• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So here's some interesting news:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._in_the_game_discusses_sources_of_inspiration

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker was originally going to be a story narrated by Rosalina, a la Super Mario Galaxy 2, and she might have appeared in the ending too. However, they scrapped the idea in favour of a simpler story.

Also, the various pixel Rosalinas hidden throughout the game were added by the dev team in secret. The director of the game didn't know about them until the game was finished!
That is disappointing. Would've been really cute thing to have.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So here's some interesting news:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._in_the_game_discusses_sources_of_inspiration

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker was originally going to be a story narrated by Rosalina, a la Super Mario Galaxy 2, and she might have appeared in the ending too. However, they scrapped the idea in favour of a simpler story.

Also, the various pixel Rosalinas hidden throughout the game were added by the dev team in secret. The director of the game didn't know about them until the game was finished!
Wow, so they were going to make it as a short sequel to Super Mario Galaxy 2! I like Captain Toad, and I will love the gaem more if there's Rosalina.
So hey Rosalina mains. I've been messing with Rosalina lately and I think I'm getting the hang of her enough to consider having her as a secondary. I like Rosalina as a character too so it all works out well.

Though adjusting to her floaty physics coming from Greninja who's around the third fastest faller in the game is being quite awkward =P
Keep up the good work! If you have any problems with Rosalina just ask us!
Upon close inspection , I realized that The one that has the fault for Rosalina sounding slighly awkward in MK8 was the GAME ITSELF.

Listen to this , the clean voice clips . It sounds really pretty and calm , in the end.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0XMmXjsr5qe

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0lM3du2JNOH

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1FK9pyVCxZj
Are these voice clips from MK8? I think it's not bad, just sound a bit high pitch.
Wait, since Rosalina has a different name in different regions, does that mean Laura Faye Smith would have to make a recording for each name.
Unless there's a game that she has to say her own name, but interestingly, Rosalina is the only human female character who doesn't say her own name. So far I have never hear her speaking her own name yet...

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Well that seems a little silly, it would make no sense for someone in france to unlock Harmonie and have her say "Rosalina"
Yeah i get where you are coming from.

Long ago , Nintendo had specific speeches for the characters that switched names between the USA and Japan.

More specific , in Mario Tennis 64. The announcer (Mario) changed his quotes if Birdo won a game set.

In America Mario said:

GAME! Birdo !

In Japan , however it's changed and Mario says:

GAME! Catherine!

To match the regional differences.

However that's not really the case anymore , unless the characters have different voices in different languages , ala Kid Icarus characters for example.

Since The OFFICIAL VOICE for Rosalina is in English, much like most of the Mario cast , then her Universal name to be used would be the English one , when she speaks with her voice , that is.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yeah i get where you are coming from.

Long ago , Nintendo had specific speeches for the characters that switched names between the USA and Japan.

More specific , in Mario Tennis 64. The announcer (Mario) changed his quotes if Birdo won a game set.

In America Mario said:

GAME! Birdo !

In Japan , however it's changed and Mario says:

GAME! Catherine!

To match the regional differences.

However that's not really the case anymore , unless the characters have different voices in different languages , ala Kid Icarus characters for example.

Since The OFFICIAL VOICE for Rosalina is in English, much like most of the Mario cast , then her Universal name to be used would be the English one , when she speaks with her voice , that is.
I really hope she can have a Japanese voice actor compare to other Mario characters.
I recently checked IGNs most popular amiibos by country. See Rosalina is not even on the top 10 in the US at all! Guess that's because Rosalina has more rarer amiibo stocks compare to Mario, Link, and Kirby. And I want to note that these are the sales, not really a poll popularity, so if they made more Rosalina amiibos, she could be the most popular...
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02...os-by-country?abthid=54e2c73ee4ba87c74600002a

And fellas, more news, a Youtube channeler Anel Glory is gonna make a SSB4 machinima, and he is requesting for voice actor, and kind of weird that there's no Rosalina in this list, only Bowser Jr... but if you guys think you have the voice. Go and give it a try!
Characters are: :4dk:<<Yeah, he speaks in his machinima,:4zss:(This also includes Samus), :4zelda::4sheik:(Same voice actor),:4sonic:,:4bowserjr:,and :4littlemac:

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
A DeviantArt user who goes by the name of Ashley-andRed, managed to rig Rosalina's Wii U model, and has it available to download.

http://fav.me/d8i9chg

Sadly, as impressive as the model is, because I lack the ability to view MMD models, I can't even check out the model for myself.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
A DeviantArt user who goes by the name of Ashley-andRed, managed to rig Rosalina's Wii U model, and has it available to download.

Sadly, as impressive as the model is, because I lack the ability to view MMD models, I can't even check out the model for myself.
Wow, the pic itself it's already good.
Okay, I've download the file, inside the files has a lot of texture pics and weird files...
I hope someone can use the models texture to make a Rosalina papercraft.
What kind of software do I need it to see the model?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I'm almost positive that isn't a rip of the actual SSBU model. Since her reveal, there has been an edited version of the Galaxy model going around that's simply retextured to look more like the SSBU model.

Plus, the game hasn't been hacked into on that capacity yet. I doubt she would be first model people would extract.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm almost positive that isn't a rip of the actual SSBU model. Since her reveal, there has been an edited version of the Galaxy model going around that's simply retextured to look more like the SSBU model.

Plus, the game hasn't been hacked into on that capacity yet. I doubt she would be first model people would extract.
No matter what, I think the model looks gorgeous, but just how can I see that model? What kind of software do I need to download?
If one day we can get the SSBU models, I hope one day some can make a Rosalina paper model, (I'm a papercraft collector.)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
No matter what, I think the model looks gorgeous, but just how can I see that model? What kind of software do I need to download?
If one day we can get the SSBU models, I hope one day some can make a Rosalina paper model, (I'm a papercraft collector.)
Yeah it's a shame that such models are never converted into .mdl0 format, as that's the model format that BrawlBox uses.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
So, is there something to Rosalina's Launch Star that I'm forgetting? Usually if I'm facing away from the ledge and go too deep and use it, I just keep shooting myself even further away from the ledge. Is there a way to make Rosalina turn around when using that I just can't do or is it meant to work that way?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
BrawlBox? What's that?
It's a software tool that you can use to read and edit Super Smash Bros. Brawl's ISO contents. It can also read the decompressed contents from Mario Kart Wii, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Sports Mix, Kirby's Return to Dream Land, and Mario Party 9. You can find the software by going to the Kitty Corp Meow Mix Forums, and checking out the Brawl Vault.

And in case you were curious, I used to do hacks for most of those games.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That last one is literally the face she makes while in a tumble state after being launched, or when she does a D-Tilt.

It's hilarious, she hasn't got a care in the world.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
EDIT: Whoops, I guess someone already said it. My bad.

Okay, here's a little neat thing I found out in the Miiverse interview with game director Shinya Hiratake...

"Actually, I didn't know about this either [pixel Rosalina appearances] until the game was completed! Looks like the designers put some extra love into this game! Although actually, there was a time when we were discussing whether the story of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker should connect with Super Mario 3D World or if we should present it as a story being read by Rosalina! If we had gone with the book idea, Rosalina might've appeared in person at the end of the game, but we decided to make the story connect with Super Mario 3D World in the end!"

That's pretty cool that Rosalina might have made an official appearance in this game.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Oddly enough, I'm not getting any notifications from this thread. This always happens to me. Does this happen to anybody else who watches threads?

EDIT: Oh sorry, I double posted. I was eager to reply in a hurry since I'm busy atm.

This is true for the most part. The model that's going around is not from the Wii U and is actually re-textured, but Wii U model extraction has already taken off. You can see this at model resource. The only fighters ripped so far are Duck Hunt, Kirby, and Yoshi. There are also Assist Trophy characters ripped as well, like Ashley and Shadow the Hedgehog.
The same goes for regular trophies too, except there's only one at the moment...
http://www.models-resource.com/other_systems/supersmashbrosforwiiu/

Last edited by a moderator:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
In the end, even if you're able to download the models, you can't even use them without the proper software; this is especially true for the MMD models. BrawlBox is only compatible with models that have been converted into the .mdl0 format, so it's useless for all the other model formats.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@ Swiftie_Muggle Swiftie_Muggle : For future reference, you can upload Smash Wii U snapshots that are as big as 1920x1080 pixels, if you take the snapshots from your SD card, and upload them onto your computer.

[collapse=Example]
[/collapse]

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
So here's a video recently uploaded on YouTube about Rosalina & Luma combos (not by me).
What do you guys think?
A helpful video all around, aside from missing U-Throw -> U-Tilt since that's more guaranteed than U-Smash and The Star Bits after the 2nd Jab looks pretty useful even though it isn't a legit combo.
That Advanced part makes me wanna mess with the auto cancel stuff with Luma a little more.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Oh crap, I was mentioned in a video on YouTube. I never would have expected that to happen...
By the way, the video starts off when he comments on me, so you don't have to look at the entire video, despite the title.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Oh crap, I was mentioned in a video on YouTube. I never would have expected that to happen...
By the way, the video starts off when he comments on me, so you don't have to look at the entire video, despite the title.
Uh oh! What did you say? I'm busy watching "NCIS" to see the video myself.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Uh oh! What did you say? I'm busy watching "NCIS" to see the video myself.
Here's what I wrote in a previous video of his (which is the one he talks about in the video above):

"When I was in college for game design, I felt like this kind of knowledge about a person's brain, getting them hooked into a game, etc, was a bit too much for me. I felt like I was going to playtest on guinea pigs, or like people were my experiments. I felt like I was going to abuse that knowledge. Later on, I dropped out of college for several reasons, but I remember this kind of stuff influencing my decision for quitting"

Here's what he wrote back:

"Sorry to hear that! I just think games have been the first to link physiology to design in such an explicit. Other artists do the same thing, but not so brazenly."

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Guys.................it's this guys again....
No, he is not mentioning about Rosalina anymore, but he still doesn't compromise for his scheme......
Honestly, I still don't completely know what is he trying to say... but I am still anger of his video, not only he still doesn't regret his action of buying a lot of amiibos, he even thinks it's Nintendo's scheme that many people will buy amiibos. And say it in a provocative way...

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I did some mucking about in Blender. Playing around with lighting:

Cool. I should probably get back into stuff like that. Especially with 3DSMax and Maya.

By the way, check out this exclusive nonsense:

Yeah... I'm not getting this. It'd be nice as a gift, but I'm not buying this since there's no Walmart near me.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hm....recently seen that new video of mariotehplumber... I'm not only narrow look of him because of how he regard Rosalina as hentai, now he even mock us for the amiibo problem. I hope he can try to be more inclusive and more compassionate. Everyone, if you keep mocking at this fella, you will just be like him. He has problem, but I think we have problem too. Seriously I can predict this guy is done for, he doesn't take any of negative opinions, or even my kind advice. Of cousre he says he hate everyone in this thread... 'Sigh" pitiful.
And I comment on his video trying to change his way of explaining things in his video, but after a long conversation with him, I think he's helpless. Can you guys give any advice for me than just say not to care about him?
My comments with him are down here:
ME:
What a loser, the truth is, you are an infamous person on the web. We don't blame you for ALL the reason of the lack of rare amiibos. And of course, there has to be some people who really likes Nintendo and the amiibos. Not like what you said who just likes to collect. But I think you should think about yourself now. WHY do the netizens blame you for the amiibo problem? Well, hehehe, it's your own action. YOU deserve it. If you don't post your achievements of buying tons of amiibo. Nobody is gonna blame you! And you actually think those who mock you are hypocrites? So what are you up to? Why are you trying to be an public enemy? A Nintendo fan public enemy !You should aware that even you post any video about amiibo. The fans who can't get their hands on some certain amiibo will still think you are a freak. And even you post this video, we will never change how we look at you, unless you say it in a polite way, unlike you video now in a provocative way. You may be right that it's our own problem with the amiibo problem, that we are crazy to collect all of them. But they way you say is just wants to make us punch you in the face... (The "us" are the Nintendo fans, and...ROSALINA fans...)
3:54
Ha! Do you think that neogaf will accept you? You hadn't got your lessons! Even neoGaf thinks that you are a amiibo enthusiast, and you still don't regret your action... MAN, if you really gonna buy Lucina, Ness,and Robin amiibos, go ahead, be even more infamous...
And fella... you should aware that this is only a big problem in USA,and I live in Taiwan, and WHOA WHOA! I know you are gonna say,"Then why are you doing here? This not your problem!", but hey, I am here to support the ones who can't get amiibos, I just don't understand why USA always do these kind of commercial schemes? Make some amiibos only available in some specific stores? Why Nintendo is doing this? And most of all,you are too famous that even the Japanese awares your action
Me:
Dude, you say we are fall into Nintendo's trap? C'mon, YOU had already fall into Nintendo's trap! Just wait when Nintendo aware of you...
mariotehplumber:
+黃鑫 You seem to be that mario dude from smash boards. but the thing is Rosalina is Hentai and I don't like her you are no better than me mocking me with her btw.
Me:
Not denying, yes, I'm the mario123007 from Smashboards. And I actually a Mario fan, but still think you a person should wake up.
Listen, why do you still putting up the hentai stuff? If you think Rosalina is hentai, what about other Japanese female character? What about Peach? You can't just say only Rosalina is hentai, A LOT of Japanese female girls have the hentai mix too.And even accuse us the main problem for the lack of some rare amiibos? And say it in a provocative way like in this video?
However, I'm not only angry of how you bought Rosalina amiibos, it's your attitude when facing the entire Internet community, and you say that you aren't afraid? You just don't have compassionate for other people that's all.
Unlike others, I'm actually sick of mocking you about the Rosalina stuff, but I hope that you can a least post one video, by rationally explain the amiibo problem in the US, and I am sure that everyone will forgive you. I think it's the time you should confess rather than keep mocking back at us.
mariotehplumber:
+黃鑫 I think you should stop being biased towards your reasoning. This video explains amiibo's problems perfectly. Also Peach debuted as a damsel in distress like daisy. She isn't created for the sole purpose of fan service hentai influence to push forth the moan movement.
Me:
+mariotehplumber
Perfectly? Heh... I big to differ..
Gosh, do you have any proof that Rosalina is created for sole purpose of fan service hentai influence? Just because of her look right? Well, how about Japanese famous vocal singer Hatsu Miku? Japanese are crazy of her because she is gorgeous? If you mock her fans then you will get toast then you say Rosalian hentai.
mariotehplumber:
+黃鑫 Lol don't like that green haired slunt either but Rosalina is hentai don't worry. You are not going to talk me out of it either. So accept the fact I will disagree with you and move on.
<<Hatsu Miku fans, kill him...(Just kidding)

Me:
Well than, looks like you are gonna continue to make yourself more infamous then... okay, go ahead, be as cocky as you want. Just don't regret it when things gets off hands...
And sorry I take your quote from the amiibo thread @sonicbrawer182 ... but he doesn't even want to look at your long article of trying to explain about Rosalina hentai stuff.

mariotehplumber:
+黃鑫 I ant reading all this.
<<WTF

Me:
+mariotehplumber
Suit for yourself, if you keep ignoring the opinions from the Rosalina fans, you just try to run away instead of fighting it. And nothing is gonna change. Take my warning, you are not doing things right...
mariotehplumber:
i am right dw. I also don't like anyone in the Rosalina section of smashboards.
Me:
Yeah,yeah, you can hate them, then stay away from them and be silent. You should know that what you did can cause public anger. Rosalina fans and Nintendo fans alike.
That's all for now, yeah... now I feel a bit stupid that I actually try to convince him...
And he recently got mocked in the neoGaf forum, and his next step he will buy more Lucina,Ness, and Robin amiibos... brace yourself guys. There may be a storm coming.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I got to see all the images that are displayed in Challenges, and I'm just very disappointed that Rosalina only appeared in two of the images, while the other 138 gave way more attention to most of the other fighters. You would think that she'd receive more time in the spotlight.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I got to see all the images that are displayed in Challenges, and I'm just very disappointed that Rosalina only appeared in two of the images, while the other 138 gave way more attention to most of the other fighters. You would think that she'd receive more time in the spotlight.
Oh really? Now that's a bit disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom