• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(MOST1) Major Okanagan Smash Tourney - Kelowna BC, August 16th - Melee/Brawl/64

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
There wont be many friendlies if any regarding 64. The only way you're going to play 64 is entering the singles bracket, those will be your friendlies. We have 1 set up, maybe 2. No friendlies until it's over, which wont be much and if everyone wants friendlies, I doubt anyone will end up playing aside from the people that were in the tourney cause they'll already be there, which probably wont happen anyway.

ENTER 64. It's not with free pizza, pizze = $9 for a large from Panago. lol

Tim_Dalton

Smash Cadet
Daltsys confirmed. Cleared the work schedule for you Dyna :D

Again, if anyone needs housing for any nights around the tournament date Dynamism or myself would be more then glad to have you. Just try and let us know as soon as you can, as a heads up would be nice.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Are there any good eating spots within walking distance?
Nice places or fast food? There's a few of each I guess. You can just order pizza though...PIZZA!!! I actually just had some like 2 minutes ago lol

Yeah, we're gonna try and make it out there. Not 100% though.
Oh you bettah if you wanna be prepared for this! Nah, just come out for some friendlies and happy happy fun time.

Daltsys confirmed. Cleared the work schedule for you Dyna :D

Again, if anyone needs housing for any nights around the tournament date Dynamism or myself would be more thAn glad to have you. Just try and let us know as soon as you can, as a heads up would be nice.
fixed, and agreed

The Holiday in can provide it too but I'm sure smashing all night with a bunch of smashers is funner than sleeping in a lame boring room and there aren't too many people needing housing anyway.

PIZZA

And they have 4 Starcrafts! WOOT

MDZ

Smash Journeyman
Armstrong B.C Canada. It's in the Okanagan, so if
Nice places or fast food? There's a few of each I guess. You can just order pizza though...PIZZA!!! I actually just had some like 2 minutes ago lol

Oh you bettah if you wanna be prepared for this! Nah, just come out for some friendlies and happy happy fun time.

fixed, and agreed

The Holiday in can provide it too but I'm sure smashing all night with a bunch of smashers is funner than sleeping in a lame boring room and there aren't too many people needing housing anyway.

PIZZA

And they have 4 Starcrafts! WOOT
*cough* mini sc tourny?!?!?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
That map actually looks freakin sweet. I think the correct phrase is TOTALLY AWESOME. Is that a custom made one? Or what's it called? I'll get Jack to load that one for me on my account lol.

They said they can get as many SCs as they want, just has to be played lan.

unityole

Smash Lord
leaving SC aside, got some news on players from USA... looks like eggz having a tourney of his own on the same day, so he most likely will not show up. that also include silentwolf, djcombo and egg'z other friends, they aren't coming.

they ditched my tourney too :/, it was geegee, sick johns!

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
leaving SC aside, got some news on players from USA... looks like eggz having a tourney of his own on the same day, so he most likely will not show up. that also include silentwolf, djcombo and egg'z other friends, they aren't coming.

they ditched my tourney too :/, it was geegee, sick johns!
Yeah, he told me on AiB a little while ago, it's money johns this time. gg

Corbin and Ced have confirmed so at least that makes up for it :p

That map is one of the Korean ProGaming maps called Fantasy II. It's my favorite. xD
Where can I get this? Jack, any ideas?

do most of the kelowna people going to this play melee?
I would think so, not MOST but a LOT anyway. Meaning yes? Most from out of town are too.

You thinking of coming?

I'll be in California during this, otherwise I prolly would've went, cuz Eggz tourney is Brawl I think. Just sayin.

Trozz

Smash Ace
I've got another friend coming with me to Kelowna (most probably). His smash tag is Balls.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Balls and jugfingers now on the confirm list.

It's great to see these new faces, new to me anyway haha.

jugfingers: If you know anyone else that plays in Vernon, let them know. It's not often that we get a tourney up here.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
How are you planning on having all 3 of these events in one day?

I don't want the meele tourney to end and then 50,000 meta knights and snakes walk in the room ~_~

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
lol melee is before Brawl but I'm not going to worry about that. Melee players will come to play and I'm sure that Brawl players would like to join in too along with some that just want to smash and didn't really read any details. But there's going to be 10 setups or so...no problems and possibly lots of friendlies with these quantities. And we have enough time. Even SFU tourneys end around 3/4 when we have 6 set ups and people squeezing mms in.

Honestly I don't know what to expect though, this is the first thing NOT in my basement and NOT invite only so I can't come up with any numbers or anything. I just hope it turns out well. Trying to live up the SFU/BC standard here lol

Eric must come, it is his last chance before the eastern year long trip. I don't think he's driving though, Adam said he's coming too. Don't know what the deal is there though...

apocalypse_1st

Smash Rookie
hey I want to get in on this comp (only for the 64), but I never been to anything like this before, do I just show up there on the 16th? or what?

and why is it only 5 bucks for the 64 events, that's birdseed.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
JACK! :O A 64 PLAYER!!! :O

lol

64 is usually cheaper to enter than the other events because not many people enter it because they play the other games more. But I think that might have been because everybody always new who was gonna win the whole thing, at this, not so much ;]
So I might 1UP the price if there's a lot of interest. Which surprisingly there seems to be. BUT!!! For 64 to happen, Jack has to come because he is our only supply of 64 (a setup and 8 controllers) unless you have a setup and controllers, then we would have a potential 3 64 setups (you, Jack, Steve) which would be SICK!!!! >:^D

btw, glad you got on, are you Taz?

The more the funner and the funner the better, bring em all jugfingers!! :D

unityole

Smash Lord
if tiep is going then i will have to ask him if i get can get a ride.

but then again theres tony, eric, adam and many others who wants to go too, so in the end i prob wont go.. we'll c though, i'll try to ask around more often and see what happens.

unityole

Smash Lord
hey I want to get in on this comp (only for the 64), but I never been to anything like this before, do I just show up there on the 16th? or what?

and why is it only 5 bucks for the 64 events, that's birdseed.
if u think 5 dollars per person is too little, you can always money match others afterward, an example would be me.. :O

say, my link/samus/dk vs your anything, 10 dollars money match best of 5? we can play a couple if you want, i wouldnt mind.

my link's boomerang and bomb will pwn
my samus's charge shot and up b will ****
my dk's punch and power throw will kill

apocalypse_1st

Smash Rookie
Yeah I'm Taz, and I can bring three 64 setups plus controllers, and two other contenders if that's okay. And unityole that money match is a good idea, I hope there's an Interac near by for your sake.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
3 setups with 4 controllers each?!?! Or 2 controllers? OMG I might just raise the price of 64 with that many setups lol

Samus is the savior for Vancouver players everywhere...It's a dsmash! It's a dair! It's a Charge Shot! It's Tiep!

Edit: I still have an mm to do with him too...

unityole

Smash Lord
Yeah I'm Taz, and I can bring three 64 setups plus controllers, and two other contenders if that's okay. And unityole that money match is a good idea, I hope there's an Interac near by for your sake.
for your sake? yours? or mine?
I'm ronald btw, you can just call me ronald instead of unityole kthnx

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
I decided not to go, Two LONG A$$ bus trips both in one day to play melee with some meh people >_>

Clouderz

Smash Ace
good to hear Eggz isnt coming so i dont have to worry about him lolz

Come on people i need more barwl singles!!

:@

unityole

Smash Lord
so no one from BC is gonna go up? i guess no carpool for me..
probably gh bus is the only way to get up there

edit: need ride, can split gas for carpool..

Taz: if i can't get up there, it's really too bad, i cherish smash64 greatly but 12+ busing in 1 day isnt going to work for me. I got work on friday night and sunday morning so if theres no ride, Imost likely won't be able to go.

if I do end up going, great, but if not i hope to see you here down in vancouver next time? when i host a tourney.. in the future.

Top Bottom