• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm not really certain about the speed boosting equipment for Rosalina now, as outside of Run!, it doesn't always help her out in Smash Run's final event. But I guess another issue is that Rosalina tends to do better in a 1-on-1 situation than in matches against multiple players.
Her default jump is higher though because of my speed based set up, so she dominates that event too.

And it's really good in general matches too, makes her really hard to catch and does not compromise her defense at all. Plus, if she lands the first hit (Luma counts too), she becomes invincible for 10 seconds.

The power reduction has benefits in that it makes her a combo god. And Luma is unaffected by the equipment, so he's as great as ever.

Also, I got Guardian Luma today and replaced Gravitational Pull with it in my Speed Rosalina custom, as it works better for this set.

Last edited:

Neos

Smash Cadet
Introductions: Hi everyone, I'm Locuan!

I am having a great time with this character. It's the first time in smash were I can actually force my opponents to respond to my playstyle thanks to Luma. It is also a more complex character since you have to be focused on multiple elements, which adds another layer of strategy. I am interested in seeing how this character will evolve with time.

I have been having a hard time trying to get the Nair to connect. Do you have any possible scenarios where you would use it?
Welcome! It's always good to have more Rosalina and Luma players here.

As for the N-air, keep in mind for Rosalina that if you short-hop and then N-air right away without fast falling, it makes an amazing spacing tool due to the fact that it lasts forever. But don't get too close to your opponent when doing this because you can get grabbed after they shield.

As for the Luma, you probably already noticed that it punches forward then backwards. This can possibly cover rolling options if spaced right. Also, the BEST part about Luma's N-air is his forward punch comes out EXTREMELY fast, as if it comes out in frames 1 or 2! This is something I definitely abused.

Hopefully this helped.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I'm not really certain about the speed boosting equipment for Rosalina now, as outside of Run!, it doesn't always help her out in Smash Run's final event. But I guess another issue is that Rosalina tends to do better in a 1-on-1 situation than in matches against multiple players.
Same here. I've given Rosalina speed equipment in all 3 slots, and I don't feel it's beneficial overall. The main issue I have with the speed equipment is that is doesn't affect Luma's speed when separated. Peach on the other hand... (her floating, f-air and zoning is godly). The plus side of not affecting Luma's speed is that you can be further than usual and attack from a farther distance without worrying about getting hit. However, you don't have a lot of damage (which Rosalina can be lacking at times). I don't know, I just think the positives are slightly outweighed by the negatives (maybe?).

The only use I found for speed equipment is being able to maintain my speed when I have 2 defense slots equipped. It pretty much balances it out.

If people find speed to be unbelievably great and I'm wrong about the positives and negatives, then it doesn't matter to me. It just doesn't suit my playstyle.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Same here. I've given Rosalina speed equipment in all 3 slots, and I don't feel it's beneficial overall. The main issue I have with the speed equipment is that is doesn't affect Luma's speed when separated. Peach on the other hand... (her floating, f-air and zoning is godly). The plus side of not affecting Luma's speed is that you can be further than usual and attack from a farther distance without worrying about getting hit. However, you don't have a lot of damage (which Rosalina can be lacking at times). I don't know, I just think the positives are slightly outweighed by the negatives (maybe?).

The only use I found for speed equipment is being able to maintain my speed when I have 2 defense slots equipped. It pretty much balances it out.

If people find speed to be unbelievably great and I'm wrong about the positives and negatives, then it doesn't matter to me. It just doesn't suit my playstyle.
Oh my gosh, so many customizing mechanics, it makes me confused a bit since I don't have the English game yet.
Have you guys tried Rosalina to make some records in Multi Man Smash, Target Blast, and Home Run contest yet? Let us know!

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Oh my gosh, so many customizing mechanics, it makes me confused a bit since I don't have the English game yet.
Have you guys tried Rosalina to make some records in Multi Man Smash, Target Blast, and Hime Run contest yet? Let us know!
You can't use custom equipment in most solo game modes; they can only be used in Classic Mode and Training. As a result, you're pretty much stuck with her default settings for the Stadium game modes.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
You can't use custom equipment in most solo game modes; they can only be used in Classic Mode and Training. As a result, you're pretty much stuck with her default settings for the Stadium game modes.
I know that you can't use customized characters in online battles.
You can use it in Smaah Run ir local playing with your friends, it is just that excluding the movesets, the power upgrade things just makes me a bit confused for now.
So have you make any records by using Rosalina in the Stadium mode? I tried Rosalina in Target Blast and got all the red targets breaked in the first round.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
I need advice for beating Rosalina.

I main R.O.B., Olimar, Duck Hunt, and Bowser Jr., and you'll note that some of them rely heavily on projectiles.

Every time I face a good Rosalina, my projectiles are negated by either Luma or Gravitational Pull, forcing me to get in close. Unfortunately, due to the aforementioned Luma and the range on some of Rosalina's attacks, this is pretty difficult. I just can't get enough damage on her without being KO'd myself.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Welcome Loucan!
To awnser your question. I found it effective when I was spacing people, punishing ground attacks and catching people from below are times where I found it effective.
Excellent, I will definitely try it out. However, punishing ground attacks? Is it not better to use something stronger, like a smash attack?
Welcome! It's always good to have more Rosalina and Luma players here.

As for the N-air, keep in mind for Rosalina that if you short-hop and then N-air right away without fast falling, it makes an amazing spacing tool due to the fact that it lasts forever. But don't get too close to your opponent when doing this because you can get grabbed after they shield.
I had definitely noticed this. I tried it too close and always got grabbed. I'll try to use it for spacing.

As for the Luma, you probably already noticed that it punches forward then backwards. This can possibly cover rolling options if spaced right. Also, the BEST part about Luma's N-air is his forward punch comes out EXTREMELY fast, as if it comes out in frames 1 or 2! This is something I definitely abused.
I had not noticed how Luma reacted for the Nair. As you said, it seems really good to cover rolling options! I need to head to training mode as soon as I finish work and studies.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Hey guys, found this site interesting. You just vote for matchups and it creates a tier list off of it that changes a lot every day.
Rosalina has been constantly in 1st for pretty much the whole time people have been able to vote. She's fallen down to around like 4th and 2nd at some points, but mostly she just stays at the very top. Which I find very interesting...
And I think that makes some sense.
But I was wondering if you guys agreed with some of these matchups, or want to vote on some opinions of your own.
You can check it all out here:
http://www.eventhubs.com/tiers/ssb4/

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
I can almost guarantee the idiots claiming that Rosie&Luma need to be nerfed are the same idiots taking Japan's word as gospel on a game that has been out for less than 2 months. Get a grip lads, howay. It'll have changed by next month.

drLemons

Smash Rookie
NNID
leivionade
I hit 950m with Rosalina and Luma in Home Run Contest. Unfortunately I couldn't save the replay because I had too many, but I still have a replay with 920m. It's something! Their damage output is quite formidable. Also, they are very capable at the multi challenges as well thanks to their amazing spacing and tilts! And let's not forget Luma's right hook. I'm quite sure the two can hit that sandbag even larger distances!

I really enjoy it whenever after a Luma Shot, Luma starts to space themself about one fourth the stage width in front of Rosalina. Players just love jumping between them because that's where intergalactic tennis is supposedly played. Rosalina and Luma's tilts send opponents at the perfect horizontal trajectory for hilarious ping-pong combos between them. I saved a lot of replays with these combos which explains why I'm out of space. Anyway, you do not go between a mother and her child, especially not when they wield cosmic powers.

By the way, hey there! I've enjoyed this company for a while but only now decided to post.

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, found this site interesting. You just vote for matchups and it creates a tier list off of it that changes a lot every day.
Rosalina has been constantly in 1st for pretty much the whole time people have been able to vote. She's fallen down to around like 4th and 2nd at some points, but mostly she just stays at the very top. Which I find very interesting...
And I think that makes some sense.
But I was wondering if you guys agreed with some of these matchups, or want to vote on some opinions of your own.
You can check it all out here:
http://www.eventhubs.com/tiers/ssb4/
NO. NONONONONO. AVOID EVENTHUBS LIKE THE FREAKING PLAGUE. CUS THEN YOU GET PEOPLE WHO THINK THEY KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT VOTING ON IT AND IT'S JUST ALL WRONG. COME HERE FOR TIER LISTS. HELL, THE GAME SHOULDN'T EVEN HAVE TIER LISTS YET.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I have been having a hard time trying to get the Nair to connect. Do you have any possible scenarios where you would use it?
I like to use it while the opponent is recovering. Usually I'll use it and then when the ending part of the move is coming out (starting from where the hitbox is above her) I will jump out high and fastfall it like a sweeping motion to catch people out of jumps/recoveries.

andimidna

Smash Master
NO. NONONONONO. AVOID EVENTHUBS LIKE THE FREAKING PLAGUE. CUS THEN YOU GET PEOPLE WHO THINK THEY KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT VOTING ON IT AND IT'S JUST ALL WRONG. COME HERE FOR TIER LISTS. HELL, THE GAME SHOULDN'T EVEN HAVE TIER LISTS YET.
It's not supposed to be a tier list. Or at least i don't think so.... Nah not yet really, it just organizes the results that way. Idk, I didn't see anything wrong with it. Just checked out a few match ups that seemed to make sense at this point in the development of the game
It changes like every day so I doubt anybody actually treats it as concrete fact
But yea if you're not interested fine
I love watching you and iiGGY play :)

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I need advice for beating Rosalina.

I main R.O.B., Olimar, Duck Hunt, and Bowser Jr., and you'll note that some of them rely heavily on projectiles.

Every time I face a good Rosalina, my projectiles are negated by either Luma or Gravitational Pull, forcing me to get in close. Unfortunately, due to the aforementioned Luma and the range on some of Rosalina's attacks, this is pretty difficult. I just can't get enough damage on her without being KO'd myself.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Well...............Rosalina has a slow dash attack, and by defeating Luma can make her Smash less powerful, so if you have time. Take down Luma first. Also beware her grab too.
I don't like Bowser Jr. nor Duck Hunt Dog, they the newcomer that I don't accept them.
Olimar on the other hand, try to go get her on the top, use his N air a lot and throw Pikmin to give her damage, Rosalina is easily to get launched

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Excellent, I will definitely try it out. However, punishing ground attacks? Is it not better to use something stronger, like a smash attack?
Smash attacks are another use for it yes, but I found N-Air to much safer to use.(for me anyway)

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Smash attacks are another use for it yes, but I found N-Air to much safer to use.(for me anyway)
I can see it being much safer to use Nair since, if you miss, you will not be left out as an easy target. One has to evaluate the risk reward though.

I like to use it while the opponent is recovering. Usually I'll use it and then when the ending part of the move is coming out (starting from where the hitbox is above her) I will jump out high and fastfall it like a sweeping motion to catch people out of jumps/recoveries.
I will have to test this. I just wish I had more time to play.

Hopefully, I will watch it tonight and comment.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I can see it being much safer to use Nair since, if you miss, you will not be left out as an easy target. One has to evaluate the risk reward though.
Also the move itself doesn't have that much landing lag and its much safer when Luma is with you. But you do make a good point, since some attacks are too quick to react to.

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
Just took part in a regional online weekly thing with Rosie&Luma and ONLY went out to a Ganon cus I SD'd on the last stock of the last game. Here's the bracket for those interested (I'm skrull, but the TO (who's also my teammate) incorrectly capitalised my name, lol) http://challonge.com/NE3DS1

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Also the move itself doesn't have that much landing lag and its much safer when Luma is with you. But you do make a good point, since some attacks are too quick to react to.
Sure is, but honestly I seldom use N air since I always have the mind of KOing my opponent, and playing the game I noticed that the hit boxes are more harder to find. Meaning I often misses or just never get the sweetspot. I need to take more time getting used to it.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
@ SFA Smiley SFA Smiley

Great matches, it does give me a good idea of how to use Nair. Primarily, against those in platforms as well as against opponents coming from above. However, noticing your opponents play style you seemed to have the upper hand. More so seeing as this game is more about patience and your opponent wanted to rush you down. Hyper aggressiveness means you could capitalize easily on all of his failed attempts. Even in Melee a defensive mindset is far more rewarding than rush down and I do include characters like Falco and Fox here.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Rosalina dittos are an absolute nightmare. x_X

It's already tough to watch where your Luma is and then the game decides "hey your opponent has the same color luma as you isnt that neat?"

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
Rosalina dittos are an absolute nightmare. x_X

It's already tough to watch where your Luma is and then the game decides "hey your opponent has the same color luma as you isnt that neat?"
Yeah no they are horrible. I try to kill the other luma as quickly as possible...just so it changes color ._.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Ok, Rosalina is incredibly awesome, (but you guys knew that already), she's fun, she's good, she's beautiful.

Rosalina is my best character now. I win quite a bit of for glory matches with her. I need to play more of her though, and not just in for glory settings.

I've faced some of my friends with her, but I need to get more of a feeling on how she works on other stages and with her customs.

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
Ok, Rosalina is incredibly awesome, (but you guys knew that already), she's fun, she's good, she's beautiful.

Rosalina is my best character now. I win quite a bit of for glory matches with her. I need to play more of her though, and not just in for glory settings.

I've faced some of my friends with her, but I need to get more of a feeling on how she works on other stages and with her customs.
So far I only like her fast shooting star bit custom over the normals. I am only missing one launch star (the damage one) and the slow moving luma customs....and I doubt I'll like the slow moving luma. but so far I am really enjoying 1311 as my customs for her.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So far I only like her fast shooting star bit custom over the normals. I am only missing one launch star (the damage one) and the slow moving luma customs....and I doubt I'll like the slow moving luma. but so far I am really enjoying 1311 as my customs for her.
I personally don't like fast shooting. The regular version provides so much damage and it feels like it's worth the lag you take from the move to me.

The fast one just doesn't provide enough output for me. That's not to say it's bad, but it's not my choice. It can be really useful for getting chip damage for example. The regular version is more of a punisher.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

She is my main too.
I don't really like battling 1on1 stock without items, it is just not fun and cruel if you are facing a pro. However, I will still try it once a while with Rosalina in order to get good with and can tell which character she is good fighting with, and which she is not.
After trying some characters, I don't like to fight characters with massive projectiles like Robin, Megaman, Duck Hunt etc.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You know, whenever I play Classic Mode, I always tend to stay away from the Mario franchise routes. I guess when you care for Rosalina a lot, you'd rather avoid fighting against her, if you're able to.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
You know, whenever I play Classic Mode, I always tend to stay away from the Mario franchise routes. I guess when you care for Rosalina a lot, you'd rather avoid fighting against her, if you're able to.
I always pick the hardest route no matter what the series...except for multi man, I always choose the easiest then. I don't have issues with beating up other Rosalina's myself.

I think I only ever face Rosalina once through classic mode.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Me, I don't have any purpose of picking which franchise when playing classic mode.
In contrast, I often pick my mains franchise, so I most pick Mario, LoZ, Pac-man etc. franchise.
If I did meet Rosalina, then well.........I just fight her as usual. In giant battle I will definitely avoid Mario franchise because, all of the Mario reps are hard to battle when they are giant LOL.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I always pick the hardest route no matter what the series...except for multi man, I always choose the easiest then. I don't have issues with beating up other Rosalina's myself.

I think I only ever face Rosalina once through classic mode.
The funny thing is, even if you don't take any Mario franchise routes, you could still end up fighting against Rosalina in the free-for-all matches.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The funny thing is, even if you don't take any Mario franchise routes, you could still end up fighting against Rosalina in the free-for-all matches.
Perhaps so, let's just keep our fingers crossed every time you play classic mode.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
I was watching Shofu's stream the other day, and people in the chat were complaining about playing Rosalinas online.

I'm proud of you guys. :3 hue hue

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I was watching Shofu's stream the other day, and people in the chat were complaining about playing Rosalinas online.

I'm proud of you guys. :3 hue hue
Oh, really? What did they say about Rosalina? Did they say she is too OP? Too hard to use?
I am still figuring how to make combo and trying to stay connected with Luma, do you guys have any tips of controlling Luma?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hm...this looks interesting.

Picture dialouge from deviantart:
Palutena: Don't be nervous, Smile~Rosalina!
Rosalina: Oh!...Ok...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom