• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(MOST1) Major Okanagan Smash Tourney - Kelowna BC, August 16th - Melee/Brawl/64

Trozz

Smash Ace
The only time I play offline is at tourneys. That's why I suicided so many times the first couple games. GB is pretty lame, but you do get the odd good match.

Clouderz

Smash Ace
That Falcon ditto was sick cloud :p
I agree with Berrypoo

lol randon is top tier but ew GB
I agree with Davypoo

yeah i had a lot of nice falcon dittos with people, this one guy (he played lucas) he was beating me in falcon dittos, he was usually hanging around with Riot, the guy with blonde hair i think

he was a pretty good falcon o_O

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
That's Jumblez, he's my little bro.
STOP! was his tag right? haha

His Falcon is pretty good yeah, goes even with mine in dittos. When I'm not having a bad day anyway, he was better than me when I went up against him in doubles though. Nearly knocked me and Daltsy into the loser bracket in the first round. What a jerk lol. It was a scary bad day for me in Brawl...great for melee. I haven't played melee that well in a loooong time. :D
64 was sick too.
Dang it, now I wanna play smash again lol

Edit: omg I was so close to beating Daltsy in the finals. The closest I've ever been to winning a set against him!!!
DAAAAALLLLTSSSYYYY

Edit Edit: DAAAALLLTSSSYYYYY
Daltsy, Kaelen, Chris, AJ, Saki
smashfest sometime next week for melee? My house? Sometime when Chris is housesitting on Pandosy so he's close?
yeah?!

Clouderz

Smash Ace
That's Jumblez, he's my little bro.
STOP! was his tag right? haha

His Falcon is pretty good yeah, goes even with mine in dittos. When I'm not having a bad day anyway, he was better than me when I went up against him in doubles though. Nearly knocked me and Daltsy into the loser bracket in the first round. What a jerk lol. It was a scary bad day for me in Brawl...great for melee. I haven't played melee that well in a loooong time. :D
64 was sick too.
Dang it, now I wanna play smash again lol

Edit: omg I was so close to beating Daltsy in the finals. The closest I've ever been to winning a set against him!!!
DAAAAALLLLTSSSYYYY

Edit Edit: DAAAALLLTSSSYYYYY
Daltsy, Kaelen, Chris, AJ, Saki
smashfest sometime next week for melee? My house? Sometime when Chris is housesitting on Pandosy so he's close?
yeah?!

ohh yeah it was the STOP! anyways, he's pretty good, wich guy was daltsy, i forgot cause i dont know their smashboards name

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Daltsy was my doubles partner, he doesn't play Brawl though. He's all melee. Won first in the melee events. The guy I was yelling Daltsy at haha

Edit: Just moving an edit from the last post to this one lol
Edit: I just noticed you said he played Lucas. He doesn't play Lucas. He has a decent Lucas I think but Falcon and Lucas are like his 12th/15th mains or something. It's kind of my fault that he doesn't have a main. He used Random for a long time because I do. >_>

Clouderz

Smash Ace
Daltsy was my doubles partner, he doesn't play Brawl though. He's all melee. Won first in the melee events. The guy I was yelling Daltsy at haha

Edit: Just moving an edit from the last post to this one lol
Edit: I just noticed you said he played Lucas. He doesn't play Lucas. He has a decent Lucas I think but Falcon and Lucas are like his 12th/15th mains or something. It's kind of my fault that he doesn't have a main. He used Random for a long time because I do. >_>

well he used lucas on me in singles, anyways, im suprised on how many falcon punches / knee's i got in that tourney, too good, haha

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
haha sweet. I wish I could've had time and watched some more of those matches. I would've liked to see at least one good brawl knee ;P

unityole

Smash Lord
obviously cloud is inexperienced in terms of playing the game. well at least thats what i think, but the videos that i watched of him playing others on youtube were added a while back, say 2-3 monthes?

i've seen a couple of him losing to rob, marth and pikachu. few reasons to that is projectiles had a over powering advantage in brawl game. looking at the pikachu spamming energy balls just not fun, same goes for rob spamming those lasers and spinning tops.

in 64 u could at least attack the projectiles (other than fox's laser) to block it and cancels it. and most projectile moves have long lag after the attacks are used. brawl doesnt have that. it's really hard to block the projectiles by attacking it, and those moves have no lag.

on top of that theres a couple of moves from rob and pikachu/marth kinda out range mk. say example rob's fair or dash attack, just too freaking long. since cloud is prob use to winning, and since hes inexperienced, seeing him losing during a match he would be more impatient and rush into other's trap.

the match of david vs pikachu and rob is not as fun as him vs the marth, cause that marth dude really got some good spacing and mindgames, while the other 2 would spam projectiles a lot more and just wait till david screws it up or get frustrated. if clouderz could actually force himself to learn and admit mistakes then he'll be ****. try watch azen vs m2k mk dittos, u'll see how m2k space himself out etc.

for the peep that played 64 in most1, apacolypse_1st you said something about playing competitively with only money on the line, thats not so true. if you're down here theres a couple of players here that would play so hard just to win cause they love the game. also i didn't know the other guys had to wait for almost 7 hrs before they get to play O_o. JAMES WHATS WRONG??? too much sc? lol

1st time hosting, even i was a n00b hosting tourney :D just try to be the best u can james, ur tournament will ****.

Clouderz

Smash Ace
obviously cloud is inexperienced in terms of playing the game. well at least thats what i think, but the videos that i watched of him playing others on youtube were added a while back, say 2-3 monthes?

i've seen a couple of him losing to rob, marth and pikachu. few reasons to that is projectiles had a over powering advantage in brawl game. looking at the pikachu spamming energy balls just not fun, same goes for rob spamming those lasers and spinning tops.

in 64 u could at least attack the projectiles (other than fox's laser) to block it and cancels it. and most projectile moves have long lag after the attacks are used. brawl doesnt have that. it's really hard to block the projectiles by attacking it, and those moves have no lag.

on top of that theres a couple of moves from rob and pikachu/marth kinda out range mk. say example rob's fair or dash attack, just too freaking long. since cloud is prob use to winning, and since hes inexperienced, seeing him losing during a match he would be more impatient and rush into other's trap.

the match of david vs pikachu and rob is not as fun as him vs the marth, cause that marth dude really got some good spacing and mindgames, while the other 2 would spam projectiles a lot more and just wait till david screws it up or get frustrated. if clouderz could actually force himself to learn and admit mistakes then he'll be ****. try watch azen vs m2k mk dittos, u'll see how m2k space himself out etc.

for the peep that played 64 in most1, apacolypse_1st you said something about playing competitively with only money on the line, thats not so true. if you're down here theres a couple of players here that would play so hard just to win cause they love the game. also i didn't know the other guys had to wait for almost 7 hrs before they get to play O_o. JAMES WHATS WRONG??? too much sc? lol

1st time hosting, even i was a n00b hosting tourney :D just try to be the best u can james, ur tournament will ****.

umm okay, jack, i LEARN from my mistakes, im not trying to be cocky because your a real nice guy, but idc if i lose, im actually HAPPY when i lose, considering i dont lose much, i see how i lost and ways to improve , and dotn judge me on those matches from youtube, i didnt even know their were youtube vids of me, they were just vids of them beating me, from awhile ago, cause they think their godly when they beat me so they take advantage of that and share the world with it

and i know about M2K, i've watched a LOT of vids of him, i know how to space myself etc <_< lol and im 100% not impatient when i lose, who the hell says that, just because im inexperienced means im inpatient when i lose? ....haha

why does everyone tell me about how un-experienced i am when i win a tourney, it makes me feel so bad about myself lol

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
lol I don't think that's what he means.

And yeah, youtube vids only go so far but bleh

Anywhoziez
That's good that you like to lose Clouderz, I love to lose. That's my favorite thing from a competitive perspective. Like losing to Brett and Taz in 64, that was so freakin intence. GGs guys. And losing to you in Barlw and Daltsy in melee and fire bros in doubles. That was epic!

And just keep playing. When win or lose you're learning, that's evident. Don't feel bad or take it personally. I also think that ^ was more about Brawl than you particularly. And when you play you're learning much, like against me you changed your style as I started playing more like my old self. That was something I noticed and you began playing less routinely and coutered what I was doing. Soon that routine will be out of your system all of the time and you might be unstoppable. And when you don't have a routine that I can predict, my Bowser wont even be able to beat you! ;P
lol jkz that was so funny and lucky haha. And you learned from that obviously, you even asked what happened. You like pro or something? ;]

Clouderz

Smash Ace
lol I don't think that's what he means.

And yeah, youtube vids only go so far but bleh

Anywhoziez
That's good that you like to lose Clouderz, I love to lose. That's my favorite thing from a competitive perspective. Like losing to Brett and Taz in 64, that was so freakin intence. GGs guys. And losing to you in Barlw and Daltsy in melee and fire bros in doubles. That was epic!

And just keep playing. When win or lose you're learning, that's evident. Don't feel bad or take it personally. I also think that ^ was more about Brawl than you particularly. And when you play you're learning much, like against me you changed your style as I started playing more like my old self. That was something I noticed and you began playing less routinely and coutered what I was doing. Soon that routine will be out of your system all of the time and you might be unstoppable. And when you don't have a routine that I can predict, my Bowser wont even be able to beat you! ;P
lol jkz that was so funny and lucky haha. And you learned from that obviously, you even asked what happened. You like pro or something? ;]

rofl im still really dumb-founded that you beat me with bowser, those bowsercides really come in handy 'dlghfdg i only think you bowsercided me once than you got some nice kills on me or something, some stuff i didnt expect was going to hit me haha

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
lol yeah there was only one and the best part!!!...
You actually Bowsercided us the first stock. I was DIing towards the stage after I grabbed you off the stage but you DIed the other way for a second to SD us lol.

After that I was just playing well though. I think it was the match before Bowser that I was actually keeping up with you and finally avoiding those simple gimps and combos that you ***** me with in the semis. Still never got back all of my skillz but I'm glad I could actually defend myself and trade leads with you near the end.

We should've had a bunch of matches before the tourney like when you wanted the mm. I was stupid and didn't so my melee skillz would stay good. Which helped because I did so well in melee, but if we played more I probably would've done better in Brawl.
Dilema =[ lol

unityole

Smash Lord
dav if u read what i said, i mentioned about those vid been there for about 2-3 monthes old, also you WERE impatient in that marth video, i can tell cause its a smash game. smash games are similar.

Clouderz

Smash Ace
dav if u read what i said, i mentioned about those vid been there for about 2-3 monthes old, also you WERE impatient in that marth video, i can tell cause its a smash game. smash games are similar.

yeah, okay sorry jack ;_; your right, i was impatient <_< it was irritating cause i had a hard time trying to approach, back then ;p

Bburge

Smash Rookie
Word up, things have gotten happier here...which is cool cuz this will probably be my last post (sorry, Im movin in a week to Victoria so I gotta focus all on that)

So to sum:

James, sorry for cuttin into ya so hard...I really enjoy writing and get carried away, so I want to apologize cuz I know I went too far; resentment is a better word than jealousy, but still may have too negative a connotation, but lets just move on from that. Honestly bro, thanks a lot for this opportunity you provided for me and the others. I didn't even know smash tourneys existed, and you really were very inviting and friendly. I organize my own spoken word poetry event in Vernon because there was nothing before, so I understand how much work something like this is, and I hope you keep it goin (it runs smoother everytime, trust me).

Dalton, I would absolutely love to play you on 64 one day. Honestly, Taz and I have never truely been beaten at this game (although James came waaay too close for comfort!), so I would die for the competition. I am bringing my 64 to Viccy with me, so if you are in town, please, come play me (same to you James or anyone else who thinks they have a chance).

Clouds, A true champ only talks about being the best when he is asked to by the rest, so remember to remain gracious or you'll end up another big douchebag. But keep it up son, passion is priceless in a world meant to breed dropouts--stick with it.

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
i might go... if i can either get someone to drives me and let me stay at someone place for a day(im too cheap to get a room in a cheap hotel).... and get a day off work if im working at that point.

Top Bottom