• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(MOST1) Major Okanagan Smash Tourney - Kelowna BC, August 16th - Melee/Brawl/64

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
lol Jack, items very high! = loss to everyone

And I'm gonna get the Brawl stage list from Alberta and Chudats tourney cause they make more sense.

MDZ

Smash Journeyman
Armstrong B.C Canada. It's in the Okanagan, so if
So I was in Kelowna today and I swung by X-Zone -- didn't talk to the dudes about this or anything, but I looked around and the place is really nice. Great for a tournament -- not to mention it was pretty well air conditioned when I got there.

Remember to tell them to crank the AC up for the tourny :p

unityole

Smash Lord
So I was in Kelowna today and I swung by X-Zone -- didn't talk to the dudes about this or anything, but I looked around and the place is really nice. Great for a tournament -- not to mention it was pretty well air conditioned when I got there.

Remember to tell them to crank the AC up for the tourny :p
wow nice, looking forward to this tourney man!
gonna be busy all weekend this week though :/

Clouderz

Smash Ace
put me as a maybe :D but what time would i have to be their cause ill probably come just for the Brawl doubles and Singles, if dieslow wants to be my doubles partner *wink wink*, no splitting the pot this time, tony :D, roughly, how many people will be attending this? o_O

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Is there any way we can ban more Melee stages, like, at LEAST Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom I, and Yoshi's Island 64?
WOW, um...
I didn't even notice lol
I'll fix that along with getting a better stage list for Brawl sometime soon, when I'm not falling asleep while reading this. lol

put me as a maybe :D but what time would i have to be their cause ill probably come just for the Brawl doubles and Singles, if dieslow wants to be my doubles partner *wink wink*, no splitting the pot this time, tony :D, roughly, how many people will be attending this? o_O
Well this whole thing started because I've been hosting little fests at my house with like 6 - 10 people but after a while I had over 20 people say they'd come to my next one and that's too much to fit in my basement lol. So I looked for a bigger place and knew this place was sweet so I asked about renting it out for a tourney. Turns out they've had over 40 requests for a smash tourney but simply didn't know how to run one. So they just decided to bring me in to set things up.

My guess is that if those 40 still want one and the 20 or so local(ish) people that were gonna come to mine all show up and THEN some... Anywhere from 20 - 80 is my best guess lol. Probably 50 or so, at least that's what I'd prefer cause too little wouldn't be as fun and too many is too much.

MDZ - Did you see that room with the 3 plasma screnes hooked up to rock band and wii and stuff? That's our room for the tourney, 7 of those moniters in there will be hooked up too. Probably the best part is the leather couches though lol

Clouderz

Smash Ace
WOW, um...
I didn't even notice lol
I'll fix that along with getting a better stage list for Brawl sometime soon, when I'm not falling asleep while reading this. lol

Well this whole thing started because I've been hosting little fests at my house with like 6 - 10 people but after a while I had over 20 people say they'd come to my next one and that's too much to fit in my basement lol. So I looked for a bigger place and knew this place was sweet so I asked about renting it out for a tourney. Turns out they've had over 40 requests for a smash tourney but simply didn't know how to run one. So they just decided to bring me in to set things up.

My guess is that if those 40 still want one and the 20 or so local(ish) people that were gonna come to mine all show up and THEN some... Anywhere from 20 - 80 is my best guess lol. Probably 50 or so, at least that's what I'd prefer cause too little wouldn't be as fun and too many is too much.

MDZ - Did you see that room with the 3 plasma screnes hooked up to rock band and wii and stuff? That's our room for the tourney, 7 of those moniters in there will be hooked up too. Probably the best part is the leather couches though lol

well if i wanna be their for brawl doubles and singles, since melee is happening first, if i read correctly, what time would you want me to be their <_<

unityole

Smash Lord
clouderz: brawl doubles prob start noonish, so an hr after melee doubles start.

james: i still think its bad to have melee doubles going on the sametime as brawl singles. this will have a lot of conflict between matches despite you guys having 10 TVs.

SC or CS there too? xD j/k

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
dave: 12 would be a good time to show up, just incase it's fast.

jack: melee doubles>melee singles>brawl doubles>brawl singles...when does this thing happen you're talking about? lol

I'd love some SC but that's a whole new story HA :p

Edit: Updating the first page slowly

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I want to go for melee, but those days I can't go for sure
I don't get it...so you can't make it to anything but you'd like to? Couldn't you say that for almost any tourney ever? lol

Clouderz, come for Melee anyhow. Melee is totally tons of fun.
Agreed

And you know that $10 mm you wanted and we only had a 1 stock match? Bring a 5 and we'll do it this time instead ;]

Just spoke with Jeff and he'll have the tourney on his website soon too. And come for friendlies before and after too everyone!

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
We have this venue as late as we want so friendlies until 9am Sunday morning are possible lol. If we stay really late like passed midnight then we might have to pay another $1 each to keep it that long for those who want to stay that late.

Also, it might be possible to stay at the Xzone the night before. It's a huge place but I'm still looking into that. And there are other forms of housing I'm looking into too. For those who are coming Friday night to be there early for Saturday friendlies etc cause the greyhounds from the Van area wont actually arrive in time for melee doubles. If you need housing let me know so I can work stuff out.

I'll actually be leaving around 7pm and coming back around 9pm so Jack and Brown Town might take over for a while but I might just want to hold the events if it's something I want in on. I doubt we'll run that late though. I think we could get through almost everything by then. 10 setups, efficient brackets and lots of help. :D

Rampage

vx
I'll try my best to get there mang...I'LL REALLY TRY!!!

also, if I do end up going, since we totally rocked melee doubles (lol) LETS TEAM FOR BARLW?!

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
YOU BETTER MAKE IT!!!! lol

And I'm going to doubles with Daltsy, because he's mah #1! But if for some reason that doesn't work or we just decide to team with different people, then you're next. But Timmy has priority and is on my teamy first for Brawl AND Melee, no exceptions unless we make some. :p

Edit: EVERYONE join the tourney attendance on AiB too k? :D
http://www.allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=1444

Trozz

Smash Ace
I might pick J.Japes to counter ANGER! But then again, maybe not. I did horrrrrible on that stage last tourney.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Who wants to double with me? I'm a lot better than I was at the June 7th tournament now.
You need someone for melee and Brawl right? There will be a "needs partener for doubles" sheet thing here but there are a few people needing parteners asking around right now. You have a month to find one I guess lol

Yes Kelowna!!!!
Going To Be Amazingg!!!! Woooo
OH NOES! It's Jumblez!

I might pick J.Japes to counter ANGER! But then again, maybe not. I did horrrrrible on that stage last tourney.
OMG if you do I'll be soooo ANGRY! Seriously though, you did way better than me that match lol

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Housing is settled. If you need housing for Friday night or Saturday night, me and Daltsy got this covered. Let me know ahead of time and I'll hook you up!

Trozz

Smash Ace
I just noticed how massive the Kelowna roster is. Awesome.

Still need extra setups? I might bring Wii+Brawl if there'll be some spare TVs.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Yeah we have a good number of players here. More I'm sure, I don't know everyone here yet. I want to >:]

From Peachland > that's like Summerland and Penticton blah blah and Lakeview > is Vernon and Armstrong blah blah lol

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
This just in!

I was just talking to Rob at the Xzone and they're having trouble with connecting the wiis to the monitors. And the monitors are just small soooo... They have the Brick sponsoring them and are getting a bunch of free TVs. 46" and 50" ers along with the 52"ers they have already.

Might need to get some setups supplied from you guys though cause they probably wont have everything unlocked on all of them.

Also, they have PIZZA (Jack) $9 for any large Pizza from Panago. They get discounts of stuffs :p

And another important note, Housing provided by Holiday Inn across the street :D

Trozz

Smash Ace
I can bring Wii/Brawl.
So, there'll be a surplus of TVs but only a few of them can have stuff connected to them?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
If need be, I MAY MAY MAY bring my TV. Only under necessary circumstances, though.
They'll have tvs, they're getting free ones from the brick.

I can bring Wii/Brawl.
So, there'll be a surplus of TVs but only a few of them can have stuff connected to them?
No, lots of tvs work. Did I word something wrong? lol

=O pizzzzzaaa!!! im in.

also, everyone go join 64? gogo?
64! gogo!

I'll see if they have SC on their computers too, just because that would be sweet ;P

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
I probably just read wrong. My bad.

Edit: Please check if they have SC. I'd like to watch you guys play more so I can see what I can do to improve.

unityole

Smash Lord
whos down for 64 anything dittos? or any 64 mm?

well im down for pizza thats for sure.

Top Bottom