• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(MOST1) Major Okanagan Smash Tourney - Kelowna BC, August 16th - Melee/Brawl/64

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
1st Major Okanagan Smash Tournament

@ Teh Xzone - Kelowna BC, Canada. August 16th - Melee + Brawl + 64

- Doors open at 9:00 am
- Events start at 11, friendlies until then
- There will be sign ups all of the time on the tables at the front
- As long as you sign up before the event begins, you can participate in the event
- There is no cap to the brackets and no cut off time to sign up for any event unless the event begins

Melee Doubles will start roughly at 11:00 am
Melee Singles after that
64 Doubles will proceed after the cross over of a few setups during melee finals
64 Singles after that
Brawl Doubles will proceed after a game cross over on all of the systems
Brawl Singles after that
Brawl Crews after that
Melee Low Tiers and Falcon Only will be last if there is enough interest
Brawl FFA for fun at the end if wanted

An entrance fee of $5 will be payed at the counter then the sign up sheets will be inside. Sign up for the events you want at 10$ per person in Singles, 5$ per person in Doubles and $20 per crew

Food:
The Xzone is a cafee and has food for sale there including chips, burritos, pop, coffee, pizza pockets, various other food items at the counter and they can get any large pizza from Panago for $9.

Housing
The Xzone has hosted many Call of Duty and Counter Strike tournements in the past so the Holiday Inn across the street provides free housing. Tim and I can also house plenty if you'd rather stay somewhere to smash. For both Friday and Saturday night depending when you're coming up and leaving.

Events:

Melee Doubles - $10 / team, best of 3, 4 stocks, time 8 minutes.
Melee Singles - $10 / person, best of 3, 4 stocks, time 8 minutes.
Brawl Doubles - $10 / team, best of 3, 3 stocks, time 8 minutes.
Brawl Singles - $10 / person, best of 3, 3 stocks, time 8 minutes.
64 Singles - $5 / person, best of 3, 5 stocks.
64 Doubles - $6 / team, best of 3, 5 stocks.

(Events that will only happen with enough entrants)
Brawl Crews - $20 / crew, 4/5 people per crew, 15 stocks per crews team, time 8 minutes.
Melee Low Tiers - $5 / person, best of 3, 4 stocks, time 8 minutes.
Brawl FFA - $2 / person, no time, items very high, 3 stock.

Semis' and Loser's final are best of 5, all finals best of 5.

+ 5$ Venue Fee
All events are seeded randomly, double elimination, items off. POT split % 60/30/10 (after an initial 5% of the pot is given towards the Venue cost)

Rules:
General Rules
- If the game was ever to freeze, the match will be restarted despite the remaining stocks of both players, unless there was a clear winner.
- Controller mods that alter control/button sensitivity are not allowed what so ever.
- Controller mods that change its cosmetics (Color/Plastic casing) or anything exterior of the like are allowed.
- Changing cosmetics will not affect a players ability to play smash and the match will still be on even playing fields.
- Entrants for Melee & Brawl need to bring their own controller.
- This tourney will go by the standard BC Gameplay Rules For Smash

B.C. Gameplay Rules:
Singles: Double elimination. Random seeding. Pot is divided 60/30/10 for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, respectively.
- Lives:
Melee: 4 stock per match
Brawl: 3 stock per match
- Time Limit: 8:00 minutes, 10:00 for Semi-Finals and Finals. Higher stock/lower percent determines the winner if time runs out. If exact stock-% draw at the end of match, another 1 stock match is played to determine winner.
- Items: Off.
- Matches Per Set: Best 2 out of 3. Winners’ finals, Losers’ finals, and Grand Finals played best 3 out of 5.
- Set Style: Advanced slobs. First match is random stage. The loser chooses the stage for the following match. The winner then chooses his character for said match. Following this, the loser gets to counterpick their character, and the match is played.
- Blind Picks: If players cannot agree on a match-up to play their first match, a 3rd party may be called in. Both players secretly tell the 3rd party which character they will use, and they are forced to use that character. This allows for no possibility for character counter-picks on the first match.
- Stage deletion: If both players agree, each may ban 1 stage for the whole set.
- Dave’s Stupid Rule: While counter-picking a stage, a player may not select the stage on which he last won.

Doubles: Double elimination. Pot is divided 70/30 for 1st and 2nd place, respectively.
- Lives:
Melee: 4 stock per player
Brawl: 3 stock per player
- Time Limit: 8:00 minutes, 10:00 for Semi-Finals and Finals. If exact stock-% draw at the end of match, play the Super Sudden Death.
- Items: Off.
- Friendly Fire: On
- Life Stealing: Allowed
- Matches Per Set: Best 2 out of 3. Winners’ finals, Losers’ finals, and Grand Finals played best 3 out of 5.
- Set Style: Advanced slobs. First match is random stage. The losers choose the stage for the following match. The winners then choose their characters for said match. Following this, the losers get to counterpick their characters, and the match is played.
- Blind Picks: If players cannot agree on a match-up to play their first match, a 3rd party may be called in. Players secretly tell the 3rd party which characters they will use, and they are forced to use that character. This allows for no possibility for character counter-picks on the first match.
- Stage deletion: If players agree, each team may ban 1 stage for the whole set.
- Dave’s Stupid Rule: While counter-picking a stage, a team may not select the stage on which they last won.

Free For Alls
- top 2 of each round will advance while the bottom 2 enters loser's bracket, and so on. S
Stages:
64 - Dreamland, Peach's Castle and Jungle Congo.
Brawl - Smashville only. Bonus: Prize for popping the most BALLOONS

SSB64: Doubles and Singles:
- Stages banned are Yoshi's Island, Saffron City, Mushroom Kingdom and Sector Z due to cloud, piller and edge camps.
- 64 controllers will be provided.

Crews
- General BC gameplay rules apply.
- No switching characters between matches unless both teams decide to allow character changes otherwise before the full set begins.
- Stock carries over, not %
- Character counter-picks are allowed only when a new player is entering
- Starting characters must be chosen by double blinds
- Player starting must be decided ahead of time and stays the same throughout the tourney
- No set player order after the starters
- One stage ban per team

Melee Stages
Neutral Stages: are the stages selectable by random
Yoshi’s Story
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dreamland

Banned Stages: cannot counterpick stage with
Hyrule Temple
Venom
Fourside
Great Bay
Yoshi’s Island
Brinstar Depths
Onett, Flatzone
Icicle Mountain
Big Blue
Mushroom Kingdom I
Mushroom Kingdom II
Dumb Stages: The above banned stages may be played if both teams agree.

(All other stages are playable by counterpick)

Brawl Stages
Neutral Stages: are the stages selectable by random
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Smashville

Counterpick Stages: playable by counterpick
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Battleship Halberd
Corneria
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise
Pokémon Stadium(Melee)
Lylat Cruise

(All other stages are banned unless both parties agree)

There is a google link on this page http://xzoneelounge.ca/about/
Just stay on Harvey, which is the main road that goes all the way through the Okanagan known as Highway 97, then turn AWAY from Wall Mart once you reach Banks Road and it’s in the lot on the left.

From Vernon/Lakeview
Follow Highway 97 (which is the only road that comes from Vernon) and eventually you’ll cross Highway 33 and Highway 97 we change into Harvey. (It’s the same road) Keep going down Harvey, turn left on Banks Road (there’s a Wall Mart on the right, when you see it, the next street is Banks, where you turn) Xzone will be in the lot on the left once you’re on Banks. Second entrance from the far right of that building. (you’ll see the sign)

From Peachland/Westbank
Go across the bridge and stay on that road. That road is Harvey and eventually you’ll pass Orchard Park Mall. Turn right on Banks Road which is slightly past the mall and on your left will be a parking lot. The second entrance from the far right is Xzone (you’ll see the sign)

From Greyhound Station
The station is on Leckie. Walk to the end of the street and turn left at the lights which would be on Harvey(Highway 97). Walk to the next set of lights which would be Banks Road and turn right to cross the Highway. Xzone will be in the lot across the street and is the second last entrance in the lot on the right. (you'll see the sign)

Updates

Player Confirmation
(Note: * means unconfirmed)

Kelowna Players
~The Jacer~ (+ his bro)
Inuyfreak
Westson
* Baker
* Rod

Mission Crew
Jumblez (Dyna's bro)
Hotztuph
JoE-Riot
Vic
TMDub
* GrayHam
* JPReptiles

Rutland Crew
Zyfe
Dave
Saki

Guitar Heroes Crew
* C-dawg (Dynas bro)
* A-dawg
* Reider
* JustIN

Surrounding Area

Summerland
Daltsy

Penticton
Lib3r4t3

Keremeos? (I don't know what it's called, I always get it wrong, Daltsy would know lol
Red Line

Vernon Crews
apocalypse_1st (+ 2 others)
Cproce (+ 2 others)
jugfingers (+ others)
ArtZero

Armstrong Crew
Iron Pheonix
O HAi
MDZ
Zair

Salmon Arm
Nitros14

Out Of Area

Kamloops Crew
Trozz
V
Jeff
Balls

Vancouver
Clouderz

All Is Brawl USA Confirmed
Chip
J666
Deva
Aeramis

7 so far have confirmed through Xzone

And of course...
THE BEST RANDOM EVAH!
Dynamism

So a Grand Total of 47 players confirmed so far NOT INCLUDING USA players or the unconfirmed players who are marked with a "*"

Set Up Confirmation

TVs
lots (# still deciding 7-11) provided by Xzone

Set ups:
(Note: Depending how many tvs we get, we may need more or we may not need all of these. I'll keep you posted. Final details coming Tuesday.)

Wii+Brawl+Melee

Dynamism = Wii+Brawl/Melee
Hotztuph = Wii+Brawl (I have your melee lol)
Inuyfreak = Wii+Brawl/Melee
MDZ = Wii+Brawl
Lib3r4t3 = GC+Melee
Daltsy = Wii+Brawl/Melee
JoE-Riot = Wii+Brawl/Melee

64+ssb+controllers

apocalypse_1st = 3X64+3Xssb+Controllers

Info
For further information or questions, contact:

James (Dynamism? SWF)
@ (250) 860-5549
inkyjr@hotmail.com

http://xzoneelounge.ca/
http://www.allisbrawl.com/profile.aspx?id=646

Rampage

vx
TEN TVS?! SHHIIITTTT

Yo, I'm not exactly sure how far Kelowna is from coquitlam so I'm going to assume the ride there is a loong time (Can I get there by bus?) anyway If it is really far...housing? lol

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Xzone does have a hotel across the street and they have housed 15 CS teams before so it shouldn't be a problem. But that shouldn't be needed.

Take a Greyhound, they usually have a few leave from 8am-9am because that's when most people need them and it's 4/5 hours to Kelowna from Vancouver so probably similar for Coquitlam. Or you can take the 6am bus if you want to make melee with some friendly time before hand. Early morning though. The Greyhound station is actually only about 3 blocks from Xzone too lol.

From the Greyhound, follow Leckie (the road the station is on) to Harvey (the main road). Turn left, the next street is Banks, Zzone is on the other side of the street on that block. Convient I must say. Never thought of that hm... Probably a 5 minute walk at MOST.

But since I know you, you could just come up the night before and I could find someone to house you if not myself. lol Just take the bus there and back. No big deal. Book the bus tickets ahead of time though. You can get a round trip for 60$ if you book it 2 weeks in advance. (I learned the hard way and waited to the last second, over 200$ for 2 people round trip, ew lol) Also, if you're a student you get a discount too.

Good to hear Trozz, I look forward to playing you next weekend too :p

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Well I'm interested! Hopefully a good amount of people show up! :)

Also may I suggest for the title you put Kelowna BC, Canada so more people will understand where the tournament is and if it's within their hometown then more people will come as well.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
No banning Snake, I might Random to him ;)
And I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a huge turn out. I was hosting small things at my house but I had too many people show up to fit in my basement and was just gonna see about a bigger room with these guys. Then they told me that they've been meaning to have a smash tourney because they've had about 40 email requests for one but didn't know how to run it. That's where I came in and helped them out. About 20 requests from people to me too lol

And I changed the title, good idea Eric.

Edit: added the FFA event >;^]

Inuyfreak

Smash Rookie
Just wondering, if doors open at 9 and it starts at 11 what will we do in between that time O_o also can i just show up for the brawl singles and not the other events? And what times are all of these things? thanks

unityole

Smash Lord
Just wondering, if doors open at 9 and it starts at 11 what will we do in between that time O_o also can i just show up for the brawl singles and not the other events? And what times are all of these things? thanks
between 9 - 11am equals signup time/ friendlies time? warm up time? restroom time? breakfast time? anything you can think of.. do whatever you want i guess?

also, how come theres no SSB64? ugghhh

make a ssb64 tournament!!!!

Inuyfreak

Smash Rookie
I have a 64 and smash bros for it so if thats the reason then i'd be glad to lend it...

Trozz

Smash Ace
Brawl FFA with items on very high... hahahah. I'm in.
Does the cafe have pizza? We might order some in.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Not sure if it has Pizza, I'll ask. There's a lot of places to eat around there though (Subway, Subcity Donair, Catctus Club if you want lol)

And the only reason I had no 64 tourney was cause I had no 64s. If I can get 2 (you 2) then I'll for sure set that up. Shouldn't be too hard, maybe FFA items very high in that so I stand a chance too. ;]

Alphicans

Smash Hero
between 9 - 11am equals signup time/ friendlies time? warm up time? restroom time? breakfast time? anything you can think of.. do whatever you want i guess?

also, how come theres no SSB64? ugghhh

make a ssb64 tournament!!!!
LOL stop spamming people's threads about having ssb64 tournies -_-.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
CONFIRMED! I WILL FIND THE TIME!

Totally awesome for doing this, James.

Also, put me as a backup GC/Melee setup.

Any word about Tim coming?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
lol it's alright that that Jack loves 64. 64 needs more <3 and I would've had it in the first place had I access to 64 in the first place. But yeah seriously Jack, 64 is old, out with the old, in with the new ;) jk omg haha Smash rules, ALL of them :D

Tim is Dalty, and I'll do my best. It's larger than any tourney I've hosted and it's with a gaming center which is good and bad but I think more good because these guys know their stuff or know how stuff works so it's easy for them to understand how smash works tourney wise.

save the enviroment, carpool with a limosine. (spelt wrong I think)

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I can make this if anyone decent is invited : ).

Salmon Arm isn't too far a drive.
Anyone decent refering to you? Than of course. Anyone decent refering to Blunted_Object? Than of course. Either way, so far it's looking like it'll be too much too good.

Hope you come to this, it's the 1st big one in the valley really. Def want you to be there.

Edit:
- Updated the FOOD part. Yes pizza, there you go I guess.
- ssb64 tourneys are now a main event.

unityole

Smash Lord
Woot, food.
Hopefully people bring good n64 controllers to this (I hate loose ones).
no worries on that i guess, i ve got some new 64 that is not loose.
almost as good or better as the game cube controler :)

canadian*sniper: carpool ftw? i'll split gas with ya, i hate to bus but if bus is the only choice then i'll have to go by bus :(

Inuyfreak

Smash Rookie
I cant bring my 64 anymore, it turns out i left it at my dads and he lives like 3 hours away

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
welly well well

Another interesting find. One of my bands went ahead and booked a gig on AUGUST 16th before I could say anything. Luckily it's a PluNPlay so I don't have to bring anything and it's from 7:45 to 9 pm so at most I'll just miss low tier/ffa/crew or something. Doubt I'll miss more than 1 event though. And after the show, everyone can head back towards the bridge on Harvey and turn left on the final turn before the bridge and they can see me play on the outdoor stage there ;)

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Hey, Dynamism, can we do anything about the Melee counterpick list? I think there are a few there that shouldn't be there, like Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom I, and Yoshi's Island 64, to name a few of the stages that should be banned.

Trozz

Smash Ace
You might as well say Starcraft is dead. But don't ever say that. xD
I'd like to get back in to Melee, back when Falcon was viable (although half the roster isn't).

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
You might as well say Starcraft is dead. But don't ever say that. xD
I'd like to get back in to Melee, back when Falcon was viable (although half the roster isn't).
Since when is Falcon not viable in Brawl? It's so on.

I'm gonna get back into melee for these tourneys this summer. Haven't played in ages. But I'm not gonna main Random again cause there's too much to relearn and keep up with. SO I'm actually going to MAIN someone :psycho: OMG!!!

And SC was an amazing game, I wanna get it again! That was the only game other than smash that I've ever been good at lol.

unityole

Smash Lord
Since when is Falcon not viable in Brawl? It's so on.

I'm gonna get back into melee for these tourneys this summer. Haven't played in ages. But I'm not gonna main Random again cause there's too much to relearn and keep up with. SO I'm actually going to MAIN someone :psycho: OMG!!!

And SC was an amazing game, I wanna get it again! That was the only game other than smash that I've ever been good at lol.

sc 2 is coming out isnt it?
Mnemosyne :O

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I wish Random had a Random select option so it didn't Random to the same character 4 times in a row and I could chose what characters I don't want at the time.

Top Bottom