• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used Shulk. I loved him

I used Rosalina. I loved her

I love this game

Anyway, Rosalina is awesome. Of course, my first matches with her (I went DS to DS, not for Glory) were me getting wrecked because I didn't get used to her at all but then, I started winning more. But I need help though. I'll tell the areas I suck at

First, I suck with Luma which equates so sucking with Rosalina </3. All I know how to use well is the star bits shot. The rest like well, Luma's melee attacks. I suck. I keep missing for some reason

Second, I suck against long ranged characters. My friend used Marth and Shulk because I told him that it'd probably work. He used Shulk, switched to buster and KO'd my luma as in "pop". This also is saying that I suck at taking care of my Luma ;_;

Like with my Shulk, I got a long LONG way to go but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Glad you guys are finally getting to enjoy Rosie.

I have a tourney tomorrow. Most likely going all Rosalina/Luma but maybe a bit of Game & Watch as well. Wish me luck =)

Most likely I'll only get like top5 but I'm aiming for 1st

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I used Shulk. I loved him

I used Rosalina. I loved her

I love this game

Anyway, Rosalina is awesome. Of course, my first matches with her (I went DS to DS, not for Glory) were me getting wrecked because I didn't get used to her at all but then, I started winning more. But I need help though. I'll tell the areas I suck at

First, I suck with Luma which equates so sucking with Rosalina </3. All I know how to use well is the star bits shot. The rest like well, Luma's melee attacks. I suck. I keep missing for some reason

Second, I suck against long ranged characters. My friend used Marth and Shulk because I told him that it'd probably work. He used Shulk, switched to buster and KO'd my luma as in "pop". This also is saying that I suck at taking care of my Luma ;_;

Like with my Shulk, I got a long LONG way to go but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it
In general, I think using Luma is all about timing. Just make sure you get him in at opportune moments, and as well, letting him wander a little bit when your opponent is trying to recover or anything is a great way to catch them off guard. You can really play mind games with people once you learn to use Luma effectively.

As for characters like Shulk and Marth, I've only really faced them as CPU opponents so I can't really say, but my brother uses a lot of Ike, and he's got a similarly long range blade. However, I didn't have much trouble against him. So I'm not sure what to advise there, as so far, taking on characters like that doesn't seem anymore difficult than any other characters.

As for characters like Shulk and Marth, I've only really faced them as CPU opponents so I can't really say, but my brother uses a lot of Ike, and he's got a similarly long range blade. However, I didn't have much trouble against him. So I'm not sure what to advise there, as so far, taking on characters like that doesn't seem anymore difficult than any other characters.
Derp :(

Well thanks regarding the luma advice

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
"Well, you see..... Please understand"

Wonder if they'll patch this one :laugh:

because this is hilarious. Robin has been a victim of massive bull****. ZSS infinite and now this
I really doubt something like that would be patched.

This isn't really even that bad. It justs stops characters like Pikachu and Robin from using those type of projectiles. At least, they have to be a bit more smart with them.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
"Well, you see..... Please understand"

Wonder if they'll patch this one :laugh:

because this is hilarious. Robin has been a victim of massive bull****. ZSS infinite and now this
It's not a tactic that warrants patching, as Gravitational Pull is pretty much useless against anyone who lacks a projectile attack. However, it seems that laser attacks aren't affected, as Gravitational Pull always failed to stop laser attacks that certain Smash Run enemies can use.

It's not a tactic that warrants patching, as Gravitational Pull is pretty much useless against anyone who lacks a projectile attack. However, it seems that laser attacks aren't affected, as Gravitational Pull always failed to stop laser attacks that certain Smash Run enemies can use.
Point taken. I just feel bad for Robin :joyful:

Uh oh >_>'

Accidental double post. @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy please merge. My bad

Oh my. Luma's really handy in every situation

Last edited by a moderator:

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
They won't ban that, that's literally the point of the move.

People who are stupid and think it's a good idea to throw massive projectiles are rosie in close range will stop.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Ok

Rosalina is broken.
This is power of Gravataional Pull baby. :)
Yeah, this is not a glitch, this is a normal condition
They won't ban that, that's literally the point of the move.

People who are stupid and think it's a good idea to throw massive projectiles are rosie in close range will stop.
Yeah, we all know that.

Continue having fun with the game and Rosalina guys, try to find more odd things or some useful tatics.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I can see why people think it should be nerfed.

The move renders projectiles completely useless against her, and some characters have a heavy emphasis on projectiles, like Mega Man and Robin. Meaning those are two absolutely dominating match ups for Rosalina.

The way it worked on Robin's thunder spell was particularly crazy, because the rotational center of the projectile was treated as the very end of it. Meaning as soon as Rosalina used GP, the starting tip of the spell basically teleported to Robin's position. Which is admittedly, quite ridiculous.

Maybe they should just change how it works on that one projectile, maybe make it react more like the water from FLUDD, except it would essentially be an electric barrier. Because such an overpowered counter for Robin's move probably shouldn't be so effortless for us to pull off.

Roguay

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if anyone found this out yet, but a guaranteed setup against bowser/charizard and maybe other big characters i found:

Shoot luma out the shortest distance he can go
Grab
Pummel
Grabrelease
Jab combo/Downsmash/Fsmash/Anything

pretty good

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
Rosie&Luma v. Ganon is sooooo freeeeeee

Played my friend who mains Ganon and just spaced him out eternally lol

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I was so close to getting Luma Warp. I just had to lose to Master hand though. And it was the one thing I lost. ;_;

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I absolutely enjoyed playing as Rosalina in this game. Didn't took me long enough to master her Luma moveset combos and I gotta say: she's definitely a dangerous force to be reckoned with. xD

Last edited:
I don't mean "patch out" the use of the move

I just meant fixing how Robin's thunder (The beam version) works when it's affected by her down-B

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
So Gravitational Pull works on Duck Hunt's cans.

With Luma Warp and Grav Pull, we could be looking at a pretty solid way to get around Duck Hunt's intense camping game.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Went against my first good Little Mac today, with Pac-Man being in the fray too.

Yeah Little Mac is pretty tough for Rosalina to deal with on FD. Not so much anywhere else, but that place is his home turf alright.

His super armour is really annoying to get around and as a result he is very hard to punish even when he messes up. I always end up in trades and trying to get a hit takes such a long time.

Little Mac on FD is literally the only scenario where I've struggled online with Rosalina.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Also you can angle FSmash (like Luigi can). Luma also imitates the angle.

Biggest problem character I've had so far is Shulk, but he was only a problem due to not spacing Luma correctly. I haven't had any problems with Little Mac.

Also you can angle FSmash (like Luigi can). Luma also imitates the angle.

Biggest problem character I've had so far is Shulk, but he was only a problem due to not spacing Luma correctly. I haven't had any problems with Little Mac.
Well, I can relate to that very well

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Rosalina in a red dress... I don't know why, but she looks gorgeous in it. Same with Zelda in a red or blue dress.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I personally prefer Rosalina in her gold dress. So fancy. :3
The aqua and purple one is nice as well. Black make her look regal, pink makes her look cute, the yellow/gold one's well yellow/gold. I never really like yellow hues. As for her white/red, "Peach's Fire Flower dress", I don't care for it much since Peach makes it look better, but I wished Peach actually had her pony-tail when she used a Fire Flower.

Fire Flower Rosalina... Make my heart and passions burn... :love:

Rosalina is now the new Peach, as in...almost all of the girl smashers I know are playing her...including myself.

<________<
Oh! You're also a Shulk/Rosa player?

Yeah, a lot of girls wanna play as Rosa. It's mostly because of her unique moveset and how pretty she looks (Same reasons apply for me except I'm a guy)

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Oh! You're also a Shulk/Rosa player?

Yeah, a lot of girls wanna play as Rosa. It's mostly because of her unique moveset and how pretty she looks (Same reasons apply for me except I'm a guy)
Same here with the guy part. :p

@ KassandraNova KassandraNova She's fun right? :D

I'm really getting the hang of her. I love her so much. <3

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I now have all of Rosalina's custom specials after playing a lot of Smash Run games.
Wow! Nice job! Hope I can get her custom moves too when I get my own game.
So Gravitational Pull works on Duck Hunt's cans.

With Luma Warp and Grav Pull, we could be looking at a pretty solid way to get around Duck Hunt's intense camping game.
Oh, yeah, Using Rosalina to defeat DHD is the battle that I enjoyed the most.
Went against my first good Little Mac today, with Pac-Man being in the fray too.

Yeah Little Mac is pretty tough for Rosalina to deal with on FD. Not so much anywhere else, but that place is his home turf alright.

His super armour is really annoying to get around and as a result he is very hard to punish even when he messes up. I always end up in trades and trying to get a hit takes such a long time.

Little Mac on FD is literally the only scenario where I've struggled online with Rosalina.
See, Rosalina has a big disadvantage against most of the fast characters, I had a hard time defeating Greninja too.
To defeat Little is really hard for you to attack him on ground, try to throw him up air or off stage.
For Little Mac mains, I want to give you one piece of advice:NEVER, use his side special at edge of the stage.
The aqua and purple one is nice as well. Black make her look regal, pink makes her look cute, the yellow/gold one's well yellow/gold. I never really like yellow hues. As for her white/red, "Peach's Fire Flower dress", I don't care for it much since Peach makes it look better, but I wished Peach actually had her pony-tail when she used a Fire Flower.

Fire Flower Rosalina... Make my heart and passions burn... :love:
I like the red dress the most, as I use it way more than the other palette swaps.
I personally prefer Rosalina in her gold dress. So fancy. :3
My favorite color is red so of course I like Rosalina in red dress, but Gold, Black, Green also looks gorgious for her.
Red or Fire Rosalina being super tough:" This Rosalina is on fire~~~~~"
Rosalina is now the new Peach, as in...almost all of the girl smashers I know are playing her...including myself.

<________<
Well..... I regard her as the new Ice Climbers, which they are used to be my main, so not just only girls use Rosalina, everyone who like her, ones who is good using dual characters all use Rosalina, she is my official female main.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Same here with the guy part. :p

@ KassandraNova KassandraNova She's fun right? :D

I'm really getting the hang of her. I love her so much. <3
My love of her is equally my love with Mario, my major main.
Rosalina is the best thing since sliced bread.

And the Luma too.
Marvelous Rosalina, she'll be the female character that I'm going to use the most, and the second most used character after Mario.

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
Ey, so. I found out that I really enjoy using Rosalina. Probably gonna main her. I'll probably be around here a lot.

I'll be checking out the moveset thread or whatever the competitive analysis thread here is, but I was wondering if you guys knew of a "Guide to competitive Smash" sort of thread? I know most of the stuff, but there are some things that I've only heard people mention off-hand and never explain.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
So Rosalina is super fun and amazing and cerebral and I don't even slightly regret choosing to use her. But this is the Rosalina subforum so I suppose I'm hardly unique in that opinion here.

That said, I've found it fairly difficult to keep the presence of mind necessary to have Luma retaliate for me after I'm hit. I have a hard time imagining I'm the only person with this issue, but I'm not sure how to address it other than simply playing a lot of matches and hoping my brain catches up and remembers.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Got 4th today. I suicided and also saved K9 first round of winners so i lost my first match but fought my way through losers. Some good videos should be uploaded in addition to a lot of doubles.

I really wish I didn't let that win happen but it's whatever. My crew took the top 6 spots except for K9

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I have the game and I love Rosalina. Its so sweet playing her and then killing an opponent who isn't even close to you.

Its really easy to rack up damage.

Also I have a sweet new avatar.

Neos

Smash Cadet
Guys Rosalina is so fun and awesome! I feel really good about her because I went to a tournament yesterday and entered for doubles and singles and did very well. My partner (my sister, Ojama, who plays Sheik) and I got 1st place in doubles out of about 10 teams, and for singles out of 51 people I managed to place 2nd (1st place is Esam). I wanted to post the videos but I didn't know how to do so since the matches weren't streamed.

otter

Smash Ace
I can see why people think it should be nerfed.

The move renders projectiles completely useless against her, and some characters have a heavy emphasis on projectiles, like Mega Man and Robin. Meaning those are two absolutely dominating match ups for Rosalina.
Its less effective than a standard reflector. dear lord go play league with that ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom