AGAIN. I wasn't dissapointed though, because I have only been playing full on for a couple months. So, yeah I just wanted to come and see the people etc..

Some kid said I looked like my brothers mom. I found that rathar disturbing. I'm no pageant queen, but I don't look 40 lol!

So after all was said and done, I was so tired and ready to head to the hotel room. I think my brothers were too. Chris (C.J) passed out right after eating. I spent the evening watching COPS and attempting to drive down these El Paso streets. Almost hit a guy on what I thought was a double turning lane, drove the wrong way down a street that seemed to come out of no where, got lost, and lost the car keys all in one day! I'm so awesome.

So anyway, all in all it was an interesting yet enjoyable day :) It was also my B-day!

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
ZMan said:
I think I beat Sinz samus with my mew2 though. Can someone confirm this?
I didn't play samus at all during the X-topia tourney except against Michelle.

allboutpeach

Smash Ace
happy b-day im sry it didn't go like it should have, but i still hope it was worth it. So how did u end up doing CJ? did u learn anything new. Hey erich did yall have that smash thing or no? i was with chad all day, so im guessin not, but i don't know. So im guessin next week then?

Yea, it'll be next week. I'm going to talk to my mom quite often about it now.

Yea Orvias, happy-late-birthday.

Hope you guys had fun! Did you learn anything? And how did C-J do? I'm looking to hear it all. So you got beat by another Shiek player, eh? Well, technically you didn't. But did you guys learn anything? Because if you didn't there, then I'm sure you will here. See you guys {hopefully} soon.

C-J

Smash Cadet
Hey you guys. The tournament was a blast. I had a lot of fun. The only part i hate about the tournaments are the beginning, cause it takes so long to be called heh.

I won 4 matches, and lost 2 matches. I was knocked out by a marth.. The last match (where i was knocked out of the tourney) I beat his falco pretty bad with my doc. But he pulled out marth, and my doc fell (marth counters mario pretty well), then i pulled out my marth, and i had him.. i thought.. i had two lives, he had one.. but he got both of mine off :(

We had to leave then cause my family and i were pretty tired. But we're gonna go back today to mess around with all of em again. I'll find out who won the tourney. Hopin that nicholai won. seeya guys.

And hope next week (hopefully sunday or late saturday lol cause i work sat morning) we can all play!!

EDIT: i played more than 6 matches lol. I mean 4 people i won, 2 people i lost to

Sounds like you had some fun, C-J. Hope us over here in Alb. are just as fun. You're better than I thought you were as well. That's good news.

Just so's ya know, me and Sinz are Mormons, so we don't do stuff on Sundays, but possibly Saturday.

Can you give me some dates this coming week on which you work? Like you work Saturday morning, but what time do you get off then? And what about the other days of the week, what days do you work, and what times do you get off?

C-J

Smash Cadet
Hey erich. Sure can do.

C-J's work schedule
Monday ------------------------5-9
Tuesday --------------------------OFF
Wednesday ----------------------4-9
Thursday -------------------------OFF
Friday -----------------------------5-9
Every other saturday from -----9-3

Oryia's Schedule
Monday through Friday 12-6

It'll be fun if we all get together. Hopefully some of you play marth, i know alpha bravo does, cause i need practice against a marth.. stupid marths.. lol

allboutpeach

Smash Ace
hey anybody, in the video against sinz (marth) vs kevvvinnn's (bowser), on that edge guard at like 3:05 What characters can do that, cause im not sure if peach can or not.

Yea erich has a pretty sick marth, mines getting way better 2. I have all kinda a trouble against them though 2, so im picking up sheik. Makes it a lot easier i think. Just do tilts, quite amazing actually.
Hey c-j. Im just curious, since ur new i don't know if u know how to do this or not, but do u know how to dash cancel. Because i have found it to be very usefull, especially against marth, and just wondering if u knew

allboutpeach

Smash Ace
hmm i wonder if it works with sheik. Cause i'll prolly be using sheik now against marth's now. It seems way easier. But yea how long has that edge guard been known for

Sounds good. There were a lot of vids, but I don't remember that one. Too lazy to go look, I'm sure I'll find out though. Looking forward to seeing you again Chris; it's been a while.

Alrighty guys, why don't we schedule this thing for this Saturday? Any objections? I'll give you all directions sometime in the week.

Oryia

Smash Rookie
C-J says he gets out after 3:00. He also said, that dash cancelling is dashing then pressing down then another attack to cancel a dash.

...I knew that.

So he does work, eh? Cool, I suppose that the Smashfest is this Saturday then. Just gotta make sure there's no Driver's Ed on that day. Planning under way.

Oryia

Smash Rookie
Right On :D Hey, if you need to talk about it you can IM him on his AIM name. I'm not sure if he pays attention, but it's worth a try lol..

Hehehe, will do.

One more thing guys, any and everyone who has a camcorder, please bring it. So that means Sinz, Alphabravo, and if ABP or you and your brother have a camcorder, then bring it. Sinz if at all possible bring some extra tapes over, and you too Alphabravo. NM needs to post some vids up; we don't get better without critique, alright?

YukiTanuki

Smash Cadet
Hey guys! Can I get in on this little get togetha? OC2 is coming up reeeeeel soon and I could sure use the practice... ;)

It sounds like it's happening this Sat? I have work in the afternoon so if you guys are still playing after 3 that would be KoOl!

Yuki...please tell Arctic to call Sinz, that way we can plan for you two to come as well. I was hoping you guys would post before this happened so that I could tell you about it. Anyways, have ArcticDrac to call Sinz, so we can plan for two more people.

C-J

Smash Cadet
I'll bring my cube, i have another tv if we need to bring it, it's kinda small, but hey, it's a tv lol.

Top Bottom