• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

More Alt costumes than Wario, *spoilers* Also complete AT, Trophy, and Sticker list.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Jill wasnt, apparently she is called Kururi in Japan, who is on that list...

But really, Pokemon and ATs cut from the final product? Oh boy, it looks like we are going to have to ask people do do some detective work to see if this list is fake...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Wait wait wait....

Jill, Duster, Rosalina, and Sothe got cut from the final game????

Why on earth did they do that????
Jill didn't. However, Sothe, Duster, Rosalina, and the generic Pegasus Knights did. There may have been some other ones that I may have forgotten that may also have been cut.

True Fool

Smash Ace
I can't imagine a good reason to cut any of those ATs. Ditto's cut from Melee at least made sense, it couldn't copy ICs.

Oh, and don't get your hopes up on those costumes. The fact that their file size is so small by comparison likely means that they were just a means to mark them as possible characters. Most of them were likely planned clones that may have been scrapped for any reason, most likely time.

If someone with an AR can get a glimpse at even a single model, I'd be very surprised.

But I'm not saying that I know anything for sure. That size could be all they need for a skin swap for all I know. But I certainly wouldn't count on it.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I can't imagine a good reason to cut any of those ATs. Ditto's cut from Melee at least made sense, it couldn't copy ICs.

Oh, and don't get your hopes up on those costumes. The fact that their file size is so small by comparison likely means that they were just a means to mark them as possible characters. Most of them were likely planned clones that may have been scrapped for any reason, most likely time.

If someone with an AR can get a glimpse at even a single model, I'd be very surprised.

But I'm not saying that I know anything for sure. That size could be all they need for a skin swap for all I know. But I certainly wouldn't count on it.
Giga Bowser and Wario-Man have the same file size, and that are pretty much skin swaps. Mr. Game & Watch also has the same number, though it is probably different for him since he is 2-D.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Jill wasnt, apparently she is called Kururi in Japan, who is on that list...

But really, Pokemon and ATs cut from the final product? Oh boy, it looks like we are going to have to ask people do do some detective work to see if this list is fake...
What about the others?? why did they cut them??
I don't see any good reason to cut any AT...

Chepe

Smash Lord
I also heard that some Pokemon we heard about from Jumpfesta arent on the list either. I went through the list and wasnt sure about these Japanese names:

Achamo
Gokulin (Gulpin?)
Hitodeman
Marumine
Tosakinto (Goldeen?)

Anyone who recognizes their names please do tell. And from these I do notice a blatant lack of Regigigas and Onix...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
What about the others?? why did they cut them??
I don't see any good reason to cut any AT...
Apparently, also Shaymin (the cute little hedgehog Pokemon who was reported at Whobby) also has been cut. What exactly happened during the last month of development?

True Fool

Smash Ace
Giga Bowser and Wario-Man have the same file size, and that are pretty much skin swaps. Mr. Game & Watch also has the same number, though it is probably different for him since he is 2-D.
Oh, I didn't see Gkoops or Wario-Man in the list.

E P I C

Smash Journeyman
Wait, Pikachu's alt costume aer those Plus and Minus Pikachu lookin things? Wow, that is rather epic, can you get me a picture please, if possible.

:034:

Smash Hero
So either this is fake or tons of stuff has been cut.

\effect\fighter\ef_sheik.pac, size:128 off:2AD1B920

Something tells me this is fake.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
So either this is fake or tons of stuff has been cut.

\effect\fighter\ef_sheik.pac, size:128 off:2AD1B920

Something tells me this is fake.
I think this may be explained by Zelda's extremely large data file, meaning that most of Sheik's data is actually in the Zelda file.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Theres quite a bit of discrepancies in characters like that, and curiously all of those characters have 128 as their size. Not enough to confirm it as a fake, and its probably not something a faker would do...

An explanation could be that all of Sheik's moves are in Zelda's files and Sheik is just a model to cover those moves, something like that...

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Who the hell would fake this?! It's gotta be legit.

And this is ridiculous if they seriously cut all that content from the game. There were many, many observations of these ATs and Pokemon in-game. What happened?

EDIT:

Achamo=TORCHIC
Gokulin=GULPIN
Hitodeman=STARYU
Marumine=ELECTRODE
Tosakinto=GOLDEEN

Chepe

Smash Lord
Who the hell would fake this?! It's gotta be legit.

And this is ridiculous if they seriously cut all that content from the game. There were many, many observations of these ATs and Pokemon in-game. What happened?

EDIT:

Achamo=TORCHIC
Gokulin=GULPIN
Hitodeman=STARYU
Marumine=ELECTRODE
Tosakinto=GOLDEEN
That is, what we will hopefully find out in the coming days. That is, if no one does ever see them. It would raise a lot of questions too. Perhaps Brawl WAS rushed and they had to cut a few things. Or is there a chance that people lied about those ATs/Pokemon? (not likely)

And thanks for those Pokemon identifications. Sigh, I have seen ALL of those in videos, and not Regigigas, Onix, or Shaymin anywhere. Quite unnerving...

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
While I'm at it...

Ridley (Assist) -- NOBODY HAS UNLOCKED YET
Barbara Bat from Daigassou! Band Brothers -- plays music
Ray 01 from Custome Robo -- tiny, flies around and fires arsenal
Grey Fox from Metal Gear -- slashes players
Devil from Devil World -- shifts stage
Excitebikers from Excitebike -- run across stage en masse
Samurai Goroh from F-ZERO -- slashes players
Heririn from Kuru Kuru Kururin -- UNKNOWN
Hammer Brother from Mario -- tosses hammers
Jeff from Earthbound -- sets off toy rockets
Knuckle Joe from Kirby -- punches and kicks players
Lakitu from Mario -- throws Spinies
Kat and Ana from Wario Ware -- slash across screen in "X"
Jill from Drill Dozer -- drills across platforms
Lyn from Fire Emblem -- slashes players
Little Mac from Punch-Out!! -- punches and uppercuts players
Metroid from... Metroid? :p -- latches on to players
Labrador from Nintendogs -- blocks screen
Mr. Resetti from Animal Crossing -- drones
Isaac from Golden Sun -- pushes players with psychic hand
Saki from Sin and Punishment -- shoots and slashes players
Shadow from Sonic -- slows down time
Stafy from Legend of Stafy -- tackles players
Infantry/Tanks from Advance Wars -- shoot at players
Tingle from Zelda -- summons a wealth of items
Waluigi from Mario -- stomps and kicks players
Dr. Wright from Sim City -- grows buildings that toss players

That... That just saddens me. There's some cool ones in there, but a lot of ones I'd expect are totally ignored. That is such a small amount.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Yeah, 27 is a lot less than I expected. We would have had 31 with Sothe, Duster, Rosalina, and Pegasus Knight, and perhaps even more...

It doesnt add up at all, and yet I havent seen any of the ones not on the list in any video... sigh. I seriously want some sort of interview with Sakurai where he goes into detail on what had to be left out...

\toy\fig\Snakenaked.brres, size:994176 off:B52035DC

D:
It doesnt mean that dude haha! It is just his codename, Naked Snake, from MGS3...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Yeah, 27 is a lot less than I expected. We would have had 31 with Sothe, Duster, Rosalina, and Pegasus Knight, and perhaps even more...

It doesnt add up at all, and yet I havent seen any of the ones not on the list in any video... sigh. I seriously want some sort of interview with Sakurai where he goes into detail on what had to be left out...
What did Sakurai do with the delay time? It certainly wasn't to balance the game (Fox and Marth look to be as broken as ever, in the case of Marth even more broken). I am guessing it was to add another half dozen music tracks, and axed some Assists and Pokemon because he got drunk in front of the computer and accidentally deleted them. :ohwell:

Chepe

Smash Lord
What did Sakurai do with the delay time? It certainly wasn't to balance the game (Fox and Marth look to be as broken as ever, in the case of Marth even more broken). I am guessing it was to add another half dozen music tracks, and axed some Assists and Pokemon because he got drunk in front of the computer and accidentally deleted them. :ohwell:
:(

Were they running out of space perhaps? I hear the dual-layered discs require a firmware update for the Wii to be able to read them... maybe they ran into some problems that required them to cut some content...

I wonder what stuff we didnt know about was there that got sacked...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
:(

Were they running out of space perhaps? I hear the dual-layered discs require a firmware update for the Wii to be able to read them... maybe they ran into some problems that required them to cut some content...

I wonder what stuff we didnt know about was there that got sacked...
Then he should have cut some of the music tracks then, there is only like 300 of them, whereas there are less than 30 Assist Trophies and less than 30 Pokemon. I think Sakurai lost control of his project by getting too wrapped up in the SSE.

Chepe

Smash Lord
I dont have a choice but to agree. I also think thats why characters didnt all get their own Final Smashes. And some character inclusions must have been affected too like you once said...

Dang, that "Sakurai focuses on one thing: neglects another" thread really comes to mind now. He shouldnt have tried to force so much...

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace

It doesnt mean that dude haha! It is just his codename, Naked Snake, from MGS3...
I know that :p But I mean, it's placed differently, it'd make one think: "Hmmm..."

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
Playing as Dixie would be amazing!

I only hope it's true. But as someone else has said "No pictures = No proof"
However, this could never be possible. I think it's just stuff they deleted overtime. It's seriously bothering that "WarioClassic" or something isn't on that list, wich defeats the purpose of calling these names alternate costumes.

Stalky

Smash Cadet
However, this could never be possible. I think it's just stuff they deleted overtime. It's seriously bothering that "WarioClassic" or something isn't on that list, wich defeats the purpose of calling these names alternate costumes.
Exactly my thoughts. If Wario's alternate costume doesn't appear on this list, the other 'characters' are definitely not costumes.

****. I almost believed it for a second...

susu_atari

Smash Ace
There's no Classic Wario in that list, so they can't be alternate costumes.

Unfinished characters that didn't make the final cut.

firebird34

Smash Apprentice
Three things. One: I think they cut shaymin because America is not supposed to know about her yet(She's going to be released in a movie.) Two: about the whole toon Zelda/sheik thing i can't 100% believe it but the reason the file is the same size as giga bowser the space used could probably be size change. Three: Wario may not be the only character with alternate costumes just because Sakurai said "Wario's special all by himself" He also said "Up until now" Sakurai's Mind is so twisted don't try to decipher it. Sorry For rambling.:p

painseeker

Smash Cadet
Does that mean midna would never be available as a PC even if nintendo put in downloadable Characters:(

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Lol@ grasping at straws! No, these were intended characters that were cut. How much sense would Plusle and Minun make for Pikachu huh? Toon Zelda can not be Zelda because Toon Link would be Link.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Then he should have cut some of the music tracks then, there is only like 300 of them, whereas there are less than 30 Assist Trophies and less than 30 Pokemon. I think Sakurai lost control of his project by getting too wrapped up in the SSE.
Exactly! This is why I have been constantly complaining! The SSE will be decent at best, and will only last us hardcores for a bit. The multiplayer that would have lasted for years is less robust because Sakurai shifted focus onto the single player.

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
To all those saying Wario Classic isn't on the list so they can't be Alt costumes.

My theory is that the alt Wario Costume is inside the Wario file because you don't have to unlock him, but these you'd have to unlock somehow and are probably separated so they could use the same event code selector used on the FS transformations for when you unlock them.

Heflito

Smash Cadet
If there were going to be unlockable costumes, Sakurai would've made a big deal of it to raise hype, or at least hinted at it.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Again, if there are alt. costums, why the Fusion suit is just a color swap? eh?

Same with Link's blue and Dark color.

Top Bottom