• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MSOP 3 - July 26th Charleston, IL First Circuit Event -come try out teh strikouts

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Let's get some characters with those top8 results.
there was only about 25 people that came.

results-
doubles-
1-tink/dope
2-anther/lain
3-dr. x/OS

singles-
1-tink-wario
2-OS-ROB
3-chewy-ICs/DDD
4-sliq-bowser/kirby
5-kel-DDD/???
5-ripple-DK
7-bloodhawk-???
7-viperboy-G&W
9-anther-PIKA!!!

little bit better then last place- lain
last place-dope
lol, I was the one to konck out dope even when he went DDD on deliphino against my DK.

btw chewyy was the most hated person at the tournament because the only thing he did was infinite people like no other. one game vs. lemon was only 1 min long because he 0-death him 2x without taking damage and then lemon forfeit. the only reason he lost was because OS didn't even touch the ground to be grabbed, he just sat on the ledge and lasered and naired

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
btw chewyy was the most hated person at the tournament because the only thing he did was infinite people like no other. one game vs. lemon was only 1 min long because he 0-death him 2x without taking damage and then lemon forfeit. the only reason he lost was because OS didn't even touch the ground to be grabbed, he just sat on the ledge and lasered and naired
Looooool

btw good **** tink

Big_R

Smash Champion
this ****ing stud

so ya i think darkrain just schooled me and the circuit of fail. mw doesnt travel for brawl but it brings in locals. just have ur tournys in cities boys.

people really should consult darkrain about toury dates. he wasn't lying haha

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
so this didnt even get enough people to be considered a circuit event.
nice **** tho tink. i hope i added some drama with my fake "IM BACK" post lol just wanted to make u guys sweat a lil

Vayseth

Smash Master
Wow, good shiz everyone! ICs/DDD huh? That guy is gonna make chain grabbing banned in the midwest XD

Glad to see Sliq placing so high. Who did Sliq use for most of the tournament?

Blood hawk played lucario, if I remember correctly. Kel probably played MK?

You probably beat dope's DDD because he refuses to chain throw. Without the throw, the match is probably in DK's favor.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
There was another DK and I didn't even know it? And he got 5th? Huh.

Dope didn't get last, by the way--he got last out of the bracket. So did I.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
btw chewyy was the most hated person at the tournament because the only thing he did was infinite people like no other.
no shutup. Chewy was the most admired person at the tournament because nobody knew who the *** he was but he pwned Overswarm in the pool set, and pretty much came out of nowhere with no professional practice and ***** everyone.

wow, that kid was somthin.

Tink

Smash Hero
rofl, id never admire someone thats just gonna infinite <_< thats just ridic(didnt get to play him, so i just assume from hearing from people). his DDD on the other hand was pretty good.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
rofl, id never admire someone thats just gonna infinite
But Tink, remember he was playing against Overswarm...Does that make it any better? hahaha

He didnt use ICs to infinate, just CG across the map like D3. He ***** with IC's in other ways too. He would desync ice blocks in less than half a second of the match starting, and his blizzard combos were mad. Me and Lane were just like "OOOOHHH MAH GAWDDD" the entire time watching him play OS.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Chewy would chain me across the level, but that's not such a big deal. And the spike only worked once.

In some friendlies, Lain would chain me back and forth. That was a bit more annoying. But c'mon, it's not like there weren't chain grabs in Melee. The only things you should be complaining about are Metaknight and K.K. Rider.

Vayseth

Smash Master
You mean K.K. Slyder? The dog from AC?

And ICs are stupid ridiculous. We have Lain and Omniswell playing them in MI now. Anther plays them alright as well.

Rich: You're not going to win your argument. Yes, it takes a LARGE amount of skill to play ICs and to play them well takes an infinite amount of time, patience and all sorts of things I don't have. But the fact remains that if you get a grab on ANYONE in the cast, you lose a stock. The skill with ICs then becomes getting a grab, which, on a TON of the cast, is not hard. If we start banning characters (like Meta/Snake, whatever) ICs will be RIGHT there, because they are by far the craziest characters in the game.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Good tournament.

lol at people that haven't realized why there is a consistent discrepancy in my pool seed and my final placement in every tournament.

This was probably the hardest tournament I've been to. At first I thought it was going to be a waste... only 25 people? But then the few "no names" that showed up were suprisingly good and everyone else had stepped their game up considerably.

Tink, good ****. I'm comin' for ya next time. I gotta stop studying MK and Pikachu now and start to zone in on Wario, I guess. Worst part is I'll be ahead in % by a huge margin and just runnin' the timer down, waiting for you to mess up and I can get an easy KO.... then you start to glow and ten seconds later I've got pink eye and I'm rocked off the screen. :(

Chewie, pro-tip:

If someone is just cmaping the ledge, run off and hug the ledge. You "snap" onto it, so they can't hit you with an aerial; if they don't jump off, just bair them to spike them off the stage. I'm not sure how well it works with ICs (you having Nana and all), but it does work with D3.

Ledge camping should never work against anyone!

Keep going to tournaments, Chewie.

Next circuit event is in Ann Arbor! Just about everyone will be going to South Bend for Smash and Coffee 2 (it has a HOG ROAST!), so get your practice in there.

Kyari, SaC will have better counterpicks for you. You kinda got screwed over at this tournament since you couldn't take me to like... any good Link stages. :\

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
HOG ROAST?

**** i'm so there.

i hope all the new blood can make it out on friday/saturday to SaC2. For more info, see my sig...

lain

Smash Master
Good **** to everyone. I enjoyed it even though it wasn't a lot of people.

I definitely should have placed higher at this event (like say. 2nd or 3rd?) but I'm scrub and (johnz) decided to play snake for some ******** REASON when it counted. ><

But yeah, I <3 Chewy cause he's good as hell. People were saying my IC's were better, but Chewy's had the tech down pat for the CG's, and crazy blizzard **** I'm gonna start to incorporate. And he placed like a bunch higher then me. Chewy is 222 gewdz.

Peef is a scrub and doesn't use Smashboards enough.

Oh and good **** bloodhawk. I was just frustrated at the end for getting out of bracket so soon.

Also, is this really not going to be considered a circuit event because there wasn't enough people?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
This better be a circuit event for points at least; all the good people showed up >_>

Kel

Smash Master
Yes, this will still count towards circuit points.

I love how all of the things that the Melee noobs say about Brawl being bad can also be said about Melee. MSOP1 +2 (MELEE GOMGOMGOMG) also had the same turnout.

I had an awesome time and I want to thank TJ for going through all the trouble to house and organize the tournament. Great times were had.

****it, I got 5th AGAIN haha

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
Good stuff everyone. I know I should have done better.... The good thing is, there is always another tournament, so I'm not too disappointed.

I'll have to have a real MM with Anther at Rofa's. : )

Kel, I'll definitely have to get more matches with you too. Ours are always intense. : D

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
yah i got 9th, i played horrible and im still underrated but its all good.

im banning luigi mansion always from now ons -_-.

and i was kinda dissapointed wit anther who i thought shoulda came in top 3

tournament was wack (no1s fault) made me not wanan go to a out of state tournament again, but i probably will.

and juntah is funny, and big c is pretty cool

Doctor X

Smash Lord
So... let's get this straight. You got beat real bad by Chewy, right? Yet, there's a very simple way of stopping that from happening... and you wouldn't do it, why? Does it break any rules? Of course not, none aside from those you make up in your head. That scrubby BS like this could be so prevalent among the higher-level smash crowd is apalling. :ohwell:

The johns need to stop. Even if you want to discount his obviously significant Brawl skills, you still owe him some amount of respect as a fellow human being. He beat you in a way you don't find aesthetically pleasing-- that doesn't give you the right to hate him and moan about him like some kind of diseased outcast.

As for the Brawl johns... something interesting happened at Viperboy's place after the tournament. We got together three Melee setups thinking we'd do the usual switching back to Melee after being bored with Brawl. In less than an hour people were already talking about switching back to Brawl (especially when OS started winning with wobbles and other "gay" strats :laugh:). Tink, BIG C, Viperboy, Dope, Kel, and others swapped their setup back to Brawl for the rest of the night.

People voluntarily thinking "brawl sounds like fun right now" while playing Melee. Imagine that, huh? :p

So seriously, shaddup with the johns. We've heard all of it already. If all these MW people wanna prove something about Brawl then travel and win a tournament where there's actual competition. Until then, cut the negativity, you're not helping anybody.

Either way, great tournament. I wish I hadn't failed so hard in singles, now people are going to say OS carried me in Doubles. :embarrass

BIG C

Smash Master
thax is cool as well didn't talk much tho thax get out there sir be a mothafuxin pterodactyl in that ***** sir.
rofl at the brawl thing i'll play w/e any1 else is playing. I'm done with competitive melee so I really dont feel like trying to play such a game.

and ripple I, myself am one to massively complain and john in matches but, as I've told people about it like I complain but I'm in no way saying the person shouldn't play that way. there is no reason to think that, even if it's gay it's wrong to think that they shouldn't so it just bcuz it's gay, I don't like that **** either but, it's legit and effective so people are gonna get used to it. Overswarm camps the hell out of the ledge in matches and it works against people sure it's gay but he wins the majority of the tournaments he goes to.

Brawl is really all about playing gay you have to use your safest moves and space like a beast learn to play like that and you won't be getting ran up on and grabbed on.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
thax is cool as well didn't talk much tho thax get out there sir be a mothafuxin pterodactyl in that ***** sir.
rofl at the brawl thing i'll play w/e any1 else is playing. I'm done with competitive melee so I really dont feel like trying to play such a game.

and ripple I, myself am one to massively complain and john in matches but, as I've told people about it like I complain but I'm in no way saying the person shouldn't play that way. there is no reason to think that, even if it's gay it's wrong to think that they shouldn't so it just bcuz it's gay, I don't like that **** either but, it's legit and effective so people are gonna get used to it. Overswarm camps the hell out of the ledge in matches and it works against people sure it's gay but he wins the majority of the tournaments he goes to.

Brawl is really all about playing gay you have to use your safest moves and space like a beast learn to play like that and you won't be getting ran up on and grabbed on.
OS's method of fighting doesn't prevent me from inputing commands unlike ICs infinite. OS's method of winning might be gay(I don't think so) but it doesn't stop a person from playing. against ICs, telling people not to get grabbed is stupid too(I know you didn't say it but others do) its like telling someone in melee who is fighting a fox not to get shinned. thats not possible. (on any neutral stage) only except in brawl 1 grab = death

Kel

Smash Master
One shine can kill you in Melee and it takes far less tech skill. You also have the ability to mash out of the Ice Climber's grab at lower percents and to smash DI any Fair to grab combo they might try.

Grabbing is all the Ice Climbers can do. You're telling me that you expect to be able to beat an IC player with little to no experience fighting the ICs the first time you play them in a tournament, but that same IC player that has experience fighting your character should lose? Seems kind of more imbalanced than a technical grab combo.

BIG C

Smash Master
OS's method of fighting doesn't prevent me from inputing commands unlike ICs infinite. OS's method of winning might be gay(I don't think so) but it doesn't stop a person from playing. against ICs, telling people not to get grabbed is stupid too(I know you didn't say it but others do) its like telling someone in melee who is fighting a fox not to get shinned. thats not possible. (on any neutral stage) only except in brawl 1 grab = death
well not for all characters as in brawl the lack of hitstun owns spikes as it is the whole thing is the infinites actually take a good amount of practice to actually be able to do. getting a grab is basically all ICs can do it's the main strat DK gets owned by the spike cuz his vertical recovery sux. if you were using say wario or snake you could get out of the hitstun of the fair spike and recover to the ledge. getting out of grabs happens alot faster in brawl than in melee or it least it seems as such.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Peef is a scrub and doesn't use Smashboards enough.
-___-

See, now they all think ima scrub. Good job. Now Im glad u phailed so badly.

Big C. Next time we play, be ready for my counterpick stage. PTERODACTYL *****!

Im glad you overcame your hugeee jawnz in doubles. We beat anthers team one match. Then you decided to go back go failing. Not enough b-air!! hahaha.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Landing the IC's grab is much more difficult than Fox's shine, number one, but that's kinda beside the point.

The IC's infinites, particularly the ones he used on you in that match you posted, do not prevent you from "inputting commands." You can smash DI out, I'm fairly sure. I'll see if I can get OS to record a video if he comes to my fest Tuesday.

Even if you can't, the IC's still have a hell of a lot of disadvantages that can be exploited to effectively balance out the infinites-- mainly the fact that if you can prevent them from grabbing you there's not much they can do to you, and Nana is easily killed once separated from Popo. This kind of thing is not new. People did it in Melee and it was a heck of a lot easier to do and even harder to escape.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
-___-

See, now they all think ima scrub. Good job. Now Im glad u phailed so badly.
You take things waaaayyy too seriously. But that's okay, because you're not familiar with how much **** lain likes to talk just for the hell of it and to look arrogant.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
One shine can kill you in Melee and it takes far less tech skill. You also have the ability to mash out of the Ice Climber's grab at lower percents and to smash DI any Fair to grab combo they might try.

Grabbing is all the Ice Climbers can do. You're telling me that you expect to be able to beat an IC player with little to no experience fighting the ICs the first time you play them in a tournament, but that same IC player that has experience fighting your character should lose? Seems kind of more imbalanced than a technical grab combo.
first off shine spiking took some degree of skill because the opponent could sometimes tech the ledge depending on character and then they could recover and it only did 3-5% when a well placed smash did 12-16% making shine spiking a bad choice. shine spiking was not smart to do.

who said that I had no experience fighting the ICs? chewyy is my neighbor and he is the only one around me I play. I have plenty of experience against ICs but that doesn't make me super good at the match up. I still lose every game I play against chewyy when I play as DK because of how bad DK matches up against him. its like 5-95 match up. the fact that I hate is that DK should not win because of 1 grab. DK has a terrible time separating them. if you played dk you would get pissed off too at how dumb it is.

oh and btw if you guys didn't know, the ICs have been banned in Japan at major tournaments. although I'm not sure if it was the whole character or if they just restricted the 0-death chain grab. but nonetheless Japan knows how broken they are, they have had more time to mess with it than we have. the ICs will be banned or at least the chain grab will be restricted some how.

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
i do think the chaingrab should be restricted somehow. because there is nothing to do when grabbed. after u get grabbed you might as well put your controller down and walk away and grab some snacks. and it doesnt just work on some characters, it works on all.

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
Kyari, SaC will have better counterpicks for you. You kinda got screwed over at this tournament since you couldn't take me to like... any good Link stages. :\
Yeah, haha... tell me about it :rolleyes:. I was thinking about a new way to conduct our money matches. Here's how I think it should work. We did a 5 dollar MM the first time, with a best of 3, and a 10 dollar MM the 2nd time, with a bo5. I want the next one to be an increase, but I want to make it a little different - I want it to be a bo7, and every game in the set counts as 5 dollars. So that means our games could potentially be 35 dollars, or they could be as little as 15, depending on how well each of us perform. I also think that will make the MM's a lot more epic if I'm able to take it all the way to the last two games, hopefully winning it and creating a huge upset. Sound like a good idea?

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
You guys remember a little thing called wobbling? The one that was supposed to break the game and make ICs the best character, only there was NO increase in IC tournament placement? Well, Brawl IC chains aren't any different. And if your character is a big fat gorilla, have a secondary. I should know--I switched to Zelda against chewy, and maybe if I were any good I could have won.

Keep the ICs separated and don't get grabbed. Really. I'm not good at this game, and this weekend was my first Brawl experience ever against ICs, and I thought I was doing sort of okay against them.

People who want things to be banned don't realize what a disservice it does to the metagame.

Top Bottom