• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MSOP 3 - July 26th Charleston, IL First Circuit Event -come try out teh strikouts

nojoes

Smash Ace
It's a pride thing, maybe you wouldn't get it. You insulted me. Now either back up your **** talking or sit down and shut up. I hope to see you soon. To everyone else, I apologize from detracting from the thread, have a nice day.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Wait, let me see if I've got this right:

I'm childish and a pansy in real life, yet you're the one challenging someone you don't know to a fight over comments on message boards. Does this make sense to anyone expect this guy?
Captain Awesome gets 10 intelligence points.

Joe, you sound like an idiot. Unless you want to get banned from every midwest tournament that DOESN'T want a kid whose first reaction is to hit someone whenever he doesn't like what he hears, you gotta drop that. No one likes it, no one appreciates it, and no one cares how bad you're feelings get hurt on the internet.

Stop threatening to beat people up.

CaptainAwesome

Smash Ace
*edited after reading OS post*

Thanks for the backup. Some people take things a little too seriously. I wonder what would have happened to this guy if duels were still commonplace.

nojoes

Smash Ace
CA, sounds good, and it's just friendly jauntering Overswarm, no hard feelings, when it's done it's done, If he doesn't want to fight I don't have any problem with the kid, I'm not going to assault him by any means, but if he wants to fight, I'm all for it.

Edit: I'd probably get unlucky and be dead =D and I was threatening to beat him up, I just was stating I was going to confront him, I'm not running around knocking people out I'm just not particularly fond of people being ***** for no particular reason.

nojoes

Smash Ace
You came into a thread and starting bashing a game I happen to be fond of, so i just pointed out the irony of a brawl character representing your main. Then you personally insulted me, you made it personal.

CaptainAwesome

Smash Ace
I suppose irony is a good enough reason to say anything. In truth, I chose the main back before I discovered that Brawl wasn't my cup of tea. Also, the term I used (random *******) is the opposite of personal, as implied by the qualifier "random". I'm just being a prick at this point, but you took it as personal.

I guess we can agree to disagree here. I felt attacked by you pointing out the irony of the situation, which isn't uncommon since you can't identify tone or demeanor through text, and you felt attacked by my generic statement. Put it behind us?

nojoes

Smash Ace
Captain Awesome gets 10 intelligence points.

Joe, you sound like an idiot. Unless you want to get banned from every midwest tournament that DOESN'T want a kid whose first reaction is to hit someone whenever he doesn't like what he hears, you gotta drop that. No one likes it, no one appreciates it, and no one cares how bad you're feelings get hurt on the internet.

Stop threatening to beat people up.
Overswarm, how was my first reaction to hit him? I simply wanted to confront him for personally insulting me. Don't make assumptions and mind your own business.

Put it behind us?
Gladly. Sorry Brawl was a disappointment for you. :p

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Overswarm, how was my first reaction to hit him? I simply wanted to confront him for personally insulting me. Don't make assumptions and mind your own business.
alsoyou said:
3) You're childish and probably a pansy in real life, talk like that to my face, we'll see where it leads.
Of course, how could I misinterpret that as a call to violence. You just wanted to express your feelings of distaste through conversational discourse. -_-;;

Drop it. =P

nojoes

Smash Ace
No, I was telling him not to be an internet tough guy and say it to my face, he gladly abided, and you erroneously assumed I was running around to tournaments knocking people out and called me an idiot. You aren't God OS, quit acting like it. And now i'm dropping it.

<dropped>

Sliq

Smash Master
Wait, let me see if I've got this right:

I'm childish and a pansy in real life, yet you're the one challenging someone you don't know to a fight over comments on message boards. Does this make sense to anyone expect this guy?
Ironic typos ftw. Well, it's not really ironic, but I thought it was funny.

Tink

Smash Hero
rofl, everyone should go, this is going to be AMAZING!!!!

Tim, you should try to hitch a ride with mendoza to this. going to be plenty of partying.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
lol tim, its fine, im more of a melee fanman myself, but to be honost, when i finally gave brawl a real try, its pretty fun, i've slowly weeded melee out of my life.

anyway, with more pertinant information, the rules have been updated to a more standard set we all know and love.

it also includes when the tourney starts and what time youre welcome to show up to my place

viperboy_74

Smash Master
double post ftw.

this is a drama free apartment, so if CA and nojoes both show, you may be forced to meditate together while humming peaceful songs.

or maybe not, but regaurdless, this is a friendly zone :)

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
There's no problem if I come a couple hours late if I don't want to do teams, right? Right.

nojoes

Smash Ace
double post ftw.

this is a drama free apartment, so if CA and nojoes both show, you may be forced to meditate together while humming peaceful songs.

or maybe not, but regaurdless, this is a friendly zone :)
hah, no worries, our problems been resolved, all will be peaceful in viper's apartment

anyways, anyone want to set up some mm's in advanced?

Tink

Smash Hero
nojoes....i would like some =).....but id rather wait till were there to make them. there will be MADDD MMs going on if i bring dope along with me =).

viperboy_74

Smash Master
nah andy, you'll be fine, we'll offer doubles registration and singles registration from 10:30 - 11:30, but single registration won't end until later, right as doubles are ending, most likely, giving a 30 minute lunch break in there for me to finalize singles pools

which reminds me, we'll be using pool format, most likely 8 pools top 4 of each to a 32 man bracket, unless we happen to break 64 people, which would require some alteration, guess we'll see when the time comes

and another edit:
pre registration is now an option via www.thegamenexus.com
its not required, but will help if you're planning on showing up close to registration time and want to buy a little more time.

also, all tournament players receive a 10% discount at the Stove Pipe Grill and Smokehouse, the restaurant located at he facility.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Regarding MK Dimensional cape...

That should be useable as long as it isnt used as a stall. For moving from point a to point b in a linear fashion should not be banned IMO...

Stalling of any kind is banned, so if they use it to stall, the ref calls the match. That easy. If its not being used as a stall, then there is no reason to. That decision is made at the ref's discresion.

For my more in-depth assesment, please read my thread:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=4932757#post4932757

Banned via Administration

That should be useable as long as it isnt used as a stall. For moving from point a to point b in a linear fashion should not be banned IMO...

Stalling of any kind is banned, so if they use it to stall, the ref calls the match. That easy. If its not being used as a stall, then there is no reason to. That decision is made at the ref's discresion.
how about no.

Kel

Smash Master

For my more in-depth assesment, please read:
http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?pid=195496#p195496
Post #157. Thank you.
This isn't the thread for this. Also, read under general rules plz. He banned it from being used for stalling.

We're still discussing the stage list. It may be too late to use the stage striking system since the tournament is a week away. If there are any stages that you think should be on and aren't, say so. You don't have to write an essay for each stage you want (because I don't want this to become a stage discussion) but if anyone thinks that a stage should be on just say so and TJ and I will talk it over.

Bring all of your friends and family. If anything, come for Mega-Lincoln!!

PEEF!

Smash Hero
This isn't the thread for this. Also, read under general rules plz. He banned it from being used for stalling.
OK, thanks.

We're still discussing the stage list. It may be too late to use the stage striking system since the tournament is a week away. If there are any stages that you think should be on and aren't, say so. You don't have to write an essay for each stage you want (because I don't want this to become a stage discussion) but if anyone thinks that a stage should be on just say so and TJ and I will talk it over.
I would propose no Pirate Ship or especially Rainbow Cruise. I just feel that the variety of counterpicks is wide enough that these quite non-neutral maps are not needed.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
I would propose no Pirate Ship or especially Rainbow Cruise. I just feel that the variety of counterpicks is wide enough that these quite non-neutral maps are not needed.
rainbow cruise is actually a quiet common counter pick stage to be on (don't know how many actually use it though.. i certainly don't.)

viperboy_74

Smash Master
i've definately had some good laughs on pictochat, but in all honesty, its not tournament viable, imo.

yeah with some good reasoning, the stage selection and tournament running method may be changed, i've still gotta read up on the strike out rule.

if it does change, a post will be made about it, and it won't happen until everyone participating is notified

Kel

Smash Master
Viperboy, you might want to check up on the BR Picto Chat thread. There's some pretty good insight on the hazards in that thread.

Top Bottom