• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

More Alt costumes than Wario, *spoilers* Also complete AT, Trophy, and Sticker list.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
\effect\assist\ef_ast_ridley.pac, size:128 off:2A13D400
\effect\assist\ef_barbara.pac, size:81600 off:2A13D480
\effect\assist\ef_customrobo.pac, size:53728 off:2A151340
\effect\assist\ef_cyborg.pac, size:30944 off:2A15E520
\effect\assist\ef_devil.pac, size:11520 off:2A165E00
\effect\assist\ef_excitebike.pac, size:7008 off:2A168B00
\effect\assist\ef_goroh.pac, size:128 off:2A16A660
\effect\assist\ef_heririn.pac, size:128 off:2A16A6E0
\effect\assist\ef_hmbros.pac, size:9824 off:2A16A760
\effect\assist\ef_jeff.pac, size:18336 off:2A16CDC0
\effect\assist\ef_joe.pac, size:51456 off:2A171560
\effect\assist\ef_jugem.pac, size:128 off:2A17DE60
\effect\assist\ef_katana.pac, size:8096 off:2A17DEE0
\effect\assist\ef_kururi.pac, size:77600 off:2A17FE80
\effect\assist\ef_lin.pac, size:39520 off:2A192DA0
\effect\assist\ef_littlemac.pac, size:17568 off:2A19C800
\effect\assist\ef_metroid.pac, size:66528 off:2A1A0CA0
\effect\assist\ef_nintendogs.pac, size:22112 off:2A1B1080
\effect\assist\ef_resetsan.pac, size:90848 off:2A1B66E0
\effect\assist\ef_robin.pac, size:18048 off:2A1CC9C0
\effect\assist\ef_saki.pac, size:65504 off:2A1D1040
\effect\assist\ef_shadow.pac, size:67840 off:2A1E1020
\effect\assist\ef_stafy.pac, size:53632 off:2A1F1920
\effect\assist\ef_tank.pac, size:23648 off:2A1FEAA0
\effect\assist\ef_tingle.pac, size:133216 off:2A204700
\effect\assist\ef_waluigi.pac, size:6944 off:2A224F60
\effect\assist\ef_wright.pac, size:17632 off:2A226A80
Who is jugem, katana, kururi, heririn, and barbara?

And Ridley is an AT? I thought he was a boss?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Who is jugem, katana, kururi, heririn, and barbara?

And Ridley is an AT? I thought he was a boss?
Jugem = Lakitu
Katana = Kat & Ana
Heririn = Heririn (there's a trophy of it in Melee)
Kururi = Jill from Drill Dozer
Barbara = Barbara the Bat from Jam with the Band

Also, Ridley is definitely a boss, however, he might also be an Assist Trophy if the debug menu is anything to go by.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
No, the roster has been confirmed already. 35 chars is it. Sorry.
To be fair, there is the possibility that Mewtwo might still exist as a costume change for Lucario. If the Brawl roster leak has taught me anything, it is to keep an open mind.

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
Everything makes sence, except for Mewtwo-Lucario.

Everybody else is pretty much the same character, but Mewtwo and Lucario are completely different and they couldn't have the same moveset.

Anyways good find.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I'm certain there will be no downloadable PCs anyway...

I can't believe people are still hoping for things like that after the 35 roster. This is Nintendo we're talking about.

War Raichu

Smash Apprentice
Plusle and Minun would be a total rip off. I'd rather be stuck with Pichu as Pika's alt.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
The more chars the better, thats why i find it funny when people say they're "completely satisfied" with the roster, everyone wants more more more for there money, i would have given my grandma for al gore in brawl, alas it wasn't to be.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Someone needs to get an Action Replay running, and hack the Forbidden 7 to see how much of them is left. I am going to talk with ShortFuse, because I think he has a hacking device.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
What is the point of this if we can't utilize it... -_- I really don't see why people are getting so excited.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
What is the point of this if we can't utilize it... -_- I really don't see why people are getting so excited.
We don't know ywt if we can't utilize it. This is exactly what people did with NyaseNya, everyone immediately labelled him/her a fraud instead of actually considering what he/she is saying might be the truth. Even if the Forbidden 7 aren't playable, it would interesting to see what their Brawl models look like.

paper_crane

Smash Cadet
What is everyone getting upset about? Designers almost always leave traces of unused code in the final version. Sakurai is definitely not the only one who's guilty of this. It's not that he was "too lazy" to finish what he started; it just means that he had a lot of ideas, and he needed to decide which ones took priority. Here, it looks like they barely started working on these characters before they were dropped, and the code was left in because extra code doesn't affect the end product.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Wait, I thought Rosalina and Duster were confimred on the E for all/Whobby Demos?
They were. Which makes this extremly strange. I sent a message to ShortFuse about the cut Assist Trophies and Pokemon. Something is definitely up....

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
What is everyone getting upset about? Designers almost always leave traces of unused code in the final version. Sakurai is definitely not the only one who's guilty of this. It's not that he was "too lazy" to finish what he started; it just means that he had a lot of ideas, and he needed to decide which ones took priority. Here, it looks like they barely started working on these characters before they were dropped, and the code was left in because extra code doesn't affect the end product.
That doesn't explain why fully completed Assists and Pokemon were still in the game a few weeks ago, yet are completely missing in the final version.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That doesn't explain why fully completed Assists and Pokemon were still in the game a few weeks ago, yet are completely missing in the final version.
Well, we don't know if Rosalina, Sothe, and Duster are/were really Assist Trophies. We never had videographic evidence and we never had info on what Duster does.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well, we don't know if Rosalina, Sothe, and Duster are/were really Assist Trophies. We never had videographic evidence and we never had info on what Duster does.
Lots of people mentioned Sothe, Sothe was supposedly one of the most common Assist Trophies at JumpFest. I visited many Japanese forums, and many of them mentioned in their impression at JumpFest they encountered the Sothe Assist Trophy several times.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
You know if this thing is true, then it's odd that they would cut Sothe instead of getting rid of the 7 useless player models... it's also odd that Brawl has a save file of 128 blocks without anything, when Nintendo saves rarely pass double digits... Perhaps, though very unlikely, Nintendo IS actually planning downloadable content involving playable characters, and they only added enough info so that the Brawl disk can recognize the downloaded characters! Wouldn't that explain everything weird about Brawl? The save file size being huge would be to make it seem like the downloads didn't increase the blocks for Brawl, which is a definate disadvantege for the Wii when it has no hard drive. The character potraits on the character select screen shrinks so they could make room for downloaded characters.

I know, I know! Unlikely as pigs flying, but Activision said that Nintendo was working out it's downloadable content mechanism, and that's why Guitar Hero III doesn't have DLC yet. Brawl is SUPPOSED to be Nintendo's Online Showcase! Maybe they had to work out the scheme for Brawl.

Either way, if there really truely IS downloadable content for playable characters in Brawl, then the DOJO in the two months it has remaining, will tell us so.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
At the moment I've chosen not to even consider it's possibilities, because I'm confident it won't happen. It just sounds too good to be true, and not Nintendo-like. Even if Brawl IS meant to be the ultimate fan project.

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
The game has been decrypted and the whole roster, enemy list, at list, trophy list, and stick list have been posted here

(url removed)

27 assist trophies
582 trophies
over 600 stickers

Seeing how the characters that aren't on the roster, but are here only have 128 size, just like the warioman pac, I'm guessing they're unlocked alt costumes.

Mewtwo - Lucario
Dr Mario - Mario
Toon Zelda/Sheik - Zelda/Sheik (why couldn't they have just done this for Link and Toon Link and given us a completely new character?)
Roy - Marth
Dixie - Diddy
Not sure about Pra Mai
*edit* got a tip that this stand for
Prai Mai = Plusle and Minus = Pikachu's alt costume

\effect\fighter\ef_warioman.pac, size:128 off:2ADD2820

\effect\fighter\ef_mewtwo.pac, size:128 off:2AB67460
\effect\fighter\ef_dr_mario.pac, size:128 off:2A9536C0
\effect\fighter\ef_toon_sheik.pac, size:128 off:2ADBF4A0
\effect\fighter\ef_toon_zelda.pac, size:128 off:2ADBF520
\effect\fighter\ef_roy.pac, size:128 off:2AD02780
\effect\fighter\ef_dixie.pac, size:128 off:2A940A20
\effect\fighter\ef_pra_mai.pac, size:128 off:2AC9DE40

Those are the facts, now if you don't want to here my idea to include my left out characters, please skip the rest and resist the urge to flame and just focus on what's below.

Someone should now that the game is decrypted, find a way to have alt costumes for Fox and Ike for Krystal and Isaac, they might be clones, but who cares, they'll be playable ^^
I'm a programmer, send me the code, I will work on it night and day if I think it's possible for them to be playable.

Lucas_User

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I would just think about them being PC, a whole different character.
But I guess that way works.

painseeker

Smash Cadet
Midnas in the toy/fig section.does that mean if nintendo does give downloadable content she wont be there. :(

Hejiru

Smash Ace
Why are people talking about downloadable content all of a sudden? Did I miss some Nintendo message? Is that even possible/likely?

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Time to end debate:

1) Brawl was produced off Melee's code. Maybe they kept Roy, Mewtwo and Doc in so they can use their models for trophies(?). Sometimes models are just left in.

2) These could potentially be cut characters. Plusle and Minun could have been Iceclimbers+Pichu

3) Alt costumes would be under the character they correspond with, in their folder

4) The game doesn't support downloading new animations and stuff, so these characters can't be un-lokced via LDC

5) The reason Mr.Game and Watch is only 128 "bytes" is becayse he has no textures. The game just shows a new picture every new frame. Wario Man is 128 because he has different stats and colors and is the result of an items. Same with Giga Koopa.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Why are people talking about downloadable content all of a sudden? Did I miss some Nintendo message? Is that even possible/likely?
I think him releasing some sort of expansion pack down the road is more likely.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Time to end debate:

1) Brawl was produced off Melee's code. Maybe they kept Roy, Mewtwo and Doc in so they can use their models for trophies(?). Sometimes models are just left in.

2) These could potentially be cut characters. Plusle and Minun could have been Iceclimbers+Pichu

3) Alt costumes would be under the character they correspond with, in their folder

4) The game doesn't support downloading new animations and stuff, so these characters can't be un-lokced via LDC

5) The reason Mr.Game and Watch is only 128 "bytes" is becayse he has no textures. The game just shows a new picture every new frame. Wario Man is 128 because he has different stats and colors and is the result of an items. Same with Giga Koopa.
Brawl is a completely new game. If it had Melee's code a lot of the old Pokemon and trophies would still be in the game. Also, a lot of the Assists and Pokemon that were in the game as early as a few weeks ago, yet their data is completely gone.

courte

Smash Lord
who the hell said should something should have been unlocked by now??

do you remember how long some of the things in melee were??
back when i first got the game and i saw the requirements for mewtwo, i wasn't as devoted as i am now to get the character in one day. sakurai knows the hardcore fans will try to do things as much as possible, heck i even remember the first time i was told i played 4995 matches. there will be more things to unlock, just give it time

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Or this is all inaccurate and a prank. Posting a link to a photoshopped file list only to have it changed to 2girls1cup, lemon party, "Offended" on encyclopedia dramatica?
ShortFuse also came across the same character files. I don't why this person thought it was a joke to switch the entire Brawl code page to 4chan memes.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion

back when i first got the game and i saw the requirements for mewtwo, i wasn't as devoted as i am now to get the character in one day. sakurai knows the hardcore fans will try to do things as much as possible, heck i even remember the first time i was told i played 4995 matches. there will be more things to unlock, just give it time
You can actually get Mewtwo by playing one stock matches on a small stage and jumping off rapidly 1000 times. It's tedious, but it gets you the character.

As for me, I left my GCN on in short spurts of 2 hours so it won't overheat :/

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

No everything is most likely unlocked. However, it is interesting to note, that although you get an all trophies unlocked message after unlocking all the trophies, in actuality there are two more trophies. These are the Mario & Yoshi and the Samus Unmaked trophy. The only way to unlock these trophies is via an Action Replay and was available via some event in Japan to promote Super Mario Sunshine and Metroid Prime.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
But will they make an expansion pack with more characters? Is Nintendo likely to do that?

In other words, should I get my hopes up?

Top Bottom