• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I don't know why, but I feel that Rosalina might end up having a rivalry with Mewtwo.
I love both, but don't really find 'em to be as comparable as you kinda make them out to be.

Heh. Even before Rosalina's Sm4sh reveal, I figured she'd have a better future than Daisy whether she got in or not. All this pissing on Daisy is kinda unnecessary though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I love both, but don't really find 'em to be as comparable as you kinda make them out to be.
I guess I'm only thinking that, because they're both able to levitate (especially in Mega Mewtwo Y's standpoint), and have magical attributes. Though in Mewtwo's case, it has PSI-abilities, while Rosalina's skills involve cosmic magic.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
It reminds me of the GOOD witch from Wizard of Oz. lol
I reminds me of Cinderella.

And honestly, does Ninty even give a crap for Daisy?

All in all, I don't she has anything going for her. She only exist to be Peach's Extra.

Also, I think I heard that Miyamoto's group doesn't like to use characters they didn't make.

Rosalina & her Lumas, however, have ALOT going for them.

Rosalina would be Deoxys' rival before becoming Mewtwo's rival. That's my opinion though.
I think that would be fitting. I wish Deoxys was a playable fighter, though. What Sakurai did to him in Brawl was...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I can't believe that I didn't bring this up sooner, but the way Rosalina uses Luma is apparently similar to how Cream can use Cheese to attack enemies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I kinda want a second Sonic rep though. **** the haters that say it doesn't deserve one.

I'd prefer it be Tails, Robotnik or Amy as I feel they have a lot of potential to be different from Sonic and other characters already on the roster.

But that's a whole other discussion not pertaining to the new queen of Smash, I mean Rosalina.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately, Sakurai said this: "I think Snake and Sonic joining were fantastic. It made many fans happy, and it broadened the Smash Bros arena. However, introducing more non-Nintendo characters willy-nilly will lose the focus of the game, so I also recognise the need to narrow it down."

So no more sonic reps :(
But, this is way off topic. Rosalina>Sonic:chuckle:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I'm already thinking of the combo potential Rosalina could have with the Luma. Like, if Rosalina is near the edge of the stage, she can throw the opponent toward the Luma, the Luma FSmashes or uses a move that launches the opponent off stage towards Rosalina, and mid launch, Rosalina would be off stage to ready a Meteor Smash. Of course this is completely dependent on the launch power and knockback trajectory of moves (including the Luma's). Does anyone think it'd be a viable enough theory that the Luma can Usmash the opponent into Rosalina's Dair to another Usmash from the Luma to finish it off with maybe some other aerial?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've been thinking about something, regarding the Luma summoning. Perhaps the Luma summon is faster than we might think, because the animation that Rosalina did when the Luma appeared was used more than once, but a Luma was never summoned when the animation was used a second time.

This could potentially mean that you can summon a new Luma, no matter what Rosalina is doing, and doing the standard special while a Luma is present will bring it back to Rosalina. Thoughts about this?

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
thats exactly my thought. summoning a luma when one is already in the field will just return luma to rosalina.
the second time in the trailer rosalina used luma summon i think was a taunt, cuz no luma appeared.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
I kinda want a second Sonic rep though. **** the haters that say it doesn't deserve one.
It's not that Sonic doesn't deserve a second rep, it's that SEGA doesn't deserve a second rep, and neither does Konami or Capcom (or Namco assuming it has an unrevealed rep). One 3rd party character per company. Additional representation could come in the form of assist trophies, bosses, stage hazards/background elements, and trophies.

LEGOF

Smash Rookie
NNID
keimakona
3DS FC
2036-6575-6309
Rosalina has been getting a handful of appearances lately. Perhaps a Mario Galaxy 3 is in the near future? Either way, I hope they do her good in this game; I want to main her.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
lol yeah. that was mostly discussed in the general Miiverse pic of the day thread.

She is really tall but she's actually shorter than her appearance in Galaxy, heh.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
thats exactly my thought. summoning a luma when one is already in the field will just return luma to rosalina.
the second time in the trailer rosalina used luma summon i think was a taunt, cuz no luma appeared.

Highly doubt Sakurai would use the same animation for a Taunt and a Special. Honestly, I look at it like olimar's whistle. If you have enough pikmin the move is useless likewise with already having a Luma out. Unless its not a special move and it's a taunt (hopes).

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Well...the whistle is still useful with all pikmin because it reorders them by color, plus it has super armor frames.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
I looked at multiple trailers and pictures, and hands down she's the tallest character in the game. My findings, she's taller than Marth and Samus, some of the current tallest, and Bowser, who now stands tallest in this game (I believe).

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
I looked at multiple trailers and pictures, and hands down she's the tallest character in the game. My findings, she's taller than Marth and Samus, some of the current tallest, and Bowser, who now stands tallest in this game (I believe).
As of now yes, but we'll see how tall ganondorf gets (I think he's taller).

OhSnap

Smash Cadet
i wonder what her weight will be like? i personally hope it's similar to Zelda's, just because i'm used to her(from Brawl and PM) but it still needs to compliment her playstyle.

RyanR

Smash Apprentice
i wonder what her weight will be like? i personally hope it's similar to Zelda's, just because i'm used to her(from Brawl and PM) but it still needs to compliment her playstyle.
Sakurai already said she going to be light.

My guess is close to Zeldas.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sakurai already said she going to be light.

My guess is close to Zeldas.
Peach is heavier than Zelda though, so I'd more guess that Rosalina would be no heavier than the Ice Climbers, or equivalent to Diddy Kong's weight.

lol yeah. that was mostly discussed in the general Miiverse pic of the day thread.

She is really tall but she's actually shorter than her appearance in Galaxy, heh.
She's basically in the same scenario as Bowser, in that they're resized for spin-off purposes; of course, Rosalina is unusually short in 3D World.

At this point, people are just asking for trouble if they still think that Ridley can't be resized.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Peach is heavier than Zelda though, so I'd more guess that Rosalina would be no heavier than the Ice Climbers, or equivalent to Diddy Kong's weight.

She's basically in the same scenario as Bowser, in that they're resized for spin-off purposes; of course, Rosalina is unusually short in 3D World.

At this point, people are just asking for trouble if they still think that Ridley can't be resized.
Even more support for this is the fact that olimar and kirby are only a few inches tall in actuality.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Rosalina has been getting a handful of appearances lately. Perhaps a Mario Galaxy 3 is in the near future? Either way, I hope they do her good in this game; I want to main her.
I'm starting to think she'll follow the steps of Yoshi and Wario and will be getting her own game announced next year or the year after. It's pretty much all that's left for her.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
This ^^^^
Would be an interesting idea. What kind of game would it be?
I guess Rosalina could always help a lost infant find its family, which can reference her childhood adventures. Of course, during that time, it would become clear that the infant's home was being threatened by a galactic tyrant, and only Rosalina can restore order to the chaos.

OhSnap

Smash Cadet
With Rosalina having probably the most in-depth character and story in all of the Mario universe, her own game would be some kind of interesting. i would also be afraid of it based on expectations for the character. remember how popular Shadow the Hedgehog was after SA2? then his own game came out and it was terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom