• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monthlies Arcade Legacy! Prolly odne.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
You won't have to worry about that if I visit, Chi.

Go on and have fun at the tournament!

I'll keep her company and the best part is that we'll both be playing Smash!

:yeahboi:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
So are there actually going to be monthlies, or is that just a troll name?
Depends on how these go and how I feel. There is one planned for July as well, none currently planned for august.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
So skullgirls person whoever that was, you running skullgirls here? I'm not taking care of the side tournaments at all, just want to know if one's being run. :p

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Friendly reminder:

BRING SETUPS!

This is the first pools tournament the midwest has had in some time, and I'd like it to go smoothly. It's easy enough to do as long as we have setups. We've tentatively got 14 Tvs and 12 Wii/Brawl copies at the moment, but the more the merrier.

If for some reason our attendance (currently hovering in the 24-30 range counting people posting in the thread) is say, 24 players and we have 12 setups

That is one setup per pair! That's cool!

We should keep that assuming the attendance is higher.

I haven't released the pool #s yet because that is indicative of how many setups we have in relation to how many players show up. It's looking like it'll be pretty smooth sailing at the moment, but I'd rather have too many setups than none. Plus, more setups means more friendlies!

I'm going to try to keep the pools as close to three iterations as possible!
That means if we had 24 players show up:

24 players: 4 pools of 6 with top 3 getting out

12 players: 2 pools of 6 with top 3 getting out

6 players: 1 pool of 6 with top 5 getting prize monies and whoever gets 6th probably getting a sympathy prize from Overswarm

Sets played:

First round of pools: 5 per player
Second: 5 per player
Third: 5 per player

Meaning a guaranteed 15 sets, or possibly 45 games, for anyone who makes it to third round.

This is an experiment and I'd love to do tournaments like this in the future, so briiiiiiiiiiing setups!

SoulPech

Smash Master
My Wii was stolen about 6 months ago, so I had to buy a new one. Work Johns prevented me from playing the game and getting the data back.

tl:dr- Bringing TV

:phone:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Playing what?

It takes about an hour to get the data back. Turn off pause, put on 1hp mode special brawl with flowers, keep pressing start and watch TV. Flip back randomly to beat challengers.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
I think I want to come hang out. Who all's gonna be here? Probably everybody I like.

Also, hey indiana are you gonna be there? and if so are you gonna be swagged out?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Yep, I'm coming. Likely trying to ride with Keister so I can bring my TV and Wii. Or Keister brings two TV's and my Wii. Something like that.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Playing what?
The Game.
It takes about an hour to get the data back. Turn off pause, put on 1hp mode special brawl with flowers, keep pressing start and watch TV. Flip back randomly to beat challengers.
I can try that when I get home from work tonight. Doesn't help the fact that I'm lazy. I'll see if I can bust it out tonight so that I can bring the full set-up X____________X

EDIT: Juu, let me know who you're going to ride with by Thursday.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I guess it would be a good time to bring my copy of Brawl, too, just in case.

I just have to monitor the Wii it may be played on during the whole event. I wouldn't want mine stolen, either.

Kirikou Rung

Smash Apprentice
Well, Cameron bailed on me. And i waste $15 dollars from this past sunday. So unless Cam gives me back that 15 dollars, and someone from Huntington or Columbus is nice enough to pick me up, i can go. If you can or you want to talk to me, please message me on Facebook or call me ASAP!!!! Being that my birthday is this weekend, i should betting more money. If i some how dont get the money, i will sell games at arcade legacy like i normally do

www.facebook.com/applexjack

home #: (937) 275 7330 (Ask for Paul)

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
If we pick you up that adds like 1 hour and 20 mins to our trip because we have to go to Indianapolis. :(

Fan mentioned coming to this if she didn't have to work though.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I think I want to come hang out. Who all's gonna be here? Probably everybody I like.

Also, hey indiana are you gonna be there? and if so are you gonna be swagged out?
If you go, you should take Wangston. I think he's rly wantin to go.
Also there's a guy in Lexington who works at a Shanghai Bistro that looks like you.
Also, I miss you.

SoulPech

Smash Master
I guess it would be a good time to bring my copy of Brawl, too, just in case.

I just have to monitor the Wii it may be played on during the whole event. I wouldn't want mine stolen, either.
I don't think you'd need to worry about that. Just grab a piece of tape and put your name on that. I actually had someone or some people break into my house a while back and stole my laptop, all of my consoles, and all of my TVs.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Registration is from 11:00 a.m. to noon!

Doubles starts immediately after registration, and singles pools the moment it is possible. Please do not show up at 5 p.m. and say "can I sign up for singles", as we are starting singles as quickly as possible!

Because this is an all pools tournament and additional people can mean way more time, I can't say we're doing X pools of Y in advance and need to see how many people show up first.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Cr4sh! I'll be there.

@OS: Do you need extra TVs? I cannot bring a Wii though...
Eh, if you don't mind bringing them. I have no idea how many we'll have space for; when I talked to the guy on the phone he was iffy about having more TVs (?) and mentioned there being too many previously. Dunno how I feel about that, we'll see how this one goes to see if we'll be doing this again in July.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Jesse needs to have TVs open for regular customers usually. It's unlikely we'll be allowed to use more than the minimum amount of TVs necessary because some customers like to come in and pay for time on regular systems. Bringing our own TVs reduces the number of systems he can use, whether it's because we're taking up existing TVs or replacing available TVs

Fancy Fanny

advances in gem tech
Fan mentioned coming to this if she didn't have to work though.
Second busiest day of the year AND end of the month, the odds of me not working were very slim.
Although I dont have to go in until 6

And now I'm super sad I have to work.

SpIn Me ArOuNd

Top Bottom