• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I got to see all the images that are displayed in Challenges, and I'm just very disappointed that Rosalina only appeared in two of the images, while the other 138 gave way more attention to most of the other fighters. You would think that she'd receive more time in the spotlight.
It's not that big of a deal to me. From what I can remember, there are other fighters that have only two as well...and I think Greninja only has one.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So I've heard that custom amiibos are going to be sold soon at Toys “R” Us online. It's currently in the process of happening but not much is known at the moment. I honestly wish there was Rosalina amiibo customized like the Cosmic Spirit, but it would cost at lot or be sold out in an instant. However, I'd totally pay to have someone customize mine.

http://nintendoeverything.com/toys-r-us-to-sell-fan-made-amiibo-customizations-on-its-website/
Yeah, I think it's gonna sell a lot of money.
Oh , and I mentioned that one Rosalina's weird expression reminds me another female character, you might know her if you had played Pokemon ORAS Delta episode, she's called Zinnia, and in every battle, she always has that expression, she just gives me the nerves...
Here's a cute fanart of her, doing her expression when you battle her after catching Rayquaza.
OMG... she looks cute, but I can't stare at her face even for 5 seconds...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh, I only say it because I know what the original looks like, haha.

I appreciate any art of Rosalina as long as it's drawn well and isn't something derogatory.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
@ Claire Diviner Claire Diviner where did you avatar pic come from?
I already had ask her before, turns out it is NSFW, awkward...
Ahahaha! Nooooo, no no noooo. XD
No, please don't...
Here's a non-resized version of my avatar with the neutral colors, but that's the best I'll do.

Her face details looks awesome, even this pic is NSFW, she still looks very clam. She doesn't look embarrassed or something.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Okay, since customs are on the path to EVO 2015, what are Rosalina's best custom moves?

When it comes to her standard special, I use the regular Luma Shot or Power Luma Shot, but I expect a lot of tournament players to have the standard special untouched.

For her side special, the Shooting Star Bit is pretty much the best out of all 3 side specials (long range, good damage). I find that the Floaty Star Bit is pretty good to trap your opponent, but the standard Star Bits kinda sucks.

As for the down specials, I'd have a hard time deciding which is best. Gravitational Pull and Guardian Luma are pretty good, but I use Catch & Release since I use it to gimp people under the stage and pressure them heavily off stage, especially when they're recovering.

Lastly, I think her up special is really left up to preference. All 3 are good on their own right and they all have their weaknesses, but I personally choose the standard Launch Star.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
A lot of competitive players love Luma Warp, wouldn't be surprised if it's all Rosalina players use.

Depending on whether or not switching movesets is allowed between matches, people will switch up the Down B based on match-up. Gravitational Pull against projectile users, Guardian Luma or Catch & Release against anyone else.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Okay, since customs are on the path to EVO 2015, what are Rosalina's best custom moves?

When it comes to her standard special, I use the regular Luma Shot or Power Luma Shot, but I expect a lot of tournament players to have the standard special untouched.

For her side special, the Shooting Star Bit is pretty much the best out of all 3 side specials (long range, good damage). I find that the Floaty Star Bit is pretty good to trap your opponent, but the standard Star Bits kinda sucks.

As for the down specials, I'd have a hard time deciding which is best. Gravitational Pull and Guardian Luma are pretty good, but I use Catch & Release since I use it to gimp people under the stage and pressure them heavily off stage, especially when they're recovering.

Lastly, I think her up special is really left up to preference. All 3 are good on their own right and they all have their weaknesses, but I personally choose the standard Launch Star.
I like of of her original moves, but I like the original luma shot, fast start bits, original launch star, and Guardian Luma.

Last edited:

Castell

Smash Rookie
NNID
Castell
3DS FC
5172-2314-1551
Wait customs are official now? HUZZAH!
Honestly I believe Luma warp, Shooting Star Bit, Launch Star, and Gravity Pull is the best. The potential and combo ability of Luma Warp is amazing, kill, combo, lock down. Plus it pairs up well with Shooting Star Bit. The only advantage regular Star bit has is 3% more and being a disjoint. But the zoning potential and range, man. Mixing up between Star bit and Luma Warp is reaalllllll!

After testing Lauch Star Attack, yeah the default is definitely the best. Godlike recovery, ability to angle. So good. Also Gravitational Pull doesn't require Luma to be there unlike Guardian Luma. That's amazing and allows us to more easily stall for Luma to come back.

Not to say there isn't potential in the other customs. I'm really interested in finding ways to use Floaty Star Bit with Luma Warp or when's a good time to pull out Power Luma Shot.

This is amazing news!

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I feel Launch Star Attack is a bit underrated. It's not like it can't be angled (granted not quite as well as the standard Launch Star). It lacks range, sure, but Rosalina's jumps, paired with her floatiness should make the short range somewhat of a non-issue, and the hitbox is actually really good, making it very difficult for opponents to try and punish her just for using it. Just my two cents.

Also, expect Luma Warp to be the gold standard among Rosalina users. The instant nature of the warp is just amazing, and the combo potential is also very apparent. Combine that with her Shooting Star Bit, and she becomes a far better zoning character than she already is, and the amount of stage control she can command is something to not take lightly.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Okay guys, sorry to put this up again, he really confuses me.
Recently I go check deeper on mariotehplumber's videos, on of it uploaded before his "Stop Rosalina Harrassment" video, but now when I reply him, he just seem to hate you guys keep mocking about him, now he hates you guys..."Sigh" I just don't understand, he already did apologize for doing trolls and say respect the ones who like Hentai, but feels like that he take back his words... yeah, it is his problem, but it looks like we had push him..

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Recently I go check deeper on mariotehplumber's videos, on of it uploaded before his "Stop Rosalina Harrassment" video, but now when I reply him, he just seem to hate you guys keep mocking about him, now he hates you guys..."Sigh" I just don't understand, he already did apologize for doing trolls and say respect the ones who like Hentai, but feels like that he take back his words... yeah, it is his problem, but it looks like we had push him..
The best course of action is to stop dwelling on him. He is of no real concern to us, and by constantly talking about him, you're only doing him a favor by bringing attention to him. I'm convinced that's all he wants and cares for.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The best course of action is to stop dwelling on him. He is of no real concern to us, and by constantly talking about him, you're only doing him a favor by bringing attention to him. I'm convinced that's all he wants and cares for.
If he didn't make that Rosalina video, I might forgive him and forget about him, during his appearance in this thread, I wasn't there at the time, and he seems to "Gain reputation" and hopes to forget about this. But of course you guys were just want know the truth but seems to have no agreedment... in that video he said he respect the hentais and Rosalina fans, he never mocks people in real life... I think the online community just piss him off, and he just want to show who's the boss...
Okay I know you will think I'm too biased to mariotehplumber, I still don't like his way online... but hope you look more deeper if you really want criticize him rather than just threating him.
Alright, next time I won't mention him again, I just hope he stop going on the wrong track. Don't really keep regarding him as a crap all the time, I like his apologize video, but he seems to take back his words...

OK enough of him, back to Rosalina custom moves, I don't really know why customs moves are legal in EVO now, I know that custom moves was once available back in the Smash 3DS tournament, I found out that some moves really can give Rosalina a huge advantage compare to some characters moves that just nerfs them down, like Mario's powerful but bad recovery explosive punch. It makes the MU more interesting compare to none custom tournaments.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I would just tell him straight up "**** you too, ***!" :p

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I would just tell him straight up "**** you too, ***!" :p
Whoa.. hope you are not mocking me too Tino... I just hope you won't be a troller, and you had said you won't. Just forget about him...
And I think although the trollers makes sense, but to me, threating is inappropriate... don't take amiibos that serious, just have fun while collecting them, don't get mad or frustrated.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Whoa.. hope you are not mocking me too Tino... I just hope you won't be a troller, and you had said you won't. Just forget about him...
And I think although the trollers makes sense, but to me, threating is inappropriate... don't take amiibos that serious, just have fun while collecting them, don't get mad or frustrated.
Sounds like something you should be reminding yourself too, homie. Like @ Claire Diviner Claire Diviner said, **** him and let him live in his own fantasy world. He's already mentally ill enough to the point where he completely lost his touch with reality.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Sounds like something you should be reminding yourself too, homie. Like @ Claire Diviner Claire Diviner said, **** him and let him live in his own fantasy world. He's already mentally ill enough to the point where he completely lost his touch with reality.
I... think you really should watch his apology video, okay, I know you guys hate him so I guess let's throw him behind... I take in to this by myself.
Recently I got plenty of red envelops during Chinese New Year, so far I got 8000NT$, which is around 252 US$, still no enough to buy an American New 3DS XL here, which is around 8300$ , about 261US$, I don't know why it's so expensive to buy an American region New 3DS XL...

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Okay, so this is pretty neat. You can use Bowser in Amiibo Party, but what has me little more intrigued is that he has a theme song when it's his turn. This could possibly mean that Rosalina and others would have a theme song as well, however, I don't think that'll be the case all the time since Bowser's on his board. I think that if you use the amiibo related to the board, you get the character's theme to play when it's your turn. Also, this is about 37 minutes of gameplay right here, but it's all about Amiibo Party unfortunately.

Last edited:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
OK enough of him, back to Rosalina custom moves, I don't really know why customs moves are legal in EVO now, I know that custom moves was once available back in the Smash 3DS tournament,
If memory serves me well, EVO's reasoning is that custom moves do not require downloading nor hacking or modding. Because they're simply unlockable like any unlockable character or stage, they're fair game. Honestly, I'm okay with that.
I found out that some moves really can give Rosalina a huge advantage compare to some characters moves that just nerfs them down, like Mario's powerful but bad recovery explosive punch. It makes the MU more interesting compare to none custom tournaments.
While some characters seem to be nerfed by their custom moves (I don't see much viability in Ganon using anything other than his standard specials), there are some characters who also receive interesting buffs as a result.

Palutena and Miis, in particular, have all of their customs available from the start, and unlike other characters, whose custom moves are variations of their already existing standard specials, their customs are heavily varied, and can give them levels of unpredictability that can give them an interesting edge, though the whole "fair game" rule still applies.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Already saw this, it was awesome!
If memory serves me well, EVO's reasoning is that custom moves do not require downloading nor hacking or modding. Because they're simply unlockable like any unlockable character or stage, they're fair game. Honestly, I'm okay with that.

While some characters seem to be nerfed by their custom moves (I don't see much viability in Ganon using anything other than his standard specials), there are some characters who also receive interesting buffs as a result.

Palutena and Miis, in particular, have all of their customs available from the start, and unlike other characters, whose custom moves are variations of their already existing standard specials, their customs are heavily varied, and can give them levels of unpredictability that can give them an interesting edge, though the whole "fair game" rule still applies.
Hm...is power customs also included too? I'm not sure if they say you can also use powers as well.
The next photo challenge is in session, and my snapshot contribution for it involves Rosalina.

Rosalina: Power Star, please give me the strength to defeat the forces of evil.

Link: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHizNUR5-w
Wow, Rosalina battling with Ridley, Metal Face, an I don't know what's that big and furry thing is.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
The Imprisoned. It's one of the major bosses in Skyward Sword, and it also appears in Hyrule Warriors.
It's also really annoying to take down in Hyrule Warriors. Trying to get materials from it takes forever. It's a good thing that there's a mixture you can create to get Gold and Silver materials extremely easy.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The Imprisoned. It's one of the major bosses in Skyward Sword, and it also appears in Hyrule Warriors.
Oh, thanks
It's also really annoying to take down in Hyrule Warriors. Trying to get materials from it takes forever. It's a good thing that there's a mixture you can create to get Gold and Silver materials extremely easy.
It sure looks tough to beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom