• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I was watching Shofu's stream the other day, and people in the chat were complaining about playing Rosalinas online.

I'm proud of you guys. :3 hue hue
Yeah, I've done my share of defeating quite a bit of players online. I even have videos if I can get a decent recording device.

I think if I can put the time in I can beat even the top players.

This was probably an impersonator, but I actually managed to beat a player called Ken 3 times. Ken's apparently the King of Smash, so I doubt it was actually him. It was still a very good player though and I saved two matches as replays. I lost to Zer0 though.

After losing the first round to players, I can usually win the second because I understand how that character works.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yeah, I've done my share of defeating quite a bit of players online. I even have videos if I can get a decent recording device.

I think if I can put the time in I can beat even the top players.

This was probably an impersonator, but I actually managed to beat a player called Ken 3 times. Ken's apparently the King of Smash, so I doubt it was actually him. It was still a very good player though and I saved two matches as replays. I lost to Zer0 though.

After losing the first round to players, I can usually win the second because I understand how that character works.
I am good fighting the character that I mained at.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina should really have a warning label on herself...

If she looks this good in Smash 3DS, then just think about how gorgeous her Smash Wii U appearance will be.

Last edited:

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
I can't wait for SSBU. For real, gonna put in so much work with that game. (I'll have to actually get a WiiU though lol)

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

If she looks this good in Smash 3DS, then just think about how gorgeous her Smash Wii U appearance will be.
Looking foraward to see you post Wii U screenshot of Rosalina in Smash Bros.

Moderator Edit: Image URL change.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Sakurai wasn't joking when he said Roaalina has the cosmos beneath her gown.

Moderator Edit: Fixed the quote tag.
Moderator Edit 2: Image URL change.

Last edited by a moderator:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Rosalina & Luma's sound effects sound so dangerous...
http://www.sounds-resource.com/other_systems/supersmashbrosfornintendo3ds/
I tried looking for their walking sound file, but I found nothing. If someone finds it in the miscellaneous section, please tell me.
Hm....never heard their walking sound before, do you know where to get MK8 and SM3DW Rosalina's voice?
More achivement I had done with Rosalina, I finally manage to break all the red targets in both turns and got 700000 points.
Taking down 100 man Smash with Rosalina takes me within 3 minutes, her up air, downair, forward attack, dash attack are all very usful. I think I can even get to 200 without any problem.
New Rosalina main here. Just spent a while in For Glory using her and I am very impressed
The first time you use Rosalina, I bet you thought: Gosh! She is so lightweight!
Rosalina can be hard to use, but since you are a Rosalina main now, I bet you can figure out some ways to attack.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
I think i did some kind of luma jabcancel, got the match recorded but dont have any good recordingsetup to upload it. 3rd jab or 6th hit on shield looked like it got canceled by a side B

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
So I'm salty as **** right now after getting thrashed in For Glory by this one guy who used, in sequence, Little Mac, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, and Shulk. Totally off my game in general but it's so frustrating. And he managed to gimp me as Little Mac of all people by footstooling me when I messed up a gimp attempt. That was really embarrassing.

The rest of my matches weren't so hot either, I think I won maybe 2 games total. My problem is that I want to send out Luma for stage control, but everyone I fought today was able to deal with it fairly easily.

</rant>

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So I'm salty as **** right now after getting thrashed in For Glory by this one guy who used, in sequence, Little Mac, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, and Shulk. Totally off my game in general but it's so frustrating. And he managed to gimp me as Little Mac of all people by footstooling me when I messed up a gimp attempt. That was really embarrassing.

The rest of my matches weren't so hot either, I think I won maybe 2 games total.
If For Glory mode started to feel cruel and frustrated for you, just take a chill by playing other games, and seriously, never play Smash Bros before bed, it is just like taking a cup of high caffeine coffee before going to sleep.

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
I think i did some kind of luma jabcancel, got the match recorded but dont have any good recordingsetup to upload it. 3rd jab or 6th hit on shield looked like it got canceled by a side B
I've had similar things like that. I also swear I once got a semi sorta jab reset when I got a hard knockdown from an aerial and just mashed A, leading Luma to jab the opponent back to standing... More investigation needed.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I did surprisingly well with Rosalina online today. Surprising, because I haven't been in the best of health, and it's effected my Rosalina game a lot.

I only lost 3 matches. Two of which were against a really good Link player, but I won the other 3 or 4 matches against him. The other loss was against a really good Samus, I think, but I also beat her once or twice.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I did surprisingly well with Rosalina online today. Surprising, because I haven't been in the best of health, and it's effected my Rosalina game a lot.

I only lost 3 matches. Two of which were against a really good Link player, but I won the other 3 or 4 matches against him. The other loss was against a really good Samus, I think, but I also beat her once or twice.
Going to get my own copy of the game soon. Can't wait to fight with you @ ChikoLad ChikoLad .
I bet that Link was really tough since Rosalina should have a lot of advantage fighting him. Samus I have nothing to say.
Roslina = pseudo ice climbers
Rosalina= Olimar+ Ice Climbers

Kef

Smash Apprentice
It was hard for me to see if this was posted elsewhere because the info on the character boards it's kind of scattered everywhere but I wanted to posted something about her boost grab, don't know if this has been posted already.

If you kara grab with Rosalina, she goes for her boost grab but Luma does the Dash Attack animation. Luma seems to hit a little earlier (couple of frames) than when Rosalina's grab becomes active, so it's a great tool for pressure (Luma keeps them in blockstun for an unescapable grab). It also makes you safer if you don't space a grab correctly seeing how Luma's Dash Attack has more range than the grab.

- forward>A+Grab Button
- forward>quarter circle down A+Grab Button (for instant DAttack)

Last edited:

Smasher89

Smash Lord
The luma dashgrab is discussed, but a good thing to bring up. You can use it to grab grounded opponents, and cover alot of space if you use lumas dashattack (that goes forward) and pivoting the grab so it goes backward.

Is there any difference more then the inputs you listed?

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I was able to unlock Ganondorf with one of my custom Rosalinas recently, and he sure felt like a joke. That Shooting Star Bit custom special sure came in handy against him.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
It was hard for me to see if this was posted elsewhere because the info on the character boards it's kind of scattered everywhere but I wanted to posted something about her boost grab, don't know if this has been posted already.

If you kara grab with Rosalina, she goes for her boost grab but Luma does the Dash Attack animation. Luma seems to hit a little earlier (couple of frames) than when Rosalina's grab becomes active, so it's a great tool for pressure (Luma keeps them in blockstun for an unescapable grab). It also makes you safer if you don't space a grab correctly seeing how Luma's Dash Attack has more range than the grab.

- forward>A+Grab Button
I also found that a reverse grab / turn around grab is useful with this technique in a match with 2 to 4 players. Instead of a quarter circle down A+Grab, you do a half circle down A+Grab (Left>down>right / right>down>left). Simple enough and the timing is pretty much the same. Luma hits in one direction, while you grab in the other direction.

Last edited:

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
does anyone pretty good at this game mind helping me get some match up practice? x:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
does anyone pretty good at this game mind helping me get some match up practice? x:
I wouldn't mind doing it.

--------------

So the freakiest thing happened to me while playing For Glory:

Had a Rosalina ditto.

My name is "Aaron".

Other guy's name was "not aaron".

I quit this game.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I wouldn't mind doing it.

--------------

So the freakiest thing happened to me while playing For Glory:

Had a Rosalina ditto.

My name is "Aaron".

Other guy's name was "not aaron".

I quit this game.
I...may have fought you, actually. I rock a default outfit Rosalina, name starts with a D. (Hesitant to state it on a forum, sorry.) I think it may have been on Brinstar? Ring any bells?

It's just that the name Aaron in context of a Rosalina player sounds vaguely familiar.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

- forward>A+Grab Button
I also found that a reverse grab / turn around grab is useful with this technique in a match with 2 to 4 players. Instead of a quarter circle down A+Grab, you do a half circle down A+Grab (Left>down>right / right>down>left). Simple enough and the timing is pretty much the same. Luma hits in one direction, while you grab in the other direction.
Well, I often use the shield grab the most. Rosalina has a quite awesome grabbing, just look how badass is she hitting the opponent with her wand and using her force to grab then LOL.
I got my own game!
I got the Japanese version already for my brother for a while now, but since it is Japanese I had never know the customizations stuff.
Here are my impressions on Rosalina and this game.
- The hitbox, and sweetspot is hard to find this time, I missed often this time.
- Due to my inflexible circle pad, I can turn around that quick, and I got punished easily.
- I wanted to join friends online, but all of them I can't join since some of them are playing for glory and some are just online and not playing online......can anyone join me?
- My first for glory 1on 1 match was facing a badass Jigglypuff. And I lost 2 times.
- Rosalina, slow,of course, but attacks are powerful, I break all the red targets on both two turns in Target Smash.
-First time I knew customizations have limitations because of the fighters weight, this gives a bit disadvantage for Rosalina since she can only stuff 20 equippments of powers in Smash Run.
Now for the ones who had tried the customizations, what kind of bonus effects did you get in battle? What combination you would recommend? Let me know please!

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I...may have fought you, actually. I rock a default outfit Rosalina, name starts with a D. (Hesitant to state it on a forum, sorry.) I think it may have been on Brinstar? Ring any bells?

It's just that the name Aaron in context of a Rosalina player sounds vaguely familiar.
I haven't fought any Rosalina's on Brinstar, to my memory.

I believe I've only fought 3 Rosalinas in For Glory - the one above, one on Flat Zone, and another somewhere else (can't remember but it definitely was not Brinstar).

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
- I wanted to join friends online, but all of them I can't join since some of them are playing for glory and some are just online and not playing online......can anyone join me?
Sure, just let me know when you wanna battle (I have Eastern Standard Time here in North America). I'm pretty sure you're on my friend's list.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Sure, just let me know when you wanna battle (I have Eastern Standard Time here in North America). I'm pretty sure you're on my friend's list.
Sure but I don't play the game much for now, even more rare for me online, my time zone is GMT+8
If I want to play with you I let you know.
Also, can you show me some sceenshots of good customizations of Rosalina if you have time? What kind of bonuses did you get?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sure but I don't play the game much for now, even more rare for me online, my time zone is GMT+8
If I want to play with you I let you know.
Also, can you show me some sceenshots of good customizations of Rosalina if you have time? What kind of bonuses did you get?
If you want a nimble Rosalina:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
If you want a nimble Rosalina:

I don't know, being too fast makes it even hard for me too find sweetspot.
I know there are some secret bonus with each combination, so what did you get?
Oh yeah, my first customize moveset was Guardian Luma.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't know, being too fast makes it even hard for me too find sweetspot.
I know there are some secret bonus with each combination, so what did you get?
The first equipment offers temporary invincibility if you get the first strike; the second equipment basically deals damage to anyone that you run into while dashing; the third equipment offers a 30% boost to the fighter's running speed.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I'm so bad at keeping my Lumas alive, especially in doubles. :(

Worst Mommy NA. -_-
Meh, I personally don't worry to much about the Lumas. Luma is incredibly helpful yes, but if I try to protect the Lumas too much, the opponents will take advantage of that.

I do try to put them out of harm's way when I can, but sometimes the Lumas will have to take hits for me.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The first equipment offers temporary invincibility if you get the first strike; the second equipment basically deals damage to anyone that you run into while dashing; the third equipment offers a 30% boost to the fighter's running speed.
Fair enough, gonna try out the equipments and see which bonus effects will I get.
I see the amiibo figures again, and I still think it will be cool if they had alt color figures costumes for some characters, Olimar they got to have Alph amiibo. I would really want a Red Rosalina amiibo if they have one.

Meh, I personally don't worry to much about the Lumas. Luma is incredibly helpful yes, but if I try to protect the Lumas too much, the opponents will take advantage of that.

I do try to put them out of harm's way when I can, but sometimes the Lumas will have to take hits for me.
I pull back Luma when I have chance, just like I used to protect Nana when I used Ice Climbers
Try Guardian Luma, it is soooo cool.

Last edited:

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
The Rosalina 3DS theme has the generic Super Mario Bros. Overworld theme. I don't know about you, but that's a dealbreaker for me. That theme is overused and has gotten old. Doesn't fit Rosalina at all, and it isn't even a good remix. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom