• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Her chin looks more or less how it is supposed to. If I made her chin look any sharper, she wouldn't look like Rosalina, she'd look like Waluigi or something. :V
Her neck seems pretty thin... Then again, Peach and Daisy have pencil necks anyways.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Her chin looks more or less how it is supposed to. If I made her chin look any sharper, she wouldn't look like Rosalina, she'd look like Waluigi or something. :V
I mean move the chin's point part right below of her lips, not making her chin sharper.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
A habit that I tend to have whenever I draw Rosalina's face is making her nose look very small. Of course, everyone draws differently with their artworks.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Her neck seems pretty thin... Then again, Peach and Daisy have pencil necks anyways.
I'll probably widen it up a tad when I get the rest of her body done. Her neck is a modest thickness though (not really skinny, but not especially thick). I just want to see how it stacks up to the rest of her body.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I thought this also, I could probably replace the wand with a gun and pass it off as ZSS

I might do that when the time comes

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Normally they have cute, witty comments for these but the babe and the baby are too good for that.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Why don't we see more Rosalinda in tourneys?
-One of the hardest characters to master in the game.
-Everyone thinks Diddy is the best so they use him.
-Stigma against the character because of how Dabuz plays her, everyone thinks that's how all Rosalina players play and that she's overly defensive and campy because of it.
-Stigma against the character in general. People think she's "Nintendo's Lightning" (and before anyone says anything about that, Rosalina does not fit the definition of a "Lightning", and neither does Lightning herself, it's the stupidest meme ever).
-She's not a pure "TOOP TOOP" rushdown character that all of the tryhards like to use.
-She's a female, and she is less popular in the Smash scene as a result of that.

Ironically, she did get the most wins at APEX:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Thanks, now I remember.
Wow, looks like @ Berserker. Berserker. got a better pic of Edea.
-One of the hardest characters to master in the game.
-Everyone thinks Diddy is the best so they use him.
-Stigma against the character because of how Dabuz plays her, everyone thinks that's how all Rosalina players play and that she's overly defensive and campy because of it.
-Stigma against the character in general. People think she's "Nintendo's Lightning" (and before anyone says anything about that, Rosalina does not fit the definition of a "Lightning", and neither does Lightning herself, it's the stupidest meme ever).
-She's not a pure "TOOP TOOP" rushdown character that all of the tryhards like to use.
-She's a female, and she is less popular in the Smash scene as a result of that.

Ironically, she did get the most wins at APEX:

Geez, who is this Stigma anyway?
OP I understand, but is Rosalina really that infamous around the web after she is in Smash bros?
First part of this totally doesn't make any sense in my opinion.
I really hate those who hates Rosalina "In general", you mean he totally dislike this character? Like the infamous mariotehplumber?(Sorry to put up this guy again), I'm not surprised there is, I just hope he does make any article or video trying to despise Rosalina.
And what does the "lighting" mean?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Geez, who is this Stigma anyway?
"Stigma" isn't a person. When something has a "stigma", it means people don't like it for a specific, perceived reason, and even if that thing goes away, people will still dislike the subject matter for it.

In this case, people have a stigma against Rosalina because they perceive her to be "Nintendo's Lightning".

--------------

So here's a cute little glitch I didn't know about before!

If Yoshi uses his Egg Lay on Rosalina after she absorbs a Super Mushroom and Rosalina is KO'd while still in the egg, when Rosalina respawns, Luma will remain giant.

It also works with the Poison Mushroom if you want an adorable tiny Luma.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
"Stigma" isn't a person. When something has a "stigma", it means people don't like it for a specific, perceived reason, and even if that thing goes away, people will still dislike the subject matter for it.

In this case, people have a stigma against Rosalina because they perceive her to be "Nintendo's Lightning".

--------------

If Yoshi uses his Egg Lay on Rosalina after she absorbs a Super Mushroom and Rosalina is KO'd while still in the egg, when Rosalina respawns, Luma will remain giant.

"Sigh" Those people are just feel irritated only about a small certain thing... pitiful, perhaps some of them are the ones who agrees with mariotehplumber too.

C3CC

Smash Lord
That's what really sickens me about most people who take part in the competitive scene. They only use characters because of their tier position and not because they genuinely like them. Only a few actually happen to like Diddy Kong as a character.

And what do they mean by "Nintendo's Lightning"?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
That's what really sickens me about most people who take part in the competitive scene. They only use characters because of their tier position and not because they genuinely like them. Only a few actually happen to like Diddy Kong as a character.

Yeah... some just play competitively and don't really enjoy Smash, those notable ones like ZeRo and Danbuz are the ones who are really awesome ones.
The one who really likes to use top tier characters is Mew2king, I don't say that's wrong, but it just feels odd right?
I only know it's a meme term about Rosalina...

Last edited:

Smasher89

Smash Lord

Lol, can you stack that effect?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

"X character is Y company's/franchise's/creator's Lightning" is a meme originating from the Final Fantasy franchise, specifically the XIII saga.

The character in the spoiler tag is Lightning, one of the main protagonists for the XIII saga, and the default poster child and representative of the series. The XIII saga only spans 3 games (and some novels if you want to be REALLY technical), and Lightning has appeared in other games besides these as a cameo (FFXIV), or as a representative of the XIII saga (The Dissidia series is the Final Fantasy equivalent to Smash Bros, being a fighting-action game that pulls characters from the different FF universes together - Lightning is the playable representative of the FFXIII universe).

In XIII, she was one of the main protagonists, along with 5 other characters.
In XIII-2, she was a supporting character, and showed up for no more than an hour of the story's 24 hour run-time (she also narrates the story, but it's pretty infrequent).
The third game "Lightning Returns: FFXIII", features Lightning as the main character again, and the only playable character.

However, Lightning has a stigma with some people in the Final Fantasy fandom, in that people who don't like her or the FFXIII games feel she is forced down our throats because her creator, who has a high position at Square Enix, loves her so much.

Thus, when fandoms feel a character is forced down their throats because a higher up created them and loves them (in Rosalina's case, this would Yoshiaki Koizumi, who actually is in a high position - he's a producer of the Mario franchise right now, if I'm not mistaken), and they consider that character a "Mary Sue" for some reason, that character is dubbed as a "Lightning".

However, the whole meme is stupid. Not only is it inapplicable to Rosalina (she's undeniably popular all over the world, and she isn't a Mary Sue by any stretch of the imagination), but it's inapplicable to LIGHTNING HERSELF, as Lightning IS genuinely popular, ESPECIALLY in Japan, where she's considered one of the biggest female role models in Japanese pop culture. And she's DEFINITELY not a Mary Sue, as she has a lot of character flaws that make her more interesting (and potentially hard to like at all for some people).

Lol, can you stack that effect?
Unfortunately, you cannot. :\

Last edited:

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Just got back from my tourney. Did kinda terrible and got 17th, a placing I've never gotten in forever. Got 3rd in teams though. Sonic and Sheik with customs on are too much. I don't even get to use customs down here cause they kill Luma so fast, ugh FL is such an incredibly hard state.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Just got back from my tourney. Did kinda terrible and got 17th, a placing I've never gotten in forever. Got 3rd in teams though. Sonic and Sheik with customs on are too much. I don't even get to use customs down here cause they kill Luma so fast, ugh FL is such an incredibly hard state.
Which tournament did you join? Are there any videos?
Don't worry, I'm sure you'll do better next time

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well I never used to place outside of top 5. Then I got 7th twice, then 9th once, now 17th. There will be videos uploaded later from it.
I'm sure you'll get better soon.
You mean on Youtube? Which channel?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom