• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortress

Smash Master
Moves used in OOT:

Paralyzing, reflectable orb/scatter shot
Flying
Ground punch with shockwave
Cape reflect
Dark magic pushing forcefield thing in the piano room

There were no dashing kicks, flip kicks, uppercuts or anything of that sort in OOT. The Warlock punch is the one move that makes the most sense because of the ground punch.
The way I saw it, pretty much all of his attacks involve the orb, or smacking it back. And why can't it be implied that Ganondorf can do uppercuts and kicks? He's a martial artist, the game makes that pretty clear with how the game portrayed him being all beefy. Remember the lifting scene? The montage? What, you think G stayed locked up in the Sacred Realm to read his little tomes and eat his vegies? The dude lifts.

That's okay.

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
Messed up quote is messy.

Also, the projectile is his signature move in ONE game. ONE, not "every Zelda game."

Ganon the Pig uses projectiles sparingly, I would argue that they are his main form of attack in only the original game and Oracle. Link to the Past has weird fire bat things, but those aren't really projectiles...

...Damn it. Here we are again.

Can we please just talk about Big the Cat? At this point I feel like that would be more fruitful discussion.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
It's actually only really his signature move in OoT. In WW only Phantom Ganon has it and in TP only Zelda has it.

In TP zelda IS ganon.. he takes over her body.
In WW, I don't know why he doesn't use it, he was a terrible final boss in WW (well the ganon part was)

And might I add both of these games were post Melee?

In every game before Melee Ganon/dorf uses the orb.

The way you feel about how the dev team as a whole (i.e. not just Sakurai) handled G-man's implementation won't change the fact that this is how he is portrayed. In fact, he's portrayed this way outside of Ocarina more than he is in the game, which makes me laugh.
You didn't tell me in what games before Melee he was portrayed in this way..

meow

Smash Apprentice
In TP zelda IS ganon.. he takes over her body.
In WW, I don't know why he doesn't use it, he was a terrible final boss in WW (well the ganon part was)

And might I add both of these games were post Melee?

In every game before Melee Ganon/dorf uses the orb.

You didn't tell me in what games before Melee he was portrayed in this way..

WOAH MAN SPOILERS
I should finish the game it's been like 5 months...

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
The way I saw it, pretty much all of his attacks involve the orb, or smacking it back. And why can't it be implied that Ganondorf can do uppercuts and kicks? He's a martial artist, the game makes that pretty clear with how the game portrayed him being all beefy. Remember the lifting scene? The montage? What, you think G stayed locked up in the Sacred Realm to read his little tomes and eat his vegies? The dude lifts.

Hahaha wtf. Im assuming ur partly joking..
But when is he portrayed as a martial artist? And what montage are you talking about?

WOAH MAN SPOILERS
MY BAD

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
WOAH MAN SPOILERS

To be fair all the games we've been talking about were for the Gamecube. It sucks but you can't expect people to stay spoiler free forever.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Messed up quote is messy.

Also, the projectile is his signature move in ONE game. ONE, not "every Zelda game."

Ganon the Pig uses projectiles sparingly, I would argue that they are his main form of attack in only the original game and Oracle. Link to the Past has weird fire bat things, but those aren't really projectiles...

I just looked up different boss battles with Ganon and different forms of Ganon (agahnim) to refresh my memory. Ganon always uses some kind of projectile, not the reflectable orb, but some kind of projectile. Agahnim uses the reflectable ball, as does Ganondorf, and I would class Ganondorf in the same category as Agahnim since they are both the human form of Ganon.

And lets remember Ganondorf is Ganondorf, not Ganon..

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
You can never be too sure. Some people can be irrational, and it's hard to convey sarcasm in text.

meow

Smash Apprentice
Guys don't forget that Ganon can pimp slap someone like he did in WW in the Forbidden Fortress

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
I just looked up different boss battles with Ganon and different forms of Ganon (agahnim) to refresh my memory. Ganon always uses some kind of projectile, not the reflectable orb, but some kind of projectile. Agahnim uses the reflectable ball, as does Ganondorf, and I would class Ganondorf in the same category as Agahnim since they are both the human form of Ganon.

I forgot about Agahnim.

I just don't get what this has to do with Big the Cat.

meow

Smash Apprentice
I don't think Big the Cat will make it cause if we're gonna get a Sonic character fanboys will either want Shadow or Shadow
Sorry I meant Tails or Knuckles.
Or Shadow.

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
Post Melee, doesn't count
You want to change the character now. Why not look at everything?

I don't think Big the Cat will make it cause if we're gonna get a Sonic character fanboys will either want Shadow or Shadow
Sorry I meant Tails or Knuckles.
Or Shadow.

Sonic fans won't tell you this, but Big the Cat is actually the most popular character. You should have seen the outrage when Brawl included Sonic instead of Big. Then they did it again for Smash 4! Terrible.

meow

Smash Apprentice
Well according to Brawl Vault (if you go to the bottom left) Shadow is the most popular download of all time. Of course this doesn't prove that Shadow is more popular, but it does prove that most smashers want Shadow more than Big the Cat which is at a measly 935 compared to Shadow.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
You want to change the character now. Why not look at everything?

Well what I'm currently talking about is he shouldn't have been a clone in Melee, and my overall argument is also he should have the move set that he should have had in Melee because that's when they brought him in.

I would also seriously argue that post Melee Ganondorfs wanted to give him some physical attacks to justify his clone status.

But if we do wana talk about current games too, we can talk about swords as well, not just a punch in a cutscene.

Well according to Brawl Vault (if you go to the bottom left) Shadow is the most popular download of all time. Of course this doesn't prove that Shadow is more popular, but it does prove that most smashers want Shadow more than Big the Cat which is at a measly 935 compared to Shadow.

This is also inaccurate because it depends how long the hack has been around, and how good the hack actually is. Some people might want some other hacks more, but it may not be popular based on its poor quality.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
No, he's right. As a Sonic main, I take a few minutes in private before each match to mourn the absence of my lovely Big.

meow

Smash Apprentice
Well what I'm currently talking about is he shouldn't have been a clone in Melee, and my overall argument is also he should have the move set that he should have had in Melee because that's when they brought him in.

I would also seriously argue that post Melee Ganondorfs wanted to give him some physical attacks to justify his clone status.

But if we do wana talk about current games too, we can talk about swords as well, not just a punch in a cutscene.

Well if Big the Cat is coming to this game and Ganon is revamped, everytime a Ganon player battles a Big player Ganon is forced to stare at the glorious fishing pole

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I personally am opposed to Big the Cat because in the pantheon of Sonic characters, he is highly irrelevant and there are many better choices, even if I did support the idea of guest franchises getting extra characters, which I don't.

I don't mean to put down your opinion, but I would give Big the Cat a giant no.

Everyone just shut the **** up about Ganondorf. Even though I disagree with the idea of making him a Falcon clone and would like it if he no longer was, I accept that that is unlikely to happen and I'm tired of reading the same debate.

Also Wind Waker's Ganondorf was my favorite, both in terms of character and in terms of the fight. It was an easy fight, but at least he felt like a goddamn Gerudo. Remember how he's a Gerudo? And they usually fight you with two swords? And Ganon, their leader, fights you with two swords in that game? Like a real Gerudo? Anyway, enough about him.

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
Conspiracy. They fudged the numbers to hide their devotion to the One True Fisherman (as he is referred to in these closed circles).

If Big isn't in 3.0, I probably won't even bother updating.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Conspiracy. They fudged the numbers to hide their devotion to the One True Fisherman (as he is referred to in these closed circles).

If Big isn't in 3.0, I probably won't even bother updating.
Heck, I'll just throw my Wii out the window, preferably onto some small child. Morality, schmorality, if Big isn't coming to town.
Well if Big the Cat is coming to this game and Ganon is revamped, everytime a Ganon player battles a Big player Ganon is forced to stare at the glorious fishing pole
Indeed.

the_suicide_fox

Smash Champion
I think Ganondorf should have had his own moveset from the beginning. They tried to make it more different in Brawl, but it would have been nice if he was based on the real Ganondorf (using projectiles more than his fists).

I'd imagine the real Ganondorf to be a projectile character like Samus or Link, but a lot more powerful. His physical attacks would probably look something like Ness/Lucas or Mewtwo in that they don't actually physically attack you but throw out some sort of close range energy attack. He'd be like the projectile version of Bowser, maybe good spacing/zoning but a lot of slow attacks.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
That's because real Sonic fans (aka Big the Cat fans) have dignity. Shadow fans are like meth heads and will take anything they can get their grubby hands on. Big fans will only accept the best of the best for their favorite character.

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
I think we can assume that Big won't be in 3.0. Fine. It's a mistake, but nobody (not even the PMBR) is perfect.

I assume they'll remedy the situation by placing Big in all seven slots of the clone engine in a future update. You know, so that he can have 84 different colors/costumes.

Roy and Mewtwo were really unnecessary anyway.

meow

Smash Apprentice
That's because real Sonic fans (aka Big the Cat fans) have dignity. Shadow fans are like meth heads and will take anything they can get their grubby hands on. Big fans will only accept the best of the best for their favorite character.
Your guys' devotion to based Big is amazing

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
I think you meant to post this in the Alt Costume thread. At least, that's my assumption seeing this here in the Clone Engine thread. Other than that, I think Pikachu and Jigs should definitely keep their multitude of hats, but nobody else should get five different alt costumes. Pika and Jigs have been, out of tradition it seems, the only to characters to have something like this.
Woops, you're right. Thanks for the input anyway xD

meow

Smash Apprentice
I would totally want Toad.
But Waluigi comes first in completing the set....
Also if he'd be a clone of Luigi like in the custom PSA then that would be lovely because Luigi is lovely...

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
No way should Waluigi come before Toad.

I mean I don't want either, but Toad is infinitely more important to Mario than Waluigi is.

meow

Smash Apprentice
No way should Waluigi come before Toad.

I mean I don't want either, but Toad is infinitely more important to Mario than Waluigi is.
I know but like Mario x Luigi
Wario x Waluigi??? ):
Also it would be kinda weird when Peach pulls out Toad and then...there's Toad

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I know but like Mario x Luigi
Wario x Waluigi??? ):
Also it would be kinda weird when Peach pulls out Toad and then...there's Toad
They could replace Toad with something else pretty easily, so I don't think it's a problem. For example, her parasol as a shield, and it shoots a cloud of hearts as the counter part.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you, but I vehemently hate the idea of Waluigi being a playable character in Smash. And Toad is undeniably a more important choice.

Fortress

Smash Master
I 'unno, there are a bunch of Toads. I'd love the message behind Toad having to fight Peach at her command only to have each of his attacks blocked by a Toad that she just tucks away.

It's in there, somewhere.

meow

Smash Apprentice
They could replace Toad with something else pretty easily, so I don't think it's a problem. For example, her parasol as a shield, and it shoots a cloud of hearts as the counter part.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you, but I vehemently hate the idea of Waluigi being a playable character in Smash. And Toad is undeniably a more important choice.
None taken I personally don't even want to see a character from a series that already has plenty representations. Also, I didn't think about that idea they should change that about Peach now if anything...

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
None taken I personally don't even want to see a character from a series that already has plenty representations. Also, I didn't think about that idea they should change that about Peach now if anything...
I honestly like Toad's current role in Smash, as Peach's bullet sponge. But if they wanted to add Toad and change that move, they could do so reasonably easily.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
He could be based off of D3 as well as ZSS. Instead of throwing Waddles he could throw Froggy. Thoughts?

I actually had a model swap for Big over DDD. : D I think I lost it when 2.6 came out, I really didn't bother to update my costumes, but it was pretty great.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Toad could easily be changed to Toadsworth with a little editing.

As far as moveset goes:
Color bombs (Wario Woods)
Cargo Throw (NSMBW, SMB2, NSMBWU)
Ice Balls (NSMBW and NSMBWU) Easy recolor of Mario's Fireball with some different properties.
Pow Block -maybe final smash (...lots of games) There's a Pow Block on the Mario Bros stage. I don't know if that could be used or not.
Turnips (SMB2) Easy cloneable move from peach.
Toad's Go-cart (Any Mario Kart) He could use one of the karts from the Shy Guys on the Mario Circuit stage. Again, don't know if possible.
Spore Attack: Basically Peach's counter
Propeller Toad: (NSMBW, NSMBU)
Toad Tornado: (NSMBW, NSMBU) His version of the Mario Tornado
Super Squat Jump: (SMB2) This could be a special or just a unique thing where if Toad crouches for awhile, he's be able to jump higher.

Characteristics:
Toad is the fastest of the playable Mario characters
He's also seems to display big bouts of strength so he'd be slightly strong
He'd of course be the lightest Mario character
He'd has the shortest jump of all the playable Mario characters
He has short arms so he would most likely also have the shortest range

Plus, there's a good model on brawlvault.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/Bra...Character%Olimar%&Moderated=All&facebook=true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom