• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Been playing tomadachi life. Made a Rosalina mii. She ended up getting her heart broken by Dry Bones. >.>
I'd be pretty heart broken too if I was a woman and my hubby always had dry bones.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
EEh. Don't really like how she looks all that much in that picture.

Been playing tomadachi life. Made a Rosalina mii. She ended up getting her heart broken by Dry Bones. >.>
Your avatar artwork of Viridi looks nice though :)

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
As long as she has that echo in her voice, it's alright.
Oh she does. It's just that the DS audio is not exactly the smoothest , so it's not noticeable that easily (in a real ds it is though) , not to mention i lowered her voice , just a little bit. In the video , The echo is most noticeable when she goes ''Whoho!'' and so.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
"F***F***F***

I have class during the Nintendo Direct. F EVEryONe I will burn you all in H***"

"I HATE EVERYTHING EVEN MORE, MY POST DOESN'T POST FORCING ME TO RETYPE MY ANGER AND I HAVE A CLASS DURING THE NINTENDO DIRECT

GRR rosalina appearance question"

AND NOW IT TURNS OUT IT SAVE SOME OF THE POST

I had a thought recently but I'm not entirely sure where to mention it so the general discussion thread seemed like the safest bet.

Do we know how Luma's moves interact with the stale moves queue? If Rosalina and Luma are separated and Luma gets, say, a utilt juggle going, is Rosalina's utilt also staled? Conversely, if Rosalina spams some move, is Luma's corresponding move affected? If a move is known to be stale, can we work around it by having the other character land the blow instead? Is Luma even affected by stale moves in the first place?
Sorry if its been asked before, but do moves stale by hitting Luma?
I can't believe these questions were never answered... anyway I was testing stale move negation stuff with Villager and decided to test Rosalina too.

Moves do stale when they hit Luma. This means having Luma in front of you to eat attacks is super SUPER nice because for stuff like Falcon's FSmash that can hit through Luma, you'll be taking a staled hit.

Rosalina and Luma have individual stale move queues. If only Luma's FSmash connects, then Rosalina's will not be staled, and vice versa.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina's face is impossibly beautiful.

But so is Shaq's, so it all works out.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well, it is April Fools Day. What did y'all expect? Snoop Dogg turning Smashboards into Smashizzle Boardizzle?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well, it is April Fools Day. What did y'all expect? Snoop Dogg turning Smashboards into Smashizzle Boardizzle?
BitF did joke around today by posting that it's back, only for Waluigi to pop up and say "just kidding". The comic may be over, but not Waluigi's legacy.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Another forum I visit added microtransactions as it's April Fools joke. Cost 2 coins to even make a post.

You could also buy upgrades to your account, and they all worked. However, all of these upgrades are ideas for features that had been suggested by the community in the past, but the admin rejected.

DIRECT IS HAPPENING SOON

FOR GOOD LUCK

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>tfw when your Mii can finally don Rosalina's hot biker suit fresh after she just used it, with all of her sweat still inside it

Shanoa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davin134
3DS FC
2809-8856-1709
Uh oh, I hope we don't get nerfed in the balance patch. I hope the balance team thinks that our last nerf will suffice.

let it go
let it go
dont nerf rosa anymore

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Uh oh, I hope we don't get nerfed in the balance patch. I hope the balance team thinks that our last nerf will suffice.

let it go
let it go
dont nerf rosa anymore
They'll bring back the old N- air range and a little less cool down on some moves. :V
--------

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I understand it April fools in America but could we please get rid of this monstrosity.

Also anyone else think Lucas and Rosalina would be good friends.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

let it go
let it go
dont nerf rosa anymore
Sadly, I have a feeling its going to happen. What with people still crying about her being OP.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Hmm...Rosalina is going to be a tricky subject to be sure.

Like I said previously, it's more Rosalina needs a power adjustment rather then a straight nerf. It needs to be shifted and handled with care.

Anyway, now that Shaq is gone, I'm back to glorious Rosalina avi. Until I have time to put in Inkling.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well, at least the Shaq attack is over and I have my glorious Rosie avatar back.

Truth be told, I hate April Fools Day. It is the worst day of the year. Always have been, always will be.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I haven't cared too much about April Fools Day myself, but yesterday did give me a chance to be creative with Waluigi.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So how do you guys reckon Rosalina will fare against Mewtwo and Lucas, from what we have seen so far (assuming Rosalina remains unchanged after the upcoming patch, and assuming default movesets)?

Lucas I have no worries about. Some of his attacks have high launch power but they are slower than Ness' and he has slower movement than Ness. And he's just as screwed for recovery as Ness is against us. His version of PK Fire doesn't hang around either, so it won't be trapping us, which is probably the most annoying thing against Ness. So I think we'll actually have an even easier time against Lucas compared to Ness.

Mewtwo I'm not sure about. I mean, his moveset looks just like his Melee one. And if the properties are as terrible as in Melee, then he's gonna be possibly one of the easiest match-ups. But I'd like to think they improved him. Still, he's large and light and floaty, just like Rosalina, but he doesn't have a Luma or the same defensive maneuvers as Rosalina to mitigate that weakness and doesn't seem quite as quick. His Shadow Ball also will be a non-issue, his side special isn't an actual attack and it may not be as useful against us. It's not looking too good, but I hope he isn't a complete pushover in this game.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Regarding Mewtwo, if Confusion truly does make any projectile attacks belong to Mewtwo, then it could send Floaty Star Bit and Shooting Star Bit right back at Rosalina or her Luma. Heck, Confusion could even make Luma Shot backfire on Rosalina. Though I'm not sure if Confusion can be spammed like with Gravitational Pull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom