• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(MOST1) Major Okanagan Smash Tourney - Kelowna BC, August 16th - Melee/Brawl/64

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
thanks guys

Firestorm:
I got the tio loaded on a computer there. So it's going to be way eaiser. They also said they want me to load it on their main computer cause it'll be way easier for them to use that in the future. :D

Jumble

Smash Apprentice
THISS IS GONNA BE SIIIICCKKK!!!!!

DYNA'S GOIN DOWN! AND SAME WITH DALTSY, AND HOTZSTUPH AND RIOTMAKER!

JUMBLEZ FTW
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Diddy, Yoshi, Wario, Ganon, Tink, Samus, Pit, ROB, Kirby, Fox, Falco, C. Falcon, Pika, Marth, Ness, Lucas. G&W, Sonic FTW!
and maybe some other characters if i feel like playing them XD

wub wub wub wub wub

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
thanks guys

Firestorm:
I got the tio loaded on a computer there. So it's going to be way eaiser. They also said they want me to load it on their main computer cause it'll be way easier for them to use that in the future. :D
Awesome. For some reason I thought this was today and came here for results =P

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
lol Jeff still hitch hiking?

Sure thing Trozz, glad I don't have to play V again. That hurt my skillz for the next round. No offense lol

Results some other time Firestorm. haha I saw Clouderz today, me Daltsy and Lib were loading tvs and he walked up. Little punk's going down! That's right davy! It's on!

Jum you jew lol

whoa, Joe gots an account?! o.O

Thanks A_1st, looking forward to a challenge in the good ol 64 :D

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
GGs all. That was interesting and fun. Def do it again, but make Brawl more priority and big things first.

Brackets up soon, gotta figure out how things work on the thing first. Firestorm, may need your help

And thread in results will be up too :D

ArtZero

Smash Rookie
I had a lot of fun too. My first tournament, and I got pwned pretty hard lol. But we all gotta start somewhere eh? :)

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
GGs indeed. I'll find a way around your Luigi sometime, James.

Yeah, Art. You didn't do so bad. How'd you do in Brawl anyhow? I didn't see you for that part of the event.

However, James, I couldn't find the Zelgadis vs Anther set... like, at all. Help?

ArtZero

Smash Rookie
I had hoped I'd do better in Brawl because I play it more than Melee, but going up against Dynamism first match kinda sucked for me lol. I played someone named Matt next in the losing bracket, and it was a slightly better match, but I still lost.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
lol Ally, he's good as you would know but it's not too bad. He was the first real competition I've had in over a month, since the last time I played him really haha. Took a while to get my game back to that level but I managed to beat him and get some really close matches in our mm afterwards. With a lil practice, lil Clouderz wont be too tough, I've been there before. A couple rounds with him and I'll be on par with him again.

That's right Clouderz, Luigi isn't finished with you yet. That 1 stock match we had 1.5 months ago was dead even at 128% when Jack started yelling at me, and when I start playing again, Luigi's gonna win that match. The match in the semis here didn't count, I was hosting it >_>
;P

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Agreed and agreed. It was a first so I know better now. Having trouble with the bracket thingy. It says it's invalid and wont load :[
I'll figure it out soon enough though.

unityole

Smash Lord
gg's, kinda gay how you put melee first, not much competition for me ;______;
the time schedule is already made up, dont call it gay after a tourney is over, thats just stupid. if u dont like it u didnt have to go, cheers

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
how does that have anything to do with jealousy? lol
That's simply universally a rude thing to say, but Clouderz is still a kid and is still learning. If you don't see that then I'm going to assume you're still a kid or you're an idiot >_>

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Ok so apparently I have to reload the tio thing. It's coming though don't worry.

And reading that again ArmS, that comment you made is totally irrelevant and foolish...
Jealous of him coming to this tourney? Maybe, he really wanted to go but couldn't. That's why he made a smash fest in Van for the same day when he knew he couldn't go. In a way I'm jealous that his parents drive him around to things all of the time. If I had that i might play smash more than once a week. That word actually makes no sense. Did you mean something else or are you just stupid?

In reality, giving a place for a bunch of people to play smash together like MOST1 is a greater accomplishment than winning something like MOST1. Without a host, nobody could win it. This is why Jack (unityole) is one of the most respected people in the community because of how much he's done for our baby of a region and turned it into a community of top players in the nations contenders.

And if anything, shouldn't Clouderz be embarrased about how bad he did against me? I bet he plays more than ONCE A WEEK and against very good players consistantly. He lost to my Bowser and was even with my Wolf trading leads in stocks after only 10 or so matches. I DONT MAIN THESE CHARACTERS so I play them 1/39th of the time he plays Metaknight and I play smash 1/20th the time he does (devide that by 3 because it's split among all 3 games) and against players that aren't nearly as good as Ally (above) or Anther etc. And I consistenly do well in all 3 smash games.

How do I even keep up with him when he's possibly a top 2-5 player in Canada? After 100 matches, against my MAIN RAANDOOOM, I doubt he will ever win a match against me again. This is mainly because of his youth and inexperience in competitive smash and his still developing senses. When he's older, he will not only know the game more and be more respectful as he plays, but he will be more aware of the game play itself. That's why he wont be a top player worldwide for a long time. He has the potential, but until then he wont excell fully. If I win and come close after only a few matches and it being my first actually competition in over a month, and I don't go to tourneys, play good players regularly online, or anything even close to competitive smash on my own time, he clearly has work to do.

Don't come into a random thread and talk down to someone who has more intelligence and respect in his toe nails than you do in your life. And even more so, don't do that and say something that makes absolutely no sense. You now have no respect from me, probably not much from the others in this thread. Especially from the people that know what Jack has done for the community in Vancouver, what I have done for the community here, and how stupid your post was.

No offence, just grow up.

Clouderz:
I agree, putting melee first was kind of bad. First time at the Xzone and the tvs lagged, so we were limited to 2.

On the results page I will explain everything that will go differently next time. Be much better, more like an SFU/TC cross over system than the way I did it at MOST. MOST2 will be way smoother :D

Bburge

Smash Rookie
I wanna say thanks a bunch James for puttin this tourney on--quite ambitious of you. Shame that Taz n I came late expecting to play right away and still had to wait 8 hours for our first match though, but that is an issue of organization, and I'm sure you'll find some shred of remedy for such...

But ur ambition and your accomodations aside, you should work a tad on humility my friend; I quote:

I doubt [Clouderz] will ever win a match against me again. This is mainly because of his youth and inexperience in competitive smash and his still developing senses

This, for me, is around the apex of the offensive mound that is your third and fourth paragraph. Honestly bro, I agree with whoever Hot arms is with his post refering to the other dudes blatant jealousy. This young cat came in and took all your money (except the money Taz and I took from you...) and he has more time to develop than any of the rest of you, which makes him a bit of a prodigy in all honesty. So I suppose I would be pretty pissed off as well, but I hope to hell that I would at least have enough sense and integrity to take my loss humbly, and more importantly, to act with the same respect on an internet forum as I had in person two days ago...when I lost...to a 12 year old.

And props to the little guy! He was the nicest and happiest guy I met that day (although you were a close second James, which is why your post disappointed me so much). I hope he continues to slay, and I hope the poor guy hasn't been too hurt by what has been posted on this forum thus far. Seriously dudes, regardless of how much this kid kills at a video game and despite the resentment that this may foster, nothing gives you the right to bully someone so much younger than you online. If you don't have the class to support him, at least have the balls to be a ******** in person.

Keep keep killin' it son

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Yayuhz! I think I got my Samus back on par, too, so maybe next time Inuy/Cake won't **** me in Samus dittos. By the way, we gotta get together sometime before you head to Victoria and do some rapage.

Bburge

Smash Rookie
We got there at 12:15
We started playing at 7:30 (I checked my celly calls)
=not 8 hours, but close enough

I played N64 friendly games all day except when I was smashed out, and then I borrowed a controller from Cloud to play a couple friendly brawl games. I didn't play a bunch because I don't really enjoy brawl--thats just me. I know N64 games are probably not a priority in a tourney, but that does not mean my friend and I should wait over 7 hours for people to play friendly games while we wait to do what we came there to do. Maybe the friendly games went on for too long, im not too sure, but I assure you that my friend and I waited until 7:30 (out at 9...not 5), regardless of whatever math you crunch. I don't know why it took so long, that is not my issue, but I made the comment to whom it is an issue, which is not you.

My other comments stand.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
lol holly crap posts hahaha

Ok to clear some things up.

1st:
Bburge is Brett (I believe, right?) and didn't play Brawl, he was there for 64. But I moved 64 after Brawl because so many people wanted Brawl. So it was indirectly my fault that he had to wait that long because I moved the event. Thanks for accepting that Brett, you sacrificed your time for the many brawlers to play, appreciated.

And my apologies for that and the others, had I known that was going to be the case I would've put melee last with the limit of tvs and run Brawl and 64 at the same time. In heinsight that would've been ideal. But yes, this was a first and I know how to fix this for future events. Sorry to all of those that had to leave and missed events or had to wait a long time. Thanks to those of you who stuck around after all of that and the patient people that just went with it.

2nd:

Bburge, jealousy is not a factor, Jack (Unityole, the guy who posted about that) wasn't even at the event. He was in Vancouver and he doesn't even play Brawl. He's the really good 64 player. One of the coolest people around and a great host. I can only hope that I can eventually host as well as him. So jealousy is in fact the wrong word.

However, I would like to take back what I said to Hot Arms (only some of it). I respect you Hot, I was just annoyed that you were almost picking at Jack, that's just mean but I overreacted (as you can tell lol). I didn't mean anything bad. What Clouderz said was rude and Jack (and anybody for that matter) was right in speaking up.
But no harm done, words are just words right?

3rd:

I stand by what I say about the 100 matches thing. Honestly, I'm not attacking or anything, that's just the way things work in all aspects of life. Sorry if I did offend you clouderz, you're freakin cool and I love playing you, keep it up.

Also, I said Clouderz has the potential to be a top player in the world but it will take time. All I stated in that massive paragraph (In summary) "He will keep improving and will always be very good but from the matches we had, it was evident that he has much work to do in terms of the mental aspect of the game which is simply a result of inexperience and youth (which is in fact true) and in time he will grow into this and be great, not just good. At the moment, 100 matches will be in my favor because of this, by March, the year aniversary for Brawl and his competitive smash carreer, it will most likely be in his favor"
That cleared it up I HOPE lol

Clouderz ***** me in the semis, beat me good in the finals and ggs in the mm. That's obvious (I would think) but notice the progression. That's all I wanted to note, that's a sign that work can be done and there are only 2 reasons, the one stated above and the way I adjusted to that level of play.

No big deal, and I apologize for the miscommunicating/misunderstanding.

Thanks for coming out guys.

And still no idea how the bracket thing works. Thought I had it but no =^{

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Oh, I didn't even see some of these posts cause they came up while I was writing mine lol.

K, yeah, money and winning are a big part of competitive smash but honestly, this was just supposed to be a fun thing for the large area of BC to come have some fun.

Did everyone at least have a little bit of fun? That's all I want... =[

Also, sorry again for making you wait. I suppose I'll explain what went wrong.

Melee lags of big tvs and I made both melee doubles and melee singles first. Including a round robin. We had to resort to 3 tvs and once we started I knew it was a "mistake"
Brawl singles and doubles, with almost twice as many entrants, went quicker than melee. That's how slow it was :\

Another factor was the way we did sign ups. I was originally going to have sign ups for individual events, not all at the same time. But instead we went with sign ups at the front door as you walk in, which complicated things with paper work that was originally rid of with the tio program (that I still can't figure out) and plastic baggies lol

But yes, I hope it was still ok and I promise that I will go with orginal plans with a new pattern as opposed to changing my mind on how to do it at the last second and screwing up for myself, as well as for everyone else.

If you ask me, it was fun, I met a bunch of awesome people and all of the awesome people I met before were there again and my eyes were going red from so much computer work and smash by the end of the day. So I'm happy and I hope to do it again.

And really, it can only get better >;^]

Edit: Timmypoo is posting?! wtf?! lol
jkz
but seriously, the miscommunicating and misunderstanding thing has been said alread, by me, now you.

MOST1 had a LOT of miscommunicating and misunderstanding it seemed. Even me misunderstandingcating with myself in running the thing lol

And also, thanks for the thanks guys, I appreciate it and hope to see you again at the next anything I do. Great to have you (Brett, Taz, Tim, AJ, Kaelen, Art, Armstrong guys, Trozz, Clouderz, Saki and Dave and Steve and everyone). I will do my best to do the best possible for you next time.

k? :D

Clouderz

Smash Ace
anyways, ally is like my best friend online, and so is hotarms, we talk crap a lot, its jsut us, you guys didnt need to over-react so much haha but its okay

i just went their to have fun and win some money sorry if i did anything wrong <___< oh yah and sorry if any of you got offended by my ****-talk, its basically just sarcasm ^_^

well actually hot arms is just a noob ;)

oh wait, james, just because im young means ima lose to you after 100 matches? just because im young means im inexperienced? .... means i dotn know the technical play of the game? oh my god james ;__________;, well than, in summary to your
paragraphs, im just a stupid little kid

oh yeah, and bburge your awesome =D, i wish people could just say "good games cloud your pretty good keep it up" or something similar to that so i dont have all this thrown at me lmao

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
lol yeah sorry Clouderz (again) I didn't mean anything. It's true about the developing thing though. I can tell what aspect is holding you back from being the best in the world. And it's just that. Not tech skill, or being a stupid kid (you obviously have sick tech skill and are very intelligent for a "kid") it's just at this point in time that's the only thing holding you back. And obviously it wont last forever because you're so young and pwning. :D

And of course, I use massive exageration, it's my thing while yours is smak talk sarcasm. That's where misundercating comes in.

Good games cloud you're awesome keep it up.

happy? ;P

Edit: k, this bracket thing is pissing me off so I'm going to just post results without a bracket and details etc for now. I'll do that later today though :\

Clouderz

Smash Ace
lol yeah sorry Clouderz (again) I didn't mean anything. It's true about the developing thing though. I can tell what aspect is holding you back from being the best in the world. And it's just that. Not tech skill, or being a stupid kid (you obviously have sick tech skill and are very intelligent for a "kid") it's just at this point in time that's the only thing holding you back. And obviously it wont last forever because you're so young and pwning. :D

And of course, I use massive exageration, it's my thing while yours is smak talk sarcasm. That's where misundercating comes in.

Good games cloud you're awesome keep it up.

happy? ;P

Edit: k, this bracket thing is pissing me off so I'm going to just post results without a bracket and details etc for now. I'll do that later today though :\

yah im happy now ^___^ what was the aspect of me being the best in the world? (im probably not even close cause im sure a lot of people [ m2k ] understand this game better than me :D )

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
That's exactly what the aspect is lol

Players like M2K (another MK main) are simply more experienced (they've been travelling for a long time playing smash) and have played so much over the years that they are better than you. Some started when they were your age and now are even better after so long. You're incredible for your age, but after long periods of time playing the same person, you not being as experienced as the other player is your ONLY problem from being better than M2K. It's even possible that if you played M2K right now that you 2 would be evenly trading wins, but after so many matches, he'll start winning a lot more because of this.

Hope that made a little sense. lol

But yeah, you're awesome now and in years you'll be more than amazing, but any veteran will be awesome with enough practice. Your youth is your disadvantage now, but will be your greatest advantage in the future. That's troof lol crazy how much was posted from that :p

Clouderz

Smash Ace
That's exactly what the aspect is lol

Players like M2K (another MK main) are simply more experienced (they've been travelling for a long time playing smash) and have played so much over the years that they are better than you. Some started when they were your age and now are even better after so long. You're incredible for your age, but after long periods of time playing the same person, you not being as experienced as the other player is your ONLY problem from being better than M2K. It's even possible that if you played M2K right now that you 2 would be evenly trading wins, but after so many matches, he'll start winning a lot more because of this.

Hope that made a little sense. lol

But yeah, you're awesome now and in years you'll be more than amazing, but any veteran will be awesome with enough practice. Your youth is your disadvantage now, but will be your greatest advantage in the future. That's troof lol crazy how much was posted from that :p
ohhhh....okay

Top Bottom