• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ness discussion

Peek~

Smash Lord
I find Nair a better starter. Fair can be awkward sometimes since you may have to jump back a bit then go foward with Fair after an Uair/Utilt/Spike. The more Fairs needed the trickier it gets imo.

Usually Uair x2 -> Nair -> (however many Fairs you need to get them to the off stage) -> Spike works on most. Nair -> Spike is an EASY kill chain if you can them near the edge http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Z3NRUr5ibEQ#t=377s

Mario, Luigi, and Samus are pretty easy to chain

Peek~

Smash Lord
Why do the shields and shines look so skinny in that vid. I see it a lot but I don't understand why it happens. Nice vid btw
I'm using an old Jabos plugin for PJ64.

Shines and shields come out flat. As well as a bunch of other stuff like skinny Fireballs, invisible charge shots, and visible invincible frames.

Peek~

Smash Lord
I get happy everytime I stick-shorthop from the side platforms to the middle platform on dreamland

Its like the most perfect/fitting jump ever.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Damn, that's a cool-looking ness. I guess he's called Nesubo or something (google-translated the ****er)?

We know so little about how they do things in japan.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
yeah i google translated it almost expecting it to be sima

i reckon the average japanese player would be better than the average player from any other part of the world

Battlecow

Play to Win
Meeeeeh

They have some good players, but we haven't seen their bad players (for obvious reasons lol)

clubbadubba

Smash Master
or maybe we HAVE seen their bad players, but they're just that good. check out proper use of there.

Olikus

Smash Champion
What Ive saw in japan I would say their best are proabaly a bit worse than the best in tacna and NA. But they got the highest number of players on a really high level.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
technically australia has the best average player, as we don't have the long tail of scubs that all big countries have. unless "part of the world" can refer to something as small as the city of tacna in which case they probably win.

a better way to measure skill would be to like take the median maybe, or the average of high level players only.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
idk man, we have some really bad scrubs

like, so bad they literally rock the average level

median is probably better, but then i would probably be the median and we all know im the worst in the world

Sangoku

Smash Master
Median would fall on a scrub in every country.

That japanese Ness is so good. Uses the platforms really well. Ness can be so flashy sometimes...

:phone:

SSBPete

Smash Lord
What Ive saw in japan I would say their best are proabaly a bit worse than the best in tacna and NA. But they got the highest number of players on a really high level.
this is what i ment

i don't know what it is, but i'd rather watch japanese smash over north american or south american any day

in terms of favorite to watch it goes: japanese > north america > south america, keeping in mind europe and australia don't exist

Olikus

Smash Champion
I wish there were more friendlies of Bear matches on youtube. He is probably the most fun player to watch imo, when he doesnt play to win.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
speak for yourself

after p2ping rom, i've deciding to place rom, kuromatsu and myself onto a whole other plane above australia

especially considering the matches i had with rom who is the first person to legit make me try in a damn long while

i'm going to record matches so hard once i get my computer

SSBPete

Smash Lord
kuro used to be so far above me, now i beat him almost every game we play
every time i play rom, i beat him, then he claims he was sandbagging

you havn't played me properly in months either

and even so, 'a whole other plane' in australia is like medium A-tier north americans

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
kuro used to be so far above me, now i beat him almost every game we play
every time i play rom, i beat him, then he claims he was sandbagging

you havn't played me properly in months either

and even so, 'a whole other plane' in australia is like medium A-tier north americans
kuro has explicitly said he hasn't tried for years, and misses competition. hence why i promised him we'd play seriously when he came back.

rom is legit a tier above me, his fox is at least.

how are you comparing ourselves to americans, pete? where is the data? if you're comparing videos, sure, our videos suck a hairy **** and we're worse by far, but until someone has played an american in low tier p2p/console i can't see how you can objectively say we're worse.

Median would fall on a scrub in every country.

That japanese Ness is so good. Uses the platforms really well. Ness can be so flashy sometimes...

:phone:
you're right. probs best to disregard the scrubs in every country and go from there.

that ness was fun to watch, it didn't occur to me how much more of a threat that uair is as a kill move. i also can't decide if his uptilt is better or worse overall compared to the (u) uptilt.

TANK64

Smash Lord

asianaussie

Smash Hero
it seems the top 3 aus players happen to be the same players who still actively practise the game

and coincidentally are the 3 players who keep me playing this game when i clearly have better things to do

im convinced that rom is either isai or a bearded guy who stays in his room playing training mode whenever he has free time

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
i thought we established that rom is the sun

what is wrong with you

SanGoku said:
Oh utilt is different? It has less knockback?
yup. that means you can go straight into a devastating (j) uair at high percents like that dude did on mario

i like the (u) utilt however because it's much easier to get a combo going at low percents on heavies. i think if you tried to do that in (j) there's a strong chance they could di down hard and tech away

hence why i am not sure which is better

also am i the only person to prefer the american link's utilt as opposed to (j)s?

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
maybe it's just what you're used to

i kept trying to do tent combos with links utilt in (j) because it kept slipping my mind how much more knockback it has

i guess (j)'s would be better for more situations, especially because in (u) you can replace his dtilt for his utilt a lot of the time, albeit harder to hit

TANK64

Smash Lord
fireball to aerial works on (u)

all aerials except fair, that is
yea I've heard people say this before (about fireball to aerial not working).

While working on Luigi stuff I've def confirmed that fireball>any aerial works.

Yea Fireball>Fair

*sniff*

I think everything but another fire ball...

asianaussie

Smash Hero
ok, you can do fireball > any aerial *easily* (and below like 120%) in (J)

if im completely misinformed then meh, i have never used training mode for over 2 minutes in any smash game

aside from in barwl to check out final smashes the week it came out

asianaussie

Smash Hero
if that's truly a problem for you then a reassessment of priorities is in order

im surprised no talk about ness's u-tilt has come up with all this (J) nonsense

chuckj

Smash Journeyman
sorry for the post here :$

i was replying to an old post i thought it was the last

edit again

not too old post, the ness player in the video posted in page 30 is called Ness-Boy! good player!

Top Bottom