• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhSnap

Smash Cadet
why thank you!! and ahah, i know there are more mature ones, but that one's my favorite. and this one, i just searched Fire Rosalina in Google and found it. Red Luma is a nice touch.

pitthekit

Smash Ace
Go back to your dying Zelda general discussion fuujin. Also rumour has it that your the alter ego of the creator of smash boards trolling us at will

#troll bait

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
First off, can't we just love all the ladies instead of hating on one or the other? This is coming from a Peach/Zelda mainer who soon will add Rosalina to that list. There's just something about a pretty princess who decides to OWN YOUR FACE that I find really cool.

I'm really excited to play as Rosalina in the new games. I get the impression she's going to take a bit of a learning curve, but I'm just fine with that. Here's how I think she'll control:

All her A moves are strikes and such with her wand, while her directional B moves are her Star Launch, Force Field, and maybe the star blast thing you see Luma do. Neutral B summons Luma, and he mimics all of her A moves (giving you two hits instead of one.) Rosalina's major drawback is that her basic hits are relatively weak, thus you really have to utilize Luma to do solid damage.

It'll take some getting used to, but I'm looking forward to the challenge!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
They say that you can't make everyone happy. Just be fortunate that Rosalina got the playable spot, regardless of what others might say.

PWN3

Smash Apprentice
Of the announced newcomers, Rosalina's the one I'm looking forward to the most. Everything about her so far is just screaming "awesome". Whether I end up maining her or not, well, better to leave that up to how she handles compared to the rest of the cast... Rosalina would make for a cool second main, at the very least.

Madlollipop

Smash Rookie
Confirmed to be lightweight?
Is it a reliable source?
Ssbwiki.com/rosalina_(ssb4)

Checked a few pages but it beecame obnoxious on my mobile. So sorry if it has been posted or asked.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
a more reliable source is miiverse which has sakurai stating himself that rosalina is light,

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
a more reliable source is miiverse which has sakurai stating himself that rosalina is light,
One still needs to take into account the weight of the other characters though. When Diddy was confirmed to be lightweight in Brawl, he's actually one of the heavier lightweights, outweighing even the Ice Climbers. It's always possible that Rosalina will be a heavier lightweight, but Zero Suit Samus may say otherwise.

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
Aw, I was hoping Rosalina would be a hard hitting heavy type since she was heavy in MK Wii.

Master Morrison

Smash Cadet
That's a neat way to depict the details of Rosalina's dress. Though I do wonder if this is only exclusive to the trailer or not. I guess the only way we'll know for sure is when the game is finally released.
No it's in the gameplay too unless they just were lazy and made the inside of the dress black
But that's a smash thing because in sm3dw the inside of her dress is white like peach
And I think it's the same in the Mario kart games too I think
I'm gonna have to see mario kart wii to make sure

I also hope that when he said she is light I hope he means she is floaty because I hate large and not so heavy characters like rob
Or well what I mean I hope she isn't weak
Like rob being tall and light knock back
Or poor Zelda being tall, floaty, and light
Because that's a terrible combination

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm kinda hoping Rosalina's Final Smash is to crash the Comet Observatory into the stage, like how she used it to obliterate Bowser's air fleet at the end of Galaxy 1. The only other thing I can think of is a shower of Lumas like Pit's Final Smash in Brawl, but that idea is underwhelming.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
In Galaxy, she puts up a protective field around it, which is how she takes out Bowser's fleet no problem. So she doesn't risk harming the Lumas. She wouldn't of done it in Galaxy if it did harm the Lumas.

Maybe not crashing into the stage, but swooping down near it and taking out all airborne opponents? I think that would actually make it more balanced, now that I think about it. Or maybe, the observatory comes down, and Lumas commandeer Star Bit turrets that are stationed on it and take out her oppenents. That would be outrageous. :p

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
So with the new Picture showcasing Rosalina's "Strong Up Attack", I'm left even more confused as to how this combo works out, and what the ring above her does.
GUYS HELP SHE'S TOO INTERESTING

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If the range of the attack says anything, anyone who has a poor reach might not be able to get past the upward standard attack so easily. It's apparently fast, and could be quite strong as well. Good luck trying to attack her from above, as you'd need something like flinch resistance to guarantee that you'll get past the attack.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Every single time i see the Smash Bros roster i still can't believe Rosalina got in. It's just so weird in a good way.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
so then that move where rosalina is combing pit, that upward attack that she does, is that a smash attack?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
so then that move where rosalina is combing pit, that upward attack that she does, is that a smash attack?
It is, considering the frames where Rosalina was charging up the attack. But it seems Rosalina's upward smash may be more designed as an attack command for the Luma, even if it does have offensive properties.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Ah so smash attack, I was under the impression yesterday that it was a jump cancelled fair and was super excited haha.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
so far, rosalina has one of the safest spikes (mega man looking to have longer reach on his hard knuckle) a relatively safe up tilt. super safe edge guarding techniques, a powerful fair, item cancelling down (or neutral) special, and a luma that can take hits for her .

conclusion: best camper ever.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
rosalina op, please nerf

Just kidding! Really, really excited to play as her though. I can't say that enough. Her animations are so graceful and elegant, too.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
so far, rosalina has one of the safest spikes (mega man looking to have longer reach on his hard knuckle) a relatively safe up tilt. super safe edge guarding techniques, a powerful fair, item cancelling down (or neutral) special, and a luma that can take hits for her .

conclusion: best camper ever.
There's always the villager to out camp her.

Jão

Smash Rookie
Hahaha, I think Villager could camp her only if he could keep Luma in his pocket. And it's probably not gonna happen since luma is more a character than a projectile.

If that ring move has a hitbox, it would be a pain to stay above Rosalina. I mean, for the game mechanic (Brawl at least), this a terrible position to be. Imagine Rosalina thorwing rings while you want to reach the floor. It's a nice combination to make mind games with airdodges, grabs or any punishment.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
the villager so far has a bowling ball that drops strait down, unknown if it can be rolled, picked up, or whatever, can pocket projectiles, but rosalina has none, probably could pocket a star bit, but thats not helpful enough to outcamp rosalina,
he has a tree that can be used as a temporary barrier, a sling shot as a kinda safe back air, a down smash that if rosalina gets trapped in, luma can just rescue her, fire works... weed pull that i think has a chance of tripping, but still luma to the rescue.

short term, villager can space with bair, block with tree, and feed turnips. all while luma is out dishing damage, taking damage, respawning and dishing out more damage.

*(i must be thinking of the rosalina vs villager MU, villager still can camp, but probably not against rosalina)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Villager seems like he will camp well. Fits in with his origins, since Animal Crossing is all about setting up a home. Rosalina does seem like she could beat him as the best camper, but we won't know for sure until we know exactly how Luma is controlled. I was of the assumption that Luma is a puppet of sorts, that just attacks when Rosalina does, and that the spacing between the two happens as a result of the Luma not tracking Rosalina, unlike how the second Ice Climber tries to stay in sync with the leader. I then figured Luma could be called back to Rosalina by using the summon move when a Luma is already in play.

If this is how the pair work, Villager could probably hold up just fine against them, as it would make Luma's movements really predictable. If Luma can be controlled directly though, then we Rosalina won't have many inherent problems against Villager.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
There's always the villager to out camp her.
At this point, it seems that Rosalina may be a big problem for anyone who lacks projectiles (Captain Falcon being one example) or any long range attacks. Because the Luma can hinder those kinds of fighters, simply getting close to Rosalina may prove to be very troubling.

And considering Rosalina's attack range, she might end up with a very small number of poor matchups. But this is just speculation on my end, as we don't really have any idea on how strong Rosalina's attacks are, nor do we know how high the Luma's endurance is.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If memory serves, the Luma seems to have very straight, but short attacks. It's movement looked a little like it relied on the attacks themselves, to me. If Luma moves around really awkwardly like I think he does, I think he won't be much of a threat to fast characters like Sonic and Captain Falcon. They could probably reach Rosalina just fine, especially if they play mind games. Charging attacks like Sonic's Spin Dash or Yoshi's Egg Roll would also be effective against Luma, I'd imagine.

However, even without Luma, Rosalina seems like she could put up a good fight, plus she is pretty nimble herself. The Launch Star in particular could help her get away if used wisely. However, if used carelessly, it would leave her really open, and players who are good at chasing opponents down could get a good opportunity to rack up some damage on her, or a killing blow. So I have a feeling Rosalina & Luma will be a double edged sword of sorts.

Of course, we still don't know how her attack strength is. Which is important to know for a character like this.

From what I can see, Luma is going to be for building up damage, while finishing foes off will require Rosalina to get up close and personal. They may make her attacks somewhat weak in terms of damage dealt, but she seemingly has solid knockback. However, we don't know how high the percentages were of the characters in the trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom