• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MSOP 3 - July 26th Charleston, IL First Circuit Event -come try out teh strikouts

Tink

Smash Hero
is there anyway to make this go faster to add a melee tourny at the end o,0? i know alot of people would LOVEE that =). just like a side 5$ tourny for the melee people.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Good **** with the strikeout system!

If you don't want to use paper for the strikeouts, just have them go to the random select and turn them off one at a time. Kel started doing that a while ago and it makes a lot of sense if you're not wanting to use paper.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Good **** with the strikeout system!

If you don't want to use paper for the strikeouts, just have them go to the random select and turn them off one at a time. Kel started doing that a while ago and it makes a lot of sense if you're not wanting to use paper.

My plan is to laminate 10 copies and use whiteboard markers. Each station will have one. The front has all the neutrals, the back has all the counterpicks listed for a reference.

you should try this.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Question. You have 6 stages on random, so with the strikeout system, whoever picks first gets the most strikes--unless the idea is to narrow it down to 2 levels and randomly pick one? You need an odd number of stages.

I suggest adding Delfino. The only worry anyone could have about that level is chaingrabbing DDDs on a few of its transformations, but if you're against one, you strike it.

The other option is to remove Lylat, but I think more stages on random is better than fewer.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
Any North Eastern Indiana, Ohio, or Michigan people that are coming to this and have open seats, Iggy and I will chip in for gas if you wouldn't mind picking us up along the way.

I live right on US 31, so I'd be easily reachable if you were taking that route. Iggy could get to my house, so we'd both be right there.

If you're interested drop me a PM.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Question. You have 6 stages on random, so with the strikeout system, whoever picks first gets the most strikes--unless the idea is to narrow it down to 2 levels and randomly pick one? You need an odd number of stages.

I suggest adding Delfino. The only worry anyone could have about that level is chaingrabbing DDDs on a few of its transformations, but if you're against one, you strike it.

The other option is to remove Lylat, but I think more stages on random is better than fewer.
Yeah. I think Castle Siege and Delfino, as well as Lylat and possibly Halberd, are easily neutral under a strikeout system. Strikeout allows more stages to be neutral without worrying about character-specific advantages.

Also, strikes should be handled in a alternating pattern. Player A should strike the first stage, Player B strikes the second and third, then Player A again, ect. For example, if there are 7 stages: (viper's list + Delfino)

Player A is DeDeDe
Player B is Wario

Player A strikes Lylat
Player B strikes Delfino
Player B strikes FD
Player A strikes Battlefield
Player A strikes Yoshi's
Player B strikes Pokemon

Smashville is left, so they play on Smashville.

See how they gradually went down the list, eliminating stages they didn't want to play on to reach a middle ground? It's the ideal situation.

nojoes

Smash Ace
heres a silly question

anybody from northeast ohio or akron headed to this like the night before(like 11 or 12 lol)
That's amusing because otherwise that would be ridiculous but myself and part of my crew may be stuck in that situation, throw me a pm with a reason of why so late and i'll try to accommodate you if i can, otherwise I think you're just about screwed :]

viperboy_74

Smash Master
so no one is taking a train or bus into mattoon? i never received a pm about it, so if you are, please contact me

217 - 822 - 7883. my name is TJ, feel free to call anytime. i work form 7pm to 2am tonight, so if you call i may not be able to answer, but i will get back to you asap.

also, i don't work tomorrow, so everyone feel free to arrive whenever

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer

Hey, really, how do you do the strike system with an even number of stages?

chun1

Smash Apprentice
this is a melee tourny right?

so why does it say brawl on the first page?

i'm so confused.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
haha i was gonna call trail out on that gramatical error as well, but instant andy beat me to it

yes this is a brawl tourney

yes, im gonna put delfino on random in a bit

BIG C

Smash Master
day man

uuuuuhaaaaahaaa

fighter of the night man

uuuhaaaaahaaa

champion of the sun

uuuuuuhhh aaaaah hhhaaa

you're a master of karate and friendship for everyone

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Should be coming to this. May end up doing something with some chick from class instead... not sure. I'd be driving by myself so I don't know if it is worth it with Vidjo and Joshu not going XD

Big_R

Smash Champion
so darkrain told me to tell u to make the next one and everyone thereafter a melee tourny viperboy.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I can still GO... I just don't think it will be worth it financially at the moment. Driving 4 hours by yourself + entry fees + food to a tournament with like... 12 people and no competition? :\

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
well i was planning to go but my ride bailed on me and i'm trying to find a new ride but hopefully i'll find something.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Dammit....

No Indiana, no MI, no Columbus....

Probably no me unless I see people are actually coming to this. >_>

We have...

VBoy
Tink
Sliq
Dr. X
Kel
~Iggy
~Bloodhawk

and who?

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
Possibly me and Iggy. I'll know tomorrow for sure.

All depends on if I can get the tire fixed on the Saturn. We were planning on riding down with Cleveland, but as you can see, no Cleveland will be coming.

Tink

Smash Hero
rofl, idk whos still going <_<....but i am, and ill take first place at the circuit. thats cool with me =).

i have room for 2 people in my car if you can get to me o,0.....but my car will be bumping with fesitivities too =).

BIG C

Smash Master
Big C

and MI is still totally plannin on comin dope confirmed with me he had a ride today. anther lain and all them wanna go too.

blood hawk getting a tire fixed cmon now thats huge johnz rock that donut like a true champ.

lain

Smash Master
If like no one is going, I don't think MI will be coming to this. And so far, it looks like there's about 8.

Top Bottom