• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
With Rosalina having probably the most in-depth character and story in all of the Mario universe, her own game would be some kind of interesting. i would also be afraid of it based on expectations for the character. remember how popular Shadow the Hedgehog was after SA2? then his own game came out and it was terrible.
I don't think Nintendo would make the same mistake that Sega made with Shadow the Hedgehog.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Yes, nintendo knows what it's doing when it come to mario (duh) and they'll make sure any game they make with a character like rosalina will be solid. It's how they make mario and all the other popular franchises work so well!

OhSnap

Smash Cadet
i'm not saying they'll mess it up, i'm just saying i'd be weary of adding another spin-off to the mario franchise. i've yet to see a game that Nintendo has messed up(altho spirit tracks isn't one i particularly remember liking)

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Ah yeah, I get what you're saying. Spirit tracks....that and Phantom hourglass are kinda odd. A lot of handhelds are like that for some reason.

OhSnap

Smash Cadet
Phantom Hourglass was fine. it was genuine and kind of cool. but Spirit Tracks? meh. it was almost the same thing in a different, and honestly, boring setting.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Phantom Hourglass was fine. it was genuine and kind of cool. but Spirit Tracks? meh. it was almost the same thing in a different, and honestly, boring setting.
Idk, I found Minish cap to be too short and easy, and to me it seems like Hourglass was kind of the same way. Wind waker was way too easy too, but the game itself was awesome. Hopefully whatever they do with Mario Galaxy in the future turns out well and not too easy/short.

OhSnap

Smash Cadet
Wind Waker was so laughably easy, i found myself just facepalming the whole time.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Probably won't be maining Marth for Smash 4 with the release of Rosalina being a thing. If any of you play on the east coast I'd like to make a fun pact to make sure that she's represented the best over here. <3

With Rosalina having probably the most in-depth character and story in all of the Mario universe, her own game would be some kind of interesting. i would also be afraid of it based on expectations for the character. remember how popular Shadow the Hedgehog was after SA2? then his own game came out and it was terrible.
I'd prefer to pretend that game never existed.

Maybe for once, mario would be a cameo character!
Luigi's Mansion?

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Probably won't be maining Marth for Smash 4 with the release of Rosalina being a thing. If any of you play on the east coast I'd like to make a fun pact to make sure that she's represented the best over here. <3

I'd prefer to pretend that game never existed.

Luigi's Mansion?
East coaster here, I'm maining Marth but Rosalina is 100% my secondary, along with Zelda.

And remember the force-field she had in Galaxy that stopped everyone (Admit you tried) from Ground-pounding on her? I wonder if she'll have a move like that...

Wait I liked Shadow The Hedgehog. Or, at least the multiplayer. And I loved Luigi's Mansion.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
yo Tsusaki, i'm up for that East Coast Rosalina representation.
East coaster here, I'm maining Marth but Rosalina is 100% my secondary, along with Zelda.
And it begins. Whether she be Top Tier, Mid Tier, or Low Tier. The Mother will be taking names on the best coast~

Can't wait until they show a gameplay video of her though, I want to get a bit of clarification on these Luma's and just how much of a puppeteer she is.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

And remember the force-field she had in Galaxy that stopped everyone (Admit you tried) from Ground-pounding on her? I wonder if she'll have a move like that...
Her shield move. lol

OhSnap

Smash Cadet
ahah, such a intimidating nickname, The Mother. would be cool to see somebody make their gamertag The Mother and place in Smash4 tourneys w/ Rosalina.

and that'd be a nice effect, if they made her shield look like the one from SMG. i think Yoshi is the only one w/ a different shield from everybody else.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Her shield move. lol
You know, I'm actually starting to wonder if that star barrier can also absorb weak direct attacks. Mario couldn't get past the barrier in Super Mario Galaxy, so I'd have to guess that a high-damaging direct attack (preferably one that deals more than 15% damage) would have to be used to bypass its effects.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I can't imagine a smash without Jigglypuff, so instead of 2 Final Smashes being similar I'll theorycraft this one.

>Rosalina Makes the Floor(s) a launch pad and launches her opponents off the screen to join the stars. I assume the higher the percentage the higher the odds of it working.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
I imagine at least two likely Final Smashes for Rosalina:

-- Directs her wand and orchestrates a huge swarm of Luma to shower the stage and collide into everyone. Think Unown from Melee, but changing direction and being a lot more colorful and full of cute Luma cries.

- Summons one of those huge black holes that act as makeshift pits in Mario Galaxy. Pulls in all opposing players as well as items, allowing Rosalina to wail on victims that get pulled to the center. It then ejects all its victims upwards before vanishing, KO'ing anyone that took significant damage.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
And it begins. Whether she be Top Tier, Mid Tier, or Low Tier. The Mother will be taking names on the best coast~

Can't wait until they show a gameplay video of her though, I want to get a bit of clarification on these Luma's and just how much of a puppeteer she is.
There's your gameplay.

OhSnap

Smash Cadet
and everything's in quick flashes. i wanna see something like the Developer Direct Sakurai had after E3, where he showed off a bunch of moves for everybody, including the 3 Newcomers at the time. Damage Percentages would help, too.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately, it's pretty unlikely we'll get this based on the recent lack of direct gameplay. At least that's how I see it, hopefully I'm wrong and we get some sort of demonstration. When the next character is released we should get some rosalina gameplay in that video.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
If you focus and watch carefully, you get an idea of the moves. And personally, I don't care about the damage %, I focus on hitting and comboing. If you get them and rally them, you'll turn out all right, no point on trying to pull off that one strong move.

OhSnap

Smash Cadet
Unfortunately, it's pretty unlikely we'll get this based on the recent lack of direct gameplay. At least that's how I see it, hopefully I'm wrong and we get some sort of demonstration. When the next character is released we should get some rosalina gameplay in that video.
who knows if we'll get another one? would be nice. altho, since this is the first newcomer since the Developer Direct, you never know. maybe after a couple more Newcomers are revealed, he could do another one focusing on them.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
One thing I must say is that as soon as a playable demo is made available (Nintendo would be stupid to not release a demo), I'm so gonna be on that for both the 3DS and Wii U. This is coming from a girl who hates demos (they just make you want more of it).

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I don't see a Demo being likely, I don't think they've ever done one for smash lol. Would be nice though! And the reason I'd like a gameplay demonstration is to confirm just how Luma works and what all Luma can do.

Also Merry Christmas Guys and Gals

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Merry Christmas!

And I could see a demo. Sakurai doesn't like unfinished things, but I'm sure the'll force him to release one to guarantee the success of Wii U, especially.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Merry Christmas fellow Rosalina mains!

Was hard not posting some of the more mature Christmas related images of her.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Went to Bing (Mistake) to find your profile picture, and wound up with entirely different ones.
Different ones of Rosalina, or something else?

you mean like your avatar?

or like this(my personal fav):

Yeah, but well the ones I was thinking of were a little more mature than even those. Wasn't hentai either, but still didn't feel they'd be appropriate to post here, even though chances were plenty here had already seen 'em.

Feel like I'll be changing avatars too soon after December's over. D: Boy has the month gone by fast.. Will still try to find something of Rosalina that hasn't already been used as an avatar though, which I know it won't be.. easy...

I like how unique yours is, on that note.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom