• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Wow! Nice job! Hope I can get her custom moves too when I get my own game.
You can increase the odds of getting Rosalina's custom specials by using her in Smash Run. Basically, the character that you choose can improve your odds of getting equipment that he/she can use, or at least that's what I've been noticing while playing Smash Run with different characters.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
She just really suits my play style for some reason. Also I'm left handed, like her and I have the same color eyes as her lmao.

Also do you guys have a favorite color Luma you tend to like over the others?
Personally I love the black luma, since it matches the black rosalina alt I use. I will go out of my way to make sure that Luma survives. You know what they say...once you go black...you don't go back....to other lumas....

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
She just really suits my play style for some reason. Also I'm left handed, like her and I have the same color eyes as her lmao.

Personally I love the black luma, since it matches the black rosalina alt I use. I will go out of my way to make sure that Luma survives. You know what they say...once you go black...you don't go back....to other lumas....
Favorite Luma? Polari is cool yes.

I personally like "prince Luma", (The one that gives Mario the spin attack), the best. Then followed by blue Luma, and then Polari.

Laniv

Smash Champion
Somebody uploaded voice clips of all the characters in English. Rosalina's voice clips start at 22:17.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Oh my god.

Me: *shows mom a vid of my Rosalina playing*

Mom: Yeah you're pretty good but that Lemon is doing all of the work

Me: LOL LEMON

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Rosalina is actually ambidextrous, as she frequently is portrayed holding the wand and using it in her right hand as well as her left. She just uses it in her left hand in Smash, but her render shows it in her right hand.

------------

I made two really good custom loadouts with Rosalina today. One that's power oriented, and my personal favourite, the speed one.

The latter is bloody amazing and is so much fun to play as. She's even faster than default Sonic, and has a bunch of cool perks.

Also she can jump super high with it for some reason, I don't know what causes it though.

I also got most her custom specials very quickly. I'm just missing Guardian Luma. I've played 4 rounds of Smash Run with her in later half of today, including one with my brother, but for some reason it just won't show up.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I should probably post here more but I just forget.

I've played as Rosalina in pretty much every match on the 3DS so far and I gotta say, she's fantastic. I was skeptical but I have no doubts, except for the times I sd myself cuz of the 3DS' ****ty circle pad but that's not purely a fault of Rosalina. I win almost every match with her in 1-on-1. Normally I avoid saying this but she is one of the best characters in the game. She counters nearly every projectile user (unless an insanely mindgaming Duck Hunt sorta) and is able to escape most follow-ups thanks to Luma.

The only matchup I have difficulty with is Little Mac (and maybe Yoshi but I only played vs him once), if the Mac player is actually good. Though eventually he's easy to predict, I have to play much more patiently and campy than I'd like to, which is not my main playstyle. Ridiculous super armor and smash attacks, but I wouldn't say he counters Rosie completely with this.

Initially I was going to attend Nintendo's Tournament Open with her but I had a few plans that went against this, quite a shame. Above all, gotta say, love playing as her.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I made two really good custom loadouts with Rosalina today. One that's power oriented, and my personal favourite, the speed one.

The latter is bloody amazing and is so much fun to play as. She's even faster than default Sonic, and has a bunch of cool perks.

Also she can jump super high with it for some reason, I don't know what causes it though.

I also got most her custom specials very quickly. I'm just missing Guardian Luma. I've played 4 rounds of Smash Run with her in later half of today, including one with my brother, but for some reason it just won't show up.
Some equipment can boost a fighter's jumping height. For example, Leaper equipment boosts a fighter's jump height by 20%. However, I have not picked up such equipment yet.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
You can increase the odds of getting Rosalina's custom specials by using her in Smash Run. Basically, the character that you choose can improve your odds of getting equipment that he/she can use, or at least that's what I've been noticing while playing Smash Run with different characters.
Well, thanks for the tip! I will play Smash Run as soon as I get the game, but due to school work I can't play that long.
Rosalina is actually ambidextrous, as she frequently is portrayed holding the wand and using it in her right hand as well as her left. She just uses it in her left hand in Smash, but her render shows it in her right hand.

------------

Rosalina is a lightweight character, of course she can jump high.
Keep trying, you will get it soon.
Favorite Luma? Polari is cool yes.

I personally like "prince Luma", (The one that gives Mario the spin attack), the best. Then followed by blue Luma, and then Polari.
You called it the prince Luma? That's not a bad name.
I should probably post here more but I just forget.

I've played as Rosalina in pretty much every match on the 3DS so far and I gotta say, she's fantastic. I was skeptical but I have no doubts, except for the times I sd myself cuz of the 3DS' ****ty circle pad but that's not purely a fault of Rosalina. I win almost every match with her in 1-on-1. Normally I avoid saying this but she is one of the best characters in the game. She counters nearly every projectile user (unless an insanely mindgaming Duck Hunt sorta) and is able to escape most follow-ups thanks to Luma.

The only matchup I have difficulty with is Little Mac (and maybe Yoshi but I only played vs him once), if the Mac player is actually good. Though eventually he's easy to predict, I have to play much more patiently and campy than I'd like to, which is not my main playstyle. Ridiculous super armor and smash attacks, but I wouldn't say he counters Rosie completely with this.

Initially I was going to attend Nintendo's Tournament Open with her but I had a few plans that went against this, quite a shame. Above all, gotta say, love playing as her.
Ho ho ho ho! She is good isn't she? Rosalina is a powerful character, but due to her slow standard attacks, she has a big disadvantage against most of the fast characters. Also, try to hit Little Mac or throw him off the stage, he has a bad recovery.
More and more people are getting the like of Rosalina, I won't be surprised if she is the most used newcomer in Smash Bros.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Lightweight doesn't always equal a high jumper though. Jigglypuff is lighter than Rosalina, but it doesn't jump high without mid-air jumps.
Sure is, but the fact is Rosalina can jump high because she is floaty ( Pacman is floaty too,but just look at him. He falls sooooo slow), and of course she got her cosmic power to define the gravity. She has a high recovering potential, it is just that her up B dosen't do much damage unlessyou customize it, are it will make you easily to get punished when you landed, so better watch out!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That's the thing though, I didn't equip any items with stated jump height increasing effects.

Here is the load out, for anyone who wants to try it (and I highly recommend you do):

The increased running speed effect is actually a multiplier of 1.3, so her Speed stat actually sits at +91.

The first hit bonus grants her ten seconds of invincibility if she lands the first hit in the match.

The power reduction might seem off putting, but it actually works well here - Rosalina is so fast in the air and on the ground, that it's really hard to get a hit on her, and Luma Warp can be acted out of really quickly. Luma is unaffected by the equipment, so he's still a KO machine (and Rosalina can still KO surprisingly well).

Her combo ability is also amazing with this loadout. Grabs can be comboed out of easily even at high percents.

Also, I equipped Launch Star Plus as Rosalina doesn't need the assistance of the regular versions horizontal option, since her air speed is so good.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
A weight limit of 15 is rather sad for Smash Run usage, as that really limits what kind of powers you can equip onto her. But I guess that's a moot point anywhere else.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The load out still works really well for Smash Run since you can get around so easily. You can equip four good powers if you know what to pick.

I actually did a Smash Run round with this loadout, and maxed out 2 or 3 stats, and the others were very high too.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
A weight limit of 15 is rather sad for Smash Run usage, as that really limits what kind of powers you can equip onto her. But I guess that's a moot point anywhere else.
Rosalina has a freaking galaxy under her dress. Why the heck is her weight limit 15? It should be infinite and beyond! Literal and actual hammerspace under her dress. It's the safest place to put stuff since if someone reaches down, then have fun getting written up on "the list".

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's not a galaxy, Sakurai specifically states it's an entire cosmos.

She's literally got a universe beneath her gown.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
It's not a galaxy, Sakurai specifically states it's an entire cosmos.

She's literally got a universe beneath her gown.

It's still hammerspace and something she could use to fit whatever she wants under there. Mega Man either just saw Cthulhu under Rosalina's dress or he just went through puberty. :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
No, he's just like:

"I see - I SEE EVERYTHING. THE CREATION OF EVERYTHING."

:V

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
No, he's just like:

"I see - I SEE EVERYTHING. THE CREATION OF EVERYTHING."

:V
I can only think of this.

Or this - it's the same thing, but with less cut dialogue and from a different animator.

Last edited:

Torn_Smash

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1203-9336-3774
Btw, is anyone else having a really hard time using Rosalina in Classic? I tried 9.0 intensity with her and was doing well until the final boss with the swarm, I just have no idea what to do in order to not die

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina has a freaking galaxy under her dress. Why the heck is her weight limit 15? It should be infinite and beyond! Literal and actual hammerspace under her dress. It's the safest place to put stuff since if someone reaches down, then have fun getting written up on "the list".
Normally, Rosalina's weight limit is 22, so the powers that she can be equipped with for Smash Run can't exceed that value. However, Rosalina can potentially increase her weight limit with defense boosting equipment.

Btw, is anyone else having a really hard time using Rosalina in Classic? I tried 9.0 intensity with her and was doing well until the final boss with the swarm, I just have no idea what to do in order to not die
Is this without customized equipment? As a last resort, you could always try to boost her defenses to improve her longevity, though I'll still have to figure out how the defense boosting equipment works.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I'm honestly amazed how easy to pick up and play she is, and yet there's a really high skill cap too. It's not like with Ice Climbers where you had to get really good at specific frame inputs before you could really get good with them. I've been having a blast.

That moveset sonicbrawler posted is the one I use and I think it's her best set. Shooting Star Bit is an amazing stage control tool, especially when you've already got Luma around. Luma Shot is a fantastic tool to move around with Luma because the speed is insane.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
To be honest, I love the regular star bits more. Both customs don't do it for me.

The thing is, the regular special can do quite a bit of damage and is super spammable. Drifting star bits and shooting starbits are both to slow and lack in the kind of damage I like. Sure, you can shoot long distance. But the opponent can just shield. When he finds out what you are doing.

Luma Warp and Launch star plus are excellent though. I think Luma Warp and Luma Shot are going be based entirely on preference, and thats a good thing. I like both and switch between them when I can.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The long distance Star Bit is actually really useful for mind games. Most people expect a projectile to come from around Rosalina herself, not somewhere else. So if Luma is far away from Rosalina and the opponent is inbetween, and is approaching Rosalina, being able to shoot that long range Star Bit can stop them in their tracks and maybe even set them up for a follow up.

All of Rosalina's specials are incredibly solid, and which are better is entirely preference based, or match up dependent. None of her specials are completely useless, and this cannot be said for many other characters in the game to my knowledge.

Also, I was just playing 1v1 online, and despite me losing a quite a bit more than I would like tonight (I was tired and off my game, was letting a Peach beat me with painfully predictable moves), I discovered something really cool - Luma Shot reflects Dedede's Gordos. Sends them flying, and if they hit Dedede, it does serious damage.

Also, I tested if Gravitational Pull works on Villager's Bowling Ball and Tree, and it works on both, meaning that match up is in Rosalina's favour.

Silver Forte

Smash Rookie
Something interesting. I was fighting a decent rosalina player earlier, and a neat trick he would do is grab me, but not throw and wait for the throw escape. He'd position luma so that when you broke the throw hed be right under you, then hed attack. Very creative.

Starbound

Anyone else absolutely love her Jab?

This move is so safe, especially since Luma seems to automatically position right in front of you when you do it so you get both characters' hitboxes.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The long distance Star Bit is actually really useful for mind games. Most people expect a projectile to come from around Rosalina herself, not somewhere else. So if Luma is far away from Rosalina and the opponent is inbetween, and is approaching Rosalina, being able to shoot that long range Star Bit can stop them in their tracks and maybe even set them up for a follow up.

All of Rosalina's specials are incredibly solid, and which are better is entirely preference based, or match up dependent. None of her specials are completely useless, and this cannot be said for many other characters in the game to my knowledge.

Also, I was just playing 1v1 online, and despite me losing a quite a bit more than I would like tonight (I was tired and off my game, was letting a Peach beat me with painfully predictable moves), I discovered something really cool - Luma Shot reflects Dedede's Gordos. Sends them flying, and if they hit Dedede, it does serious damage.

Also, I tested if Gravitational Pull works on Villager's Bowling Ball and Tree, and it works on both, meaning that match up is in Rosalina's favour.
I had played Rosalina versusing Kindedede, nearly every attackes even atandard attacks can reflect his gordos.
That's the thing though, I didn't equip any items with stated jump height increasing effects.

Here is the load out, for anyone who wants to try it (and I highly recommend you do):

The increased running speed effect is actually a multiplier of 1.3, so her Speed stat actually sits at +91.

The first hit bonus grants her ten seconds of invincibility if she lands the first hit in the match.

The power reduction might seem off putting, but it actually works well here - Rosalina is so fast in the air and on the ground, that it's really hard to get a hit on her, and Luma Warp can be acted out of really quickly. Luma is unaffected by the equipment, so he's still a KO machine (and Rosalina can still KO surprisingly well).

Her combo ability is also amazing with this loadout. Grabs can be comboed out of easily even at high percents.

Also, I equipped Launch Star Plus as Rosalina doesn't need the assistance of the regular versions horizontal option, since her air speed is so good.
That's right, Rosalina needs a lot of speed since that's her biggest weak point.
Her grab is super efficient for messing up opponents.
So you still use the 3DS @ ChikoLad ChikoLad ? Won't you feel the screen is too small for smash? And the 3DS circle doesn't last long, my brother's 3ds circle pad rubber outlay felled out five days after he got the game..............
To be honest, I love the regular star bits more. Both customs don't do it for me.

The thing is, the regular special can do quite a bit of damage and is super spammable. Drifting star bits and shooting starbits are both to slow and lack in the kind of damage I like. Sure, you can shoot long distance. But the opponent can just shield. When he finds out what you are doing.

Luma Warp and Launch star plus are excellent though. I think Luma Warp and Luma Shot are going be based entirely on preference, and thats a good thing. I like both and switch between them when I can.
It depends on you. Customization can't be used online, so I guess your thought is okay....

Accurate representation of the Smash 4 tier list. :V
The most beautiful OP fighter ever!!!
Let me see: from top to bottom:
Kirby(Poor guy)
Sonic's arm ,right: Link's sword
Villager with Luigi's cap (Don't know where is he)
Little Mac struggling to get out.
Pac-man with his classic version (That's what he looks when he is helpless)
Yoshi
Bowser
Kingdedede with his classic fainted expression.

Now.......................who's next?

Last edited:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I'm finding that I struggle when fighting a powerful rushdown character like Little Mac since he can just barrel right through a lot of my defensive setups. (The super armor on half his moves doesn't help either...)
Good videos, but I wonder how long it will be before most commentators understand how Luma works. This one seems to think Luma automatically links back up with Rosalina on contact. (v. Greninja, round 2) Not to mention hardly anyone seems to know about how Luma is helpless when hit until it touches the ground.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That's right, Rosalina needs a lot of speed since that's her biggest weak point.
Her grab is super efficient for messing up opponents.
So you still use the 3DS @ ChikoLad ChikoLad ? Won't you feel the screen is too small for smash? And the 3DS circle doesn't last long, my brother's 3ds circle pad rubber outlay felled out five days after he got the game..............
Isn't Rosalina's low weight another weak point that she has? You'd have to choose between longevity or quickness in that situation.

As for the original Nintendo 3DS, I've had mine since early 2012, and the Circle Pad's rubber overlay is still in tact. You just need to avoid being reckless with it.

Starbound

Her low weight really isn't much of a problem.

Everyone is dying at 140%+ with vectors and huge blast zones that you can afford to take a dent to her comparatively low survivability.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Isn't Rosalina's low weight another weak point that she has? You'd have to choose between longevity or quickness in that situation.

As for the original Nintendo 3DS, I've had mine since early 2012, and the Circle Pad's rubber overlay is still in tact. You just need to avoid being reckless with it.
Right, but I'm actually OK with her low weight, I'm also a Mr.G&W main so I'm OK with it. Pick the best customize that suits you is the best option.
Well......my brother's 3DS circle pad was already swell up a little, so no wonder it will fell off LOL.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Her low weight really isn't much of a problem.

Everyone is dying at 140%+ with vectors and huge blast zones that you can afford to take a dent to her comparatively low survivability.
The thing is though, Rosalina can get KO'd before her damage even reaches 100% against certain heavy hitters.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I really need to start using more of her N-Air. Good range and lasts forever, it's such a good aerial for her along with her F-Air.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Unbelievable.. I'm not getting any notifications from this thread... Oh well.
So anyways, Rosalina with the power equipment is incredible. Even though I have the potential to get KO'd faster, it doesn't matter to me if I get a few hits. Plus, the throws deal a big amount of damage.

Here's my setup:

Fragile:

Equipment:

Holy Staff / Attack +62 / Defense -36
Rare Brawn Badge / Attack +44 / Defense -27
Hyper Smasher Brawn Badge / Attack +13 / Defense -27 / *Effect: Hyper Smash Attacks

Specials:

Power Luma Shot
Shooting Star Bit
Launch Star (was previously Launch Star Attack)
Guardian Luma (Allows me to gain extra jump height)

I love doing smash attacks with this. This setup has allowed me to beat the ultimate difficulty in Classic mode 9.0. Using a fully charged Power Luma Shot allows me to get multiple hits, racking up damage quickly. Keep in mind though, that I find this setup ideal for 7.0 difficulty in Classic mode, 9.0 is still very risky with this setup.

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Introductions: Hi everyone, I'm Locuan!

I am having a great time with this character. It's the first time in smash were I can actually force my opponents to respond to my playstyle thanks to Luma. It is also a more complex character since you have to be focused on multiple elements, which adds another layer of strategy. I am interested in seeing how this character will evolve with time.

I really need to start using more of her N-Air. Good range and lasts forever, it's such a good aerial for her along with her F-Air.
I have been having a hard time trying to get the Nair to connect. Do you have any possible scenarios where you would use it?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm not really certain about the speed boosting equipment for Rosalina now, as outside of Run!, it doesn't always help her out in Smash Run's final event. But I guess another issue is that Rosalina tends to do better in a 1-on-1 situation than in matches against multiple players.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Introductions: Hi everyone, I'm Locuan!

I am having a great time with this character. It's the first time in smash were I can actually force my opponents to respond to my playstyle thanks to Luma. It is also a more complex character since you have to be focused on multiple elements, which adds another layer of strategy. I am interested in seeing how this character will evolve with time.

I have been having a hard time trying to get the Nair to connect. Do you have any possible scenarios where you would use it?
Welcome Loucan!
To awnser your question. I found it effective when I was spacing people, punishing ground attacks and catching people from below are times where I found it effective.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I honestly find it less boring and more productive to just run Classic mode on 8.0 intensity or higher and abuse this trick:
Like Smash Run, you have a much higher likelihood of getting equipment and specials for the character you're currently using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom