• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Namco Character discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

That 2nd part wasn't towards what you said. More or less what Gingerbread Man said.

volbound1700

Smash Master
See i'm the exact opposite. I find Pac-Man incredibly boring as a character for Smash. It also worries me that all they could come up with for him in Street Fighter X Tekken was a robot suit. Obviously there were reasons for that, but it still bugs me.
I think Sakurai could be very clever with Pac-Man in Smash and he could have a moveset that is outrageous like Mr. Game & Watch.

I think Llyod Irving would be funny but I think he is too much like a Fire Emblem character only double-sworded. I am not really feeling Tekken since it already is a serious fighter game and Smash is not a serious fighter game. Digdug is an option that I would like but isn't popular enough to get the spot.

D

Deleted member

Harada, Tekken's producer, sees Smash as a "serious" fighter.
Aside from that, a quick look into the cast of Tekken, and while it has it's share of darkness, it's also has it's share of silliness as well. I mean, would you really expect a farting bear as a fighter?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think Llyod Irving would be funny but I think he is too much like a Fire Emblem character only double-sworded..
You should actually play both games.

They are nothing alike.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You are correct, Fire Emblem is a strategy game. However, when it comes to move sets, Llyod would likely play similar to a FE character.
Lloyd has a projectile and would be a combo heavy character.

You were saying?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Basing a character strictly on appearance is silly. That's like saying Waluigi can't get in because he looks like Mario.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Also, no FE character wields dual swords.
Perhaps not, but Swordmasters in Awakening (Say 'Ri, Lon'qu, Lyn) have two swords that they never use. And considering Sakurai made Ness a moveset with things he doesn't have, it's not too impossible for Lyn to be a duel wielder.
But ON Topic, the only characters I really know are Lloyd and Pac-Man, so... yeah :urg:

final lap

Smash Journeyman
oh my gosh you guys

Susumu is playable in a game called Pac Man World Rally. He's an unlockable character in the PSP version.

That aside it is food for thought. It is a primarily Pac Man themed game, and out of the few out-of-series reps to be included, Mr. Driller was one of them.

Here's the full roster for the record:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pac-Man_World_Rally
All the characters are from Pac-Man except for The Prince, Mappy, Susumu, and the 2 enemies from Dig Dug.
11 Pac-Man characters, 5 out of series characters.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
oh my gosh you guys

Susumu is playable in a game called Pac Man World Rally. He's an unlockable character in the PSP version.

That aside it is food for thought. It is a primarily Pac Man themed game, and out of the few out-of-series reps to be included, Mr. Driller was one of them.

Here's the full roster for the record:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pac-Man_World_Rally
All the characters are from Pac-Man except for The Prince, Mappy, Susumu, and the 2 enemies from Dig Dug.
11 Pac-Man characters, 5 out of series characters.
Implying that guests in a Namco game is surprising. lol

volbound1700

Smash Master
Lloyd has a projectile[/B] and would be a combo heavy character.

You were saying?
Ok then he is Link lol. I guess I am basing it on Super Smash Flash 2 where his moveset was basically kind of like a FE character and he looks like a FE character. I have never played his games to be honest. However, we have FE/Zelda for fantasy sword-fighter/knight style characters locked down so Pac-man would at least be more unique.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm sure someone would confuse a Dig Dug character as someone from the Toon Link games. :troll:

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I'm sure someone would confuse a Dig Dug character as someone from the Toon Link games. :troll:
Hehe, Mr. Driller should just be a clone of Toon Link. He'd swing his drill around like a sword, he'd lob exploding drill bombs, throw a drill-erang, and shoots a bow and drillow.
... I'd play that character. :)

volbound1700

Smash Master
Have you played any Fire Emblem games?
No, and I know the series are not the same. They are as different as Age of Empires is to Legend of Zelda. I want to play Fire Emblem but their games are $40.00 or more on Ebay and I won't spend that much money on Ebay. They are also hard to find retail.

My point is that Llyod plays a lot like Ike with two swords and less weight.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
No, and I know the series are not the same. They are as different as Age of Empires is to Legend of Zelda. I want to play Fire Emblem but their games are $40.00 or more on Ebay and I won't spend that much money on Ebay. They are also hard to find retail.

I haven't played the Flash Bros game, but Lloyd would be much more likely to play like the faster multi-hit sword users like MetaKnight and Pit. He also would have a projectile, most likely. You should look up some Tales of Symphonia gameplay... his combat style is more about constantly approaching enemies through combos and maneuvers.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I haven't played the Flash Bros game, but Lloyd would be much more likely to play like the faster multi-hit sword users like MetaKnight and Pit. He also would have a projectile, most likely. You should look up some Tales of Symphonia gameplay... his combat style is more about constantly approaching enemies through combos and maneuvers.
Heres the link to Smash Flash.

Anyway, i'd like to say that the way a character playd in a fan game can be very different from how one would play in an official game.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I didn't really enjoy using Lloyd in SSF2. :(

I hope they bring some changes in the next version (0.9b)

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
... Wow, Smash Flash is really well-made, thanks for the link. I played another Smash flash game that was awful so I didn't look much further.

Anyway, while I think Lloyd would have somewhat similar specials as his flash incarnation, I think his standards would make him feel a lot faster. This guy really is Ike feeling while in his own game it's more of a death-by-a-thousand-cuts style.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422

You mean Ike plays a lot like Lloyd but with one sword and more weight? :p

Not to bring down Ike or anything but Lloyd has a much higher potential in terms of his moveset.

Jonn

Smash Apprentice
Imagine Namco Bandai is allowed 4 character slots for the upcoming Smash Bros. sequel, but only 1 character from each game/franchise is permitted. What are your picks?

List of Namco Bandai Games - Wikipedia

My picks:
  1. Digimon Trainer(?) with Agumon/WarGreymon (Digimon)
  2. Klonoa (Klonoa)
  3. Jin Kazama (Tekken)
  4. Taizo Hori (Dig-Dug)

D

Deleted member

Goku isn't eligible.

Onto the topic, four Namco Bandai characters would be absolutely awful and I would consider not buying the game if we had to deal with that many, but stomaching the four most bearable choices:

1. Agumon (Digimon)
2. Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia)
3. Dig-Dug (Dig-Dug)
4. Pac-Man (Pac-Man)

The last choice I'm very much against having BTW, but as much as I dislike Pac-Man as a choice, he beats everyone else.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Imagine Namco Bandai is allowed 4 character slots for the upcoming Smash Bros. sequel
I really, really hope not. :urg:

The four choices would be Lloyd, Pac-Man, someone from Dig-Dug and <insert another Namco franchise here.>

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Lloyd, Pac-Man, Heihachi and Nightmare.

We will be lucky if we get one of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom